Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 04-06-2016 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16362363)
Looks like i'm going to be in LA for a night on May 8th as an overnight layover heading to Hawaii - If I remember we have a LA resident in here somewhere. I'd love some advice on some fun things for the girlfriend and I to do. Help!

Girlfriend? Don't tell me you are settling down to one girl man!

Lcsulla 04-06-2016 06:28 PM

Damn, this kid could end up with a slot on the top line (assuming the Hawks do not find a way to retain Ladd) out of camp. High scoring (20+ goal per year average) big kid who has emerged as a star in hockey and is willing to skip his senior year to go pro. Probably won't cost the Hawks much at all to get him in a sweater, he was their 4th round pick in 2013.

http://blackhawkup.com/2016/04/06/mo...gn-blackhawks/

Roose13 04-06-2016 06:55 PM

Talk about shitting the bed.

~Crashintome89~ 04-06-2016 06:57 PM

Simply not good enough.

On the other hand, if anyone thinks Steve Mason isn't good--you need to be punched in the face.

Roose13 04-06-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16362694)
Simply not good enough.

On the other hand, if anyone thinks Steve Mason isn't good--you need to be punched in the face.

Absolutely agreed.

lockman21 04-06-2016 07:57 PM

What a fuckin game for Jimmy Howard.

dmbetc 04-06-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16362363)
Looks like i'm going to be in LA for a night on May 8th as an overnight layover heading to Hawaii - If I remember we have a LA resident in here somewhere. I'd love some advice on some fun things for the girlfriend and I to do. Help!

Kings will probably still be in playoffs so you can catch a game! :)

So I assume you'll be staying somewhere near LAX. I'd say just hit up Hermosa beach for some night life. Tons of bars down there. If you don't mind a bit of a drive (20-30mins) the rooftop bar at The Standard Hotel is awesome.

http://www.standardhotel.com/la/features/rooftop

JRS1386 04-06-2016 08:23 PM

Watched zero percent of the game so I'll take blame for ,Flyers losing

Lcsulla 04-06-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16362758)

Yeah, he played sharp as hell tonight. I know they have a game in hand and lead the season series 2-1 but the coal differential could come into play and that bodes well for Boston. Tomorrow should be a light game for Phillie against Toronto but ending the season with back to back games against the Pittsburg (home) and NY Islanders (away)is going to be tough.

Lcsulla 04-06-2016 08:46 PM

Funny, east is still wide open for the last slot but the west is pretty much set in stone. just a question of who gets which seed now.

salrx95 04-07-2016 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16361541)
Not really sure I want to beat the Icelanders in the next game. Florida seems like a nicer first round over the Pens who have won seven straight and are looking pretty insane right now...

After winning Tuesday, surprisingly, I kind of said the same thing to myself but not out loud. I can't ever want to lose to the Rag$. I hope the Pens peaked too soon and except for last game, we have played the Pens pretty well recently and so I'm not afraid of them.

salrx95 04-07-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16362001)
It's been a very entertaining lunchtime backread. :)

I do love this Pens team. I believe in Matt Murray, though I really hope Fleury comes back soon. And Malkin coming back can only be a good thing.

Fun bit of would've, could've, should've: If the Pens had beaten the Devils a couple of weeks ago, last night's win would've been their 18th in a row, which would've broken the 1993 team's record.

How did the 1993 playoffs go for you guys? I couldn't resist.

Funny you guys mentioned playoff beards since my wife just told me Monday , which was our anniversary, that she misses my beard. I grew one last winter and kept it for 6 months until I ditched it. I think I might bring it back (even if it lasts 1 week :ugh). Rocking the salt n peppa.

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16362694)
Simply not good enough.

It should have been 4 or 5 to 0 in the second period if it wasn't for him. Saw the faceoff stats for the 2nd...Wings won 19 and the Flyers....6.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16362758)

If you would have told me 2 months ago, that he'd be the guy who need to lead them into the playoffs, and he would be doing it, I wouldn't have believed you. He's been great and I think they will be sticking with both of them for another year. It'll be expensive, although Mrazek struggling will help Wings in contract talks, but if they can get it under the cap then great cause. One will be gone a year from now cause of Vegas. Either they'll lose one because they have to expose him or maybe they get a team to bite by saying "Vegas can have this guy for free, you sure you don't wanna deal?"

