Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

K3nTaKa0s 05-23-2017 06:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Apparently, I have a poor understanding of goalie interference.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 06:30 PM

Worst goalie interference call I've ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roose13 05-23-2017 06:31 PM

Yeeeaaaaaa, that's not goalie interference.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 06:32 PM

What's Daley supposed to do there? Stop fighting for the puck? But that one counts!!

barbogast 05-23-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797197)
I loved the Mighty Ducks when Kariya and Selanne were there. Now they are a bunch of dicks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797269)
They aren't dicks they are ducks

Clearly a typo

The Mighty Dicks of Anaheim

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 07:02 PM

Some bull going on

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 07:09 PM

Lots of scrappy play in front of the net there. I don't understand how there isn't something called there. Ottawa defense isn't even looking at the puck. They're just dropping on players.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 07:11 PM

Methot was sitting on Crosby. Ah well, Pens still playing very well. I feel like that second (technically third) goal is coming.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 07:15 PM

U can get elbowed in the face or tackle a guy and get nothing called, but fight for a puck legally gets a goal called back for goalie interference

This league is shit

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 07:27 PM

All i can do is shake my head. Such garbage.

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 07:47 PM

Methot is such a goon :lol

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 08:00 PM

Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

Dramageek 05-23-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797441)
Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 08:09 PM

The refs have their fingerprints all over that game

And I never blame the refs for games, but that was blatantly impacted by bad and missed calls

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797443)
They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.

To expand on my thought process, game 7 can really go either way. So, I'm hopeful that they fucking show up and don't shit the bed. It was a comment not related to their performance tonight particularly

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797297)
Worst goalie interference call I've ever seen

Yeah, that was a bad call IMO, looked good to me but this past few months I have decided that goalie interference is the most subjective call possible. Half the time I think it is good and am wrong and the other half I think it should be waved away and it stands. I think that Ducks/Preds game the other night had 3 called back and only one of the calls I agreed with.

Wow though, what a great game. Pittsburgh played a better game but did not cash in some chances they should have slammed home. I give Ottawa a lot of credit for bouncing back after getting killed Sunday and going down 1-0 tonight and coming back to win. Credit to Pittsburgh and Murray as well, they played solid despite their D men resembling a MASH recovery ward, carried a lot of the pace but just could not solve Anderson. Great game all around, hope game 7 is as much fun to watch. Lastly, holy damn that GWG was a bomb, not a damn thing ANY goalie could have done anything about.

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:19 PM

Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16797466)
Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.

Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 08:25 PM

Any other game in any circumstance that does not get called back. Classic reffing the score/ series there.

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797477)
Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

Oh I agree completely, that was a bad call. My point was that once the play was blown dead and Pittsburgh was credited with the goal Daley slammed his stick into Anderson's pad and that may have been what straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Refs have been pretty inconsistent on those type of calls, it annoys me as a fan. I also agree Crosby was hit quite hard and quite often. A little consistency by the refs would be helpful. Last night Nick Richie got a game misconduct in the first period for boarding and was out for the rest of the game - in the second period Salomaki did the exact same thing to a Duck (forget which one) yet only got a two minute minor. Officiating has not been all that solid this postseason.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:33 PM

https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.

Not really concerned about the game 7.

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 08:45 PM

Love that the league protects its stars.

Instead the let other factors dictate what they call.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797493)

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.

It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

fonzz41 05-23-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

#GarageLeague

:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

It's times like this when I'm willing to give Crosby a pass when he whines.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797507)
It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

Agreed with all of this.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)
:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

Ref literally like falling over both of them as it's going on too. Incredible.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)

Whine? Here we go...

fonzz41 05-23-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

Complains? Bitches?

and don't worry, I'm not taking this in the standard "Crysby" direction. You know I'm a fan.

dmbetc 05-23-2017 11:15 PM

Nice little fact https://twitter.com/tsn_wally/status/867225680777539584

Quote:

Mike Hoffman's winner was the 1st time in 11 playoff games that Erik Karlsson wasn't on the ice for the GWG.

barbogast 05-24-2017 03:14 AM

Quote:

#GarageLeague

:lol now THAT'S how you shutdown a superstar

Go Sens Go