Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Climb2safety 04-06-2017 10:40 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Giroux is a career -1

rickyh24 04-06-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16761393)
Marchand is a repeat offender though.

That's fine but when you let other players do the same thing and let it slide how do they ever become "repeat offenders"?

Climb2safety 04-06-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16761396)
That's fine but when you let other players do the same thing and let it slide how do they ever become "repeat offenders"?

Your premise is false therefore your questions is dumb. No disrespect intended.

Brohan_Santana 04-06-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Wut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyh24 04-06-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16761403)
Your premise is false therefore your questions is dumb. No disrespect intended.

Oh. So every player that does what Marchand did gets suspended? Is that what you are saying? If you are your statement is dumb. I'm fine with the suspension I'm just saying it's hard to become a repeat offender when you don't get punished.

Climb2safety 04-06-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16761412)
Oh. So every player that does what Marchand did gets suspended? Is that what you are saying? If you are your statement is dumb. I'm fine with the suspension I'm just saying it's hard to become a repeat offender when you don't get punished.

You made the comment, not me. Please feel free to post stats on all the uncalled penalties you're referring to.

Brohan_Santana 04-06-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

We all know the DoPS is shitty and inconsistent. But don't try and defend Marchand. That dude is a dirty as they come

rickyh24 04-06-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16761417)
You made the comment, not me. Please feel free to post stats on all the uncalled penalties you're referring to.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/03/21/...elow-the-belt/

rickyh24 04-06-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761418)
We all know the DoPS is shitty and inconsistent. But don't try and defend Marchand. That dude is a dirty as they come

Literally said I'm fine with the suspension in the post you quoted.

lockman21 04-06-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16761393)
Marchand is a repeat offender though.

Quote:

Ricky isn't wrong.

The "repeat offender" thing is so screwy. The act should either be suspendable or not. If Marchand is a repeat offender, therefore he gets punished...what about someone else who has done the same? The answer is "well, he's not a repeat offender". OK, but what if he does it 6 times? Technically on the 6th time, he's still not a repeat offender, but he's still spearing people in the fucking nuts.

Point is, a spear to the nuts either should or shouldn't be suspendable. Length can depend on repeat status, but not a suspension itself.

TheLastPig 04-06-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

I think its pretty much a given that NHL refereeing and the discipline committee are extremely inconsistent.

rickyh24 04-06-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16761423)
Ricky isn't wrong.

The "repeat offender" thing is so screwy. The act should either be suspendable or not. If Marchand is a repeat offender, therefore he gets punished...what about someone else who has done the same? The answer is "well, he's not a repeat offender". OK, but what if he does it 6 times? Technically on the 6th time, he's still not a repeat offender, but he's still spearing people in the fucking nuts.

Point is, a spear to the nuts either should or shouldn't be suspendable. Length can depend on repeat status, but not a suspension itself.

Stop defending Marchand.

Brohan_Santana 04-06-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16761420)

We already went over this hit a couple weeks ago. And everyone in this thread turned a blind eye to it just like the NHL

rickyh24 04-06-2017 11:01 AM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761428)
We already went over this hit a couple weeks ago. And everyone in this thread turned a blind eye to it just like the NHL

Ok....that's my point though. Crosby should be a "repeat offender" but he's not. So if he does this again what happens?

lockman21 04-06-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16761420)

It's not just Crosby. Ott speared someone. Luccic speared someone. Thornton has speared like 8 people.

rickyh24 04-06-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16761433)
It's not just Crosby. Ott speared someone. Luccic speared someone. Thornton has speared like 8 people.

I never said it was just Crosby.

lockman21 04-06-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16761434)
I never said it was just Crosby.

...I know. I'm furthering your argument.

TheLastPig 04-06-2017 11:05 AM

Marchand now has 5 suspensions and 3 fines in the last 6 seasons.

Roose13 04-06-2017 11:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

In response to Brohan's conspiracy theory about us ignoring Crosby's dick shot...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16747768)
and he follows that up with a nut shot on o'reilly. :lol :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16747809)
The Sidney Crosby hat trick:

Unbelievable goal
Nut shot
Injury to one of this linemates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16750961)
This is coming from a hockey fan, not a Flyers fan, but it baffles me that Sidney Crosby does some amazing things like that one-handed goal or dominates a season, but then turns around and hits a player in the dick and lops off another's digits without any type of punishment. That's some ballsy play (no punt intended) for a guy with sensitive brain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16750974)
I dont understand how people point at Crosby and act like he is any different from any other player. Everyone does this stuff. It doesnt excuse it by any means, but there was nothing malicious about that slash at all.

Crosby has gotten cheap-shotted his entire career with the guys going without punishment.

Remember Marc Staal crosschecks to the back of his head? Ovi two handed windup slash on Sid's anke? I could go on and on.

