Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-19-2017 06:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Excessive review is excessive

Good goal

Roose13 04-19-2017 06:45 PM

Stupid Toronto

barbogast 04-19-2017 06:45 PM

Caps can't make it simple

barbogast 04-19-2017 06:48 PM

SHouldn't be this close but a win is a win

mthawk07 04-19-2017 06:48 PM

The Caps are physically unable to win a drama free playoff game.

barbogast 04-19-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16770779)
The Caps are physically unable to win a drama free playoff game.

I know right. It's uncanny.

Dramageek 04-19-2017 06:59 PM

I am consistently impressed by the Caps inability to play an uninteresting playoff game.

barbogast 04-19-2017 07:02 PM

https://twitter.com/strombone1/statu...68049463316480

Basically this

Brohan_Santana 04-19-2017 07:07 PM

I can't wait until the Caps see the other side of variance, maybe it will make the game more easy to watch

mthawk07 04-19-2017 07:08 PM

Yeah I don't understand how that goal was still overturned after review. Backstrom was pulled towards Andersen by Andersen himself.

DMBstandUP1984 04-20-2017 04:50 AM

I hope the Bruins lose 8-0 tomorrow.

Alazais 04-20-2017 06:19 AM

What a shit game to be at. I'm real annoyed that I spent all that money for that dumpster fire of a game. I didn't feel like we were ever really in the game at all. Also, Fuck Tom Wilson.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 06:47 AM

The Leafs can hit and skate, that's for sure.

The Caps skill and depth though paid off last night.

I still don't feel like Holtby has been comfortable all series though his stats are misleading as we had another garbage goal off a skate last night. Puck keeps bouncing away from the Caps.

Still more turnovers in our zone too. Ismtheir forecheck that good sports are the Caps just being too cute in their zone?

Tom Wilson - you can only hope to contain him.

Lets hope it's two and done from here.

Go Columbus!

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 06:57 AM

Holtby can't be giving up 3 a game. His save % isn't bad I agree he hasn't looked like the game changer you expect him to be.

Calgary, they aren't very good. Got a goalie here in Detroit if you want him. Of course there are plenty of guys available but hey worth a shot. He won't even need to get new pads.

9 days until my offseason can't start to get underway. God it sucks waiting for the draft lottery. Guessing I'll be doing it again next year too.

Roose13 04-20-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16770974)
Holtby can't be giving up 3 a game. His save % isn't bad I agree he hasn't looked like the game changer you expect him to be.

Their offense is electric. We saw that last night. And an electric offense will win you many games, but there will come a time when they will need Holtby to bail the team out and he hasn't shown he can do that yet.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16770974)

Calgary, they aren't very good. Got a goalie here in Detroit if you want him. Of course there are plenty of guys available but hey worth a shot. He won't even need to get new pads.

9 days until my offseason can't start to get underway. God it sucks waiting for the draft lottery. Guessing I'll be doing it again next year too.

Holtby seems a little over interested in things going on in the ice instead of just focusing on net minding. He's also taking a lot of chances handling the puck and aggressively looking for breakout passes, more so than in the regular season.

Just pushing really hard when he shouldn't have to.

All this may be fine if they get past round one but everything gets magnified the deeper you go and you gotta be tight. So far, Caps not looking too tight. But that can change for sure.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 07:11 AM

Was busy and couldnt watch last night.

I expect the Pens to finish things up this evening barring MAF having a bad game.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16770994)
Their offense is electric. We saw that last night. And an electric offense will win you many games, but there will come a time when they will need Holtby to bail the team out and he hasn't shown he can do that yet.

The way I see it is they've had some highlight reel goals and they've had some fluke bounce and skate goals. Both not many goalies stop.

I'm trying to think of a soft goal he's let in and really can't. He's gotten caught out of position more than anything from my perspective. Not in sync with his D at times.

aeroshady 04-20-2017 07:20 AM

I would not be feeling all that good if I were a Caps fan. All of these games have been 1 goal games. They have not been able to play shutdown hockey and have allowed big leads to fade in several games. I think they will beat the Leafs in this series, but I don't like their chances against Pittsburgh. I also think they would match up poorly against the NY Rangers if the Rangers could figure out how to get to the ECF.

