Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=356870)

chadizzy1 04-22-2021 02:16 PM

2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update)

Updated: 25 August 2022
- Announcement rumor added
- Rumor about Cville added
- MSG ending the tour rumor

DMB 2022 Tour Rumors
All rumors are compiled into this list. List will be updated and reposted in thread as new rumors are mentioned. If a rumor seems "unlikely", it still remains in the list until it is debunked by a scheduling conflict or the announcement of the official dates which confirms all rumors. If you click the user name link next to "Source", it will take you to the original post in which that user shared the rumor/information.

2022 Tour Rumors

2022 Broad/Vague Rumors/No Date Specified
- "Expect Winter/Late 2022 Dates" (Via Anonymous Source)
- "Expect D&T dates later in the tour" (Via Anonymous Source)
- "Confirmed Fall Tour" (Via BruceW)
- MSG included in fall tour (Via BruceW)
- Mohegan possible for "winter" tour (Via madpiker)
- Buffalo included in fall tour (Via tylereberle41)
- TD Garden in Boston on Fall Tour (Via madpiker)
- Cville possible for fall tour (Via Cscottrun)
- "Tour dates to be announced mid September" (Via scottpg99)
- "Dates coming within 2 weeks" (Via the_greatdivide)
- "Cville "likely not" on schedule" (Via the_greatdivide)
- "Ending at MSG (could see those early December dates someone pointed out being true)" (Via the_greatdivide)

November 2022
November (Date Not Specified) - Omaha (Via scottpg99)
November (Date Not Specified) x2 - Minnesota (Via Bryanm236)
Around November 14th - Chicago (Via cuffit)
November 16th - Boston (Via davetripping02)
November 17th - Connecticut (Via davetripping02 and madpiker)

2022 Announcement/On-sale Rumors
N/A

2022 Confirmed Rumors
N/A

2022 Debunked/Removed Dates
N/A

2022 Retracted Rumors
N/A

NOTE: When booking hotels due to dates on the rumors list, make sure to book refundable rooms. Any dates given on this list are not a guarantee and it should be treated as such. They are simply rumors. While there is nothing wrong with planning ahead, booking refundable rooms ensures you don't lose money if a rumored date doesn't pan out.

ATTRIBUTION/SOURCING: We put in a lot of hard work every year to put this list together, so if you pass these dates off elsewhere, please share this thread or at least give credit to AM.org.

Lee3691 11-14-2021 03:46 PM

2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update)

Thinking tour dates will be released earlier than normal

Beauford3641 11-15-2021 03:52 AM

Re: 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations

I'd love a Providence show if they're doing indoor spring shows, simply because I live like 20 minutes from there. But we'll see what happens.

dontdrink36 11-15-2021 05:27 AM

I bet they hit the road in/around April and go for another long tour

Hahninator 11-15-2021 06:37 AM

Don't need chadizzy to start the thread to compile everything into one post?

I also agree they start a little earlier in 2022, just because of these reasons:
1. Fingers crossed, we seem to be emerging out of COVID-19 for real now. The winter 2021 run wasn't fleshed out like it could have been due to COVID.
2. With an album release coming, they'll need all year to get to places they like to tour on album release years: South America, Europe, etc.

We should see a few more festivals than usual next year and with everything going on, I'd also pick an April start like dontdrink36 said. I'd love a short spring run, full summer tour, and a real winter tour along with the international stuff sprinkled in between it all. They proved in 2019 they can handle the workload.

dontdrink36 11-15-2021 06:41 AM

I think they will avoid overseas for one more year. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you test positive while over there you have to stay for a while before coming back, correct? I ask because I think that is a thing but as someone who does not travel internationally idk. If that is the case it would be a huge blow to the tour if a "breakthrough" case happened over there

willndmb 11-15-2021 06:54 AM

The first, non rescheduled covid show for Lakeview Amp in Syracuse got announced today with an on sale date of 12/3.
I don’t think we will see DMB announce any earlier than normal but I think we will see rumors sooner as management isn’t stupid and knows more and more tours will want to lock in dates this summer so they need to be on it for sure.

