Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 03-12-2012 08:20 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13425466)
Same here, 3-3 just doesn't work. I've seen it before when there's two minors in OT and its a joke to watch. 4-4 is super exciting and would love to see that for 5 more minutes than resort to a shootout.

Another thing I'd like to see gone is the automatic point for OT. With there being no ties anymore, what's the point? I don't feel like teams should be rewarded for losing in OT. If it goes to a shootout, sure, they deserve the extra point, but it devalues OT play a bit in my mind.

Please god though, don't bring back the red line! Not sure why some think it will reduce headshots. It won't be too long before we're back to where we started pre-lockout.

While I'm not so sure on 3on3 I'd still take it over a shootout. Yeah its a gimmick but so is the shootout. But I agree, I think 10 minutes of 4on4 would be better and the longer that goes the better chance of a penalty which a 4on3 PP can get good chances.

I never really thought about getting rid of the extra point for just OT. I could probably agree to that. Definitely do not get rid of it for the shootout. No way you should lose a point just cause of a skills competition. The 3, 2, 1 system would be work too. BUT it won't happen. Neither will getting rid of the point for a an OT loss. It bunches the teams up right now so they like that. Just cause points are close doesn't mean parity.

Yeah the red line does not help or hurt concussions. Crosby? Would the red line have helped? No. Savard? No. Voracek on the Kronwall hit? No. Patrick Eaves for the Wings has been out for a while with one but what was it from? A puck to the head. If guys were getting hit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbyBCA4Tbs

Then maybe but that doesn't happen often. And that was with the two-line pass back then.

JRS1386 03-12-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13425517)
If I remember right, I was never on the bandwagon, and made it painfully clear that I was waiting for him to be a dumbass. :lol

There are so many of you (Hawk fans) that it is hard to remember who was or was not on the wagon, it just seemed like most were. Also, :lol at Bron for trying to say there is a direct correlation between Carcillo playing and Hawks winning. That is Brohan level stupid

lockman21 03-12-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13425624)
There are so many of you (Hawk fans) that it is hard to remember who was or was not on the wagon, it just seemed like most were. Also, :lol at Bron for trying to say there is a direct correlation between Carcillo playing and Hawks winning. That is Brohan level stupid

Seriously.

Carcillo reported to have a $825K cap hit...SO HE GOT A RAISE. For FUCKING WHAT? Serving 3 suspensions in a quarter of a season? Fucking A Stan.

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280
yea heya heyah everyone keep laughing

for real though, I guess I'll be the guy in between Lockman and Bron in saying I just don't care they resigned Carcillo. It's a small contract for a guy who at best will play on the 2nd line occasionally but more likely on the 3rd or 4th. He takes dumb penalties and gets suspended and is an idiot, and that is definitely not worth a raise, so Stan Bowman is an idiot, but I can't get to fired up about 825k. His role would have just gone to someone else.

Plus, we were good when we had him and now we're not :BANG :BANG :BANG

Bron Yr Aur 03-12-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13425746)
for real though, I guess I'll be the guy in between Lockman and Bron in saying I just don't care they resigned Carcillo. It's a small contract for a guy who at best will play on the 2nd line occasionally but more likely on the 3rd or 4th. He takes dumb penalties and gets suspended and is an idiot, and that is definitely not worth a raise, so Stan Bowman is an idiot, but I can't get to fired up about 825k. His role would have just gone to someone else.

Plus, we were good when we had him and now we're not :BANG :BANG :BANG

Right. It's not really a big deal. I like him on the 4th line and he brings some energy. I mean, less than a mil per for a guy who put up a decent 11 pts in 28 games, throws a ton of hits, and showed the versatility to play with Kane & Hossa and not look totally out of place...ok I'm decently pleased with that. Certainly better than some of the options we have on the ice now.

And I don't really think it means much that we were playing better before he got hurt, but it's just kind of interesting....something to think about.

