Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

cry_minarets458 04-29-2017 04:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Second period was a shit show but man what a game

unccrombie 04-29-2017 04:11 PM

lol. I can't even

TMoore4075 04-29-2017 04:27 PM

Series ain't over but boy Rangers.

fonzz41 04-29-2017 05:16 PM

Of course the Avs finish with the worst NHL record in years, and they're still picking 4th. :lol

TMoore4075 04-29-2017 05:17 PM

Avs and Canucks got hurt the most. Wings got the shaft but not quite as bad.

JRS1386 04-29-2017 05:19 PM

Flyers!!!!!

Roose13 04-29-2017 05:25 PM

Omfg Flyers! I'm down with the Swiss kid as our pick.

mthawk07 04-29-2017 06:07 PM

Total domination by the Caps in the first period, so of course it's 0-0.

unccrombie 04-29-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16778354)

Still better than blowing a 2 goal lead with 3:19 remaining

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16778354)

And now a shorty. Yeesh.

Edit: yay

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16778284)
*Shocked* pens/caps got the primetime game, again

Obviously this wasn't a serious post

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16778337)
Of course the Avs finish with the worst NHL record in years, and they're still picking 4th. :lol

Yeah man, fuck that. That sucks so hard. I think the draft lottery is dumb as fuck, to put it bluntly. I can understand why it's there but still. The Avs really don't deserve to be picking 4th. That's dumb.

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:37 PM

This definitely feels like the type of game where the Caps will carry play all night and eventually lose

Lcsulla 04-29-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16778304)
Well, couple thoughts -

1) I'm a little curious how Bowman is planning to create space. I honestly thought it was going to be Crawford. Panarin's contract + bonuses put him at about a $9m cap hit next year. They need to unload salary somewhere, and just Kruger won't be enough.

2) I think a 3rd rounder is a great haul for him. He's an UFA, so they just traded his negotiating rights. Pretty good to get a 3rd round pick for the negotiating rights of a backup goalie.

So, I'm conflicted. Crawford is obviously good enough to win a Cup as he's proven multiple times, but I'm just not sure where the cap space will come from...

1) No idea, Crawford is locked up pretty cheap so no sense in getting rid of him, agree on Panarin's bonuses hitting us a bit and that dumping Kruger (I think he is solid and do not wish him gone) is not putting the Hawks in a great position to reload. Oduya and Tootoo (Hayden can fill Tootoo's role and Kempny can fill Oduya's IMO) are not coming back but that doesn't make much room cap wise - hell I am not even sure it will cover Panarin's bonus.

2) Yeah, I spoke out of frustration because I like Darling and was sorry to see him go - he was a solid backup who has earned his payday and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Yeah, I too have no clue how we can free up cap space (I think well over half our cap room is tied up in Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmasson, Crawford and Panarin) so we are going to struggle unless guys take pay cuts to play in Chicago. I wish they'd increase the cap or at least have an MLB type system of fines if you go over it. Lastly, after the season he had I have no desire to lose Panik but don't really see how we could afford him and stay under the damn cap.

Lcsulla 04-29-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16778363)
This definitely feels like the type of game where the Caps will carry play all night and eventually lose

If I were a betting person I would wager that tonight is the night the Caps will flex their muscles, pour it on, avoid dumb penalties and win to even the series.

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16778368)
If I were a betting person I would wager that tonight is the night the Caps will flex their muscles, pour it on, avoid dumb penalties and win to even the series.

Yeah I don't see that happening at all

Like not even a little bit

Lcsulla 04-29-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16778369)
Yeah I don't see that happening at all

Like not even a little bit

No one saw the Hawks getting swept, nor did they see the Wild getting bounced in 5 games, the Sharks getting clobbered or the Oilers having a 2 game lead over Anaheim either though. Point being strange things happen in the playoffs so making predictions is tough. I know you are used to playoff frustration but have some hope bro because this Caps team is as deep as I have ever seen.

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16778371)
No one saw the Hawks getting swept, nor did they see the Wild getting bounced in 5 games, the Sharks getting clobbered or the Oilers having a 2 game lead over Anaheim either though. Point being strange things happen in the playoffs so making predictions is tough. I know you are used to playoff frustration but have some hope bro because this Caps team is as deep as I have ever seen.

I mean

Are you watching?

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:50 PM

Holtby has been less than outstanding during these playoffs

And once again the Caps must play catch up

It's uncanny. I can't wait until someone tries to explain to me that this LOL Caps thing isn't real again.

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:55 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol

Jesus

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:56 PM

Fuck this team. God dammit. Why do I do this every year. I can't wait to see what the Caps apologists have to say about this one.

TMoore4075 04-29-2017 06:58 PM

Poor Caps.

mthawk07 04-29-2017 06:59 PM

Fuck the Caps.

barbogast 04-29-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16778368)

They flexed the fuck out of those muscles huh

lockman21 04-29-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16778366)
1) No idea, Crawford is locked up pretty cheap so no sense in getting rid of him, agree on Panarin's bonuses hitting us a bit and that dumping Kruger (I think he is solid and do not wish him gone) is not putting the Hawks in a great position to reload. Oduya and Tootoo (Hayden can fill Tootoo's role and Kempny can fill Oduya's IMO) are not coming back but that doesn't make much room cap wise - hell I am not even sure it will cover Panarin's bonus.

2) Yeah, I spoke out of frustration because I like Darling and was sorry to see him go - he was a solid backup who has earned his payday and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Yeah, I too have no clue how we can free up cap space (I think well over half our cap room is tied up in Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmasson, Crawford and Panarin) so we are going to struggle unless guys take pay cuts to play in Chicago. I wish they'd increase the cap or at least have an MLB type system of fines if you go over it. Lastly, after the season he had I have no desire to lose Panik but don't really see how we could afford him and stay under the damn cap.

Tootoo is coming back. They signed him to an extension in late February to give them minimums for the expansion draft.

With Panarin's bonus, and assuming the cap goes up to $75m, the Hawks will have about $2m in cap space. Panik is gone. Oduya is gone. The only reason I thought it might be Crawford is because he's the only major contract (besides Kruger) that doesn't have a full NMC. And there was a replacement for him ready to go (Darling). Obviously Bowman felt different.

unccrombie 04-29-2017 07:01 PM

Super stoked pens caps got the primetime...

barbogast 04-29-2017 07:01 PM

Emrick just said: "it's odd how this game has changed"

Uh, Mike, you know you're calling the Caps right now, right?

This is the least surprising thing I've seen happen this playoff year. When I was listening to period 1 and heard it close down 0-0 I thought, yep. They're toast.

Again, Emrick just said, "a SHOCKING 2nd period"

Shocked? Is anyone shocked?

barbogast 04-29-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16778382)
Super stoked pens caps got the primetime...

If you're seriously griping about this then I don't know what to tell you

The Rangers are playing against a team from Canada that plays in a town that no one gives a fuck about

unccrombie 04-29-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16778384)
If you're seriously griping about this then I don't know what to tell you

The Rangers are playing against a team from Canada that plays in a town that no one gives a fuck about

The Capitol of Canada.

I'm just trolling though, dude.

lockman21 04-29-2017 07:05 PM

OMG Avs...

Draft lottery summary -

https://streamable.com/gly1z

barbogast 04-29-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16778387)
The Capitol of Canada.

I'm just trolling though, dude.

I figured. And capitol or not, no one gives a fuck about Ottawa. Not at NBC anyway.