Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 02-26-2018 07:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Brohan, my internet is broken. Can you post the Metro standings for me?

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16998933)
How about those ex 3rd place in the Metro Flyers!! Wooo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex 3rd place Flyers

*hits upgrade button on keyboard*

first place Flyers.

much better.

Roose13 02-26-2018 07:37 PM

How bout them motha fuckin first-place Flyers, Brohan?!

kev87lads 02-26-2018 08:01 PM

Flyers won again.

dmbetc 02-26-2018 09:10 PM

Torts, probably: You have zero cups, get outta here! https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...C1&sh=7c27f5b6

barbogast 02-27-2018 04:51 AM

Well the good news is the Caps may only have to wait until round 1 to get eliminated by the Pens this year

TMoore4075 02-27-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 17028046)
This deadline was awesome.

Can’t believe the McD went for so cheap. Rags should have got so much more for him. But, still not an awful deal for them. Good for Rags, amazing deal for TB.

Tatar was the most overpriced, IMO. Wings crushed that deal.

These playoffs are going to be insane. I can’t wait to watch as a casual observer.

He's so inconsistent it's frustrating. Watch he goes on and becomes awesome there...but as of now, he'll go 2 weeks without a goal score a couple, a week off, score, 2 weeks off. But 5.3mil per for 3 years off the book so that's awesome. This is how you rebuild.

Chumlee67 02-27-2018 05:46 AM

Flyers, man, woooooooow

jrkarger 02-27-2018 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17028100)
Well the good news is the Caps may only have to wait until round 1 to get eliminated by the Pens this year

Beat me to it!

:lol

aeroshady 02-27-2018 07:23 AM

Huge deadline for the Rangers. I was traveling back from Calgary when it all went down. What a way to land and open the news up! The future is ahead of us now. Here is to several years of rebuilding and staying positive about a youth movement!

aeroshady 02-27-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17027782)
Rangers got completely hosed.

:lol Nice take there buddy. Literally no one on our side believes that. I think the Rangers nailed this deadline considering what they were trying to do. People forget that we already had some good prospects coming up in Lias Andersson. Not to mention the good players that are left over from the fire sale.

Now they have 3 first round picks, 3 second round picks and 2 third round picks just in this years draft alone. Not to mention the other young players they got in return.

Hardly "hosed." Tampa Bay has essentially put together a Rangers team that has already failed to win a cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17027781)
Man that NYR/TB trade is a monster deal

Yup! Game changer. Also makes the Atlantic very interesting for the playoffs this year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17027830)
i know Nash isn't the same player as he was a few years ago, but neither is Krejci. The bruins are really hoping him and Krejci can boost each other similar to when iginla was on that line. It'll be interesting to see what the line looks like after couple weeks of practice/games

I think Nash is the same player. His salary raised expectations, but he has stayed mostly consistent since joining NY. He was never the big 40+ goal scorer here. If you know what you bought, Nash is a great player to add. If you think you are buying an elite goal scorer, you made a mistake. He will do great in Boston.

TheLastPig 02-27-2018 07:36 AM

If the Rangers are serious about a rebuild then Lundqvist needs moved in the offseason.

Letting a 36 year old goaltender dictate staying during a rebuild is laughably stupid.

Dramageek 02-27-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17028283)
If the Rangers are serious about a rebuild then Lundqvist needs moved in the offseason.

Letting a 36 year old goaltender dictate staying during a rebuild is laughably stupid.

Shouldn’t he be trying to Ray Borque his way to a Cup?

aeroshady 02-27-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17028283)

Letting a 35 year old goaltender dictate staying during a rebuild is laughably stupid.

Hands are tied man. The guy has a full no-trade and declined to be moved. Keep in mind, he has 3 more years over 8+mil hit to the cap. It is going to be very difficult to find a team willing to take that salary for someone turning 36 this year. NY would need to probably absorb 50-60 % of that to move him, and why would they do that?

Even if they did, Hank loves living in NYC and doesn't want to move away from the team. Can't blame him for that and if he really would rather stay a Ranger instead of having a chance at a Cup, I think the fans, organization and coaches owe him that right for what he has done. Would getting a return in the form of 1st and 2nd round picks for him be great....sure it would! That said, I think we did pretty well to with the moves made so far.

TheLastPig 02-27-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17028290)
Hands are tied man. The guy has a full no-trade and declined to be moved. Keep in mind, he has 3 more years over 8+mil hit to the cap. It is going to be very difficult to find a team willing to take that salary for someone turning 36 this year. NY would need to probably absorb 50-60 % of that to move him, and why would they do that?

Even if they did, Hank loves living in NYC and doesn't want to move away from the team. Can't blame him for that and if he really would rather stay a Ranger instead of having a chance at a Cup, I think the fans, organization and coaches owe him that right for what he has done. Would getting a return in the form of 1st and 2nd round picks for him be great....sure it would! That said, I think we did pretty well to with the moves made so far.

The FO needs to convince him for the better of the organization. The guy deserves more cup runs too.

Wouldnt absorbing half his salary and getting a great return for it be more worthwhile then watching him wither away behind a bad team and paying that 8+ mil each of those years?

I mean knowing who he is I can see him being extremely stubborn but it just feels odd to me that he wouldnt want a couple more runs at it.

bradshaw06 02-27-2018 07:48 AM

Tampas D looks very good.

