Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 04-10-2017 07:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16763474)
#jacketsin5 you guys

Who's with me?

Ready for that sex cannon to go off

#jacketsin3

aeroshady 04-10-2017 07:59 AM

Playoff predictions:

WEST:

Chicago 4
Nashville 1

I believe the Hawks are too good to lose this series. Nashville also took a step back this season.

Minnesota 3
St. Louis 4

Blues are better than they look. Minnesota just has not taken that next step yet. Maybe these playoffs they do, but until then, I pick the Blues.

Anaheim 4
Calgary 3

Didn't really follow these teams, but I like the Ducks lineup better.

Edmonton 2
San Jose 4

Sharks were in the finals last year. I think that gets them back to the second round at least.

EAST:

Montreal 4
New York 1

Rangers sputtered into the playoffs again this year and have had issues on D all year. Hank will need to be superhuman again. The Habs have looked good since the coaching change, seem to have the Rangers number again this year, and will be looking for payback from 2014. Add in Hanks poor numbers in Montreal and we have a pretty short series here. I hope I am wrong, but the writing seems to be on the wall.

Ottawa 3
Boston 4

Bruins ended the season playing good hockey. I think they win this series and maybe gain some steam heading for a longer than expected playoff run.

Washington 4
Toronto 2

Washington should win this series with ease. That said, nothing is ever easy for the Caps, and for that reason, I think the Leafs hang around and win a few games. I don't believe this series will ever seriously be in question though.

Pittsburgh 4
Columbus 0

Penguins have Geno, Hotdog king, #87, and a fresh Stanley Cup banner. The Jackets have Torts and a horrible end of the season in games that mattered. Yeah, Pens gonna win this big.

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16763499)
Playoff predictions:

WEST:

Chicago 4
Nashville 1

I believe the Hawks are too good to lose this series. Nashville also took a step back this season.

Minnesota 3
St. Louis 4

Blues are better than they look. Minnesota just has not taken that next step yet. Maybe these playoffs they do, but until then, I pick the Blues.

Anaheim 4
Calgary 3

Didn't really follow these teams, but I like the Ducks lineup better.

Edmonton 2
San Jose 4

Sharks were in the finals last year. I think that gets them back to the second round at least.

EAST:

Montreal 4
New York 1

Rangers sputtered into the playoffs again this year and have issues on D all year. Hank will need to be superhuman again. The Habs have looked good since the coaching change, seem to have the Rangers number again this year, and will be looking for payback from 2014. Add in Hanks poor numbers in Montreal and we have a pretty short series here. I hope I am wrong, but the writing seems to be on the wall here.

Ottawa 3
Boston 4

Bruins ended the season playing good hockey. I think they win this series and maybe gain some steam heading for a longer than expected playoff run.

Washington 4
Toronto 2

Washington should win this series with ease. That said, nothing is ever easy for the Caps, and for that reason, I think the Leafs hang around and win a few games. I don't believe this series will ever seriously be in question though.

Pittsburgh 4
Columbus 0

Penguins have Geno, Hotdog king, #87, and a fresh Stanley Cup banner. The Jackets have Torts and a horrible end of the season in games that mattered. Yeah, Pens gonna win this big.

Ill be shocked if the Pens sweep. Im thinking the series goes 6. No way CBJ doesnt win at least one of their home games.

I hope youre right though.

DMBstandUP1984 04-10-2017 08:09 AM

Bruins won't be Ottawa...they are the one team in the league that can't figure out how to play against Ottawas style and the one player that could (Krug) is injured.

pathetic 04-10-2017 08:22 AM

better chance against Ottawa. would've been a quick sweep against caps

DMBstandUP1984 04-10-2017 08:24 AM

At least against the Caps you can hold out that Ovi chokes again...and the Caps/Bruins games would be more entertaining. The Bruins/Ottawa games are so boring.

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 16763525)
At least against the Caps you can hold out that Ovi chokes again...and the Caps/Bruins games would be more entertaining. The Bruins/Ottawa games are so boring.

Theres no way the Bruins wouldve had a better chance at beating the Caps than OTT. Thats silly to even suggest.

DMBstandUP1984 04-10-2017 08:27 AM

I don't think they would beat the Caps or Ottawa. But they haven't beat Ottawa in like two seasons and their style of hockey is boring to watch.

barbogast 04-10-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes

barbogast 04-10-2017 08:34 AM

Really nice ceremony at the Joe yesterday. Awesome to see all the former players who showed up.

