Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

Dave&Tim41 07-05-2018 05:16 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackandblu34 (Post 17179076)
But you can literally listen to it whenever you want. Why do you care if it's on the actual radio? Especially when it's a DMB specific radio. If you were scrolling around the dial on some random station sure.

I originally thought like this, too, but there is something nice about not choosing the music. Personally, I find myself going back to the same versions of the same songs over and over. It's nice to have the variety without having to think hard about it, I guess if that makes sense.

skiddiet 07-05-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 17178464)
How disappointing that studio Can't Stop segues perfectly into studio Bartender

It's Can't Stop -> Bartender again now. So odd/funny/sad that the song order repeats like this

dobyblue 07-05-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackandblu34 (Post 17179076)
But you can literally listen to it whenever you want. Why do you care if it's on the actual radio? Especially when it's a DMB specific radio. If you were scrolling around the dial on some random station sure.

My post is about as self-explanatory as any post I’ve ever made, do you just enjoy reading yourself type?

berman1125 07-05-2018 08:25 PM

This is basically a month-long playlist with a few live shows tossed in on fridays. There isn't even an actual host who talks, its just sound bytes in-between songs. At least on Jam on they have someone there to talk about things.

comeandsee41 07-05-2018 08:57 PM

This is EXACTLY why I signed up for this promo and what I expected from this. But they play the same handful of live songs from the same handful of live shows. Which is why this has been so disappointing.
Quote:

I originally thought like this, too, but there is something nice about not choosing the music. Personally, I find myself going back to the same versions of the same songs over and over. It's nice to have the variety without having to think hard about it, I guess if that makes sense.

YNK4127 07-05-2018 09:51 PM

How the hell do you sign up for a free trial? I can't figure it out at all.

dmbwadeo 07-06-2018 05:20 AM

I can't tell you the past time I listened to Studio Old Dirt Hill. Is that Carter's vocals in the "Bring that Beat Back to me" part?

Dave&Tim41 07-06-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 17179297)
How the hell do you sign up for a free trial? I can't figure it out at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17168301)
Steps for free trial of Sirius without having to use a credit card:

1. https://www.siriusxm.com/hsbb30daytrial
2. Enter information, but leave promo code space blank and submit.
3. If it doesn't work, check to make sure it didn't insert a code for you automatically. If so, remove it and resubmit. Eventually it will process and send you an email with your password.
4. Go here and log in: https://player.siriusxm.com/welcome
5. In the rare instance your log in doesn't work, reset your password and the new password they send you should work.

The above quote worked for me.

ExistenceNow 07-06-2018 05:56 AM

Only listened a handful of times when riding in Allison's car, but so far all I've heard is studio tracks.

I don't know what I was really expecting... I guess this isn't made for people like us with extensive collections. If I just shuffled DMB on my phone I'd get a much better mix of stuff than they seem to be playing.

Dave&Tim41 07-06-2018 06:03 AM

Are they really playing The Dreaming Tree from Gorge that Dave stopped halfway through? Meanwhile we have LT39, CP Bonus Disc, LT14, LT26, the amazing acoustic version from the Obama disc??? So confusing.

chadizzy1 07-06-2018 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmachobaracho (Post 17178908)
I also don't know if anyone said they were going to record the streams. If anyone was wondering how to do so, here's a guide that would help to record with the program Audacity.
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/...n_windows.html
(Mac and Linux versions also available)

Not too hard. Turn off all other system & program sounds in case anything else goes off so nothing else get added to the recording. Maybe connect to your modem directly to avoid a router going down in the middle of things. Record the whole show. Then break it up into individual tracks. Kinda like the digital version of using a vcr/boombox to record something off the tv/radio like back in the 90s.

Been a while since I've done so, but that's worked for me in the past recording the D&T farm aid sets that sirius would broadcast. Not sure if I will try to record any of these streams, don't even have audacity installed on my new laptop. I'll be at the WPB show that is the 4th and final DMB radio broadcast.

Carrying over from the previous page. I'm willing to chip in on anyone's Sirius membership who wants to tackle this.

If anyone can record the whole show, I can deal with the rest later if needed (splitting it up, etc)

berman1125 07-06-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave&Tim41 (Post 17179389)
Are they really playing The Dreaming Tree from Gorge that Dave stopped halfway through? Meanwhile we have LT39, CP Bonus Disc, LT14, LT26, the amazing acoustic version from the Obama disc??? So confusing.