DoDaFoo 11-15-2021 07:18 AM

I’d love for Seattle to get a show at the new arena. They could easily play a show there as part of a Spring Tour then still do Gorge over Labor Day.

onesweetworld41 11-15-2021 07:56 AM

Total speculation but could imagine a series of 3-4 week touring blocks with some rest in between each block for the guys. Could still see 60+ gigs but over 5-6 blocks of shows and no "memorial day to end of July straight run"

scallops25 11-15-2021 12:16 PM

I have two main expectations for next year's tour:

1. No international dates with the exception of Canada. There's still too much uncertainty not only in terms of how much COVID is still out there, but also in how things would have to be handled in the event that someone comes up positive while they're over there. With Canada, there's at least some consistency with the US now that the borders are opened, and with them not being able to go through with the Canada dates this year, unfinished business. It also goes hand-in-hand with:

2. All venues will be Live Nation-controlled. This ensures consistency in terms of COVID protocols, which will be in place for at least another year. They definitely don't want a repeat of the Oklahoma fiasco. It also makes things easier to manage in the event that dates have to be postponed or re-scheduled.

I also would not be surprised to see Texas and Florida bypassed if COVID protocols cannot be enforced there. The folks in Florida were lucky this year that they were early on the tour schedule before COVID protocols proved to be necessary; if they had been later in the tour, the shows likely would've gotten cancelled much like the Oklahoma ones did.

scallops25 11-15-2021 12:24 PM

The other big thing that I would not be surprised to see happen next year is the end of physical tickets from the WH. This does not mean that there would not be a lottery; just that instead of physical tickets, everyone would get links to download digital tickets into their Ticketmaster accounts and then if people need to re-sell, things could be handled through the TM ecosphere. There's always been some level of linkage between the WH and TM/LN, and with TM/LN going all in on digital tickets in our new normal, it's easy to see how the WH would follow suit.

Keener 11-15-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080422)

1. No international dates with the exception of Canada. There's still too much uncertainty not only in terms of how much COVID is still out there, but also in how things would have to be handled in the event that someone comes up positive while they're over there. With Canada, there's at least some consistency with the US now that the borders are opened, and with them not being able to go through with the Canada dates this year, unfinished business. It also goes hand-in-hand with:

The only official dates at the moment are international (Mexico).

YouNeverKnow25 11-15-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080427)
The other big thing that I would not be surprised to see happen next year is the end of physical tickets from the WH. This does not mean that there would not be a lottery; just that instead of physical tickets, everyone would get links to download digital tickets into their Ticketmaster accounts and then if people need to re-sell, things could be handled through the TM ecosphere. There's always been some level of linkage between the WH and TM/LN, and with TM/LN going all in on digital tickets in our new normal, it's easy to see how the WH would follow suit.

pearl jam did this for their ill fated spring 2020 tour and despite PJ having just as many complainers in their fanbase as DMB (if not more!), it was...pretty smooth actually

YouNeverKnow25 11-15-2021 12:30 PM

(of course, that was just for the ticket lottery phase, and some of the post-lottery/pre-show phase....they didn't get a chance to actually have any shows under that regime)

scallops25 11-15-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 18080202)
Fingers crossed, we seem to be emerging out of COVID-19 for real now. The winter 2021 run wasn't fleshed out like it could have been due to COVID.

Don't agree with this at all. I think we have at least another year of COVID-related restrictions and protocols to look forward to.

too69short 11-15-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

I can live with digital, don't love it... however let me get a printed copy, even if its an ugly TM stub. I'm willing to pay some extra money (its a heck of a lot cheaper then fighting for these posters lately with their immediate 400%+ mark-up).

scallops25 11-15-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keener (Post 18080429)
The only official dates at the moment are international (Mexico).

That's a Dave & Tim weekend where everyone is staying in resorts on-site. It's much less complicated to manage from a COVID standpoint than, for example, a full-band Europe tour would be.

blaise34 11-15-2021 12:37 PM

Have I put my last physical ticket into my ticket album?
Kind of sad. I could see a "souvenir" stub being a 10 dollar add on, maybe

scallops25 11-15-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too69short (Post 18080439)
I can live with digital, don't love it... however let me get a printed copy, even if its an ugly TM stub. I'm willing to pay some extra money (its a heck of a lot cheaper then fighting for these posters lately with their immediate 400%+ mark-up).

If I'm right, don't be surprised if independent creators step up to fill the gap on printed stubs, post-gigs. With the amount of people that get fooled by scammers with fake tickets every year, it's not like they're difficult to make.

dmbolp 11-15-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Yep, you can take the barcode number off a Warehouse ticket and key it into the Ticketmaster Sell Your Tickets "from-any-vendor", section/row/seat will pop up, and sell a Warehouse ticket on TM just like reselling a TM/LN ticket thru their verified resale system.

