Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

DmBand801 10-07-2011 12:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13001854)
How will that affect hockey watching? When I used to work at 5am, I loved having afternoons free but I was tired by 8. Now I'm tired at 8 but for different reasons.

It's going to be a struggle. I could barely keep my eyes open during the Flyers-Bruins game last night. I was out cold by 9.

Giant Jew 10-07-2011 12:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13002253)
Intermission hosts on Sabres' Hockey Network just said that the Sabres' broadcasters are doing this, too, although they do have an ice-side guy who's actually in Helsinki that they're talking with by phone during intermissions.

ETA: Was just looking over Buffalo's schedule. They and the Kings, also playing in Europe, have to play each other in Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon. God, they're going to be zombies on the ice for that game, both teams.

I'm pretty sure this game is also in Europe

edit: just checked, it's in Berlin

DrewD55 10-07-2011 12:38 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Jew (Post 13002408)
I'm pretty sure this game is also in Europe

That makes more sense. ESPN.com didn't mention that. Good game today. Outstanding work by the special teams: 2/4 on the power play, and a perfect 5/5 on the penalty kill. Vanek seemed to be everywhere on the ice, and the new first line of him, Pominville, and Adam was humming today, scoring 3 of the 4 goals.

TMoore4075 10-07-2011 12:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Weird to have this much activity in this thread during the day.

Giant Jew 10-07-2011 12:46 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13002416)
That makes more sense. ESPN.com didn't mention that. Good game today. Outstanding work by the special teams: 2/4 on the power play, and a perfect 5/5 on the penalty kill. Vanek seemed to be everywhere on the ice, and the new first line of him, Pominville, and Adam was humming today, scoring 3 of the 4 goals.

Vanek is going to a beast this year. I was originally hoping he would be captain but now I think it might be best to let him concentrate on his game. I know it's early but it's looking like Adam is here to stay. Can't wait to actually watch tomorrow. Lets Go Buffalo!

RiotAct 10-07-2011 12:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Nice win tonight, let's take it to the Kings tomorrow as well

Giant Jew 10-07-2011 01:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Here's a strange stat, Sabres had zero shots on net in the 3rd

DrewD55 10-07-2011 01:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Jew (Post 13002515)
Here's a strange stat, Sabres had zero shots on net in the 3rd

Only thing that bugged about today's game was the amount of time they spent in their own zone in the third. I could have sworn I saw them take some shots, but they were playing an awful lot of defense and racking up an awful lot of icing calls the last 10 minutes.

DynastyDrummer1 10-07-2011 02:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Let's go Buffalo!

It was nice to see Leino get his first goal as a Sabre, and see Luke Adam put up some points on the top line.

DmBand801 10-07-2011 02:51 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13002517)
Only thing that bugged about today's game was the amount of time they spent in their own zone in the third. I could have sworn I saw them take some shots, but they were playing an awful lot of defense and racking up an awful lot of icing calls the last 10 minutes.

They took their foot off the gas. It's perfectly normal to fall back in your own end that late in the game with a two or three goal lead.

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 03:12 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Lets Go Hawks!!!!

fonzz41 10-07-2011 03:23 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 13002651)
They took their foot off the gas. It's perfectly normal to fall back in your own end that late in the game with a two or three goal lead.

Yep. Conserve energy, especially with the hectic European travel schedule. Not very fun to watch, but makes sense from the perspective of the team. It's not that you give up, you just transition to a different style of game focused on defense.

DrewD55 10-07-2011 03:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13002695)
Yep. Conserve energy, especially with the hectic European travel schedule. Not very fun to watch, but makes sense from the perspective of the team. It's not that you give up, you just transition to a different style of game focused on defense.

I'm fine with that. Was just having bad flashbacks to the leads we blew in the Flyers series last spring. I don't like the entire game plan relying on just defense. When the Ducks were forechecking that strong in the 2nd Period is when they gave up the goal. Sabres want to jerk around passing the puck in the neutral zone or clearing the puck past center ice, that's alright. You give a team enough shots in your defensive zone, that's playing with fire.

fonzz41 10-07-2011 03:38 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13002707)
I'm fine with that. Was just having bad flashbacks to the leads we blew in the Flyers series last spring. I don't like the entire game plan relying on just defense. When the Ducks were forechecking that strong in the 2nd Period is when they gave up the goal. Sabres want to jerk around passing the puck in the neutral zone or clearing the puck past center ice, that's alright. You give a team enough shots in your defensive zone, that's playing with fire.