Tonight is win in any fashion and you are in. I'll be anxious tonight. After losing 7-2 to the Pens, almost blowing it against the Sabres, not being able to close it out against the Habs...no way I expected to be in this position. Play like you did last night and you got this. That was their best game of the year and probably the best in months.

kev87lads 04-07-2016 06:29 AM

This is what I've been talking about for two months. They're so inconsistent. They don't wake up for certain games and it's maddening but at the same time you can see it coming from a mile away. Arguably it was their biggest game in almost two years and you come out with that effort. Don't get me wrong, Howard evidently played well. (I didn't see the full game). But you need to have a better effort than that.

Go Wings!

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16362937)
This is what I've been talking about for two months. They're so inconsistent. They don't wake up for certain games and it's maddening but at the same time you can see it coming from a mile away. Arguably it was their biggest game in almost two years and you come out with that effort. Don't get me wrong, Howard evidently played well. (I didn't see the full game). But you need to have a better effort than that.

Go Wings!

Hey look, we're on the same page again. I'd rather have the Flyers in than the Bruins so I'll be cheering for the Flyers tonight too.

Wings win in regulation and a Flyers ROW gets them in doesn't it cause they have the head to head against Boston?

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 06:57 AM

Damn is there going to be some fun hockey t o watch tonight!

Wings vs Bruins
Rangers vs Islanders
Pens vs Caps
Blues vs Hawks
Ducks vs Kings

Flyers, Stars and Sharks should win but I would not be surprised to see at least one upset against teams that have nothing to lose - aka Leafs, Avs and Jets

barbogast 04-07-2016 06:58 AM

Entire Russian U18 team was just suspended and replaced one day ahead of departing for World U18 Championship next week. Doping allegations. Coach too. Wow.

http://novacapsfans.com/2016/04/06/r...g-allegations/

hailtopitt 04-07-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16362847)
I hope the Pens peaked too soon and except for last game, we have played the Pens pretty well recently and so I'm not afraid of them.

tough to see you over there past your incredibly puffed chest

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16362986)
Entire Russian U18 team was just suspended and replaced one day ahead of departing for World U18 Championship next week. Doping allegations. Coach too. Wow.

http://novacapsfans.com/2016/04/06/r...g-allegations/

:lol Russia

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16362943)
Wings win in regulation and a Flyers ROW gets them in doesn't it cause they have the head to head against Boston?

Yup, I believe you are correct but if the Flyers tank in the last 2 games and either Boston or Detroit win the head to head tiebreaker is not going to mean much because a potential tie breaker would likely go to goal differential would put one of them in over Phillie.

Sentimental part of me wants Detroit to get in, hell when they last missed the playoffs I was a freshman in high school and the Whalers were still in Hartford.

Edit: also, if the Wings get in they likely take on a banged up Tampa team in the first round and that would be a fun series to watch!

salrx95 04-07-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16362998)
tough to see you over there past your incredibly puffed chest

:lol Russia

We were big underdogs a few years ago and performed well. Not happy with our G situation and need to get healthy but I can see us winning vs you. I wouldn't bet on it and you guys would and should be favored but I think we can hang.

kev87lads 04-07-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16362943)
Hey look, we're on the same page again. I'd rather have the Flyers in than the Bruins so I'll be cheering for the Flyers tonight too.

No. Played odd number of games against Boston. So they throw out one of the games. So they're even in head to head. And they could still both finish with same number of points if they won their last game and we lost our last two.

So they could be ahead in ROW or if we tie in row (they win last game in shootout and we lose 2) they would beat us by third tie breaker of goal differential for the season.

But your scenario goes a long way to Flyers getting in.

Go Wings.

hailtopitt 04-07-2016 07:24 AM

it's the playoffs, most teams can "hang"

it's not about hanging in the playoffs though

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16363007)
Yup, I believe you are correct but if the Flyers tank in the last 2 games and either Boston or Detroit win the head to head tiebreaker is not going to mean much because a potential tie breaker would likely go to goal differential would put one of them in over Phillie.