Cscottrun 11-15-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 18080449)
Yep, you can take the barcode number off a Warehouse ticket and key it into the Ticketmaster Sell Your Tickets "from-any-vendor", section/row/seat will pop up, and sell a Warehouse ticket on TM just like reselling a TM/LN ticket thru their verified resale system.

Interesting. So if you do this, do you have to ship the physical ticket or does ticketmaster generate a digital ticket and cancel the hard ticket?

scallops25 11-15-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18080456)
Interesting. So if you do this, do you have to ship the physical ticket or does ticketmaster generate a digital ticket and cancel the hard ticket?

The latter. I've done it twice in the past to get something for low-quality seats that I likely would've eaten otherwise.

This is part of why it would be easy for the WH to transition to an all-digital lottery.

Cscottrun 11-15-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080457)
The latter. I've done it twice in the past to get something for low-quality seats that I likely would've eaten otherwise.

This is part of why it would be easy for the WH to transition to an all-digital lottery.

This is really interesting. If there's a way to do a private listing, once could theoretically sell the tickets through the ticketmaster system to a buyer from say, the warehouse boards. Ticketmaster would still get their cut, but if it's day of show and your across the country due to a late cancellation, that would potentially be one way around being unable to get the tix into the hands of the buyer b/c shipping is out of the question. Do you know if a private listing like that is possible?

scallops25 11-15-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18080458)
This is really interesting. If there's a way to do a private listing, once could theoretically sell the tickets through the ticketmaster system to a buyer from say, the warehouse boards. Ticketmaster would still get their cut, but if it's day of show and your across the country due to a late cancellation, that would potentially be one way around being unable to get the tix into the hands of the buyer b/c shipping is out of the question. Do you know if a private listing like that is possible?

I don't think there's a way to do a private listing on TM for physical stubs. TM generally restricts you from pricing below face value (this is to prevent a seller from undercutting inventory that TM might have available for purchase directly), and the ability to do a private listing would allow sellers to bypass that restriction.

That said, if the WH does go to an all-digital ecosystem, things would likely open up since TM generally allows the direct transfer of digital tickets from one person to another without taking a cut.

Cscottrun 11-15-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080460)
I don't think there's a way to do a private listing on TM for physical stubs. TM generally restricts you from pricing below face value (this is to prevent a seller from undercutting inventory that TM might have available for purchase directly), and the ability to do a private listing would allow sellers to bypass that restriction.

That said, if the WH does go to an all-digital ecosystem, things would likely open up since TM generally allows the direct transfer of digital tickets from one person to another without taking a cut.

Oh yea, definitely. I am a proponent of all digital tickets. But I am not all that big into collecting stubs. Would make things so much easier if the tickets were digital and delivered into the ticketmaster app (or a separate app) where they can be freely transferred using ticketmaster's (or a similar) system.

RiotAct 11-15-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18080434)
pearl jam did this for their ill fated spring 2020 tour and despite PJ having just as many complainers in their fanbase as DMB (if not more!), it was...pretty smooth actually

yep smooth so far, looking forward to 2030 when I can finally use my Toronto ticket :rolleyes

nerrfhearder 11-15-2021 01:25 PM

If Warehouse goes digital I would think the ticket limit would also be enforced across both Warehouse AND LiveNation/Ticketmaster so if you apply for tix on Warehouse get crappy uppers that's what you got cause you've already hit your limit. Can't go order from Ticketmaster/Livenation now if those are all tied together?

nerrfhearder 11-15-2021 01:30 PM

I highly doubt Warehouse would utilize a system separate from Ticketmaster/LiveNation - wayyy too much to worry about as far as logistics if they also stay with Ticketmaster/LiveNation - those systems would need to talk to each other seemlessly. Unless a system is already in the works from Ticketmaster/Livenation.

Personally if Warehouse were to go digital I feel like that's another loss for myself as a Warehouse member. First no more Warehouse Photos, then CDs, now no commemorative ticket?
Kinda reducing their reasons to buy membership.

