Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Live Releases (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   LT 6 and LT 7 Vinyl Release! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354628)

cpxc. 11-30-2020 06:48 AM

LT 6 and LT 7 Vinyl Release!

Available now for the for time on vinyl, this 180g foil-numbered set contains 8 LPs of stunning red vinyl. Memories of the Dave Matthews Band shows in Fenway Park are certain to burn bright for a long while in the minds of the fortunate fans that were in attendence. Dave Matthews Band was on the top of its game in the historic ballpark performing back-to-back nights of shows exploding with energy.

The special Fenway Live Trax volume will contain every note played during both shows. New songs such as The Idea of You, Can’t Stop and Break Free are highlights along with recent revivals The Last Stop and Proudest Monkey. The volume also features DMB’s rendition of the Fenway Park tradition, Sweet Caroline.

Additional highlights of the 7.7 Fenway Park show include the Bartender jam and the high-energy Ants Marching closer. An awesome Don’t Drink the Water, old favorite Dancing Nancies and the crowd-pleasing show ender, Two Step are some of the favorites from the 7.8 Fenway Park show.

Available now for the for time on vinyl, this 180g foil-numbered set contains 5 LPs of blue vinyl featuring the 1996 Hampton New Year’s show with Dave Matthews Band and Béla Fleck and the Flecktones is considered by fans and crew alike, one of the most incredible jam sessions to date. The set list that evening reflected a nice array of songs from Remember Two Things, Under the Table and Dreaming and Crash. Béla Fleck joined DMB on stage for 9 songs and Béla and the full Flecktones ended up jamming with DMB for 5 songs.

An emotionally charged Seek Up set the mood for the evening at over 14 minutes in length. Improvisations were the theme that evening with old-school-style variations to the Say Goodbye lyrics, an Improv Jam with DMB and Béla and the Flecktones and a Drum Duet between Carter and Future Man! New arrangements for Satellite, Two Step and All Along the Watchtower were also introduced. Treasured songs of the New Year’s Eve concert include Typical Situation and Ants Marching, both showcasing a fantastic performance by DMB and Béla Fleck and the Flecktones.

Really excited for both of these, but especially the LT7 :multi

firedancer34 11-30-2020 06:50 AM

Re: LT 6 and LT 7 Vinyl Release!

ordered :bounce

Cptn. Monkeyman 11-30-2020 06:51 AM

What??? Where?

Holy shit!!! LT7! Fuck yesss

magnumdan 11-30-2020 06:51 AM

Ordered, I was the Fenway shows and can't wait. Night 2 is a top five attended show for me!

Aforauer 11-30-2020 06:52 AM

Ehh. If it’s not a new release I don’t want it. These are old. Cool for vinyl users I guess which is a small percentage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firedancer34 11-30-2020 06:53 AM

i figured the vinyl LT's from here on would be random picks like 35 was, glad to see theyre keeping it going.

also hope the fenway shows have been touched up. havent listened to them in a while but i recall the mix being particularly sub-par on those.

moosicmaniac 11-30-2020 06:55 AM

Well this is an unanticipated blow to the ol' bank account right after RSD BF.

dontdrink36 11-30-2020 06:59 AM

That is really cool for the vinyl people.

culpn8r 11-30-2020 07:00 AM

Anyone know if we can expect black variants of these? The OCD in me wants to keep my collection all black.

dontdrink36 11-30-2020 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpn8r (Post 17842652)
Anyone know if we can expect black variants of these? The OCD in me wants to keep my collection all black.

