Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in One Week! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

RSSR 08-21-2021 07:52 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

I do know whenever I hear Dave play SFTW solo on Sirius XM, the chorus is in my head the next 20 minutes.

WhereYouGoin 08-21-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 18021344)
2021 New Album Potential Tracks - MP3 Rip Downloads
I'm keeping a separate folder going of new songs played in 2021 that could be potential new album tracks. In this folder I've just been keeping the SiriusXM rips for quality purposes.
Link to folder

Singing From The Windows
7/23/21 Raleigh
8/13/21 Deer Creek
8/19/21 Amagansett (Dave Solo)

The Ocean and the Butterfly
7/23/21 Raleigh
8/6/21 Chicago
8/19/21 Amangansett (Dave Solo)

The Only Thing
8/13/21 Deer Creek

Walk Around The Moon
7/23/21 Raleigh
7/30/21 WPB
8/20/21 Mansfield

Are we talking new DMB record or new Dave record like Some Devil?

TheStone91 08-22-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin (Post 18021869)
Are we talking new DMB record or new Dave record like Some Devil?

New DMB album. C’mon Martin, you know this!

Aforauer 08-22-2021 05:03 PM

Any insiders hear anything new as far as timing or songs? BruceW or Scottpr? Just curious

watsonbriant 08-25-2021 12:25 PM

Dang. Can’t believe how quiet this thread has gotten.

RSSR 08-25-2021 12:30 PM

Will the band make the decision to let us hardcores know first through the Warehouse? That's what I'm curious about. Or will they announce concurrently with other news outlets at the same time the Warehouse announcement goes out?

madhatter 08-25-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18025551)
Will the band make the decision to let us hardcores know first through the Warehouse? That's what I'm curious about. Or will they announce concurrently with other news outlets at the same time the Warehouse announcement goes out?

Have they ever? And what would be the reason for doing so?

RSSR 08-25-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatter (Post 18025565)
Have they ever? And what would be the reason for doing so?

I don't remember any precedence off the top of my head of that happening before. Which is why I wondered out loud. That would be a kind gesture the band could do for us.

BruceW 08-25-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18025575)
I don't remember any precedence off the top of my head of that happening before. Which is why I wondered out loud. That would be a kind gesture the band could do for us.

Announcing it to WH members first would be a kind gesture?

Why? The second it would be announced, someone would post it on social media. I don’t see how that does anything.

Releasing it early would be a different story

spoot388 08-25-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18025575)

whats the difference? this isnt the 80s. as soon as news is announced somewhere, its everywhere. they could literally tell ONE warehouse member when the album will be released and there will be articles on music news outlets within an hour. that one person posts about it on here and the WH boards, we all tweet and fb post about it as soon as we see it. its spread nationally, if not globally, within minutes. the only way they could announce it to WH members first is if they send an email at 11:58am and have a public announcement posted on the website at noon.

Whiteyxc514 08-25-2021 04:34 PM

I'm not sure what — if anything — to make of it regarding a new album, but it would appear that the great Matt Norlander had some kind of access to the band today, including maybe a round of mini-golf with Dave and Carter hah. https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...199930369?s=20

He also posted a shot on his instagram from the stage.

madhatter 08-25-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 (Post 18025751)
I'm not sure what — if anything — to make of it regarding a new album, but it would appear that the great Matt Norlander had some kind of access to the band today, including maybe a round of mini-golf with Dave and Carter hah. https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...199930369?s=20

He also posted a shot on his instagram from the stage.

Huh. The tweet seems to have been deleted in the last minute. I saw it, and then it was gone.

Cptn. Monkeyman 08-25-2021 04:44 PM

Not familiar with the band, but My Morning Jackets just announced a new album yesterday for release October 22. If the general feeling around here is a fall release coinciding with MSG, maybe they'll announce it soon?

YankeesDMB41 08-25-2021 04:45 PM

I see them announcing it before the Gorge, and then debuting 2 more new songs.

madhatter 08-25-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 18025585)
Announcing it to WH members first would be a kind gesture?