Its a quick album promo that they took all of one day to set up and program. This thing is on auto pilot

imnothingman 07-06-2018 06:41 AM

I really hope some kind soul(s) out there record these Friday shows!

NateC32 07-06-2018 06:51 AM

Does anyone know if they will replay the show from tonight or if its a live stream only?

elmachobaracho 07-06-2018 06:58 AM

Haven't listened to studio versions in like forever, usually just live shows, both auds & official releases, so I'm really digging some of those.
Rehearing all the classics in my car takes me back to my high school days, driving around in a cheap old Toyota and jamming the cassette mixtapes I made, remembering falling in love with this band back in the day

Matt 07-06-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17179400)
Carrying over from the previous page. I'm willing to chip in on anyone's Sirius membership who wants to tackle this.

If anyone can record the whole show, I can deal with the rest later if needed (splitting it up, etc)

If I can get a trial signed up, I’ll record it

chadizzy1 07-06-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17179457)
If I can get a trial signed up, I’ll record it

Awesome, thanks! If you can’t get a trial worked out, I’m fine chilling in on a paid membership if you need to go that route

georgedavis003 07-06-2018 08:56 AM

Did anyone else just hear what appeared to be like a live #40 tease into That girl is You? Can’t tell if it was intentional or not or my XM messed up but that was strange

hkhund07 07-06-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berman1125 (Post 17179406)
Its a quick album promo that they took all of one day to set up and program. This thing is on auto pilot

I think you're right. I just tweeted @Siriusxm to make them aware of the entire live music collection:
https://davematthewsband.shop.musict...ases?cp=1_5575

I told them to use that! LOL..

This channel should be more of a dedicated DMB Live station with live DJ's, with access to the entire music collection (Warehouse, Musictoday, etc..).. and the Friday Live concert idea should be extended for entire tours..

-DMB 07-06-2018 09:41 AM

Setting up a free trial is quite easy for anyone who wants to listen. I'm going to capture it tonight and have it up afterwards.

Note: for anyone listening or especially recording on the website go to application setting and change sound quality to maximum :thumbsup

comeandsee41 07-06-2018 09:42 AM

i dont understand how Sirius wouldn't have access to the band's entire live (released at least) collection when doing this. if they don't, talk about bush league.

crashintonickdm 07-06-2018 09:43 AM

Every time I hear a LT44 track come on I cringe. Such a terrible performance

TurboPGT 07-06-2018 09:50 AM

When I click the link in the Warehouse email, it takes to me sirius and the channel starts playing. I don't have an account, and I'm not signed in. So why does it work?

DMBstandUP1984 07-06-2018 09:58 AM

The fact they don't have a DJ isn't weird...although Nikki Glaser tweeted out that she is the voice of DMB radio but I haven't heard her once.

crashintonickdm 07-06-2018 10:16 AM

Lmao jeff talks about rapunzel so they followthat up with belly belly nice with the incorrect song id of you might die trying.

dobyblue 07-06-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 17179729)
Lmao jeff talks about rapunzel so they followthat up with belly belly nice with the incorrect song id of you might die trying.

Stefan talks about live albums and Babylon By Bus and how it's probably still his favorite live album...then they play "Redemption Song" from Uprising.

:lol

BringBackButchT 07-06-2018 10:25 AM

anyone familiar with the web player? There's options to change the stream quality from normal, high, maximum, but I don't hear any differences between any of them. Also when I switch mid song there's no pause for buffering or anything. In general it all sounds somewhere around 128kbps, hoping for a higher quality stream for the show.

crashintonickdm 07-06-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobyblue (Post 17179735)
Stefan talks about live albums and Babylon By Bus and how it's probably still his favorite live album...then they play "Redemption Song" from Uprising.

:lol

Lol I was waiting for rapunzel to start because he said he and the flecktones were amazed at the timing and carters work. Then they rip into belly belly under the tag YMDT.

My gf was like wtf was that?

fonzz41 07-06-2018 10:41 AM

I wish there was a way to listen to just the segments of the band members talking.

Unless there is, and I'm just missing something obvious?

kevinmavs 07-06-2018 11:11 AM

Jeff Coffin was like hey here's a song from Sting.

Weird, but I get it if it's a one month thing.