I would assume so. Have they ever not had a black version available later? They want money, the black vinyl will make them money. It'll be available.

moosicmaniac 11-30-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Given the history of these releases, I'd assume there will be. Just make sure you understand that the limited colored vinyl will absolutely be worth more in the long run.

firedancer34 11-30-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

i wonder if there will be? its evidently only exclusive to warehouse members until later today, then i assume the remaining stock goes up on their main page. so considering that it makes me wonder if there will be a black version.

btpeters 11-30-2020 07:03 AM

Will Fenway be remastered? Good shows, but the original release was pretty bad in many spots and had a really phony canned sounding crowd.

dmb31fan 11-30-2020 07:07 AM

SO pumped! Got the email and immediately ordered

Cptn. Monkeyman 11-30-2020 07:10 AM

Pre ordered both. So fucking excited for LT7 on vinyl. It was the first live DMB show I ever listened to, and is certainly what thrust me into fandom. Been hoping for this since the LT1 vinyl release.

BTBaboon 11-30-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17842657)
Will Fenway be remastered? Good shows, but the original release was pretty bad in many spots and had a really phony canned sounding crowd.

It's unlikely they re-mix it, so what you hear on the CD/digital in terms of crowd noise is what you'll get on vinyl. It's likely to be remastered (by Scott Hull), but that won't impact what you're noting.

BTBaboon 11-30-2020 07:23 AM

As far as whether there will be black vinyl, I think history suggests there will be, but I'd also add that this is the first colored vinyl LT release that is available first on WH/band store.

Given that LT35 is still available on black vinyl, I'd say there might be a chance that this is the only run they do for LT7/8. I don't have insight beyond some deductive reasoning, though.

I'd also like to add that the pricing on these is fantastic. The fact that an 8LP set on colored vinyl is cheaper at launch than the 5LP Hollywood Bowl set is great, and also speaks to what a poor choice that Hollywood Bowl set was.

The LT vinyl series has been fantastic, well received, and is a great bang for your buck.

Utopia 11-30-2020 07:25 AM

LT7 finally. So excited for this

camiel76 11-30-2020 07:47 AM

Where to order this? Can someone post a link?

birdsfan09 11-30-2020 07:49 AM

Ordered both. LT6 came from the tour when I saw my first show; that show and release kickstarted my fandom. And can’t pass up Béla. Two of my favorite LTs, very pleased with this.

cpxc. 11-30-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camiel76 (Post 17842686)
Where to order this? Can someone post a link?

https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.co...0-4ffdd6e0cade

guess I should've included that in original post

Dannyyankou 11-30-2020 07:59 AM

We can now hear canned crowd noise on vinyl!

DMBDolan41 11-30-2020 08:13 AM

Fenway Park is finally on Vinyl.... This is so exciting!!:D

Rnk13 11-30-2020 08:21 AM

Love that this opens the door for LT8 getting a vinyl release. That one is in my top 5. Also, my perceived value of my WH membership has gone up about 1000% in the last couple of weeks between these releases and the WH Sessions.

Utopia 11-30-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnk13 (Post 17842715)
Love that this opens the door for LT8 getting a vinyl release. That one is in my top 5. Also, my perceived value of my WH membership has gone up about 1000% in the last couple of weeks between these releases and the WH Sessions.

Yeah, Warehouse is getting their sh*t together, it appears.

BTCS_JTR 11-30-2020 08:35 AM

Preordered LT 7. Very excited

lockman21 11-30-2020 08:50 AM

LT7 has always been my favorite show, but it's also bothered me how horribly the horns are mixed in the release.

justindugan 11-30-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 17842665)
I'd also like to add that the pricing on these is fantastic. The fact that an 8LP set on colored vinyl is cheaper at launch than the 5LP Hollywood Bowl set is great, and also speaks to what a poor choice that Hollywood Bowl set was.

I was lucky enough to snag Hollywood Bowl for $35, and I'm very happy with that price. I was 100% uninterested in the set at its original price.

BruceW 11-30-2020 09:02 AM

Ordered LT 7. Was hoping that would get a release!

vaxarado 11-30-2020 09:09 AM

Pre-ordered both. Genuinely excited about LT7. Hoping the mix on LT6 is much better but wanted it for completion sake.

This also gives me hope for a LT8 release.