Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 06-23-2017 05:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822995)
I doubt they were consulted on the trade either but I fully believe they expressed a want to have Saad back

Yeah, I would agree with this. I have no doubt in my mind both Kane and Toews (among others) have expressed their wish to get Saad back. I mean, who wouldn't really - guy is a complete player, he is young, fast, skilled and under contract for 4 more years. Definitely not a 'bad' trade by any definition and I am happy to get Saad back even if it cost us a 30 goal a year guy - who will likely be getting a raise in 2 years if he continues at that production rate.

It is the Hjarlmasson trade that really is making me wonder what they are spiking their kool aid with in Chicago....

salrx95 06-23-2017 05:33 PM

Lightning drafted Cal Foote, son of Adam. New era of Foote in NHL

barbogast 06-23-2017 05:56 PM

Jesus Christ they gave Oshie 8 years?! Hahahahahahahaha

God dammit. Why.

Roose13 06-23-2017 06:01 PM

Flyers don't play the Devils until the 43rd game of the season. Way too long to wait for Patrick vs Hischier if both make their teams (they should).

fonzz41 06-23-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16823008)
Lightning drafted Cal Foote, son of Adam. New era of Foote in NHL

Steve Yzerman drafts the son of Adam Foote. Whoulda thunk??

Lcsulla 06-23-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16823021)
Jesus Christ they gave Oshie 8 years?! Hahahahahahahaha

God dammit. Why.

Have to say it seemed like an odd signing to me as well. Yeah, he is a solid player who averages 50 (give or take) points a season but by the time that contract is up he will be 39 and still making close to 6 million a year. Seems like the Caps overpaid a bit to keep him IMO - I would have thought a 4 or 5 year contract would have kept both sides happy at that annual rate.

dmbetc 06-23-2017 06:25 PM

Gabe Viladri sounds like a steal at 11th for the Kings.

Lcsulla 06-23-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16821161)
*Doug Glatt award for best enforcer – Lcsulla

:lol This thread rarely needs any enforcing at all, in truth it is one of about 3 threads on the site where I can act like a human rather than a mod. I think in the past few years I have only actually moderated in here about twice a year! Contrary to what people may think I do respect everyone in this thread because while we all disagree at times we are generally civil about it and all of you guys (and gals) know your stuff. This thread is a nice break from real life - I am currently listing my Panarin WC jersey on eBay. lol

As for Glatt - I always figured Joey Kocur would have knocked him out in 4 seconds flat. ;)

I would also nominate a new award for you Matty - Let's call it the 'Colorado Avalanche Envy Award.' :)

Cheers all and thanks to Matty and Barbs for their annual awards - even though I was never actually swung at anyone during a hockey game in all my life.

Roose13 06-23-2017 07:02 PM

Great move Philly! Essentially got two firsts for Brayden Schenn. I'm OK with this.

Roose13 06-23-2017 07:11 PM

Oh the things we say when we're young and dumb. The Flyers' other first round pick, yo...

https://twitter.com/_morganfrost_10/...53779609894912

dmbetc 06-23-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823065)
Oh the things we say when we're young and dumb. The Flyers' other first round pick, yo...

:lol this is great

rickyh24 06-23-2017 07:40 PM

He was definitely young when that was posted.

CrushB610 06-23-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823058)
Great move Philly! Essentially got two firsts for Brayden Schenn. I'm OK with this.

2 *late firsts for our most consistent young fwd... i'm not too happy about it.

Obviously pumped about the Patrick pick tho.

Brohan_Santana 06-24-2017 03:37 AM

Hey guys. Asking for a friend, what's the quickest someone's ever been banned back to back? Thanks in advance

kev87lads 06-24-2017 04:40 AM

#freeborhan

barbogast 06-24-2017 05:48 AM

Our Leonsis winner has appeared! Speeeech!!!

barbogast 06-24-2017 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823065)

Page doesn't exist. Curious what this was.

Roose13 06-24-2017 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16823193)
Page doesn't exist. Curious what this was.

I screen grabbed it last night haha

barbogast 06-24-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823194)
I screen grabbed it last night haha

:lol :lol :lol that's great

Looks like he's talking about the Emery game, judging by the time stamp

TheLastPig 06-24-2017 07:04 AM

Not sure how I feel about the Reaves trade. I thought the Pens liked Sundqvist a lot, he was also the Pens highest C prospect. Seems like a lot to give up your first rounder and him for Reaves. We got a 2nd rounder in return so we only dropped 20 spots in the draft but the price just seems too high.

I like the addition of Reaves in itself though.

Roose13 06-24-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16823209)
:lol :lol :lol that's great

Looks like he's talking about the Emery game, judging by the time stamp

Then I agree. They were shit that day. I had someone tell me I have no dick after I wrote about how I found what Emery did to be idiotic :lol:lol

barbogast 06-24-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823211)
Then I agree. They were shit that day. I had someone tell me I have no dick after I wrote about how I found what Emery did to be idiotic :lol:lol

:lol :lol macho hockey fans are the worst

JRS1386 06-24-2017 07:23 AM

The more I think about the more hesitant I am on the Schenn trade. He's only 25 (fuck why does it seem NHL players don't age the same way I do, I feel like he's been a Flyers forever) and could have grown more with our infusion of young talent that will be up soon. I trust Hextall knows what he is doing but I'm not sure if I like the Frost pick either

barbogast 06-24-2017 07:27 AM

I still can't believe the Caps locked up Oshie until he's 38. Only Washington can fuck up something as exciting as resigning Oshie.

Roose13 06-24-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16823220)
The more I think about the more hesitant I am on the Schenn trade. He's only 25 (fuck why does it seem NHL players don't age the same way I do, I feel like he's been a Flyers forever) and could have grown more with our infusion of young talent that will be up soon. I trust Hextall knows what he is doing but I'm not sure if I like the Frost pick either

Shit, I'm more excited about moving up to take Ratcliffe. A lot of people had him as a first-rounder. That's three forwards. Hextall clearly knows what weakness needs to be filled for the next couple years.

salrx95 06-24-2017 07:41 AM

Must admit the Oshie deal and the Schenn trade were head scratchers.

Hope a Hamonic deal gets done soon for everyone's sake. Talks with leafs apparently really heating up but would rather he go out west.

salrx95 06-24-2017 08:02 AM

Hamonic to Calgary . No details yet.

CrushB610 06-24-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16823220)

I wasn't hesistant, hated it from the start but sums up my thoughts on the Schenn trade. Still young, and felt like he was finally finding his groove and they ship him out for 2 late 1st Rounders and an overpaid 4th Liner. Kinda killed my buzz after the Patrick pick.

I don't like the Frost pick either but moving up to get Ratcliffe was a good move.

JRS1386 06-24-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16823223)
Shit, I'm more excited about moving up to take Ratcliffe. A lot of people had him as a first-rounder. That's three forwards. Hextall clearly knows what weakness needs to be filled for the next couple years.

He does have huge potential just got to hope he reaches it.

JRS1386 06-24-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16823246)
I wasn't hesistant, hated it from the start but sums up my thoughts on the Schenn trade. Still young, and felt like he was finally finding his groove and they ship him out for 2 late 1st Rounders and an overpaid 4th Liner. Kinda killed my buzz after the Patrick pick.

I don't like the Frost pick either but moving up to get Ratcliffe was a good move.

I wonder if there is more behind the scenes things going on with the Schenn trade. Maybe he was becoming sour in the locker room? I don't know, but I don't see Hextall making this trade if he didn't think we were getting at least equal value.