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13425774)
Right. It's not really a big deal. I like him on the 4th line and he brings some energy. I mean, less than a mil per for a guy who put up a decent 11 pts in 28 games, throws a ton of hits, and showed the versatility to play with Kane & Hossa and not look totally out of place...ok I'm decently pleased with that. Certainly better than some of the options we have on the ice now.

And I don't really think it means much that we were playing better before he got hurt, but it's just kind of interesting....something to think about.

No, it isn't.

Toews got hurt, Sharp got hurt, Hammer got hurt, Montador got hurt, and they slumped all at the same time. That 9 game losing streak is a huge thorn in the middle of the season, where the rest of it they have been pretty consistent. If they would have just won 4 of those games they would be a point behind Detroit.

We are not going to be stuck at the 6th seed because Carcillo got hurt.

Bron Yr Aur 03-12-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13425797)
No, it isn't.

Toews got hurt, Sharp got hurt, Hammer got hurt, Montador got hurt, and they slumped all at the same time. That 9 game losing streak is a huge thorn in the middle of the season, where the rest of it they have been pretty consistent. If they would have just won 4 of those games they would be a point behind Detroit.

Nahh...without Sharp we went something like 5-2-1. Without Toews we have been surviving 'ok.' Hammer & Montador both went out toward the very end of the losing streak, right when the team started playing better. The injuries excuse is nonsense. The team was, for the most part, healthy during the 9-game losing streak.

Pablo23 03-12-2012 09:49 AM

Sid the Kid coming back Thursday! F**k yeah!

fonzz41 03-12-2012 09:49 AM

Tweet from THN's Adam Proteau:

Quote:

Adam Proteau ‏ @Proteautype Hawks sign Dan Carcillo to 2-yr contract. As part of the deal, they'll set up a direct deposit to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
:lol:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 03-12-2012 10:48 AM

Dan Carcillo--savior of the Blackhawks!

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13425803)
Nahh...without Sharp we went something like 5-2-1. Without Toews we have been surviving 'ok.' Hammer & Montador both went out toward the very end of the losing streak, right when the team started playing better. The injuries excuse is nonsense. The team was, for the most part, healthy during the 9-game losing streak.

No, you're wrong. There is no point even getting into it, you're wrong.

JRS1386 03-12-2012 10:54 AM

So I make an amendment to the Brohan clause and that is anyone who has a username that begins with Bro are likely to make dumb arguments

TMoore4075 03-12-2012 11:35 AM

Apparently hybrid icing is getting some traction at the GM meetings. One that has some interest is getting rid of the hand pass in your own zone. Thoughts?

lockman21 03-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13425803)

What in God's name do you smoke? Because you should stop.

TMoore4075 03-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13426137)

Or should he not? Might be kinda fun.

dduncan6er 03-12-2012 11:40 AM

Clearly Carcillo is more important to the Hawks than Sharp or Toews.

dduncan6er 03-12-2012 11:41 AM

In fact Carcillo should probably wear the C in Chicago next year.

fonzz41 03-12-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13426120)
Apparently hybrid icing is getting some traction at the GM meetings. One that has some interest is getting rid of the hand pass in your own zone. Thoughts?

Did they mention the reasoning behind it? I see no problem with it. If anything, it adds another element - albeit a small one - to the game that allows players an option when they get into trouble.

I guess I just don't quite see how that addresses the bigger issues (in my mind): player safety and scoring. I would say the salary cap as well, but where it could be changing anyways with the new CBA, I haven't thought too much about it.

fonzz41 03-12-2012 11:44 AM

I hear plans for a Carcillo statue outside the arena are already being made.

Hull
Mikita
Carcillo

wampa3 03-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

I think the most interesting thing about suggesting to remove the handpass is that the only way they can remove it is if they penalize the offending player. My initial reaction would that it just creates another reason to blow the whistle, but it would certainly create more scoring opportunities if the consequence was generating PPs.

I'm really not sure how to feel about it. Overall it seems like a cheap way to generate more offense in the game because asking refs to call penalties that require judgement is too much to ask.

s0628711 03-12-2012 11:48 AM

No hand pass would obviously be an advantage to the offense.

As for player safety, I really think it comes down to equipment and ice size. One is fixable, the other pretty difficult.