ISawTheBridge10 11-15-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise34 (Post 18080441)

Maybe your last WH, but I know you can take your "digital" ticket up to just about any venue box office and they will print you off a physical ticket. Again, not a WH-official ticket, but at least something to add to the collection.

dmbolp 11-15-2021 01:46 PM

Bought WH tickets for FRI MSG last TUE, they were overnighted to my via USPS EXPRESS (big mistake), didn't get them WED, didn't get them THUR even though USPS EXPRESS is supposed to deliver 365, flew to NYC on FRI without the tickets. Told the seller how to do it and to just sell them on TM, get my money back. He did it but tried to instantly buy them back to give to me, they were gone instantly (or maybe well after, if TM took over an hour to post them). About 3:30pm TM dropped a bunch of side stage tickets, got the best pair possible, front row aisle pair next to Buddy. And on the train ride from LGA to NYC on FRI I secured a N2 Pit with poster on the Warehouse boards...successful weekend.

dmbolp 11-15-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18080475)
Maybe your last WH, but I know you can take your "digital" ticket up to just about any venue box office and they will print you off a physical ticket. Again, not a WH-official ticket, but at least something to add to the collection.

Daughter did that with her World Series TM electronic tickets

Cscottrun 11-15-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 18080483)
Bought WH tickets for FRI MSG last TUE, they were overnighted to my via USPS EXPRESS (big mistake), didn't get them WED, didn't get them THUR even though USPS EXPRESS is supposed to deliver 365, flew to NYC on FRI without the tickets. Told the seller how to do it and to just sell them on TM, get my money back. He did it but tried to instantly buy them back to give to me, they were gone instantly (or maybe well after, if TM took over an hour to post them). About 3:30pm TM dropped a bunch of side stage tickets, got the best pair possible, front row aisle pair next to Buddy. And on the train ride from LGA to NYC on FRI I secured a N2 Pit with poster on the Warehouse boards...successful weekend.

Can you do this trick with only one of the tickets if you have a pair (i.e., is the bar code unique to each ticket)?

I had a similar situation where I had a pair of Mohegan N2 WH pits. One was for me, the other I sold. Then I couldn't make the show so I sold the second one to a different buyer. One of the two tickets got lost in transit. Was going to be a nightmare with the WH I'm sure b/c I split the pair (don't think they would have will called only one ticket of the pair and also not sure if they would have will called it in someone's name other than my own, and I was not going). If I knew I could just sell the ticket that was lost to myself on ticketmaster and then just transferred the ticket to the buyer, that would have mitigated a lot of stress and work on my part. Ultimately, the package was found and delivered (5 days late) and just in time for the show.

dmbolp 11-15-2021 02:25 PM

Each ticket is unique, by barcode, just like you can resell a single TM ticket from a order for a pair

Cscottrun 11-15-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 18080508)
Each ticket is unique, by barcode, just like you can resell a single TM ticket from a order for a pair

Wow. I guess the one downside about potentially buying them back myself is I'd have to pay the ticketmaster fees. And I'm sure there are bots that scoop tickets at good prices up immediately, so you'd have to list for well above the going rate - likely leading to exorbitant fees.

Sabres914 11-15-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise34 (Post 18080441)

I could see this as well. Any chance for management to make an extra nickel.

willndmb 11-15-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Venues hate digital tix though.
Pit for example, there is no way to stop people from sharing the tix and getting it overflowed.
Many honest people go to the bathroom while the ticket is on a spouse phone and then security has to see if they believe they belong. On the same token, many dishonest people know this too and end up inside reserved sections

RiotAct 11-15-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 18080669)
Pit for example, there is no way to stop people from sharing the tix and getting it overflowed.
Many honest people go to the bathroom while the ticket is on a spouse phone and then security has to see if they believe they belong. On the same token, many dishonest people know this too and end up inside reserved sections

seems like it would be as simple as, for Pit tickets, having another status like “scanned - wristband already issued” or something like that.

So then if some jamoke tries ‘stubbing’ their friends up to the pit, when the person in charge of the wristbands scans the legit owner’s ticket… tough luck.

I’m not sure if all the venues currently do a scan of the tickets to issue the wristbands though, or just a cursory glance at them. I know at Star Lake this summer, they scanned ours.

too69short 11-16-2021 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080442)
If I'm right, don't be surprised if independent creators step up to fill the gap on printed stubs, post-gigs. With the amount of people that get fooled by scammers with fake tickets every year, it's not like they're difficult to make.