Sentimental part of me wants Detroit to get in, hell when they last missed the playoffs I was a freshman in high school and the Whalers were still in Hartford.

Edit: also, if the Wings get in they likely take on a banged up Tampa team in the first round and that would be a fun series to watch!

If the Wings play like they did last night (big if considering how inconsistent they've been all year) I can see them beating a TBL team with no Stamkos. I'd like a rematch and chance for revenge. They had that series by the balls in game 4 until Glendenning missed the last part of the game getting stitched up. Not that someone shouldn't have stepped up with him out but he was shutting down the Johnson line.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16363021)
No. Played odd number of games against Boston. So they throw out one of the games. So they're even in head to head. And they could still both finish with same number of points if they won their last game and we lost our last two.

So they could be ahead in ROW or if we tie in row (they win last game in shootout and we lose 2) they would beat us by third tie breaker of goal differential for the season.

Go Wings.

They throw out a game, seriously? How the fuck is that fair?

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16363021)

Go Wings.

Spot on explanation, nicely done. This is the foggiest playoff seeding picture I can recall in a long time - gotta actually do math to figure out who would be in for any given scenario. Flyers have to be careful tonight against the Leafs who have nothing to lose. If Toronto can pull off an upset and the Boston vs Detroit game goes to OT the picture becomes even cloudier!

kev87lads 04-07-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16363054)

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any ""odd"" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16363054)
If the Wings play like they did last night (big if considering how inconsistent they've been all year) I can see them beating a TBL team with no Stamkos. I'd like a rematch and chance for revenge. They had that series by the balls in game 4 until Glendenning missed the last part of the game getting stitched up. Not that someone shouldn't have stepped up with him out but he was shutting down the Johnson line.

I can see them beating TB as well - assuming they get in. Be a great series to watch.

Life is not fair - particularly in sports, didn't anyone ever tell you that? :lol

aeroshady 04-07-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16363020)
We were big underdogs a few years ago and performed well. Not happy with our G situation and need to get healthy but I can see us winning vs you. I wouldn't bet on it and you guys would and should be favored but I think we can hang.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDqADZygseM

I'll give you some G love to help with your G situation.

Alazais 04-07-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16362454)
Girlfriend? Don't tell me you are settling down to one girl man!

Yeah. We've been living together for over a year now. Shit is crazy.

And cool - thanks for the advice. I appreciate the help a bit. I'm going to try not to stay super close to the airport. I hear there is nothing there.

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 08:51 AM

So anxious about tonight. They are so close and it's in their hands. I don't want them to HAVE to win on Saturday.

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 09:07 AM

Shame to see The Rexall Place host their last game yesterday. I know it is necessary because the place is tiny and pretty old but wow is their a lot of history in that building - all of the greats have laced in their skates up there, they have hosted 7 Cup finals, won 4 of them. had untold tournaments held there and even many concerts. Wish they'd renovate it like they did MSG.

Edit: At least Edmonton won their last game their in a convincing fashion!

~Crashintome89~ 04-07-2016 09:19 AM

Kev, I don't think their problem last night was waking up for the game. They certainly knew the importance of it and spoke about it prior to puck drop. Honestly, the Flyers are just exhausted. I mean people don't realize that they've pretty much been playing playoff hockey for a month now--top that off with the fact that their schedule has crammed games in the most unfortunate ways--and it's easy to see that this team has just simply run out of gas.

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16363207)
Kev, I don't think their problem last night was waking up for the game. They certainly knew the importance of it and spoke about it prior to puck drop. Honestly, the Flyers are just exhausted. I mean people don't realize that they've pretty much been playing playoff hockey for a month now--top that off with the fact that their schedule has crammed games in the most unfortunate ways--and it's easy to see that this team has just simply run out of gas.

This is true. And the Wings hadn't played since Saturday. Not that that always leads to the results you think, but it very could have last night.

Roose13 04-07-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16363147)
Yeah. We've been living together for over a year now. Shit is crazy.

And cool - thanks for the advice. I appreciate the help a bit. I'm going to try not to stay super close to the airport. I hear there is nothing there.