That said, huge win for the rangers last night. Gaborik, Hagelin, Richards just dominated and torts played the A LOT.

Good way to start a seven game, fourteen day home stand. Should be able to get by Carolina tuesday and Thursday is going to be huge with Pitt comig to town.

kev87lads 03-12-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

I, like all of us, am a big fan of the game. But can't you get away with a hand pass in the defensive zone now as it is?...... As long as you touch it in your own zone still.

I'm down with hybrid icing.

TMoore4075 03-12-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13426153)
Did they mention the reasoning behind it? I see no problem with it. If anything, it adds another element - albeit a small one - to the game that allows players an option when they get into trouble.

I guess I just don't quite see how that addresses the bigger issues (in my mind): player safety and scoring. I would say the salary cap as well, but where it could be changing anyways with the new CBA, I haven't thought too much about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13426164)
I think the most interesting thing about suggesting to remove the handpass is that the only way they can remove it is if they penalize the offending player. My initial reaction would that it just creates another reason to blow the whistle, but it would certainly create more scoring opportunities if the consequence was generating PPs.

I'm really not sure how to feel about it. Overall it seems like a cheap way to generate more offense in the game because asking refs to call penalties that require judgement is too much to ask.

I haven't heard a reason for it but yeah how do you "legislate it?" Penalty? I don't like that. It is a huge advantage to the offense but I don't like it. I remember once hearing them saying letting players do a hand pass anywhere to create more offense. Apparently that's gone. The one thing I like is this is coming from the GM's not the Bettman. I can at least respect the GM's as feeling this is better for the game. While Bettman would only want it to be bring fans in.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 13426170)
I, like all of us, am a big fan of the game. But can't you get away with a hand pass in the defensive zone now as it is?...... As long as you touch it in your own zone still.

I'm down with hybrid icing.

You can get away with it not. The idea is that you won't be able to after this and possibly get a penalty for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0628711 (Post 13426167)
No hand pass would obviously be an advantage to the offense.

As for player safety, I really think it comes down to equipment and ice size. One is fixable, the other pretty difficult.

That said, huge win for the rangers last night. Gaborik, Hagelin, Richards just dominated and torts played the A LOT.

Good way to start a seven game, fourteen day home stand. Should be able to get by Carolina tuesday and Thursday is going to be huge with Pitt comig to town.

I agree with the equipment. I bring it up every time because guys on Fox Sports Detroit had and so did Don Cherry. Look at the pads Chris Chelios played with compared to some of these guys now. They are football players on skates.

lockman21 03-12-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13426139)
Or should he not? Might be kinda fun.

It would be a good time...I guess?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13426142)
Clearly Carcillo is more important to the Hawks than Sharp or Toews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13426147)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13426157)
I hear plans for a Carcillo statue outside the arena are already being made.

Hull
Mikita
Carcillo

:lol:lol

As far as no hand passes, I think it's dumb. ESPECIALLY if they start handing out penalties for that. Hybrid icing I'm all for.

wampa3 03-12-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13426210)
It would be a good time...I guess?

:lol:lol

As far as no hand passes, I think it's dumb. ESPECIALLY if they start handing out penalties for that. Hybrid icing I'm all for.

There would really be no other way to outlaw otherwise because if all it did was cause a stoppage of play, the defending team would do everything they could during penalties or extended shifts just to get a whistle.

Here's my take of the different scenarios

Stoppage of play hand-pass -> Inexcusably slows down the game for no good reason.

Penalized hand-pass -> Gives a decent advantage to the offense between players now avoiding clearing the zone by any means possible and generating more PPs if it happens. Doesn't excuse the lack of calls with egregious interference and holding penalities.

Bron Yr Aur 03-12-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13426000)
No, you're wrong. There is no point even getting into it, you're wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13426137)

What the fuck kind of argument is this? You disagree but provide no counter-argument. I'm not saying Dan Carcillo is one of the Hawks' best players, just that I like him as a role player on the team.