I agree this could definitely become a small business.

too69short 11-16-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerrfhearder (Post 18080465)
If Warehouse goes digital I would think the ticket limit would also be enforced across both Warehouse AND LiveNation/Ticketmaster so if you apply for tix on Warehouse get crappy uppers that's what you got cause you've already hit your limit. Can't go order from Ticketmaster/Livenation now if those are all tied together?

I dont' see them enforcing those limits. Many shows wouldn't sell out when you know damn well most of us are holding multiples by the time the show comes around trying to upgrade.

dmbolp 11-16-2021 06:34 AM

MSG had a 2nd scan for wristbands, as did several other shows I went to this year

Hahninator 11-16-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 18080669)

This is not correct about the pit. This was a problem with TM 2010-2014. Then they fixed this by making another ticket scan station in 2014 to get the pit wristbands. You can print/alter all the tickets you want but if the barcode doesn't scan into the TM system to confirm it's a pit ticket, you aren't getting in the pit. That's been the case at every show I saw DMB in the pit this year, 2019, 2018, etc.

The dishonest people come from possibly reusing wristbands but it's literally impossible to guess the color ahead of time as they are mixed randomly. Going through that type of effort to accumulate every color wristband just to use one at a future show seems borderline psychotic - maybe there are 1 or 2 people who do this but that's just crazy to me lol. Easier to just buy the ticket.

I can't speak to the reserved sections as I've never had anyone in my seats.

Bob_Loblaw 11-16-2021 08:52 AM

I'd love for there to be a SF Bay Area stop. Hopefully the Greek for 2-3 nights.

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 09:04 AM

Would love to see some old/ new stops in 2022:

Hartford
Camden
Santa Barbara Bowl
Hollywood Bowl
Berkeley
Chula Vista
Scranton
Utah
Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle)
UBS Arena (Long Island)

Foreverford05 11-16-2021 09:13 AM

as cool as MPP is for some, I'd like to see a return to Bristow.

blaise34 11-16-2021 09:15 AM

Camden, please. Holmdel doesn't quite cut it

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreverford05 (Post 18080868)
as cool as MPP is for some, I'd like to see a return to Bristow.

Just please not a gigantic storm again in mid late July lol

willndmb 11-16-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 18080836)
This is not correct about the pit. This was a problem with TM 2010-2014. Then they fixed this by making another ticket scan station in 2014 to get the pit wristbands. You can print/alter all the tickets you want but if the barcode doesn't scan into the TM system to confirm it's a pit ticket, you aren't getting in the pit. That's been the case at every show I saw DMB in the pit this year, 2019, 2018, etc.

The dishonest people come from possibly reusing wristbands but it's literally impossible to guess the color ahead of time as they are mixed randomly. Going through that type of effort to accumulate every color wristband just to use one at a future show seems borderline psychotic - maybe there are 1 or 2 people who do this but that's just crazy to me lol. Easier to just buy the ticket.

maybe some venues "fixed it" but not all.
I frequent and work at different venues and can tell you 100% they don't have scanning.
Most recent, Sunday for a basketball game. Many people on the floor who didn't have tickets - some legit and some not

surferbrad87 11-16-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18080422)

2. All venues will be Live Nation-controlled. This ensures consistency in terms of COVID protocols, which will be in place for at least another year. They definitely don't want a repeat of the Oklahoma fiasco. It also makes things easier to manage in the event that dates have to be postponed or re-scheduled.

I also would not be surprised to see Texas and Florida bypassed if COVID protocols cannot be enforced there. The folks in Florida were lucky this year that they were early on the tour schedule before COVID protocols proved to be necessary; if they had been later in the tour, the shows likely would've gotten cancelled much like the Oklahoma ones did.

Florida should still be in the mix. They allow the vaccine requirement as long as there is an option to just negative test instead, saw several FL shows do this. We have the same law here in Alabama and they did the same thing at our outdoor venue. Neg test or vaccine card. Just could not do vaccine proof only.

prdstmnky36 11-16-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 18080836)

There are a lot more than 1 or 2 people that used to do this.

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 18080949)
There are a lot more than 1 or 2 people that used to do this.

Yeah dozens if not more do this at every single DMB show (and other concerts). In the end, it's not that hard to sneak into a GA Floor/ Pit.

