Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355694)

jjc41 08-18-2021 06:20 AM

Re: New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates

Well I woke up this morning feeling crappy, tightness in chest, runny nose, weak and like a metal taste in my mouth. Going to get tested at lunch time. I am fully vaxed. Not saying I have it, but something is definitely not right. Hope it is just a summer cold. I follow every damn precaution too.

ISawTheBridge10 08-18-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjc41 (Post 18017717)
Well I woke up this morning feeling crappy, tightness in chest, runny nose, weak and like a metal taste in my mouth. Going to get tested at lunch time. I am fully vaxed. Not saying I have it, but something is definitely not right. Hope it is just a summer cold. I follow every damn precaution too.

Or, heaven forbid....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biyggo4B8K8

packbg480 08-21-2021 12:48 PM

Sorry if I missed this but has anybody confirmed it is okay to show a photo on a smartphone instead of the physical card?

Thanks!

jcwalb2 08-21-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packbg480 (Post 18021504)
Sorry if I missed this but has anybody confirmed it is okay to show a photo on a smartphone instead of the physical card?

Thanks!

Everything I have seen says “printed copy.” So I don’t think phone would be acceptable. I was just going to make photocopies of my card (little concerned I might lose my card).

dmbdreamingtree 08-21-2021 01:55 PM

One: this thread should be stickied w policies. Two: sad to see the number of DMB fans who are anti vaxxers. Instagram account comments are flooded w them

YankeesDMB41 08-21-2021 01:58 PM

Seeing the line for tests at Citi Field depressed me. So many people still not vaccinated.

RiotAct 08-21-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 (Post 18021539)
Seeing the line for tests at Citi Field depressed me. So many people still not vaccinated.

long lines or non-existent?

dahpissah 08-22-2021 10:48 PM

This is horse shit!!!! There's 30K+ going to sporting events without being vaccinated but we need it for this?! I never get sick so I'm worried that shot will fuck up my immune system. If your that paranoid about covid you shouldn't be going to concerts. Order siriusxm radio and stay the fuck home!

MiniFlynny34 08-23-2021 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahpissah (Post 18022460)
This is horse shit!!!! There's 30K+ going to sporting events without being vaccinated but we need it for this?! I never get sick so I'm worried that shot will fuck up my immune system. If your that paranoid about covid you shouldn't be going to concerts. Order siriusxm radio and stay the fuck home!

Don’t go then.

People going to concerts are clearly not paranoid. The requirement is to limit the transmission of the virus to limit the stress on hospitals.

How people still fail to grasp 18 months into this that hospital capacity is what dictates guidelines/restrictions is unreal.

BTBaboon 08-23-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

I never get sick so I'm worried that shot will fuck up my immune system.

:lol :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniFlynny34 (Post 18022469)
Don’t go then.

People going to concerts are clearly not paranoid. The requirement is to limit the transmission of the virus to limit the stress on hospitals.

How people still fail to grasp 18 months into this that hospital capacity is what dictates guidelines/restrictions is unreal.

:thumbsup

BTBaboon 08-23-2021 05:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Follow up to this - is the requirement to show this pre-entry? If the original is required (and it seems like it may not be - a printed photo-copy sounds like it works?), I'd like to be able to put it back in my car before entry. Do they provide stamp/wristbands or anything for this?

willndmb 08-23-2021 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniFlynny34 (Post 18022469)

Exactly

I am all for peoples “right to choose” but you can’t make a choice and then get made because someone else (band/venue/individual) make a choice that you don’t like because it impacts yours.

I also am interested to see the reply to those who say they didn’t get vaccinated because it’s only experimental and not approved??
Seems like today might be the day that it is fully approved, so get your new excuse ready.

YouNeverKnow25 08-23-2021 05:37 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

it depends on the show, you'll need to look at your specific venue's policies. Some shows (gorge, burgettstown, others) require a paper print-out or the original vax card, or the original printout or a copy of the negative test.

Other shows (MSG for one) allow a picture on the smartphone.

Gotta get info direct from your venue's web page.

graceham 08-23-2021 05:43 AM

I can't speak to accepting photo's on a phone but I had a copy made and laminated for MPP on Saturday. I have seen some posting it is/was acceptable but I didn't want to risk finding out at the gate it was not. From what I saw everyone near me also had a paper copy. Handed them the vax card and showed my ID. They stamp your hand and then take your ticket right after the vax check-in. I did not go to the gate until nearly 7pm and it really couldn't have gone any smoother IMO. I imagine this could be a venue by venue situation and it will be interesting to see how it goes at other places before heading to SPAC in a few weeks.

I viewed at it as a minor price/inconvenience/hassle to go and see a concert. Really wasn't an issue, didn't slow entry down, and after putting it back into my pocket was never a thought again.

donvito72 08-23-2021 05:49 AM

Quote:

I don't even understand the issue - you don't even have to be vaccinated, weirdo - just go get your test if you want to go. What part are you struggling to comprehend?

ISawTheBridge10 08-23-2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Are you Dwight Schrute?

BrahmaBull 08-23-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18022523)
it depends on the show, you'll need to look at your specific venue's policies. Some shows (gorge, burgettstown, others) require a paper print-out or the original vax card, or the original printout or a copy of the negative test.