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 01:15 PM

Sharp did not get too 100% playing speed until the end of the losing streak.
Toews suffered his concussion in the middle of it.
Hammer and Montador got injured the game before Toews did.

Carcillo also got hurt the first game in January, the Hawks continued to kick ass until the All-Star Break when Sharp was hurt, apparently Hossa had a bum groin after the all-star break until recently, and then Toews Hammer and Montador got piled on top of it. We still aren't even fully healthy.

Losing Carcillo did not negatively affect this team...in any way. He's a nice 4th line role player, but we will and have survived without him, we just had bad luck with injuries and goaltending for about 3 weeks, and we are in the process of getting it all behind us now.

lockman21 03-12-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13426409)
What the fuck kind of argument is this? You disagree but provide no counter-argument. I'm not saying Dan Carcillo is one of the Hawks' best players, just that I like him as a role player on the team.

Your arguments basically went like this:

"Look at how much more successful the Hawks were with Carcillo:

______________"

"Nah, we're fine without Sharp and we're doing OK without Toews."

Why would we bother with a "counter-argument" to that nonsense?

If you remember, our losing streak started against the Preds and we were without Sharp in both those games, and without Toews in one of them. The injury bug has been a problem all year for this team.

It's a stupid argument you're making, which is why neither of us bothered a response.

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 01:29 PM

I totally forgot that Toews had a bad wrist too during the losing streak. If only we would have had Carcillo to bail us out we would be in the Stanley Cup finals by now

fonzz41 03-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13426204)
I haven't heard a reason for it but yeah how do you "legislate it?" Penalty? I don't like that. It is a huge advantage to the offense but I don't like it. I remember once hearing them saying letting players do a hand pass anywhere to create more offense. Apparently that's gone. The one thing I like is this is coming from the GM's not the Bettman. I can at least respect the GM's as feeling this is better for the game. While Bettman would only want it to be bring fans in.

You can get away with it not. The idea is that you won't be able to after this and possibly get a penalty for it.

It's a silly idea, and one that shows they are grasping at straws and hoping to come up with a handful. Disallowing hand passes affecting scoring?? Maybe by a very marginal, miniscule amount.

I know scoring has gone down recently, but it hasn't really affected the game much for me. I've watched some of the most exciting games I've seen in the past couple years, even with scoring on the decline.

If anything, they need to find a way to reorient some of the on-ice officials, as I'm slowly starting to see some of the clutch-and-grab style creep back slowly into the game. It's only natural that it would gravitate back to this way after a few years. It's not TERRIBLE yet, but I see a trend starting and in a few years, unchecked, it could be back to the way it was. Who knows, maybe Derian Hatcher could come out of retirement and be successful again! :lol

fonzz41 03-12-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13426513)
I totally forgot that Toews had a bad wrist too during the losing streak. If only we would have had Carcillo to bail us out we would be in the Stanley Cup finals by now

Carcillo could have just touched his wrist and it would have been healed.

efraser77 03-12-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13426562)
It's a silly idea, and one that shows they are grasping at straws and hoping to come up with a handful. Disallowing hand passes affecting scoring?? Maybe by a very marginal, miniscule amount.

I know scoring has gone down recently, but it hasn't really affected the game much for me. I've watched some of the most exciting games I've seen in the past couple years, even with scoring on the decline.

If anything, they need to find a way to reorient some of the on-ice officials, as I'm slowly starting to see some of the clutch-and-grab style creep back slowly into the game. It's only natural that it would gravitate back to this way after a few years. It's not TERRIBLE yet, but I see a trend starting and in a few years, unchecked, it could be back to the way it was. Who knows, maybe Derian Hatcher could come out of retirement and be successful again! :lol

It has for me...because my team is not scoring. :BANG

fonzz41 03-12-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 13426599)
It has for me...because my team is not scoring. :BANG

Sorry man. :hug

Tell the teams they play against to not hand pass... that should help. :rolleyes

efraser77 03-12-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13426614)
Sorry man. :hug