I miss your wild ass stories in the dating thread. Happy for ya bud.

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Yeah, playing that many games in such a short time span is rough and any team is bound to hit a bump in the road.

In other news TB just called up Drouin, kinda figured that was coming when Stamkos went down.

kev87lads 04-07-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Eh. While I hear you, and do agree to a point. Doesn't explain 3/3 shutout versus Oilers at home, losing focus against the Jackets in a must win a few weeks ago. The not being up enough for the Pens on 3/19 or 4/3. Those are games you have to win and at least compete in. Gassed or not, no compete in some of those.

I get that they have had some winning streaks and beaten good teams as well. I know they can't win every game. I know they have been on a tremendous pace since mid-February. I get that. And I know they aren't even supposed to make the playoffs this year and they're inconsistent. I think all of us Flyers fans knew and believed that.

But when you go on the run they have after adjusting all season to the new coach, you start to think they can/should make it. And then to watch some of these efforts. Just frustrating.

No idea what to expect from tonight's game. Will probably win some improbable shootout just to make it interesting and mess up the ROWs stat.

~Crashintome89~ 04-07-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16363358)
But when you go on the run they have after adjusting all season to the new coach, you start to think they can/should make it. And then to watch some of these efforts. Just frustrating.

Sure it's frustrating because they've done some great things since February, but let's remember--this team is not THAT good. They weren't even supposed to sniff the playoffs.

All in all, this season is a positive but missing the playoffs especially now is a blow. I'm excited for the next three seasons though.

kev87lads 04-07-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16363405)
Sure it's frustrating because they've done some great things since February, but let's remember--this team is not THAT good. They weren't even supposed to sniff the playoffs.

All in all, this season is a positive but missing the playoffs especially now is a blow. I'm excited for the next three seasons though.

Totally agree. Just the as of late, being so close. Want to get in instead of being #9 and left out.

Dramageek 04-07-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16362851)

Funny you guys mentioned playoff beards since my wife just told me Monday , which was our anniversary, that she misses my beard. I grew one last winter and kept it for 6 months until I ditched it. I think I might bring it back (even if it lasts 1 week :ugh). Rocking the salt n peppa.

Damn you! :lol But if I recall, the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup that year! And that Pens team was fat and happy after two straight Cups, and a little arrogant on top of that.

The Isles are a decent team for sure, but I wouldn't want to be facing the Pens, not with them scoring an average of 4.62 goals per game and Thomas Greiss in net.

Dramageek 04-07-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Damn you! :lol But if I recall, the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup that year! And that Pens team was fat and happy after two straight Cups, and a little arrogant on top of that.

The Isles are a decent team for sure, but I wouldn't want to be facing the Pens, not with them scoring an average of 4.62 goals per game and Thomas Greiss in net.

Dramageek 04-07-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Dramageek 04-07-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 12:16 PM

Well we call hope the Bruins come out as flat as they did against the Canes and make this easy on everyone.

Dramageek 04-07-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 12:22 PM

Well lets just all hope the Bruins come out flat like they did against the Canes and make it easier on everyone.

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 12:22 PM

Well lets just all hope the Bruins come out flat like they did against the Canes and make it easier on everyone.

salrx95 04-07-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16363120)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDqADZygseM

I'll give you some G love to help with your G situation.

I didn't press play. I don't know who or what that is nor do I want to.

Lcsulla 04-07-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16363475)

Try being a Whalers fan in that era, between the Flyers, the Bruins and the Canadians it could often get frustrating very quickly!

salrx95 04-07-2016 04:03 PM

Ugh. No Martin or Clutterbuck tonight. Missing a lot of sandpaper and grit tonight.

TMoore4075 04-07-2016 04:17 PM

This is why I have no faith in this team. Dominating last night and then you let the team the next night score early.

lockman21 04-07-2016 04:45 PM

omg flyers

lockman21 04-07-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16363736)
This is why I have no faith in this team. Dominating last night and then you let the team the next night score early.