TMoore4075 04-10-2017 09:08 AM

Yeah I'm alive. Was on vacay for a week, so the week prior was busy trying to get stuff taken care of before I headed out. Now trying to get caught up which will probably take a week. lol This is why I don't like taking vacations.

Perfect way to end The Joe. A win, Sheahan finally scoring, Z getting a goal and a helper in which was also his 1000th game, oh and 31 octopi in total were thrown lol. Ceremony was great too. Glad Stevie and Scotty were there. I'll be honest, teared up a bit. It's kinda nice that they didn't make the playoffs so you KNEW what the last game was. Sure I'd rather be in the playoffs but made yesterday more special and you win the last game. Like I've said before, it's a dump but it's our dump. I was reading comments on one youtube video and someone saying "well state of the art isn't all that important, you just need a rink. Well in theory that's great, but that's not modern sports and entertainment. I saw somewhere that the concourse will be three times as wide as the current one. That will be night and day compared to now which is one of my biggest complaints about the place. The press box will be great for all the media too because the one now is terrible and I never heard before the last week or so that halfway through construction is when they added it for JLA. Totally forgot about it so had to take the last couple rows out to make it fit. Gonna find a nice Saturday evening game in the fall to get to at LCA so I can go down in the afternoon a bit and find my way around and enjoy it.

kev87lads 04-10-2017 10:45 AM

Who set up our bracket challenge last year for the playoff predictions? Someone must still have the username/login, no?

The stuff at the Joe last night was cool. Still disagree with their #1 overall moment there though. Garbage (#bitterFlyersfan)

I think the Caps at least get to the finals this year. And I mean the Cup finals. I know the history is what it is. I know it's a different sport but it feels like the Eagles teams of early/mid-2000s that kept getting to the brink and finally pushed through (after adding some smart and valuable pieces) and at least got to the super bowl. They didn't win. Natch.

Lcsulla 04-10-2017 11:14 AM

Playoff predictions:

WEST:

Chicago 4
Nashville 1

I believe the Hawks are too good to lose this series. Nashville also took a step back this season. Hawks also well rested after an early exit last year.

Minnesota 3
St. Louis 4

Blues are better than they look. Minnesota just has not taken that next step yet. Maybe these playoffs they do, but until then, I pick the Blues. Agreed, I think Allen and Tarasenko will be the difference makers in a big 7 game series probably ends with an OT goal.

Calgary 4
Anaheim 3

Didn't really follow these teams, but I like the Ducks lineup better. I think Elliot finds his game and is the difference maker here. Additionally I believe the offense will be potent if Backlund, Bennett, Brouwer, Gaudreau and Versteeg get going.

Edmonton 3
San Jose 4

Sharks were in the finals last year. I think that gets them back to the second round at least. Agreed but I think it will go 7

EAST:

Montreal 4
New York 2

Rangers sputtered into the playoffs again this year and have had issues on D all year. Hank will need to be superhuman again. The Habs have looked good since the coaching change, seem to have the Rangers number again this year, and will be looking for payback from 2014. Add in Hanks poor numbers in Montreal and we have a pretty short series here. I hope I am wrong, but the writing seems to be on the wall. Agree again but I think the series will go 6 and the Habs will ride Price to the finish line in this one

Ottawa 4
Boston 3

Bruins ended the season playing good hockey. I think they win this series and maybe gain some steam heading for a longer than expected playoff run. Could go either way but I'd give a slight edge to Ottawa, especially if they can win game 1.

Washington 4
Toronto 2

Washington should win this series with ease. That said, nothing is ever easy for the Caps, and for that reason, I think the Leafs hang around and win a few games. I don't believe this series will ever seriously be in question though. Agreed, this will be like the Caps/Flyers series last year - close but never really in doubt.

Pittsburgh 4
Columbus 3

Penguins have Geno, Hotdog king, #87, and a fresh Stanley Cup banner. The Jackets have Torts and a horrible end of the season in games that mattered. Yeah, Pens gonna win this big. No chance you can sell me on a sweep in this one CBJ just too good but I think the Pens experience will win the series for them but it will be damn close due to the depleted blue line Pittsburgh has.

Good calls Aero, agree with most of your predictions, added a few notes of my own as well.

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 11:27 AM

Ill throw mine in here as well:

Chicago 4
Nashville 1

Minnesota 3
St Louis 4

Calgary 4
Anaheim 2

Edmonton 2
SJ 4

Montreal 4
NYR 2

Ottawa 3
Boston 4

WSH 4
Toronto 1

Penguins 4
CBJ 2

fonzz41 04-10-2017 11:30 AM

There is only one playoff prediction that matters:

#JacketsIn5

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16763778)
There is only one playoff prediction that matters:

#JacketsIn5

:lol

Why not #Jacketsin4 ?