Tell the teams they play against to not hand pass... that should help. :rolleyes

:lol

Seriously, I don't know what is going on. I've never been hypercritical of my team, I tend to be sentimental and optimistic, but I'm really worrying that the Thornton/Marleau window has closed, and I don't even know if McLellan is actually a good coach, or just a mediocre one who was given a great situation that could mask the mediocrity for a while. But we've slid from 3rd to 9th, and as someone on a Sharks board said yesterday, it's looking less like a slump and more like a meltdown. Even if we do manage to grab the 7th or 8th spot, they've shown me zero reason to believe they could pull off a series win against Vancouver, Detroit or St. Louis. :shrug

~Crashintome89~ 03-12-2012 02:39 PM

NHL 12 pisses me off sometimes. There seems to be like a five game stretch where all the bounces go for the other team.

efraser77 03-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13426662)
NHL 12 pisses me off sometimes. There seems to be like a five game stretch where all the bounces go for the other team.

Totally, I agree.

Oh wait, you were talking about a video game...

~Crashintome89~ 03-12-2012 02:42 PM

Also RIP to "History Will Be Made" commercials.

JRS1386 03-12-2012 02:44 PM

I liked those commercials

Roose13 03-12-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13426147)

Can't spell "Carcillo" without "C"

efraser77 03-12-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 13426633)
:lol

Seriously, I don't know what is going on. I've never been hypercritical of my team, I tend to be sentimental and optimistic, but I'm really worrying that the Thornton/Marleau window has closed, and I don't even know if McLellan is actually a good coach, or just a mediocre one who was given a great situation that could mask the mediocrity for a while. But we've slid from 3rd to 9th, and as someone on a Sharks board said yesterday, it's looking less like a slump and more like a meltdown. Even if we do manage to grab the 7th or 8th spot, they've shown me zero reason to believe they could pull off a series win against Vancouver, Detroit or St. Louis. :shrug

Puck Daddy is reading this thread. Twelve minutes after I wrote this, Wysh wondered exactly the same thing. :lol :( :shrug :lorraine

bonzo48280 03-12-2012 06:56 PM

I love NHL 12 and I love it more when I play people from this thread

~Crashintome89~ 03-12-2012 07:29 PM

There is no way I'll ever play any of you people again. I'm very meticulous about my reputation and I am horrible at online games--despite my 162-128-30 record.

lockman21 03-12-2012 08:49 PM

lol CLASSIC Turco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMx9SHvk4ck

1/10 times that works. The other 9 he looks like a fish out of water. :lol

Bron Yr Aur 03-12-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13427678)
lol CLASSIC Turco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMx9SHvk4ck

1/10 times that works. The other 9 he looks like a fish out of water. :lol

looked pretty damn cool that time tho :lol

cry_minarets458 03-12-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13427341)
I love NHL 12 and I love it more when I play people from this thread

i miss playing nhl games. haven't bought one since nhl 2k5. :lol

efraser77 03-12-2012 09:29 PM

I'm still stuck on NHL 99 for PS1.

That Friesen-Damphousse-Marleau line is awesome.

lockman21 03-12-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 13427815)

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 13427815)

In NHL 99, you could interfere with the goalie when he had the puck and knock it loose. My favorite thing to do besides locking myself in that room in Goldeneye. I believe it was Archives.

fonzz41 03-13-2012 07:25 AM

Todd McLellan is a good coach, but I have to think that unless the Sharks turn it around and make a miraculous run deep into the playoffs (WCF or SCF), he will be out of a job.

kev87lads 03-13-2012 08:19 AM

Agreed Matty.

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 08:26 AM

Richards and Carter were court side at the Celtics Clippers game last night. :lol

fonzz41 03-13-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13428541)
Richards and Carter were court side at the Celtics Clippers game last night. :lol

Awww how sweet. Lovers reunited. Carter making his way to the Kings and back into the arms of his lover is definitely the most romantic story of the NHL this season.

Biggest bromance in the NHL?

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 08:46 AM

Those two make me sick. Did they hold hands too?

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13428559)
Awww how sweet. Lovers reunited. Carter making his way to the Kings and back into the arms of his lover is definitely the most romantic story of the NHL this season.