Not so sure about this. Here's SPAC:
https://spac.org/covid-guidelines/

Says updated 08/10.

There's no way they only sold 35% inside seats as the majority of these tickets were sold over two years ago.

Socially distanced lawn? I saw lawn pics from a Hall and Oates concert this month, there were some gaps in people, but then sardined areas too. Not to mention you get a much different crowd for H&O(older). DMB lawn creatures will be packed in as usual.

Also, no mention of excelsior pass anywhere. It's 2021, I really need to bring a piece of paper?

BTBaboon 08-23-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrahmaBull (Post 18022563)

Says updated 08/10.

There's no way they only sold 35% inside seats as the majority of these tickets were sold over two years ago.

Socially distanced lawn? I saw lawn pics from a Hall and Oates concert this month, there were some gaps in people, but then sardined areas too. Not to mention you get a much different crowd for H&O(older). DMB lawn creatures will be packed in as usual.

Also, no mention of excelsior pass anywhere. It's 2021, I really need to bring a piece of paper?

If you click the link on the SPAC website that says "For guidelines pertaining to Live Nation pop, rock, and country concerts, click here"- it brings you to the LiveNation site: https://www.livenation.com/venue/Kov...s#venue-safety

Here's what it says:
Quote:

This information only applies to the following shows:
Dead & Company - Friday, August 27th
Maroon 5 - Monday, September 13th
Dave Matthews Band - Friday, September 17th & Saturday, September 18th
Please note this performance is requiring all fans to provide PRINTED proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of the event OR full vaccination for entry.
  • All fans must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and provide printed proof of a negative result prior to entering the venue. Or, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination - either the original vaccination card or a printed copy of the vaccination card.
  • Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
  • Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility, and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue

ToySoldier#34 08-23-2021 06:48 AM

Quote:

Do you have any worry about getting COVID-19 or will your immune system just swat it away?

BrahmaBull 08-23-2021 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18022523)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrahmaBull (Post 18022563)

Says updated 08/10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 18022573)
If you click the link on the SPAC website that says "For guidelines pertaining to Live Nation pop, rock, and country concerts, click here"- it brings you to the LiveNation site: https://www.livenation.com/venue/Kov...s#venue-safety

Here's what it says:

Thanks, makes more sense. But also doesn't at the same time. :lol

Their policy is to only sell 35% of tickets to keep you safe, but that's only for the ballet. $115+ inside tickets for national acts? Who cares about your safety!

I'll be there, but the hypocrisy is unreal.

DmBand801 08-23-2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18022550)
Are you Dwight Schrute?

:lol:lol:lol

BrahmaBull 08-23-2021 06:53 AM

Also, why can't NYers use the excelsior pass? It's literally ran by the state this venue is in.

BTBaboon 08-23-2021 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrahmaBull (Post 18022606)
Thanks, makes more sense. But also doesn't at the same time. :lol

Their policy is to only sell 35% of tickets to keep you safe, but that's only for the ballet. $115+ inside tickets for national acts? Who cares about your safety!

I'll be there, but the hypocrisy is unreal.

But that stated policy is just outdated; they don't have a 35% capacity limit for any future performances on their calendar - there's no ballet on the schedule for the remainder of the year that I can see. That was a policy from before NY really hit their vaccine levels that got things back to 100% capacity allowed.

It's not hypocrisy, it's just a website that needs updated verbiage.

BrahmaBull 08-23-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 18022643)
But that stated policy is just outdated; they don't have a 35% capacity limit for any future performances on their calendar - there's no ballet on the schedule for the remainder of the year that I can see. That was a policy from before NY really hit their vaccine levels that got things back to 100% capacity allowed.

It's not hypocrisy, it's just a website that needs updated verbiage.

Ok, I was a little strong, but it does say Updated 8/10 which is less than two weeks ago. Maybe there was a couple events where these "guidelines" actually were in place?

BTBaboon 08-23-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrahmaBull (Post 18022815)
Ok, I was a little strong, but it does say Updated 8/10 which is less than two weeks ago. Maybe there was a couple events where these "guidelines" actually were in place?

It looks like that “updated 8/10” only applies to the two bullet points below it. Everything beneath that are likely old/not updated (for instance, it notes lawn tickets are available to NYCB despite no upcoming NYCB shows).

I just think their site is a mess haha

karczews41 08-23-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

You are so much the problem it's almost comical. The only reason we're in the this spot is dumbasses like you. Here's a solution: you don't get the vax, stay the fuck home and shut the fuck up.

Unedited 08-23-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

If you're so paranoid about the vaccine you shouldn't be going to concerts that require it.

tyler3440 08-23-2021 01:57 PM

I’m so over the anti vaccine crowd. They cause the current surge

donvito72 08-23-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unedited (Post 18023199)
If you're so paranoid about the vaccine you shouldn't be going to concerts that require it.

The concerts don't even require a vaccine. Tell him to quit bitching and go get a negative test. Unless he doesn't think those work either....

mthawk07 08-23-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

If you think a vaccine will somehow fuck up your immune system, perhaps you should learn more about how they work.