Very true. There is a definitely an inherent risk; and unfortunately, while the rest of the team gets a bit of a break by playing this style, it can sometimes mean more work for the keeper. I don't think it's ever a decision a coach makes lightly... he probably considers the other team's current energy level and abilities, and his own confidence in his team's ability to play in their own zone and the neutral zone, among other things.

RiotAct 10-07-2011 04:44 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Jew (Post 13002515)
Here's a strange stat, Sabres had zero shots on net in the 3rd

a true Lindy Ruff 3rd period :rolleyes

UCFish 10-07-2011 05:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hawks Time!!!!!

UCFish 10-07-2011 05:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Why does NHL center ICE feed not fill my screen......horseshit

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 05:51 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
2 minutes into the first game of the season and Keith gives up a breakaway :lol

Thankfully Crawford came up big with the save.

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 05:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13002859)
Why does NHL center ICE feed not fill my screen......horseshit

Mine is coming in fullscreen...

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 05:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Carcillo not playing tonight?

UCFish 10-07-2011 05:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13002884)
Mine is coming in fullscreen...

well now I am even more pissed

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 05:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13002885)
Carcillo not playing tonight?

He's suspended for the first 2 games of the season.

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 05:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Ahh forgot about that

UCFish 10-07-2011 06:19 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hawks are lucky not to be behind....Stars seem fast!

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 06:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13002922)
Hawks are lucky not to be behind....Stars seem fast!

Eh, not really. Keith and Seabrook are played like the 2 worst D-men on the ice in that period.

DrewD55 10-07-2011 06:40 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Just browsing through the videos on the Sabres' NHL.com video page. I want Lindy Ruff's hat.

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 06:51 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Holy shit. Frolik misses the open net by a mile. :rolleyes

UCFish 10-07-2011 06:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
yeah that was not even close....from in real close

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 06:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hawks have had some chances and should have buried the puck in the back of the net. Pirri, Frolik, hit the net!

That said, Kari Lehtonen looks vastly improved. He could keep this Stars team in the hunt if he plays like this all year.

UCFish 10-07-2011 07:04 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Power play #4 Lets GO!

UCFish 10-07-2011 07:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
ugggghhhhh

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 07:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Shit game so far

UCFish 10-07-2011 07:23 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13003003)
Shit game so far

for sure....

gocubsgo3822 10-07-2011 07:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
RUH ROH :eek hawks season over?

UCFish 10-07-2011 08:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Lehtonen on fire....hopefully cools off tomorrow

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 08:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pretty uninspired performance from the Hawks, really. The offense had a lot of chances but not a lot of urgency. Defense was bad. Olesz and Frolik were invisible, Pirri and Saad ok but pretty green. 88, 19, 81 looked solid. 2 and 7 were pretty dreadful in the 1st period. Nice to see Bickell lay a big hit in the first period.

UCFish 10-07-2011 08:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Thought Hossa looked great....honestly put a lot on net just not much luck and the first one Corey gave up was a bit weak.....

gocubsgo3822 10-07-2011 08:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
did big buff score a goal for hawks tn?

UCFish 10-07-2011 08:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 13003143)
did big buff score a goal for hawks tn?

gonna punch you

lockman21 10-07-2011 11:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
'That was pathetic.

UCFish 10-07-2011 11:38 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13003496)
'That was pathetic.

at least have fun?

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 11:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13003121)
Thought Hossa looked great....honestly put a lot on net just not much luck and the first one Corey gave up was a bit weak.....

Yeah it was a bit soft, but it was off yet another turnover from Keith. Keith looked really bad early in this game, and that play capped it off. After that he seemed to pick up his game significantly, but it was a bit too late.

But really, where are the bodies going to net? The offense controlled the puck for stretches, but there was no urgency or willingness to play in front of the goaltender.

