Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 11-19-2017 06:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Wow, that was a rough hit in the Rags/Sens game. I do not believe it was intentional on Brendan Smith's part but that looked real bad - truthfully I am not even sure it would have been called if Borowiecki did not hit the boards so hard. Tough call for the refs to make, I can see both sides of it. Sucks, hope Borowiecki is OK.

Lcsulla 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

Great PK by Rags, atrocious PP by the Sens - 5 minutes and only one shot WTF?

bradshaw06 11-19-2017 06:41 PM

Gudas got 10

bradshaw06 11-19-2017 06:42 PM

Thought the watson hit was pretty bad. Probably should have gotten more than 2

Lcsulla 11-19-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16937834)
Gudas got 10

Well deserved IMO. He is a dirty player. always has been!

swordo84 11-20-2017 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16937441)
Oilers suck, hockey sucks, everything sucks. First pick feels more likely than playoffs at this point.

Oilers are not good, confident they will not be making the dance this year (barring an unforeseen miracle).

What I've noticed the most is that too many guys are trying to be McJesus out there. Trying to make the 'cute' pass though 3 defenders, only to have it get picked off and turned up ice for an odd-man rush against. They all really need to start embracing a shoot-first mentality.

Chumlee67 11-20-2017 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16937996)
Oilers are not good, confident they will not be making the dance this year (barring an unforeseen miracle).

What I've noticed the most is that too many guys are trying to be McJesus out there. Trying to make the 'cute' pass though 3 defenders, only to have it get picked off and turned up ice for an odd-man rush against. They all really need to start embracing a shoot-first mentality.

More teams need to do this. The Bruins young guys have started doing this, but McAvoy needs to shoot more.

Shots can generate bounces and rebound at a higher rate than the success of cute cheeky passes.

aeroshady 11-20-2017 06:27 AM

The NY Rangers SNL skit was pretty awesome this week :lol

dmbetc 11-20-2017 09:49 AM

Although the Kings lost, I had a blast at the game. The arena is beautiful.

I talked with some people and they all said the same thing - visiting teams come to Vegas and a lot of the players go out the night before the game. Could be a factor into Vegas having the best home record in the league.

Brohan_Santana 11-20-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16938282)
Although the Kings lost, I had a blast at the game. The arena is beautiful.

I talked with some people and they all said the same thing - visiting teams come to Vegas and a lot of the players go out the night before the game. Could be a factor into Vegas having the best home record in the league.

Hands down it has too be.

I wonder how many people were on Patrick Kane watch when they visited early this year :lol :lol :lol

Do they have slot machines in the stadium itself?

TheLastPig 11-20-2017 10:35 AM

Excited to check out LCA in detroit friday! Can any of you red wings fans suggest good bars close?

dmbetc 11-20-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16938353)
Hands down it has too be.

I wonder how many people were on Patrick Kane watch when they visited early this year :lol :lol :lol

Do they have slot machines in the stadium itself?

No slot machines in the stadium.

Brohan_Santana 11-20-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16938375)
No slot machines in the stadium.

Figured. Was there anything on the concourses that was unique to that stadium you won't find in other arena's?

Lcsulla 11-20-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 16938001)
More teams need to do this. The Bruins young guys have started doing this, but McAvoy needs to shoot more.

Shots can generate bounces and rebound at a higher rate than the success of cute cheeky passes.

Yup, I have been screaming this at my TV every game I watch the Hawks play since the third game. They started of with a shoot first mentality and it was paying off well with a lot of rebounds and traffic in front of the net. Then after netting 15 in two games they started a pass first thing, always trying to make that highlight reel pass for a one timer or something and the scoring dried up. Finally now since the game vs the Devils (which admittedly they lost - though they scored 5 goals) they have been peppering goalies and putting traffic in front of the net and it is working, they may only score a few goals and they are not always pretty but they are winning. Really have to get Kane, Toews and Saad on track though, not sure Anisimov and DeBrincat can carry this team to the playoffs even though Crawford has been pretty damn solid all year.

Roose13 11-20-2017 11:38 AM

Slots in the arena is a terrible idea anyway

Lcsulla 11-20-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16938431)
Slots in the arena is a terrible idea anyway

Wonder if there are any checks and balances on players betting for or against their team for the games in Vegas.

Lcsulla 11-20-2017 03:36 PM

PK Subban and his negative 4 rating is ranked higher in fantasy than Toews (+4), Saad (+3), Anisomov (+2) and Keith (-5) among other far better players on teams that are not the Hawks. Subban has 4 goals and 10 assists, he piss poor defenseman, a decent passer and an average shooter from the point. So may guys more deserving of being ranked higher. What damn planet am I living on with nonsense like this?

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/hockey/s...gs-rest-season

lockman21 11-20-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16938010)
The NY Rangers SNL skit was pretty awesome this week :lol

Chance is the fucking best.

Yeah that's an S, a K, and a J, all in a row. That's a nope.

~Crashintome89~ 11-21-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16938596)
PK Subban and his negative 4 rating is ranked higher in fantasy than Toews (+4), Saad (+3), Anisomov (+2) and Keith (-5) among other far better players on teams that are not the Hawks. Subban has 4 goals and 10 assists, he piss poor defenseman, a decent passer and an average shooter from the point. So may guys more deserving of being ranked higher. What damn planet am I living on with nonsense like this?

