Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 12-16-2015 12:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16223435)
I'm throwing out Stamkos goes West

Fine by me. I have a feeling it'll be tough for the Leafs to not open the vault for him. And then it'll be same old Leafs.

aeroshady 12-16-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16223447)
Fine by me. I have a feeling it'll be tough for the Leafs to not open the vault for him. And then it'll be same old Leafs.

I think Toronto is most likely as well. He seems to be making it clear he wants to go there.

hailtopitt 12-16-2015 01:03 PM

Toronto would be dumb to sign Stamkos

fonzz41 12-16-2015 01:20 PM

But let's be honest, if you can imagine any team out there ponying up $11 million a year for one player (I can almost guarantee that's what his opening price will be), it would be the Leafs.

Lcsulla 12-16-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16223139)
Pretty sure this post deserves a 1-2 day Ants ban.

So go ahead and report me then.....

Lcsulla 12-16-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16223179)
They were pretty terrible posts.

Don't much care, almost everyone on this board has made similar posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16223224)
Yeah wishing death on people over a game is a little worse than blowing off steam

As I said, I do not actually wish them dead, I was venting. As for those blind ass refs, did you actually see how awful their officiating was or are you just basing your opinion on my rant?

fonzz41 12-16-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16223642)
As I said, I do not actually wish them dead, I was venting. As for those blind ass refs, did you actually see how awful their officiating was or are you just basing your opinion on my rant?

I'm an Avs fan, but I think I've got a pretty good track record here for remaining at least relatively unbiased, and I can honestly say that missed calls were made on both sides. Just like any hockey game. But they were not game-determining missed calls. I mean, you can never tell with the butterfly effect, but the fact remains that Chicago did not have one of their best games and the Avs did. That's why the outcome was the way it was. The Blackhawks are a better team overall than the Avs, plain and simple. They would probably win 4 out of 5 against them, but not last night.

Roose13 12-16-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16223139)
Pretty sure this post deserves a 1-2 day Ants ban.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16223642)
Don't much care, almost everyone on this board has made similar posts.

Pretty sure even the posters in the NFL thread don't post shit like that. It was way out of line, regardless if you think we're being all sensitive or not, and were pretty childish posts. Grow up, it's a game dude. Your little hockey team is still good.

Climb2safety 12-16-2015 05:49 PM

What do people think of John Carlson one day winning the Norris trophy?

barbogast 12-16-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16223715)

I think he could be nominated for it as early as this season. Don't think he'll win it. Maybe one day but I kind of doubt it. I mean it could happen eventually I guess. There's no denying he's blossoming into a true star.

I do think that if Holtby stays healthy it's currently his Vezina to lose.

fonzz41 12-16-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

He's certainly becoming Norris caliber. Solid, all around play, poise, and oozing hockey sense. Will he get nominated? Hopefully. But it may be hard to crack that nom with more established names like Keith, Doughty, Weber, etc.

But of course, just because he doesn't win or even get nominated for the Norris doesn't mean he's not Norris caliber.

fonzz41 12-16-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

He's certainly becoming Norris caliber. Solid, all around play, poise, and oozing hockey sense. Will he get nominated? Hopefully. But it may be hard to crack that nom with more established names like Keith, Doughty, Weber, etc.

But of course, just because he doesn't win or even get nominated for the Norris doesn't mean he's not Norris caliber.

fonzz41 12-16-2015 09:30 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Agree that Holtby is leading contender for Vezina. Barbs, do you worry about tiring out by end of season? Or does he have the stamina? I know he played a ton last year.

barbogast 12-16-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16223913)
Sorry for the double post.

Agree that Holtby is leading contender for Vezina. Barbs, do you worry about tiring out by end of season? Or does he have the stamina? I know he played a ton last year.

Stamina never seemed to be an issue last year. I do worry though, yes. Moreso than him tiring out, I worry about him getting injured. I think he came handle 70 games + 3-4 round of playoffs. I just don't know if he'll be lucky enough to avoid injury the whole time.

Roose13 12-17-2015 05:23 AM

My fantasy team thanks Rask last night :thumbsup

barbogast 12-17-2015 07:37 AM

Curious if anyone in here saw the Tom Wilson hit from last night. A match penalty was assessed. Interested to hear thoughts from people who aren't Caps or Sens fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=kX2_WsBLHZE

salrx95 12-17-2015 08:38 AM

Some of these are really spot on. It's well done.....like Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

http://thehockeywriters.com/18-star-...-counterparts/

Lcsulla 12-17-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16223739)

Yeah, I think he is solid as a rock (perhaps a bit young) but he is right up there with the best d men in the league. I think Keith is still one of the best d men in the league but will have to get on fire for him to get serious consideration due to his injury and missing a few weeks. I also think you have to consider Hjalmarsson, Hedman and Seabrook as well for top contenders because they are all on fire now and if they continue they solid play it is going to be a horse race for the Norris Trophy.