TMoore4075 10-08-2011 06:52 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Wings looked good for the first 45 minutes or so and then completely let off the gas. I didn't see the second goal for the Sens but 1st and 3rd ones Howard had no chance on. Lidstrom doesn't seem like he's even close to retiring. And sadly the Wings 3rd and 4th lines were the best. I like Bert on the line with Helm and Abdelkader. I guess the top two lines not doing too much could be good in a way cause you know they'll eventually be there and hope the bottom lines keep it up.

Cool to see Forsberg getting his # retired tonight against the Wings. I mean who else should they be playing?

Giant Jew 10-08-2011 07:37 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
What an awesome Saturday afternoon this will be. Lets Go Buffalo

DmBand801 10-08-2011 10:07 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Let the controversy begin in Washington. Neuvirth named the opening night starter over Vokoun.

salrx95 10-08-2011 10:09 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 13003957)
Let the controversy begin in Washington. Neuvirth named the opening night starter over Vokoun.

having drafted Neuvirth in like the 15th round, I was very happy to see that.

afternoon games about to start. Will be watching over 6 hours of hockey today. Welcome back!!!

thechad90000 10-08-2011 10:14 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Preds home opener this Thursday. Can't wait.

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 10:23 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hopefully the Preds fan stays in here, so that I can hate him

~Crashintome89~ 10-08-2011 11:43 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13003986)
Hopefully the Preds fan stays in here, so that I can hate him

:lol:lol:lol:lol

You guys are such jerks, but I guess that's why this thread rules.

efraser77 10-08-2011 11:44 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hey Jarrett Stoll, learn to keep your damn elbows down. The penalty you just took bore an awful lot of resemblance to the hit on Ian White that earned you a suspension in the playoffs last year.love how he acts like he did nothing wrong too.

aclark0622 10-08-2011 11:57 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13003986)
Hopefully the Preds fan stays in here, so that I can hate him

Bs play the Lightning tonight, but we won't have to deal with their fans until May. :thumbsup

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 12:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aclark0622 (Post 13004121)
Bs play the Lightning tonight, but we won't have to deal with their fans until May. :thumbsup

actually I'll see you next week

thechad90000 10-08-2011 12:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13003986)
Hopefully the Preds fan stays in here, so that I can hate him

Why the hate?

thechad90000 10-08-2011 12:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I am going to try and make a concerted effort to stick around in here a little this season actually.

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 12:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Just some divisional love, that's all :lol

thechad90000 10-08-2011 12:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13004235)
Just some divisional love, that's all :lol

:lol:lol:lol Gotcha

I wish there were a bigger hockey market down here in TN because I can never find a game on TV.

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 01:03 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
You mean Carrie Underwood's husband can't get them tv time?

really though, that must suck. Putting the Blackhawks on tv is what made them explode the way that they did.

salrx95 10-08-2011 01:05 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 13004236)
:lol:lol:lol Gotcha

I wish there were a bigger hockey market down here in TN because I can never find a game on TV.

NHL Center Ice. Worth every penny.

thechad90000 10-08-2011 01:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13004241)
You mean Carrie Underwood's husband can't get them tv time?

really though, that must suck. Putting the Blackhawks on tv is what made them explode the way that they did.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah I wish they would but unfortunately there just aren't that many people down here that would be interested in it.

thechad90000 10-08-2011 01:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 13004247)
NHL Center Ice. Worth every penny.

How much is it?

aclark0622 10-08-2011 01:30 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13004151)
actually I'll see you next week

:thumbsup You shall. Unfortunately that's UMaine homecoming, so I'll have to miss it.

I wonder if that dude will come back to root for CBJ (:lol) this year. Schreiber-something...

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 02:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aclark0622 (Post 13004290)
:thumbsup You shall. Unfortunately that's UMaine homecoming, so I'll have to miss it.

I wonder if that dude will come back to root for CBJ (:lol) this year. Schreiber-something...

yeah that would also be hilarious

thechad90000 10-08-2011 02:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Did just find out that Direct TV carries Fox Sports Tennessee which airs Preds games from time to time. Now I just have to find out what the hell that channel is.

salrx95 10-08-2011 04:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 13004272)
How much is it?

