Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tim Reynolds - The Ultimate Guitar Troll (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357945)

Skywalker1138 06-20-2022 12:32 PM

Re: Tim Reynolds - The Ultimate Guitar Troll

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 18210314)
Wow, Tim is overrated now? Never thought I'd see… This OP in this thread has a very poor take on Tim.

Indeed! :ugh

monizzle145 06-20-2022 01:06 PM

This weekends 2 stops in Mansfield and Hartford Tim was perfectly mixed. I absolutely love the way the neck position humbuckers sound on the Supro and Gibson SG. Even the bridge pickup switches in solos sound great too. The tone in LIOG in Mansfield was perfect and being on the rail in Hartford Tim was amazing all night.

Cobo 06-25-2022 09:09 AM

Was so good not having him there last night.

hopewelljones 06-25-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobo (Post 18219960)
Was so good not having him there last night.

Was pretty fuckin cool not having you around either

Captainnumber36 06-26-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker1138 (Post 18214490)
Indeed! :ugh

Ya, this is actually a pro-Timmy thread!!!! Love that alien!!

monizzle145 06-26-2022 07:40 PM

As someone who started going to show in 2012 going to 2 deer creek shows without Tim was awesome.

Pig- Daves guitar was so much more audible and present even though tim typically doesn't do anything overbearing on that song.

Cornbread- This is a song I don't like the slide on even though Tim absolutely shreds. Lawlor giving more of a SRV blues rock solo was better than the slide twang of tim as far as fit. Tim is an alien when it comes to his immense talent but his tone doesn't always fit the band.

DDTW- Love the extra space in the song without the loud distorted guitar. I know most people at a show love tim on this and the song but for me it ruins the theme of the song. The slower dynamic buildup sans electric guitar is better to me than having tim pounding sound through the verses.

I hope Tim is back by alpine because the Mansfield/Hartford Weekend I enjoyed him more than I have ever enjoyed him in the full band mix ever in my decade of touring. But Deer Creek was awesome for a fan like me who didn't start going to shows till 2012.

BigJimiWhiskey 06-29-2022 01:07 PM

I'm really sorry but this entire thread is a troll. Are you kidding me with this conversation? He is literally one of the best guitar players of all time no matter what "your friend" says. That's like asking your friend who played quarterback in high school about what they think about Aaron Rodgers. "honestly, he actually sucks. I was a qb in highschool and I just think he's not good because I throw football too"