Really doesn't matter. Flyers lose to the Leafs and the Wings are in, right?

lockman21 04-07-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16363188)
Shame to see The Rexall Place host their last game yesterday. I know it is necessary because the place is tiny and pretty old but wow is their a lot of history in that building - all of the greats have laced in their skates up there, they have hosted 7 Cup finals, won 4 of them. had untold tournaments held there and even many concerts. Wish they'd renovate it like they did MSG.

Edit: At least Edmonton won their last game their in a convincing fashion!

Players always said it had the best ice, too.

Roose13 04-07-2016 04:54 PM

What the fucking fuck. It's the worst team in the damn league

salrx95 04-07-2016 05:09 PM

Keep it up leafs!!

barbogast 04-07-2016 05:31 PM

I knew Holtby wasn't gonna break the record

This team screeching to a halt at the worst possible time

I'm not actually watching, but good lord

salrx95 04-07-2016 05:33 PM

Greiss stands on his for head the last 10 minutes and boom, we score to make it 2-0.

hailtopitt 04-07-2016 05:43 PM

[emoji23][emoji23] that ovechkin dive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salrx95 04-07-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16363756)

That's because it was never used in the spring since Messier left so it stays fresh all season.

If islanders win tonight , we will have swept the season series for the first time ever.

salrx95 04-07-2016 05:55 PM

Wow . The queen surprisingly pulled to start the 3rd. Rag$ giving up??

AlpineValley804 04-07-2016 06:12 PM

Thanks for not showing up tonight Detroit.

salrx95 04-07-2016 06:57 PM

If this goal stands, that was such a bs ot call on the Flyers in ot. Terrible.

Will the Islanders show up at all Sunday in a likely meAningless game.

~Crashintome89~ 04-07-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16363822)
If this goal stands, that was such a bs ot call on the Flyers in ot. Terrible.

Will the Islanders show up at all Sunday in a likely meAningless game.

it was a good call. MacDonald definitely got the puck, but he got the forward's skate first.

Flyers control their own destiny and that's how it should be.

aeroshady 04-07-2016 07:06 PM

Omg, I have never been so happy to lose to the Brooklynders haha! We actually may have a chance at a first round win now!

~Crashintome89~ 04-07-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16363826)
Omg, I have never been so happy to lose to the Brooklynders haha! We actually may have a chance at a first round win now!

Against Florida?

I don't know, man. It's gonna be close. Huby, Barkov, Ekblad, and Jagr are stepping up at the perfect time.

Dramageek 04-07-2016 07:18 PM

Pens beat the Caps, clinch home ice, and likely will get the Islanders in round one? It's a good night! Pardon my mult-post earlier. Computer was having issues.

pathetic 04-07-2016 07:55 PM

:lol flyers

Bruins!!!

aeroshady 04-07-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16363829)
Against Florida?

I don't know, man. It's gonna be close. Huby, Barkov, Ekblad, and Jagr are stepping up at the perfect time.

It is a no lose for me really. As many of you know from years past, the Panthers hold a special place from me. I still have the home, away and third jersey for them with Melenby and Beezer!

Obviously, I am a rangers fan first and like the match up because I think the Rangers should win it based on experience. That said, if the Panthers win the series I won't be as upset because I have always liked Florida and it would mean the Cats finally won a series again! I would much rather lost to them than a rival.

Bron Yr Aur 04-07-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16363778)
I knew Holtby wasn't gonna break the record

This team screeching to a halt at the worst possible time

I'm not actually watching, but good lord

Dude I have never seen a fan of a team with 115 pts or whatever the Caps have complain like this.

The Hawks did this shit every time they won the Cup. Teams that are so far ahead inevitably get bored. These games are meaningless to the Caps, there's no point in drawing any conclusions from them.

barbogast 04-07-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16363933)
Dude I have never seen a fan of a team with 115 pts or whatever the Caps have complain like this.

The Hawks did this shit every time they won the Cup. Teams that are so far ahead inevitably get bored. These games are meaningless to the Caps, there's no point in drawing any conclusions from them.

The bad starts are alarming and have been happening for months now and will not go away. That's a cause for concern with the playoffs less than a week away.

Thanks for your input though. Super glad to know everything worked out for the Blackhawks.

fonzz41 04-07-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16363933)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this hilarious.