As for the Bruins and Sens series. I believe it is a mix of Ottawa exceeding expectations most had of them as well as some rough calls going against the Bruins. The disallowed goal last night really put a dent in the Bruins momentum. That said, every game has been close and I wouldn't count Boston out just yet.

Blues v Wild. The Blues just didn't show up. I could see this series coming back to St. Louis again, but I don't see Minnesota winning it.

Finally, Anaheim is for real. If Chicago goes out (which they probably will), I think they have to be considered the favorite in the West. They are a complete team that looks ready to go all the way. I have a feeling we will see an all California WCF again.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 07:20 AM

Murray and Disco Dan out in Buffalo.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16771032)
I would not be feeling all that good if I were a Caps fan. All of these games have been 1 goal games. They have not been able to play shutdown hockey and have allowed big leads to fade in several games. I think they will beat the Leafs in this series, but I don't like their chances against Pittsburgh. I also think they would match up poorly against the NY Rangers if the Rangers could figure out how to get to the ECF.

As for the Bruins and Sens series. I believe it is a mix of Ottawa exceeding expectations most had of them as well as some rough calls going against the Bruins. The disallowed goal last night really put a dent in the Bruins momentum. That said, every game has been close and I wouldn't count Boston out just yet.

Blues v Wild. The Blues just didn't show up. I could see this series coming back to St. Louis again, but I don't see Minnesota winning it.

Finally, Anaheim is for real. If Chicago goes out (which they probably will), I think they have to be considered the favorite in the West. They are a complete team that looks ready to go all the way. I have a feeling we will see an all California WCF again.

Agreed on the Ducks, they have really surprised me. Definitely looking at them as the west favorite right now.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16771032)

Agree with all except the implication that Caps fans ever feel good. We have one setting: dread.

I will say on that note though that a new series can change things. The Leafts and Pens (or more likely Columbus) play different and perhaps that difference will be more suited to the Caps game.

The series with the Leafs has been a track meet and very little puck possession. A slower pace might benefit Washinging vs. their next opponent. Either way, still business to settle in round 1.

Roose13 04-20-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16771037)
Murray and Disco Dan out in Buffalo.

Eichel has to be happy about that.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771058)
Agree with all except the implication that Caps fans ever feel good. We have one setting: dread.

I will say on that note though that a new series can change things. The Leafts and Pens (or more likely Columbus) play different and perhaps that difference will be more suited to the Caps game.

The series with the Leafs has been a track meet and very little puck possession. A slower pace might benefit Washinging vs. their next opponent. Either way, still business to settle in round 1.

Sorry to break it to ya, but the Pens still play the same style they did last year. That means they also still play a fast paced game that isnt suited well for the Caps to play against them.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16771067)
Eichel has to be happy about that.

He's got that franchise by the balls now doesn't he?

Buffalo always the runner up. Lost the draft lottery to not get McDavid and lost out on Babcock to TO. Although I feel staying in Detroit was Babs next option after TO. Murray has bugged me ever since he whined about losing the draft lottery fair and square. I'd be disappointed too but I sure as shit wouldn't have whined publicly about it.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16771072)
Sorry to break it to ya, but the Pens still play the same style they did last year. That means they also still play a fast paced game that isnt suited well for the Caps to play against them.

If the Caps get their shit together, and the universe eases up on the curse, it's their game no one is suited for, not the other way around.

unccrombie 04-20-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771081)
If the Caps get their shit together, and the universe eases up on the curse, it's their game no one is suited for, not the other way around.

universe gave in on the cubs, so there's hope

unccrombie 04-20-2017 08:01 AM

Sabres fired Murray and Danny B. Can't say I agree with that

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771081)

:lol :lol

Hey I cant blame you for staying positive.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771108)
Sabres fired Murray and Danny B. Can't say I agree with that

Disco isnt a players coach at all. It doesnt surprise me his schtick dried up in buffalo so quicky.