Biggest bromance in the NHL?

Seguin and Marchand have quite the bromance. It's not at the level of Carter and Richards though.

fonzz41 03-13-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13428598)
Seguin and Marchand have quite the bromance. It's not at the level of Carter and Richards though.

True. They could definitely take a few lessons from Carchards.

JRS1386 03-13-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13428649)
True. They could definitely take a few lessons from Carchards.

Carchards :lol :lol

fonzz41 03-13-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13428675)

I considered "Richter"... but that would be quite the disgrace to one of the great goalies in recent memory.

JRS1386 03-13-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13428743)
I considered "Richter"... but that would be quite the disgrace to one of the great goalies in recent memory.

How would that name disgrace Roman Cechmanek?

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13428675)

Sounds like a beer-drinking, STD giving, lazy Pokemon.

wampa3 03-13-2012 09:48 AM

And its official, Sid will play thursday against the Rags. Attention NHL, hold onto your butts...

fonzz41 03-13-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13428768)
How would that name disgrace Roman Cechmanek?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13428788)

:lol:lol:lol Both full of win

JRS1386 03-13-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13428788)

:lol :lol Amazing

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13428795)
And its official, Sid will play thursday against the Rags. Attention NHL, hold onto your butts...

Oh God, and Sunday is the NBC game against the Flyers. We're going to see Pierre McGuire naked, sprawled-eagle on the Wells Fargo ice making snow angels.

wampa3 03-13-2012 10:28 AM

I'm baffled that of all things that the GMs have asked Terry Gregson, Dir. of Officiating, to address to officals, is that they need to tighten up on........

.....Too Many Men calls. Really? REALLY?!? Thats what they felt needed to be addressed? Not saying they haven't been more relaxed about that this season, but come on. Garage league

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 10:32 AM

Expect 1-2 too many men calls in every game for the next couple days.

lockman21 03-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13428907)
Oh God, and Sunday is the NBC game against the Flyers. We're going to see Pierre McGuire naked, sprawled-eagle on the Wells Fargo ice making snow angels.

Dude.......I'm eating.

lockman21 03-13-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13428945)
I'm baffled that of all things that the GMs have asked Terry Gregson, Dir. of Officiating, to address to officals, is that they need to tighten up on........

.....Too Many Men calls. Really? REALLY?!? Thats what they felt needed to be addressed? Not saying they haven't been more relaxed about that this season, but come on. Garage league

:lol Garbage.

Also, sounds like hybrid icing is in, NHL is trying to make it's own version of it.

DmBand801 03-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13428184)
In NHL 99, you could interfere with the goalie when he had the puck and knock it loose. My favorite thing to do besides locking myself in that room in Goldeneye. I believe it was Archives.

Oh you were that guy huh?

fonzz41 03-13-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 13429031)
Oh you were that guy huh?

He was probably also the guy that would screen watch.

wampa3 03-13-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13429057)

And be Odd Job while doing it

fonzz41 03-13-2012 11:04 AM

Matt, what have you to say for yourself?

DmBand801 03-13-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13429057)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13429069)
And be Odd Job while doing it

Cheating bastard.

DmBand801 03-13-2012 11:05 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...132535273.html

Funny article about the origin of the slug Sabre jerseys from a two years ago.

fonzz41 03-13-2012 12:26 PM

Wonder if he's serious?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...cially-retired

And a related tweet from Proteau:
Quote:

Adam Proteau ‏ @Proteautype Crosby announces his return the same day Avery says he's retiring, giving hockey its biggest 1-day class boost since Boots Del Biaggio left.

lockman21 03-13-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13429454)
Wonder if he's serious?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...cially-retired

And a related tweet from Proteau:
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/Proteautype"]

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

If only Toews were coming back too.

kev87lads 03-13-2012 01:16 PM

I knew Matt was a cheater in Goldeneye. Scrub.

fonzz41 03-13-2012 02:02 PM

I was just thinking, I wonder if teams like the Devs and Flyers might actually try to finish around 6th in the conference, meaning a first round matchup against the Panthers. How lovely would that be?

wampa3 03-13-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13429832)
I was just thinking, I wonder if teams like the Devs and Flyers might actually try to finish around 6th in the conference, meaning a first round matchup against the Panthers. How lovely would that be?