JRS1386 04-08-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16363999)
Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this hilarious.

If i didn't have to leave for work I would have anlong multi quote response

salrx95 04-08-2016 04:47 AM

Anders Lee likely broke his leg last night . Injuries are piling up. Such a joke.

hailtopitt 04-08-2016 06:33 AM

last night all but confirmed that a Pens v. Caps series would be crazy fun

props to the Caps for fighting back

Penguins need to figure out their power play though...it will be the death of them if the ship isn't righted

cry_minarets458 04-08-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16364193)
last night all but confirmed that a Pens v. Caps series would be crazy fun

props to the Caps for fighting back

Penguins need to figure out their power play though...it will be the death of them if the ship isn't righted

I feel like the PP is always their Achilles heel

hailtopitt 04-08-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16364227)
I feel like the PP is always their Achilles heel

the PP is fine whenever Malkin is healthy, but when he's out it's a joke sometimes

unccrombie 04-08-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16363789)
Wow . The queen surprisingly pulled to start the 3rd. Rag$ giving up??

Henrik has been pulled in at least 3 of the last 6-8 games.
unreal.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16363756)

Yeah, I have heard that too. I know it needs to be replaced but it sort of seems like the end of an era, similar to how I felt when they tore Yankee Stadium down.

lockman21 04-08-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16363976)
Super glad to know everything worked out for the Blackhawks.

Me too, man. Me too.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 07:29 AM

Wow that was a tough loss for the Hawks last night. They did everything right. They took a shutout into the last minute and a half only to have St. Louis sent it to OT where they again scored with a minute and a half remaining to win. PK was rock solid, not many PP's to work with and Darling was again playing great. The only 'knock' I can see is Ladd missing that penalty shot that could have put us up 2 with 5 minutes remaining but we all know those are not anywhere as easy as a casual observer may think!

Kane pretty much locked up the Art Ross last night unless Benn can score over 15 against the Preds tomorrow (or Crosby can get over 17 points against the Flyers tomorrow) and likely also clinched up the Hart as well.

Gotta bounce back against Columbus tomorrow and hopefully they will have help from Shaw, Anisimov, Hossa and Crawford. Would be very nice to see Hossa get his 500th in their last game of the year.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 07:41 AM

Hopefully the Caps and Preds will play their A games tomorrow, not because it will impact the Central but it will soften some of the blow from last night.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 07:58 AM

Boston and Detroit currently have 1 more point then Philadelphia - be interesting how the weekend shakes out to find out who gets that WC spot. Bruins visiting the Senators tomorrow, Wings are visiting the Rangers tomorrow, Flyers are visiting the Penguins tomorrow and tomorrow and then visiting the Islanders Sunday. Talk about down to the wire. Damn, will be a great weekend.

kev87lads 04-08-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16364422)
Boston and Detroit currently have 1 more point then Philadelphia - be interesting how the weekend shakes out to find out who gets that WC spot. Bruins visiting the Senators tomorrow, Wings are visiting the Rangers tomorrow, Flyers are visiting the Penguins tomorrow and tomorrow and then visiting the Islanders Sunday. Talk about down to the wire. Damn, will be a great weekend.

Bruins and Flyers are home tomorrow actually. Just a FYI.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16364434)
Bruins and Flyers are home tomorrow actually. Just a FYI.

My bad, when I checked earlier NHL.com had them listed as road games, same thing as the Wings game. They screw up everything on that site so no big surprise but they have since corrected it between 8:30am when I checked and now.

fonzz41 04-08-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16364044)
Anders Lee likely broke his leg last night . Injuries are piling up. Such a joke.

Yeah, they're saying broken fibula. Ouch. The Islanders really are taking it in the chin right now.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 08:52 AM

Looks like the only guys who have a legit shot at denying Panarin his bonus are Burns, Tarasenko and Kopitar.

For anyone who thinks he does not deserve the Calder due to his age I would point you to Sergei Makarov who won it at age 31, Ed Belfour won it at age 25 and Evgeni Nabokov who also won it it at age 25. Hell, look at the MLB, Ichiro Suzuki won the rookie of the year (and the MVP) at age 27!