TMoore4075 12-17-2015 09:37 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBmMhh919Uc

A quick video about Gretzky's 51 game point streak. Amazing he had 100 points in the first 34 games and ended the streak with 61 goals and 92 assists. Guys don't do that in 82 games now.

kev87lads 12-17-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16223639)

:lol I don't have to. Your "vent" spoke loud enough with the reaction you got in here, specifically seen by a frequent poster in this thread whom is a mod.

fonzz41 12-17-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16223927)
Stamina never seemed to be an issue last year. I do worry though, yes. Moreso than him tiring out, I worry about him getting injured. I think he came handle 70 games + 3-4 round of playoffs. I just don't know if he'll be lucky enough to avoid injury the whole time.

He's such a workhorse. Crazy that he's already played 25 games this year. Very Brodeur-esque in that regard. Hopefully he can stay healthy, at the very least for my fantasy team!
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16224143)
Curious if anyone in here saw the Tom Wilson hit from last night. A match penalty was assessed. Interested to hear thoughts from people who aren't Caps or Sens fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=kX2_WsBLHZE

This one's tricky:

Good things about hit: It wasn't particularly hard; elbows were down and it didn't look like Wilson was specifically targeting the head; he didn't leave his feet and he was gliding, not skating into it.

Bad things about hit: Whether or not head was intended target, he did get his head (with a bit of shoulder too). It was blind-side. Where Wilson is kind of coming from the side and behind, there's not really any chance Lazar could've seen him and braced for the hit.

Seeing the hit in real time, I probably would've made the same on-ice call. Match penalty. IF he gets suspended by today's NHL, I would guess two games.

dmbetc 12-17-2015 01:02 PM

Wilson hit: Agree with the penalty on ice but don't think he should get anything extra. I agree with what Matt said, he wasn't targeting the head, no intent to injure. He's a much bigger guy, was going into a play (puck was there), and Lazar was bending down. It was more of a glide into him. It's not like he went up into the hit.

Just think it was unfortunate positioning.

TMoore4075 12-17-2015 01:04 PM

Yeah forgot to reply on this earlier. Head did get contact but wasn't intentional and I think the penalty was right and enough. The only stupid thing was it was a blindside hit.

Lcsulla 12-17-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16224610)
:lol I don't have to. Your "vent" spoke loud enough with the reaction you got in here, specifically seen by a frequent poster in this thread whom is a mod.

Pretty sure Sarah know I was only venting and not serious. Not to mention I have been a mod for almost 11 years here without breaking any rules so cut me some slack will ya.

PS... you should be banned for a few days just for being a damn Flyers fan! :lol

fonzz41 12-17-2015 02:31 PM

I think we should turn this whole thing into a contest of who can hurl the best insults at the Avs when your team is playing them (posting the insults here, of course). Jamie set the bar pretty high, but I have faith in you guys.

Sal, bring your A game tonight, buddy.

rickyh24 12-17-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16223639)

:lol well played

Lcsulla 12-17-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16224928)
Jamie set the bar pretty high.

No sense shooting to miss! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16224937)
:lol well played

I try! :lol

barbogast 12-17-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16224615)
He's such a workhorse. Crazy that he's already played 25 games this year. Very Brodeur-esque in that regard. Hopefully he can stay healthy, at the very least for my fantasy team!

I really hope so too. He's on pace to have the best season by a Caps goalie ever, and by a lot. Can he win 50 games? The fact that that's even possible is remarkable to me. I'll admit I've been skeptical of Holtby's legitimacy in the past, and as recently as earlier this season, but the guy is a proven beast now. It no longer feels fluky at all. He's genuinely an elite goaltender and it seems like it's just a matter of time before he completely obliterates any and all franchise goalie records.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16224615)
This one's tricky:

Good things about hit: It wasn't particularly hard; elbows were down and it didn't look like Wilson was specifically targeting the head; he didn't leave his feet and he was gliding, not skating into it.

Bad things about hit: Whether or not head was intended target, he did get his head (with a bit of shoulder too). It was blind-side. Where Wilson is kind of coming from the side and behind, there's not really any chance Lazar could've seen him and braced for the hit.

Seeing the hit in real time, I probably would've made the same on-ice call. Match penalty. IF he gets suspended by today's NHL, I would guess two games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16224840)
Wilson hit: Agree with the penalty on ice but don't think he should get anything extra. I agree with what Matt said, he wasn't targeting the head, no intent to injure. He's a much bigger guy, was going into a play (puck was there), and Lazar was bending down. It was more of a glide into him. It's not like he went up into the hit.

Just think it was unfortunate positioning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16224842)
Yeah forgot to reply on this earlier. Head did get contact but wasn't intentional and I think the penalty was right and enough. The only stupid thing was it was a blindside hit.

Not surprisingly I found the match penalty to be pretty excessive :lol

dmbetc 12-17-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16181005)
Ducks aren't making any changes, per GM. This is surprising to me.

2 months later.. maybe some changes coming?

Still fun watching them on this downward spiral.

TMoore4075 12-18-2015 01:26 PM

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/18/...y%2Carticle%5D

haha