Why? The second it would be announced, someone would post it on social media. I don’t see how that does anything.

Releasing it early would be a different story

Releasing early to WH members? How early could they do it without having to deal with pirating affecting other sales?

Whiteyxc514 08-25-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatter (Post 18025753)
Huh. The tweet seems to have been deleted in the last minute. I saw it, and then it was gone.

Weird, here’s another one he posted: https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/st...742185472?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bibby1044 08-25-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 (Post 18025806)
Weird, here’s another one he posted: https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/st...742185472?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what qualifies as surreal stuff to him?

madhatter 08-27-2021 06:10 PM

FYI, Walk Around the Moon was submitted to the US Copyright office on July 20th, a few days before it debuted. Singing From the Windows and Ocean and the Butterfly had previously been registered last year (Windows in March, and Ocean & Butterly in July). Nothing yet on The Only Thing (or anything else for that matter).

Ccrules2791 08-29-2021 06:23 AM

To be honest, I find how DMB handles album releases to be mind-boggling! They have so many great tracks and they can line it up but sometimes it seems like they talk around albums as opposed towards them.

Part of it has to deal with a lot of touring, so I cut them a lot of slack. But just wild to see every other band (including one of my favorites Coldplay) on a release schedule and DMB rumors or interviews with little actual confirmed information!

Just put Bismarck on the album!!! :)

ericvol 08-29-2021 06:48 AM

It feels to me that for a couple months now they’ve had a very specific plan around the new album release point and to me it had to have been about getting through this tour and use it as a catalyst to sell winter tour and early spring international tickets.

They are holding it back for that reason and it feels early September is timeline for when you’d start that momentum.

joshg 08-29-2021 12:48 PM

Brakes on this thread will be pumped for a while with this new 'Ye.

blumathu 08-31-2021 07:46 AM

Looks like Rashawn is in the studio while they have a few days off. Wonder if it's for the DMB album.

ElijahSoRight72 08-31-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 18030592)
Looks like Rashawn is in the studio while they have a few days off. Wonder if it's for the DMB album.

This was my thought as well. If it is for the new album, I at least feel better that they want to finish it soon, and aren’t putting it on the back burner.

alec 08-31-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

I saw in the caption to his Instagram post that he was doing something for Earth, Wind, & Fire.

arizza11 08-31-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

It's for Earth, Wind and Fire

Missed the post above me

dontdrink36 08-31-2021 11:34 AM

Allen Stone just announced a "new" album. All the tracks are stripped down versions of older previously released album tunes. Would y'all be interested in DMB ever doing something like this?

HonestDenver1 08-31-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18028817)
It feels to me that for a couple months now they’ve had a very specific plan around the new album release point and to me it had to have been about getting through this tour and use it as a catalyst to sell winter tour and early spring international tickets.

They are holding it back for that reason and it feels early September is timeline for when you’d start that momentum.

Agreed.. the business move now is to finish a successful tour.. winter will be an album promo and tour..

Had they not done shows or had to cancel them.. I believe we’d have the album
Already.

HonestDenver1 08-31-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 18030862)
Allen Stone just announced a "new" album. All the tracks are stripped down versions of older previously released album tunes. Would y'all be interested in DMB ever doing something like this?

No.. I would take the “live..not live” album
Though.. I hate it when bands do the stripper down version and call it a new album… it means out of material and needs a marketing gimmick to tour on

dontdrink36 08-31-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 18030893)
No.. I would take the “live..not live” album
Though.. I hate it when bands do the stripper down version and call it a new album… it means out of material and needs a marketing gimmick to tour on

DMB has always played their old songs. Even now 23 years removed from BTCS The Big 3 still is the majority of the songs on the tour. They don't need a gimmick to tour.

I would absolutely buy a studio dmb album featuring their old songs in an acoustic format similiar to that of the 2 sets era.

Alpine416 08-31-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18028817)

I've been thinking the same thing. No point for it to drop now mid-tour. It will come sometime after the tour with enough time to build up to a future tour to promote it.