Thought about that too about a month ago before the Pens started lighting it up, but my mind kept going to this...

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/04/71/60/image_60714.jpg

Fuckin Panthers

joepsu0985 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

Crosby to Pens E5.

Bron Yr Aur 03-13-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13429832)

Yeah I don't see the Panthers holding off the Caps anyway. Though in the playoffs it's not like many teams are fearful of the Caps....

s0628711 03-13-2012 04:31 PM

I know one that is...

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 04:49 PM

3 goals in the first 5 minutes on Turco. :lol The bruins are awful right now.

lockman21 03-13-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13430299)
3 goals in the first 5 minutes on Turco. :lol The bruins are awful right now.

Turco to the rescue!

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 05:35 PM

The sad part is he was the best option. Rask went down, our AHL starter was already hurt and our AHL back up is a joke.

ds80mx 03-13-2012 05:40 PM

That goal that got deflected off a shinpad, hit the glass, then hit the goalie in the stomach was crazy. I think it was Tampa Bay that scored. Don't see that happen everyday.

dduncan6er 03-13-2012 05:43 PM

Turco is back in to save the day again!

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 05:44 PM

Screw Oddjob, I was always Natalia and told my friends if they stood still and jumped up three times, then spung around--she would become naked.

Easy kills.

JRS1386 03-13-2012 05:49 PM

:lol :lol

Roose13 03-13-2012 06:17 PM

Three straight shutouts for Ilya Bryzgalov.

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13430627)
Three straight shutouts for Ilya Bryzgalov.

He still sucks.

Jsweeney 03-13-2012 06:27 PM

What's the longest streak of shutouts for goaltenders in NHL?

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsweeney (Post 13430656)
What's the longest streak of shutouts for goaltenders in NHL?

Whatever Michael Leighton's streak was.

lockman21 03-13-2012 06:34 PM

Still 0 shutouts for either Blackhawk goaltender.

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2012 06:59 PM

I cannot say enough about this team's chemistry. The past few years I've completely forgotten what a team is. These guys fight for one another, laugh up the good times, and go hard through the bad.

Twice is the number of times I've seen a Flyers player pass a chance at an empty net so that their linemate can clinch the game and end a scoring drought. Jagr was the first to Giroux, and tonight was Voracek to Briere.

Roose13 03-13-2012 07:34 PM

Wiki: Longest shutout sequence by a goaltender: Alec Connell, 461 minutes, 29 seconds (1927–28)

I want to see what it was when there were more than 6 teams in the league.

rickyh24 03-13-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13430483)
Turco is back in to save the day again!

:lol:lol What a mess. Thomas is just spent. I guess that happens when you have to play 9 games in a row.

JRS1386 03-13-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13430843)
I cannot say enough about this team's chemistry. The past few years I've completely forgotten what a team is. These guys fight for one another, laugh up the good times, and go hard through the bad.

Twice is the number of times I've seen a Flyers player pass a chance at an empty net so that their linemate can clinch the game and end a scoring drought. Jagr was the first to Giroux, and tonight was Voracek to Briere.

:thumbsup to all of this. I am really excited to see how they grow over the rest of the year, in the playoffs and into next year. If Bryz stays hot that spells humungous big problems for the others in the East

Bron Yr Aur 03-13-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13430700)
Still 0 shutouts for either Blackhawk goaltender.

Crawford had a 2/3 shutout.... :lol

efraser77 03-13-2012 09:14 PM

*sigh*...another evening where the alien test says we were the better team but the 2 points go to the other side...

bonzo48280 03-13-2012 10:43 PM

Just finished watching the Hawks game, or at least I am still watching it but I know the outcome.

If they play like this with a healthy Toews they can beat anyone. I still think Detroit, Chicago, or Vancouver are the teams that are going to come out of the west.