BTCS_JTR 11-16-2021 11:09 AM

Manifesting a Scranton stop until it happens by posting about it each year in the new rumors thread

crounsa810 11-16-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise34 (Post 18080872)
Camden, please. Holmdel doesn't quite cut it

This. I’d say out of all the venues I’ve been to, Holmdel was my least favorite

ExistenceNow 11-16-2021 11:27 AM

I have started buying tickets again and not a single venue/promoter has even given me the option of a hard ticket. I'd bet money Warehouse goes that direction soon. I'm surprised they haven't already.

podiumboy 11-16-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 18081018)
Manifesting a Scranton stop until it happens by posting about it each year in the new rumors thread

A little strange that they just plain STOPPED going there. Was it taking away numbers from other shows?

dmbolp 11-16-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18081050)
I have started buying tickets again and not a single venue/promoter has even given me the option of a hard ticket. I'd bet money Warehouse goes that direction soon. I'm surprised they haven't already.

Particularly with the delays they had with the new ticket fulfillment vendor this year

prdstmnky36 11-16-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podiumboy (Post 18081076)
A little strange that they just plain STOPPED going there. Was it taking away numbers from other shows?

Cause attendance was never that good.

dmbclstj2 11-16-2021 12:35 PM

My expectation would be the following:

1) Texas shows get added back
2) Philly (Camden) gets added back but only 1 show
3) 2 to 3 new venues/cities
4) 1 to 2 Stadium shows (either Truist Park in Atlanta, Fenway or Wrigley)
5) Alpine makes it's great return

tyler3440 11-16-2021 12:45 PM

Arena spring shows would be nice. Or outdoors in the south. Oak mountain i’m looking at you

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 12:52 PM

Alpine NEEDS to return in 2022. Would love to see stadium shows again as well (Wrigley or Fenway like someone mentioned).

prdstmnky36 11-16-2021 12:56 PM

So now we are back to stadiums? :lol

ISawTheBridge10 11-16-2021 12:59 PM

What's the rule on Alpine? They have to choose either that or Chicago?

I mean, regardless, it's such a no-brainer in almost everyone's opinion. Gotta do Alpine.

Sabres914 11-16-2021 01:02 PM

PLEASE bring back Alpine

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18081149)
What's the rule on Alpine? They have to choose either that or Chicago?

I mean, regardless, it's such a no-brainer in almost everyone's opinion. Gotta do Alpine.

Pretty much when they do Chicago, they're also doing Summerfest in Milwaukee which nixes Alpine.

So next year I would expect Alpine.

BTCS_JTR 11-16-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podiumboy (Post 18081076)

The 200s were getting a bit empty. It’s too bad. Montage always got a fun show with something cool thrown in there

scallops25 11-16-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 18081130)
My expectation would be the following:

1) Texas shows get added back
2) Philly (Camden) gets added back but only 1 show
3) 2 to 3 new venues/cities
4) 1 to 2 Stadium shows (either Truist Park in Atlanta, Fenway or Wrigley)
5) Alpine makes it's great return

1) Texas is 100% predicate on them being able to enforce COVID protocols.
2) Camden will be two nights. It was two nights when it was added in when the tour was initially moved back to 2021, and they will have to make up for Philadelphia getting nothing this year.
3) What new venues/cities are out there under Live Nation control that they haven't hit yet?
4) I think they're done with stadiums.
5) Agreed that Alpine will return.

cpxc. 11-16-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 18081095)
Cause attendance was never that good.

This.

2013 attendance was only 9,673 out of 17,528. I believe it was the second lowest attendance on tour. (lowest was Salt Lake City)

Sabres914 11-16-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 18081156)
This.

2013 attendance was only 9,673 out of 17,528. I believe it was the second lowest attendance on tour. (lowest was Salt Lake City)

Where did you get this attendance figure? Can you find more from the 2013 tour?

tyler3440 11-16-2021 01:12 PM

Why do people want stadium shows at this point? I just don’t get at appeal. They aren’t the greatest for music, the seats are way further away, plus it will be half empty. I mean I’m sure it’s cool because of history of some of these places such as Wrigley, and Fenway. That’s about the only thing they offer though. Also I doubt this is realistic. They haven’t done a true stadium since 2013 @ dicks

For dmb I much rather see them at a small venue in the south. That’s just me though.

Whiteyxc514 11-16-2021 01:13 PM

Northerly Island is theeeeee worst. View of the skyline is the only cool thing. Please go back to Alpine in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scallops25 11-16-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 18081156)

And yet, they've been back to Salt Lake City since then.