Pretty lame to just give the Pens a win.

Roose13 04-10-2017 11:39 AM

#Penis7

Never forget.

fonzz41 04-10-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16763782)
:lol

Why not #Jacketsin4 ?

Pretty lame to just give the Pens a win.

We'll give them one, just for funsies

Can't remember if you were around when #jacketsin5 started in here. Just another thread joke that resurfaces every once in a while. Can't even remember why it started...

Becca, do you?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16763793)
#Penis7

Never forget.

So does #Penis7 mean seven penises? Or a penis that is #7 on a list or group of penises? Some sort of ranking system?

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16763805)
We'll give them one, just for funsies

Can't remember if you were around when #jacketsin5 started in here. Just another thread joke that resurfaces every once in a while. Can't even remember why it started...

Becca, do you?

So does #Penis7 mean seven penises? Or a penis that is #7 on a list or group of penises? Some sort of ranking system?

Haha no I wasnt.

#Penis7 definitely started on Penguins twitter.

dmbetc 04-10-2017 11:59 AM

Predictions:

East

Rangers (3) Canadiens (4)

Senators (4) Bruins (1)

Capitals (4) Leafs (1)

Penguins (3) Blue Jackets (4)

West

Blackhawks (4) Predators (2)

Wild (3) Blues (4)

Ducks (4) Flames (2)

Oilers (4) Sharks (2)

Roose13 04-10-2017 12:15 PM

Predictions:

East

Rangers (2) Canadiens (4)

Senators (4) Bruins (2)

Capitals (4) Leafs (3)

Penguins (2) Blue Jackets (4)

West

Blackhawks (4) Predators (2)

Wild (4) Blues (3)

Ducks (4) Flames (1)

Oilers (4) Sharks (2)

TMoore4075 04-10-2017 12:18 PM

Someone starting the bracket challenge or whatever? I'll do it if we need someone.

Climb2safety 04-10-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Not true. You also need Oshie, Backstrom, Kuznetskov, and Johansson to choke too.

This team is a lot deeper, both offensively but more important on the blue line. If orpik doesn't get suspended last year I think the Caps win that series.

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16763853)
Not true. You also need Oshie, Backstrom, Kuznetskov, and Johansson to choke too.

This team is a lot deeper, both offensively but more important on the blue line. If orpik doesn't get suspended last year I think the Caps win that series.

???

You think Orpik was the tipping point in that series?

I think you should point to the Caps not being able to get a win on home ice with Letang suspended.

lockman21 04-10-2017 12:36 PM

Predictions:

East

Rangers (4) Canadiens (3)

Senators (4) Bruins (2)

Capitals (4) Leafs (1)

Penguins (2) Blue Jackets (4)

West

Blackhawks (4) Predators (1)

Wild (3) Blues (4)

Ducks (4) Flames (3)

Oilers (4) Sharks (2)

barbogast 04-10-2017 12:48 PM

I don't think I'm gonna make predictions this year. I'm gonna try really hard to not think about the playoffs and just kind of let them happen. I'm still enduring a very busy lifestyle these days so the whole thing kind of snuck up on me this time. I figure I'll just try to ride that out.

barbogast 04-10-2017 12:48 PM

Oh and #jacketsin5. Always.

Climb2safety 04-10-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16763861)
???

You think Orpik was the tipping point in that series?

I think you should point to the Caps not being able to get a win on home ice with Letang suspended.

Yea. Going by from memory he got suspended in one of the first games and they lost each of the games he sat out. They did much better when he was back.

I don't remember the game by game.

swordo84 04-10-2017 12:50 PM

Rangers (4) Canadiens (2)

Senators (4) Bruins (2)

Capitals (4) Leafs (1)

Penguins (4) Blue Jackets (3)

West

Blackhawks (4) Predators (0)

Wild (2) Blues (4)

Ducks (4) Flames (1)

Oilers (4) Sharks (3)

TheLastPig 04-10-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16763877)
Yea. Going by from memory he got suspended in on of the first games and they lost each of the games he sat out. They did much better when he was back.

I don't remember the game by game.

Orpik was a non factor in the remaining games when he came back. He is far too slow to really have a major influence when the Penguins dictated the speed of the game the way they did for much of that series.

The Penguins won that series far more than anything the Caps did to lose it. Orpik was not going to make that difference playing in 3 more games. The caps won 1 of those games without him anyway.