Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TheLastPig 05-12-2016 09:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

I'll never understand how there can be that tight of a series then an absolute blowout in a game 7.

thechad90000 05-12-2016 11:39 PM

Well, I'm heartbroken. Preds came out and laid an egg. Just terrible.

bartender_man 05-13-2016 03:37 AM

Am stunned and incredibly stoked for my Sharks. Still talking shit Ants? I don't know if we can beat the Blues as them boys are damned good but I'm happy for Sharks making it this far.

Roose13 05-13-2016 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16413834)
I'll never understand how there can be that tight of a series then an absolute blowout in a game 7.

Twice. Both Game 7s were big letdowns.

aeroshady 05-13-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16413779)
Western Conference Finals include two teams who are notorious chokers. If this isn't an entertaining series then I will quit hockey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16413884)
Am stunned and incredibly stoked for my Sharks. Still talking shit Ants? I don't know if we can beat the Blues as them boys are damned good but I'm happy for Sharks making it this far.

:thumbsup

Can't wait for this series! Congrats to the Sharks! As stated above, this is such an awesome series between two teams that usually can't get it done.

Edit: was anyone talking shit about the Sharks?

TMoore4075 05-13-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16413834)

Ask Matty......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsiUJQVIV94

barbogast 05-13-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

When did anyone talk shit about the Sharks?

TMoore4075 05-13-2016 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16413963)
When did anyone talk shit about the Sharks?

Maybe when we say the Sharks have a history of choking....which is true so it's not talking shit. I said the other day, this team seems different, event with having to go 7 games against the Preds.

Of the final 4, the only one I don't want to win is the Pens cause they have the most recent Cup.

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

lol what are u talking about?

Dramageek 05-13-2016 06:52 AM

It's a great day for hockey! Keep your foot on the gas, Pens!

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16414109)
It's a great day for hockey! Keep your foot on the gas, Pens!

here here!

Geno has been quiet recently....a little too quiet...

he's a sleeping giant and i have a weird feeling that he's waking up very soon

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16413942)

I was also thinking Pens/Caps 2009

barbogast 05-13-2016 07:13 AM

I hope the Penns get fucking rocked today

kev87lads 05-13-2016 07:14 AM

Go Blues.

OK Sharks.

Meh Lightning.

F the Pens.

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 07:16 AM

:lol i love it

bring on the hate baby

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 07:16 AM

you know hockey is a special sport when the conference finals can bring Caps fans and Flyers fans together

:hug

jrkarger 05-13-2016 07:17 AM

Still a lot of jelly around these parts.

;)

kev87lads 05-13-2016 07:20 AM

^ Not denying it.

TMoore4075 05-13-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16414166)
Go Blues.

OK Sharks.

Meh Lightning.

F the Pens.

Sounds about right for me too.

jrkarger 05-13-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16414183)
^ Not denying it.

:lol :thumbsup

I'd feel the same if it were reversed.

barbogast 05-13-2016 07:23 AM

Yeah I'm like a million percent jealous. Fucking Pennguins. Assholes.

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 07:27 AM

i think one thing we can all agree on is that there are 4 REALLY good teams left and we should be treated to some awesome hockey the rest of the way

Pens-Bolts is going to be a track meet...speed, skill & goaltending will be on full display

Blues-Sharks is a classic Western conference matchup...Sharks PP is deadly and the Blues are just all around good

fonzz41 05-13-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

:lol "Underdogs" love staying "underdogs". We've given frequent blow jobs to the Sharks in the last couple weeks. I gave one myself that was particularly long and deep.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16413942)

The day the music died.

Dramageek 05-13-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16414168)
:lol i love it

bring on the hate baby

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16414170)
you know hockey is a special sport when the conference finals can bring Caps fans and Flyers fans together

It really is a beautiful thing.

Dramageek 05-13-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16414199)
i think one thing we can all agree on is that there are 4 REALLY good teams left and we should be treated to some awesome hockey the rest of the way

Pens-Bolts is going to be a track meet...speed, skill & goaltending will be on full display

Blues-Sharks is a classic Western conference matchup...Sharks PP is deadly and the Blues are just all around good

Very much this. There should be some very entertaining hockey this round. And the good news for the Sharks and Blues given their history of missing the Final, they can't both choke. :lol One of them has to make it! Seriously, though, they are both great teams, and the winner will be highly deserving of its spot in the SCF.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure no one is talking shit at all. The fact that they have not won a cup and often fail to play well in big games is just something that is going to be brought up. For what it is worth I am hoping they make the finals and eventually Pavelski is holding the cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16413924)
Twice. Both Game 7s were big letdowns.

Yeah, two blowouts, amazing! Last night was a complete domination, they beat the Preds in every single aspect of that game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16413968)
Maybe when we say the Sharks have a history of choking....which is true so it's not talking shit. I said the other day, this team seems different, event with having to go 7 games against the Preds.

Of the final 4, the only one I don't want to win is the Pens cause they have the most recent Cup.

Agreed on the Sharks. As for Cups I believe neither SJ or St. Louis has ever won one - perhaps this is the year for one of them - if either can borrow Jamie Benn to play center for the next two rounds. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16414170)

Yeah, it is like soccer or another international sport when your team is out and you really just don't want Yemen to win a World Cup! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16414188)
Yeah I'm like a million percent jealous. Fucking Pennguins. Assholes.

I think a lot of us are jealous except for our resident Blues, Pens and Shark fans. Not sure if we have any die hard Bolts fans though.

Quote:

Well stated, could not agree more. Going to be a game or two that 2 or 3 goal wins but I expect both series' to be tight as hell and damn entertaining to watch.

fonzz41 05-13-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Yes, I'm very pleased with the Conference Finals matchups. In terms of playing an overall team game, I don't know if there's a team excelling more at that right now than the Sharks (although the Penns are not far behind). Be interesting to see if they can sustain it.

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16414251)
Yes, I'm very pleased with the Conference Finals matchups. In terms of playing an overall team game, I don't know if there's a team excelling more at that right now than the Sharks (although the Penns are not far behind). Be interesting to see if they can sustain it.

god, the Sharks just dismantled the Preds last night

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 07:49 AM

:lol I love all the Pens hate. I have a good feeling were going to take game 1 tonight.

jrkarger 05-13-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414250)
Yeah, it is like soccer or another international sport when your team is out and you really just don't want Yemen to win a World Cup! :lol

I'd root for Yemen before the Flyers.

:p