The Scranton cut always bugged the crap out of me because I've heard it's a gorgeous venue and I was planning to add it the year that they cut it.

Bearclaw_ 11-16-2021 01:26 PM

As for alpine vs NI, alpine wins easily.

BUT, I’d love a tour that is less stops but longer stays. 3-4 night engagements at bigger venues.

I’d love three nights somewhere other than Gorge. The catalogue is so big now, it would be nice to hit more stuff.

ISawTheBridge10 11-16-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18081155)
2) Camden will be two nights. It was two nights when it was added in when the tour was initially moved back to 2021, and they will have to make up for Philadelphia getting nothing this year.
3) What new venues/cities are out there under Live Nation control that they haven't hit yet?

I'd like to see them return to Nashville, but do 2 nights at Ascend instead of Bridgestone.

Wishful thinking, but it'd be cool.

Cscottrun 11-16-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

UBS arena on Long Island is nearing completion and I expect them to push hard for DMB (and all acts for that matter). I would prefer the arena to Jones Beach. If they do a spring tour, will be interesting to see how things pan out between a stop there and MSG. I would prefer an MSG stop always. They should just swap out Jones during the summer tour for UBS and play MSG again during the spring but perhaps they do the opposite since they just played MSG.

donvito72 11-16-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ (Post 18081182)

BUT, I’d love a tour that is less stops but longer stays. 3-4 night engagements at bigger venues.

I’d love three nights somewhere other than Gorge. The catalogue is so big now, it would be nice to hit more stuff.

Makes it a lot easier to travel when I know I'm getting 3 shows.

ExistenceNow 11-16-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Texas isn't stopping venues from enforcing covid protocols. Both venues have already enforced the same protocols DMB is requiring at previous shows.

So that shouldn't be an issue.

BTCS_JTR 11-16-2021 01:48 PM

Hoping to get out to Texas at some point. My sister is moving to San Antonio next month

mposey34 11-16-2021 02:00 PM

The Texas shows will be packed after missing out for two years. Maybe they do all three stops again (Austin/Woodlands/Dallas)

tyler3440 11-16-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

I would like to see them at the Smoothie King center in NOLA. They haven’t played a non jazz fest show in NOLA since 1996. Also the FedExForum in Memphis. I don’t think they have played Memphis proper since the 90s that wasn’t a fest.

georgedavis003 11-16-2021 02:22 PM

Please no Holmdel. Horrible venue to get to. Traffic sucks, you have to take a school bus and a long ass walk to get to the train, and it's just not that interesting of a venue. Complicate that matter with horrible setlists

ElijahSoRight72 11-16-2021 02:31 PM

Definitely on the train of bringing Camden back, but for me it's because it's my new home venue and it would be great to have a staple 2-nighter in my backyard. Haven't been to a show there yet!

scallops25 11-16-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18081189)
UBS arena on Long Island is nearing completion and I expect them to push hard for DMB (and all acts for that matter). I would prefer the arena to Jones Beach. If they do a spring tour, will be interesting to see how things pan out between a stop there and MSG. I would prefer an MSG stop always. They should just swap out Jones during the summer tour for UBS and play MSG again during the spring but perhaps they do the opposite since they just played MSG.

Opening night for the Islanders is this Saturday, so for all intents and purposes it's complete. I have two shows planned there next month.

That said, UBS isn't something I'd see them doing during a summer tour with Jones Beach still there.

Bearclaw_ 11-16-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

The Texas shows will be packed after missing out for two years. Maybe they do all three stops again (Austin/Woodlands/Dallas)
I’ve always wanted to do the 1-2-3 Texas tour start leg. Would absolutely do it in 2022 if they went back there.

Sabres914 11-16-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallops25 (Post 18081229)
Opening night for the Islanders is this Saturday, so for all intents and purposes it's complete. I have two shows planned there next month.

That said, UBS isn't something I'd see them doing during a summer tour with Jones Beach still there.

Holy shit. Did not realize the Islanders are playing their first 13 games on the road this year!

Whiteyxc514 11-16-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ (Post 18081182)

Agreed that it would be nice if they had more of those. They could easily do three at SPAC and probably could still do three at Deer Creek like they did a few times in late 90s/early 2000s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmcniff22 11-16-2021 04:24 PM

Only stadiums they should do are Fenway and Wrigley, maybe Citi Field because it's NYC metropolitan area.

