Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340449)

LaLaLaLaHey 10-16-2021 09:23 AM

Re: DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

Just wanted to say, thank you for finally implementing scrubbing on the app for the streaming! Not sure when you did (was probably a while ago), but just randomly decided to try again to see if it worked and it did! Really appreciate all the work you’ve put into the app Matt - thank you!

Matt 10-16-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLaLaHey (Post 18063298)
Just wanted to say, thank you for finally implementing scrubbing on the app for the streaming! Not sure when you did (was probably a while ago), but just randomly decided to try again to see if it worked and it did! Really appreciate all the work you’ve put into the app Matt - thank you!

You're very welcome! It was a month or so ago when I got scrubbing working. It's in the update notes, but if you update all your apps automatically it's easy to miss!

YankeesDMB41 10-16-2021 09:28 AM

The fact that I can stream any show I want on your app is fantastic. It's a must have for any DMB fan. Absolutely amazing work that many people in my life appreciate.

danielalan 01-13-2022 07:55 PM

Is there anyway you guys can add dave guesting with Dumpstaphunk to the tour central so I can track
It on the app :)

don_h 01-14-2022 09:21 AM

Hey Matt - Love the app and totally appreciate all the hard work you've put in to it. Any chance you're planning on adding streaming capability to the AppleWatch app? I have no idea how much effort that might entail, but for those of us that run sans iPhone, it would be awesome to listen to a different show every day w/o the pain of downloading/converting/syncing/etc.

anklebunker 03-23-2022 02:01 PM

Got another hub stub question here. I have the 2018 Hollywood Bowl on my stats, but I don't have the "Album Drop" stub. Thanks!

hokiejon 04-13-2022 10:13 AM

I attended the Mexico shows this past Feb and that stub is not appearing for me. DO they do an update on stubs like that every so often and its a waiting game for that?

Matt 05-13-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokiejon (Post 18170221)
I attended the Mexico shows this past Feb and that stub is not appearing for me. DO they do an update on stubs like that every so often and its a waiting game for that?

I believe I had fixed this after this was posted. Just confirming :)

Hippie LoneWolf 05-16-2022 11:46 AM

I cam across an Android version of DMB HUB, is it legit?

Matt 05-16-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippie LoneWolf (Post 18190654)
I cam across an Android version of DMB HUB, is it legit?

1. I highly doubt it runs or is an actual app.
2. Not legit.

Hippie LoneWolf 05-17-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 18190718)
1. I highly doubt it runs or is an actual app.
2. Not legit.

Thank you for the heads up!

Matt 05-18-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippie LoneWolf (Post 18191130)
Thank you for the heads up!

Feel free to DM me the link to what you're referring to, if you don't mind.

Cscottrun 05-18-2022 12:43 PM

Hey Matt - any thoughts of including some personal tour information with the push notification for setlist updates?

For Example:

Now Playing:

Warehouse

You last heard this song live on __/__/___

Matt 05-18-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18192041)
Hey Matt - any thoughts of including some personal tour information with the push notification for setlist updates?

For Example:

Now Playing:

Warehouse

You last heard this song live on __/__/___

[Paulie Walnuts voice]
WHO YOU BEEN TALKIN' TO?

*Smirk*

Cscottrun 05-18-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 18192051)
[Paulie Walnuts voice]
WHO YOU BEEN TALKIN' TO?

*Smirk*

Honestly, nobody....but fair enough. Looking forward to it.

cpandrewschmidt 07-14-2022 08:30 AM

Hi all,
Came across this app and tried to download if for an Android. Seems it's called iTour.dmb for our phones. Trying to stream Alpine this year but not having any luck finding anything to stream even though the show is there. Does this work for Android yet or only apple's? Thanks

Andrew

Matt 07-24-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpandrewschmidt (Post 18233018)
Hi all,
Came across this app and tried to download if for an Android. Seems it's called iTour.dmb for our phones. Trying to stream Alpine this year but not having any luck finding anything to stream even though the show is there. Does this work for Android yet or only apple's? Thanks

Andrew

DMB Hub is only available on iOS. No idea what iTour.dmb is.

eggsrsweet 11-09-2022 10:24 PM

I would love to see some Hub Stubs for different show types :) Like —

Flying Solo - Attended a Dave solo show
Double Trouble - Attended a D+T show
“Hey, My Friend!” - Attended a Dave and Friends show

Obviously, the names could be whatever. Just thought those would be fun and I was surprised they weren’t in there already.