This is an NHL problem, not a Crosby-gets-away-with-everything problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16751079)
Likely the same collection of dimwits who wrote Mariano Rivera's MLB obituary every damn year since 2001 and they always ended up looking like fools, just like the people writing about Murray who probably know beans about hockey.

I am a hockey fan too but I do not believe Crosby deserves disciplinary action because I do not think he was trying to injure him last night. Spearing, slashing, hooking, boarding, etc, etc are all part of the game (we all know players try and get away with anything they can) but unless there is some personal bad blood the intent is not to injure - sometimes your stick just hits a guy in the wrong place. It is a contact sport where dudes whack at each other with large sticks, injuries are bound to happen at times but that does not mean a player intentionally tried to hurt an opposing player - the days or Tie Domi and Bob Probert are gone

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16751085)
I understand what you're saying, but we've all chatted about this before. Supplemental discipline should be based on the infraction, not what the intention was going into the infraction. Most guys don't mean to hurt players, like you said, but can be careless in the way they go about things. Supplemental discipline is meant to inject a healthy amount of fear of consequence into physical play, with the hope that guys will still play the game physically, but safely.

Full disclosure, I have not watched either of the Crosby infractions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16751092)
1st one was uncalled for, maybe deserved a fine...might've been 1 game for a repeat offender but doubtful

2nd one was a 2:00 minute slashing penalty...that's it. nothing more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16751097)
I don't buy the "Well the league lets this stuff go so Crosby (or anyone) just does what other guys do." Why doesn't Crosby go to the league and the PA and say lets fix this? This is something that needs to be addrssed. He's supposed to be the face of the league right? And other guys can do it too but speak up, don't just add to to the mess. And don't give me this is Crosby defending himself or some shit either. He speared a dude in the nuts and then later got the smack to the face with the high-stick. Crosby has done it plenty of times where he starts the shit and then when he gets crap back looks at the ref "What did I do?" The big name players could have a huge say if they spoke up but they're not so they are just as much of the problem as the league. And I doubt the players ever would step up because it could mean longer suspensions for them or their teammates. They don't want that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16751102)
it's not Crosby's responsibility to fix the league

also, Crosby has spoken out about it in the past and you know what happened? he got labeled a whiner and nothing changed

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16751114)
That's why I said other players too. The players are the one playing this game and if they are the one's in danger, they need to speak up. Not just Crosby. You say the league is garage league but if the players sit back and are silent is it ever gonna change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16751133)
whenever the players have spoken up in recent years, on whatever the issue, there are only a few things that happen:

1. they get labeled whiners or cry babies

2. the owners lockout the players and we lose games, full seasons sometimes

3. nothing. nothing happens

And then.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16751532)
Thank god someone said this...jesus f Christ. This fucker (This maple leaf mofo savor, slashed someone in the balls and slashed someone to take a finger off) AND STILL DIDNT GET PENALIZED?!?!? But I'm sure Don Cherry wears some dips hit colors and the Canadian hockey gods bow down to whatever...Fuck that

Brohan_Santana 04-06-2017 11:13 AM

Roose I think you made my point. We are the only ones who thought he should be disciplined

hailtopitt 04-06-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761428)

this isn't even close to the truth

TheLastPig 04-06-2017 11:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16761441)
In response to Brohan's conspiracy theory about us ignoring Crosby's dick shot...

epic multi-quote :lol

TheLastPig 04-06-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761444)
Roose I think you made my point. We are the only ones who thought he should be disciplined

You said "everyone in this thread turned a blind eye to it"

So no, that isnt proving your point

Brohan_Santana 04-06-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16761448)

Sorry, everyone defended Crosby and blamed the NHL. Happy?

hailtopitt 04-06-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761453)
Sorry, everyone defended Crosby and blamed the NHL. Happy?

who defended Crosby?

wrong again, bud

rickyh24 04-06-2017 11:18 AM

Glad some people get my false dumb premise.

pathetic 04-06-2017 11:18 AM

like Ricky said, what marchand did was dumb, and he has a track record of it so he deserves what he got. Crosby did the same thing, but doesn't have a track record because it's never documented. how about a small fine just so it's on the record?

Roose13 04-06-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16761444)

No I didn't. You said "turned a blind eye" when clearly we had a discussion about it that very much resembles the Marchand discussion we're having now.

fonzz41 04-06-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16761436)
...I know. I'm furthering your argument.

Even when we agree he still gets defensive! :lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16761448)

And I think I had another one as well after I watched the incident. I was down with suspension.

I love playoff time in this thread :lol

hailtopitt 04-06-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 16761458)
like Ricky said, what marchand did was dumb, and he has a track record of it so he deserves what he got. Crosby did the same thing, but doesn't have a track record because it's never documented. how about a small fine just so it's on the record?

edit: nvm i misunderstood