Otherwise I agree, stadiums are done.

crounsa810 11-16-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 18081153)
The 200s were getting a bit empty. It’s too bad. Montage always got a fun show with something cool thrown in there

I can only theorize that between Hershey, Scranton, and Burgettstown it was getting too expensive to fix the tour vehicles after suffering through PA roads.

Wouldn't mind seeing them play PPL Center at some point though

crounsa810 11-16-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 18081153)

Also, I’d have to imagine ticket sales were declining because wages in the general area just aren’t keeping up with cost of living for the area anymore. People have a lot less disposable income in northeastern PA, but the jobs are still the same jobs paying the same wages. That, and the crowd that would usually go to a show there seem to be moving away from the area and hitting shows in other venues. PA is a dumpster fire

MiniFlynny34 11-16-2021 05:32 PM

Alpine should be back this year, it’s been every other year with Summerfest/Northernly for a few years now.

RiotAct 11-16-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 18081147)
So now we are back to stadiums? :lol

get the tarps ready!

georgedavis003 11-16-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcniff22 (Post 18081299)
Only stadiums they should do are Fenway and Wrigley, maybe Citi Field because it's NYC metropolitan area.

Otherwise I agree, stadiums are done.

Could absolutely see them doing some smaller stadiums in mid-size cities though. I remember Mumford and Sons doing a show out at Ogren Park in Missoula a few years back, and that was a tour in which they were selling out arenas the whole time. Something like that could make a lot of sense, Hersheypark-type venues too. Many venues began doing it during COVID, and I can imagine that those might stick around. Essentially holds the same capacity as some of the amps that they play at.

I remember that they played AutoZone Park in Memphis in 2008, which would seem like a perfect concert venue, especially with Memphis' lack of a major amphitheater in/near the city and not across the state line.

JboDaveGuyYNK 11-16-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcniff22 (Post 18080859)
Would love to see some old/ new stops in 2022:

Hartford
Camden
Santa Barbara Bowl
Hollywood Bowl
Berkeley
Chula Vista
Scranton
Utah
Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle)
UBS Arena (Long Island)

Please:multi

onesweetworld41 11-17-2021 06:27 AM

Scranton got nixed for the same reasons as Hershey. Lowering attendance and too close to other areas the band hits with regularity. Hershey is a shithole but was always a close option for me to sneak an extra show in (but that's within range of DC or Camden) - Scranton is apparently a great venue but going there means nixing a Holmdel or Jones Beach.

Cscottrun 11-17-2021 07:08 AM

Hartford needs to come back.

Would rather them just nix Holmdel and Jones Beach all together and play two nights at MSG each summer (and then another two nights at Camden way before or way after to space things out).

If they do a spring tour, definitely would like to see Vegas back.

lavillasean 11-17-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18081555)
Hartford needs to come back.

Would rather them just nix Holmdel and Jones Beach all together and play two nights at MSG each summer (and then another two nights at Camden way before or way after to space things out).

If they do a spring tour, definitely would like to see Vegas back.

when was the last full band show in vegas? I know they did D&T a few times but seems like a full band show was about 10 years ago? Maybe I am not remembering

DoDaFoo 11-17-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavillasean (Post 18081581)
when was the last full band show in vegas? I know they did D&T a few times but seems like a full band show was about 10 years ago? Maybe I am not remembering

2020, but it was at a small venue.

jmcniff22 11-17-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

About 2 weeks before the country shut down in March 2020.

Cscottrun 11-17-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

They played the Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan in February of 2020 as a sort of warm up show of sorts for Innings Festival the next night.

Really great show with some rarities and old songs coming back. Dave's voice was great, the crowd was great and the band was tight. Hoping that if they do release a recent show soon, it will be the Vegas show.

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...162&where=2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7Z0zd5k6Q

DaWarehouse418 11-17-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 18081018)

Miss this venue so much. It may be my favorite.

jmcniff22 11-17-2021 12:06 PM

2012 Scranton is one of my favorite shows. Band was on FIRE and man the crowd was awesome. One of my favorite mid-set Ants too.

Jane in the encore was an awesome surprise too.

snake911 11-17-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw (Post 18080851)
I'd love for there to be a SF Bay Area stop. Hopefully the Greek for 2-3 nights.

Yes please!