I have Charter. It was $171.00 payable in 4 installments. Worth every penny.

I've watched pretty much minute of every Islander for as long as I can remember so have a game not on here if it is bumped due to knicks, rangers, devils, etc all playing same night would suck for me. I get it every year. But I play fantasy hockey so it no uncommon for me to watch some of a Canucks/Sharks game out west before going to sleep

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 06:08 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
this is fully the dick stomping that I expect out of the Hawks....so far. Keep it up.

thechad90000 10-08-2011 06:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Recording the Preds game tonight vs. the Blues...looking forward to watching it after the TN game.

UCFish 10-08-2011 07:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Good first 2 periods!

Need to get the PP going though

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 07:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Hawks look awesome, Dallas looks stupid. They can't do anything. 6 shots through two periods? Granted the one shot that went in was a beauty, but you don't win on style points. Reminds me of how games were 2 years ago.

~Crashintome89~ 10-08-2011 07:19 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bryz with the shutout. Hell yeah.

UCFish 10-08-2011 07:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
^
Who cares about the East?

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 07:22 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
oh shit..

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 07:46 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
what the fuck sharp. They better kill this.

thechad90000 10-08-2011 07:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I really need Nashville to win this game for me tonight. I haven't watched it yet so if the game's over don't tell me. I'm watching the recording I made of it while I was watching Tennessee get killed by Georgia earlier.

UCFish 10-08-2011 08:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Good win....and good to see Bolland looking sharp.

bonzo48280 10-08-2011 08:19 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Yep, I see myself getting that Bolland sweater this year

thechad90000 10-08-2011 08:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Just finished the game. Good solid win.

UCFish 10-08-2011 08:24 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13004996)
Yep, I see myself getting that Bolland sweater this year

:thumbsup

dduncan6er 10-08-2011 08:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bruins looked very good tonight. Totally dominated Tampa.

Bron Yr Aur 10-08-2011 09:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Now that's more like it Hawks. What a monumental difference Bolland makes to that third line. They were getting chances everywhere.

kev87lads 10-08-2011 10:04 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
2 down. 80 to go. So far 82-0 is reachable.

Good all around dominant win tonight. The Devils had no business even skating with the Flyers tonight.

UCFish 10-08-2011 10:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 13005173)
2 down. 80 to go. So far 82-0 is reachable.

Good all around dominant win tonight. The Devils had no business even skating with the Flyers tonight.

That commercial may have seen the future!

~Crashintome89~ 10-08-2011 10:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 13005173)
2 down. 80 to go. So far 82-0 is reachable.

Good all around dominant win tonight. The Devils had no business even skating with the Flyers tonight.

I know it's been only two games, but I'm so impressed by this team. So much better in terms of effort. Wayne Simmonds is a beast. He goes out there like it is his last shift of his career.

kev87lads 10-09-2011 08:07 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13005227)
I know it's been only two games, but I'm so impressed by this team. So much better in terms of effort. Wayne Simmonds is a beast. He goes out there like it is his last shift of his career.

True story.

Also, it's really nice to not hold my breath on shots that SHOULD be saved. It's nice being able to think, "Oh, Bryz gots this."

Very early obviously. But I was really impressed with last night's effort. The Devils should be embarrassed to have played the way they did during their home opener.

~Crashintome89~ 10-09-2011 09:59 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 13005549)
True story.

Also, it's really nice to not hold my breath on shots that SHOULD be saved. It's nice being able to think, "Oh, Bryz gots this."

I keep thinking...Boucher looks good tonight. :lol:lol:lol

Alazais 10-09-2011 10:12 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Leafs had a bit of a melt-down in the last 10 minutes of the game last night but still managed to pull out a Dubya. 2-0 to start the season! I'll breath a sigh of relief if this team makes it to the 8th or 9th game and doesn't collapse like they did last year.

dduncan6er 10-09-2011 10:41 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 13005735)
Leafs had a bit of a melt-down in the last 10 minutes of the game last night but still managed to pull out a Dubya. 2-0 to start the season! I'll breath a sigh of relief if this team makes it to the 8th or 9th game and doesn't collapse like they did last year.