ExistenceNow 11-10-2022 05:28 AM

Just noticed the Bueller stub. Has there ever been a 9x liberation? My biggest one was 12 years and isn't even halfway to 1350 shows. Currently there are only 4 songs that would qualify:

Spotlight
People People
Get in Line
Let You Down

Only 9 songs are at over 1,000 shows with no plays. Beyond that, the band would need to play 500+ more shows in order to qualify the song. I don't think this band has 500 shows left in them. So this stub is definitely a grail.

I can't find a list of the liberation history. I'm curious what the all-time biggest liberation was.

prdstmnky36 11-10-2022 07:32 AM

There’s been a couple in the 12 year range (Water into Wine, Break For It). I don’t think there’s been anything much more than that.

ExistenceNow 11-10-2022 03:32 PM

#34 was 12 years but it was 12 years of their heavy playing days, so that one is either close to the 1350 mark or over it. Wild that between 2010 and 2022 only amounts to 600ish shows.

RunawayTwoStep 11-10-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18296612)

I can't find a list of the liberation history. I'm curious what the all-time biggest liberation was.

I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for, but maybe it’ll help:

http://dmbalmanac.com/Liberations.aspx

It does have an “all liberated songs” history section.

ExistenceNow 11-10-2022 05:19 PM

Thanks.

Per that, it's never happened.

I'm going to bet that nothing with under a 1000 days has a chance because I don't think the band will play enough shows for that to happen. So that leaves:

People People
Spotlight
Get In Line
Let You Down
For the Beauty of Wynona
Me and Julio
Angel of Montgomery
Mother Father
Angel

First three will never happen. If the return of the Ladies didn't cause the return of Angel, I don't think that one is coming back. I think Let You Down, Wynona, and Angel from Montgomery are not going to be played full band. If they get into Dave's head, we'll get them solo or D&T.

That leaves Me and Julio and Mother Father.

Paul Simon is 81, so there's still time for him to guest on it full band assuming he's well enough to do so (I have no idea where he's at with music right now). I don't think they'd play it full band as a tribute to him if he passes while they're still active.

Mother Father? All it takes is one wild hair by Dave. Maybe some random riff reminds him of it. I think this is our only realistic shot at getting this stub. And I'm here for it. I'd love to hear it live.

kittyb 11-27-2022 04:13 PM

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but on the DMB Hub app, there are no shows after the Hollywood Bowl shows that you can listen to. Are there just no shows uploaded or is there a way to fix this? Thanks!!

Dannyyankou 06-19-2023 10:11 AM

Scrubbing from the Lock Screen was my #1 feature request, thanks for adding it!

Matt 06-19-2023 10:24 AM

:confused
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 18425261)
Scrubbing from the Lock Screen was my #1 feature request, thanks for adding it!

My pleasure!!

Sparque_Phiir 06-26-2023 01:28 PM

First of all, thanks for doing the app. As far as streaming goes, is the limited availability of older shows basically a result of having a finite amount of bandwidth? I'm curious if there has even been any effort to integrate DMB tapes into the Archive or Relisten app?

Matt 06-28-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparque_Phiir (Post 18429516)
First of all, thanks for doing the app. As far as streaming goes, is the limited availability of older shows basically a result of having a finite amount of bandwidth? I'm curious if there has even been any effort to integrate DMB tapes into the Archive or Relisten app?

I want to curate it, to be frank. Maybe at some point we get all known recordings out there to stream, but I want to take a more community-focused and curated approach to it.

Just dropping all shows of all time (not to mention the level of effort to do so) doesn't strike me as very exciting or fun.

UrsadonDMB 07-19-2023 10:58 AM

Love this new Hubstub feature. Bragging rights for all! :lol

Matt 07-20-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB (Post 18441924)
Love this new Hubstub feature. Bragging rights for all! :lol

New? Also: hi Nashville! :)