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/hockey/s...gs-rest-season

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Are you stating that PK Subban is not a better fantasy player than the four Hawks you mentioned?

Because he is.

He's certainly better than Keith. He's got a lower plus/minus, more goals than Keith, and they're tied with 10 assists.

aeroshady 11-21-2017 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16938637)
Chance is the fucking best.

Yeah that's an S, a K, and a J, all in a row. That's a nope.

"that's whats up!"

:lol great stuff in that skit

Roose13 11-21-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16938780)
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Are you stating that PK Subban is not a better fantasy player than the four Hawks you mentioned?

Because he is.

He's certainly better than Keith. He's got a lower plus/minus, more goals than Keith, and they're tied with 10 assists.

He’s a blatant homer and hasn’t an unhealthy hatred for Subban. Let him be.

Lcsulla 11-21-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16938836)
He’s a blatant homer and hasn’t an unhealthy hatred for Subban. Let him be.

Yeah, I was being a homer by mentioning some Hawks I would rather have but look at some of the other players just in the top 100 of that list that are ranked lower than Subban, it just makes no sense to me. Guys on other teams I think should be ranked higher than him:

David Pastrnak
Roman Josi
Matt Murray
Kevin Shattenkirk
Patrick Laine
Ben Bishop
Tukka Rask
Wayne Simmonds
Nathan MacKinnon
Joe Pavelski
Shea Weber
Ryan Johansen
Carey Price (If he ever gets healthy again!)
Shayne Gostisbehere
Logan Couture
Corey Perry
Max Pacioretty
James van Riemsdyk
Mika Zibanejad
T.J. Oshie
Dustin Brown

That is just guys in the top 100 ranked lower than PK (plus the 4 Hawks I noted) in this ranking. I think my argument has legit merit because if I had a fantasy team I would draft those guys higher than PK simply because I believe they'd generate more fantasy points for me. Look at the list and tell me you really think that is being a homer, I am not hating on PK, I just do not understand why he is ranked so high, much less why he is listed higher than those I noted.

Lcsulla 11-21-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16938780)

It is entirely possible I just do not understand how fantasy points are generated so maybe that comes into play. As for what you said here, no way he is a better player than Keith. Keith is a better passer and is a much better D man who can shut down nearly anyone even at the age of 34.

swordo84 11-21-2017 07:39 AM

The Pens are a great organization. Signed 5 kids from the Make-a-Wish foundation to 1 day contracts today.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/932995184031387649

~Crashintome89~ 11-21-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16938950)
It is entirely possible I just do not understand how fantasy points are generated so maybe that comes into play.

This.888

TheLastPig 11-21-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16938974)
The Pens are a great organization. Signed 5 kids from the Make-a-Wish foundation to 1 day contracts today.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/932995184031387649

Just saw this a little bit ago.

They do great things with the childrens hospital here.

But yeah in general they just do everything in the community the right way, and do a great job fostering kids into the game whether its through rec leagues or other stuff. They know those are future fans theyre building.

Roose13 11-21-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16938942)
Yeah, I was being a homer by mentioning some Hawks I would rather have but look at some of the other players just in the top 100 of that list that are ranked lower than Subban, it just makes no sense to me. Guys on other teams I think should be ranked higher than him:

David Pastrnak
Roman Josi
Matt Murray
Kevin Shattenkirk
Patrick Laine
Ben Bishop
Tukka Rask
Wayne Simmonds
Nathan MacKinnon
Joe Pavelski
Shea Weber
Ryan Johansen
Carey Price (If he ever gets healthy again!)
Shayne Gostisbehere
Logan Couture
Corey Perry
Max Pacioretty
James van Riemsdyk
Mika Zibanejad
T.J. Oshie
Dustin Brown

That is just guys in the top 100 ranked lower than PK (plus the 4 Hawks I noted) in this ranking. I think my argument has legit merit because if I had a fantasy team I would draft those guys higher than PK simply because I believe they'd generate more fantasy points for me. Look at the list and tell me you really think that is being a homer, I am not hating on PK, I just do not understand why he is ranked so high, much less why he is listed higher than those I noted.

I would take Subban over every single one of those guys, even the two Flyers on the list.

Are you really making an argument for Dustin Brown? (No offense, Sarah.)

dmbetc 11-21-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16938385)
Figured. Was there anything on the concourses that was unique to that stadium you won't find in other arena's?

From what I saw, no. Pretty standard, I spent most time up on thes suite level, I only walked a little of the concourse.

dmbetc 11-21-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16939104)
I would take Subban over every single one of those guys, even the two Flyers on the list.

Are you really making an argument for Dustin Brown? (No offense, Sarah.)

If we are talking strictly fantasy hockey...I will chip in and say Dustin has been a phenomenal fantasy pick this year.

But if I had a choice of having him or Subban...I’d probably pick Subban.

Lcsulla 11-21-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16939037)
This.888

I never claimed to know squat about fantasy sports, to be honest last time I tried it was baseball in 2001 and I gave up after about 3 weeks it was so annoying. To much of a headache and too many silly rules about point generation. How does a player generate fantasy points in hockey?