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16364480)
Yeah, they're saying broken fibula. Ouch. The Islanders really are taking it in the chin right now.

That is a very tough break for the Islanders, he was a upcoming talent and great two way foreword who blocked a lot of shots and took away plenty of pucks.

fonzz41 04-08-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16364535)
Looks like the only guys who have a legit shot at denying Panarin his bonus are Burns, Tarasenko and Kopitar.

For anyone who thinks he does not deserve the Calder due to his age I would point you to Sergei Makarov who won it at age 31, Ed Belfour won it at age 25 and Evgeni Nabokov who also won it it at age 25. Hell, look at the MLB, Ichiro Suzuki won the rookie of the year (and the MVP) at age 27!

They've put some age limits on who can win the Calder, I think after Makarov won it. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 26 or younger. Still, that's a pretty big window.

TMoore4075 04-08-2016 10:23 AM

"So it's Raanta vs. Howard in the nets on Saturday, no Zuccarello, Stalberg, Girardi or McDonagh for New York."

Wings will still fucking lose.

~Crashintome89~ 04-08-2016 10:24 AM

Panarin's bonuses have already caused the Blackhawks to think about trading Andrew Shaw because of the salary cap. Gonna be an interesting off-season for them.

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16364632)
They've put some age limits on who can win the Calder, I think after Makarov won it. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 26 or younger. Still, that's a pretty big window.

He is 24 so well within the window, I see no issue there.

dmbetc 04-08-2016 11:14 AM

home ice advantage! :monkey Kings played their best game in awhile last night. hope it sticks.

UCFish 04-08-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16364855)
home ice advantage! :monkey Kings played their best game in awhile last night. hope it sticks.

Hope they lose in the first round!

;)

dmbetc 04-08-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16365171)
Hope they lose in the first round!

;)

I'd be scared of the Kings if I were the Hawks too!

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16365185)
I'd be scared of the Kings if I were the Hawks too!

No way, neither team will fear the other if they meet again. Just too many guys on both sides who have been there and done that. Hell they see enough of each other that the guys probably get drunk together in the offseason. :lol

Lcsulla 04-08-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16364743)
Panarin's bonuses have already caused the Blackhawks to think about trading Andrew Shaw because of the salary cap. Gonna be an interesting off-season for them.

He is worth every cent of those bonuses IMO, kid just keeps growing and playing better and better. I doubt they have any attention of trading Shaw, he is too versatile and adds a physical presence we sometimes lack. I think Ladd is gone unless they can somehow rework certain contracts. Love to see Bickell gone, Rozi is probably gone, Ehrhoff is probably gone, doubt Weise is coming back and I would love to see them trade Anisimov and have Teravainen center that line. Outside of that I have no idea, just spitballing - you may as well call Miss Cleo!

Course this would all be null and void if the NHL would get heir heads out of their asses and actually raise the cap, which would do far more the for the league than adding two more teams.

lockman21 04-08-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16364743)

Meh. We've been worried about the salary cap since 2009. Still have 3 Cups in last 6. Not worried. StanBo will figure it out.

salrx95 04-09-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16364480)

He played 4 shifts on it before I guess he realized something really not right. 4 shifts on a broken leg. Hockey players are tough. It was friendly fire, too, as it Boychuks slapper that got him.

So right now Halak, Hamonic , lee are out long term and martin, clutterbuck , berube, are dsy to day or worse.

Hamonic skated yesterday so I hope he could be ready for the playoffs.

TMoore4075 04-09-2016 06:05 AM

Preparing myself for the worst today. Knowing them they'll think it'll be easy with so many regulars out and sit back.

salrx95 04-09-2016 06:44 AM

So are the Pens looking to knock out the Flyers or will they take it is easy today.

Really cool no 1st round matchup set yet. Gonna be a wild day of scoreboard watching.

Dramageek 04-09-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16365867)
So are the Pens looking to knock out the Flyers or will they take it is easy today.

Really cool no 1st round matchup set yet. Gonna be a wild day of scoreboard watching.

While it would be fun to knock the Flyers out, I would rather no one get hurt. We will see what they do.