What's the opinion of most Leafs fans on Reimer? I'm not sold on him at all. Just wondering what the consensus is in Toronto.

JRS1386 10-09-2011 12:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Betts is back with the Flyers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp14422

RiotAct 10-09-2011 12:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 13005735)
Leafs had a bit of a melt-down in the last 10 minutes of the game last night but still managed to pull out a Dubya. 2-0 to start the season! I'll breath a sigh of relief if this team makes it to the 8th or 9th game and doesn't collapse like they did last year.

what a hit by Phaneuf there

bradshaw06 10-09-2011 01:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Anyone going to catch Winnipegs first game?

DrewD55 10-09-2011 01:32 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13006033)
Anyone going to catch Winnipegs first game?

May take a look at that one. Too much in the way of sports to watch today: both League Championship Series in baseball have games, too.

dduncan6er 10-09-2011 01:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13006079)
May take a look at that one. Too much in the way of sports to watch today: both League Championship Series in baseball have games, too.

The ALCS was postponed to tomorrow.

bradshaw06 10-09-2011 01:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewD55 (Post 13006079)
May take a look at that one. Too much in the way of sports to watch today: both League Championship Series in baseball have games, too.

:thumbsupVery true, i'll probably just catch some of the beginning.

DMBCubs25 10-09-2011 01:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Really liked the Bickell-Bolland-Frolik line last night. Hope they can channel the Bolland Havlat Ladd line of a few years ago, 3rd line is the key for this team.

DrewD55 10-09-2011 01:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13006090)
The ALCS was postponed to tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13006091)
:thumbsupVery true, i'll probably just catch some of the beginning.

Hadn't heard about the ALCS postponement. At least this one won't fuck with the rotation the way the one in the LDS did. Still want to get a look at some of the Brewers-Cards game, but I'll at least stream the opening festivities for the Jets. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

DrewD55 10-09-2011 02:03 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Streaming the CBC broadcast. Don Cherry's sport coat has to be seen to be believed. It's a good thing that the Winnipeg fans are enthusiastic about seeing hockey in person again. Take away the new uniforms and location, this is still the same shitty Atlanta Thrashers team that finished with 80 points last season.

RiotAct 10-09-2011 02:09 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
god it's so weird having Winnipeg in the SE Division this season.

either way, Go Jets Go!!!!!

RiotAct 10-09-2011 02:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
yikes Cammalleri with a nasty leg injury, he may have been sliced with a skate

Bron Yr Aur 10-09-2011 02:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13006109)
Really liked the Bickell-Bolland-Frolik line last night. Hope they can channel the Bolland Havlat Ladd line of a few years ago, 3rd line is the key for this team.

That line looked great last night. Though it Bickell/Frolik isn't nearly the talent level of Havlat/Ladd.

Glad the Hawks got back on track, but the one thing that worries me a bit is Keith's play. I think everyone (including Keith) thought that he would bounce back this season, but so far it has been more of 2010/11. Not encouraging. I wish they would put him back with Seabrook more often, he's playing with Leddy a bit too much.

DrewD55 10-09-2011 03:04 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Entertaining first period in the Jets-Habs game. Team's getting lots of chances, as far as power plays and shots, but Price is doing his usual excellent job in the net against them.

bonzo48280 10-09-2011 03:08 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13006269)
That line looked great last night. Though it Bickell/Frolik isn't nearly the talent level of Havlat/Ladd.

Glad the Hawks got back on track, but the one thing that worries me a bit is Keith's play. I think everyone (including Keith) thought that he would bounce back this season, but so far it has been more of 2010/11. Not encouraging. I wish they would put him back with Seabrook more often, he's playing with Leddy a bit too much.

First off, Keith has played very well.

The reason he doesn't look Norris worthy is because of the bolded. You can't have Leddy and Keith together because they both try to get involved on offense and they get burned at some point always. Guaranteed one breakaway a game. D pairings should be Keith-Seabs Hammer-Leddy Montador-Whoever Else


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.