Love the Hornqvist extension. Heart and soul guy.

aeroshady 02-27-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17028295)
The FO needs to convince him for the better of the organization. The guy deserves more cup runs too.

Wouldnt absorbing half his salary and getting a great return for it be more worthwhile then watching him wither away behind a bad team and paying that 8+ mil each of those years?

I mean knowing who he is I can see him being extremely stubborn but it just feels odd to me that he wouldnt want a couple more runs at it.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying. As a huge fan of his, I want him to go chase a cup too! I would probably have tears in my eyes if that man ever raised a cup.

All of that said, the front office did ask him to consider it. They even sat him the last two games before the deadline. Hank just wants to stay in NY. He loves the team and the organization and doesn't seem to have any want to leave for greener pastures. If that is his decision than I will fully support him. I will never be upset with seeing Hank in a Rangers uni!

aeroshady 02-27-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17028300)
Tampas D looks very good.

Love the Hornqvist extension. Heart and soul guy.

MacDonough and Girardi would scare me if they had to be my teams top D pair again. That said, what an insane second pairing.

Tampa has all the pieces in place to make a strong run. The question remains on if the players they got from the Rangers still have a long run left in them. Is there anything left in the tank? I know last year Girardi sure looked gassed by the time the second round came.

TMoore4075 02-27-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17028301)
I don't disagree with anything you are saying. As a huge fan of his, I want him to go chase a cup too! I would probably have tears in my eyes if that man ever raised a cup.

All of that said, the front office did ask him to consider it. They even sat him the last two games before the deadline. Hank just wants to stay in NY. He loves the team and the organization and doesn't seem to have any want to leave for greener pastures. If that is his decision than I will fully support him. I will never be upset with seeing Hank in a Rangers uni!

Yeah it's his right. He has the NMC then he dictates it. I can't imagine what the cost would be. Probably not a lot because of his age and they'd have to eat like half his salary. Then does that really benefit the team if they have to do that?

fonzz41 02-27-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17028280)
:lol Nice take there buddy. Literally no one on our side believes that. I think the Rangers nailed this deadline considering what they were trying to do. People forget that we already had some good prospects coming up in Lias Andersson. Not to mention the good players that are left over from the fire sale.

Now they have 3 first round picks, 3 second round picks and 2 third round picks just in this years draft alone. Not to mention the other young players they got in return.

Hardly "hosed." Tampa Bay has essentially put together a Rangers team that has already failed to win a cup.

What I admire about the Rangers in all of this is they aren't half-assing this rebuild thing. Some teams say they are "rebuilding", but then still go out and sign some overpriced veteran FA in the summer and hold on to some bad contracts because they are "team leaders" or whatever. The Rangers? Man, they just put on a clinic for what rebuilding looks like: got younger, compiled a mountain of draft picks, and jettisoned old legs. Good on them. :thumbsup

TMoore4075 02-27-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17028351)
What I admire about the Rangers in all of this is they aren't half-assing this rebuild thing. Some teams say they are "rebuilding", but then still go out and sign some overpriced veteran FA in the summer and hold on to some bad contracts because they are "team leaders" or whatever. The Rangers? Man, they just put on a clinic for what rebuilding looks like: got younger, compiled a mountain of draft picks, and jettisoned old legs. Good on them. :thumbsup

Stop talking about my Wings....oh.

pathetic 02-27-2018 08:53 AM

bergeron out at least 2wks with fractured foot. will be evaluated in 2wks

Chumlee67 02-27-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17028392)
bergeron out at least 2wks with fractured foot. will be evaluated in 2wks

Not good with how intense the schedule is coming up

fonzz41 02-27-2018 09:06 AM

Bummed to see him down and out. That guy is a hidden fantasy hockey monster for me. Not only is he racking up points this year, but he contributes across the stat line. Goals, assists, +/-, Face-off wins, hits, blocks. Some guys get me a bunch of goals, some a bunch of assists, but Bergy is across the board solid.

rickyh24 02-27-2018 09:07 AM

Clearly I cursed the bruins by jumping on the nhl center ice reduced rate two nights ago.

Chumlee67 02-27-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17028406)
Bummed to see him down and out. That guy is a hidden fantasy hockey monster for me. Not only is he racking up points this year, but he contributes across the stat line. Goals, assists, +/-, Face-off wins, hits, blocks. Some guys get me a bunch of goals, some a bunch of assists, but Bergy is across the board solid.

Has been the case for a while, but he has been putting up more points recently. I bet you've enjoyed the hat tricks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17028408)
Clearly I cursed the bruins by jumping on the nhl center ice reduced rate two nights ago.

You s.o.b.!

fonzz41 02-27-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17028419)
Has been the case for a while, but he has been putting up more points recently. I bet you've enjoyed the hat tricks!

I've always admired him from afar and noted all the little things he did well, but yeah it really sunk in when I picked him up in fantasy this year.

dmbetc 02-27-2018 09:39 AM

Season winning game last night for the Kings against Vegas. Rematch tonight.

TMoore4075 02-27-2018 09:47 AM

Oh btw thanks Flyers, keep it up. 3rd round pick on the line for my team.

kev87lads 02-27-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17028466)
Oh btw thanks Flyers, keep it up. 3rd round pick on the line for my team.

Not a problem. I had no idea Mrazak had those nice shootout stats.