Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 04-26-2016 05:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389603)
All the guys he mentioned are still active, unless you meant still playing as in their team is not eliminated yet, in which case Reaves is appropriate considering the Blues are still playing.

Also, PK Subban should have warranted a note I think.

Yeah I meant in the playoffs, and I was just an idiot about Reaves. Whoops. And yeah, PK and big Buff definitely warranted mention.

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 05:12 PM

Lastly, between the NHL and MLB playoff format I have watched my teams (Yankees and Hawks - plus earlier the Whalers) play in a lot of game 7's and I think that is only the fifth I have seen them loose. Yanks lost a WS game seven in 2001 and a loss in the 2004 ALCS while the Hawks lost to Vancouver in 09, LA in 2013 and last night. That is just off the top of my head (their could be more) so it means my teams have either clinched during an earlier game or not made a game 7 at all. Not sure what all that means but when it comes to excitement game 7's are about the best thing in sports shy of a World Cup Final IMO.

mthawk07 04-26-2016 06:17 PM

About to pick up some nosebleeds for $50 each for Game 1 in Tampa tomorrow. I love living in a non-hockey town. :lol

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16389607)
Yeah I meant in the playoffs, and I was just an idiot about Reaves. Whoops. And yeah, PK and big Buff definitely warranted mention.

No worries at all, done it myself. Plenty of times we chat in here and I don't bother to look things up or phrase something wrong and end missing something because I just type before checking. Only difference is that as a mod my mistakes or overlooking something cause people to pile on something I said spur of the moment. :)

jcc522 04-26-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389318)
Since I do not speak moron I have no idea what LIT means. Anyone care to translate?

Lit, on fire

~Crashintome89~ 04-26-2016 10:23 PM

Brohan, are you seeing Pearl Jam in Philly?

Roose13 04-27-2016 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389331)
Thanks, I am not up on the newest phrases these days. So basically if you translate it to proper Canadian it means 'fun and exciting.'

Fixed for accuracy

Roose13 04-27-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16389541)
Good for Schenn. He deserved that

Yea I'm fine with that. Again, Schenn isn't a dirty player but he was overly emotional all series and a bit out of control. Screw the past. Bad hits = suspension in my eyes.

Brohan_Santana 04-27-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16389998)
Brohan, are you seeing Pearl Jam in Philly?

I shall be in Phillie on Thursday for my first PJ concert

aeroshady 04-27-2016 06:26 AM

Come on Smashville! Really want the Preds to move on!

~Crashintome89~ 04-27-2016 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16390051)
Yea I'm fine with that. Again, Schenn isn't a dirty player but he was overly emotional all series and a bit out of control. Screw the past. Bad hits = suspension in my eyes.

The Oshie hit was anything but dirty. I can't believe he got three games for that.

barbogast 04-27-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16390121)
The Oshie hit was anything but dirty. I can't believe he got three games for that.

All he did was, ya know, leap into the man's head. No problem there at all.

jrkarger 04-27-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Of course you can't. Oshie had it coming right?

unccrombie 04-27-2016 07:07 AM

I bet TJ was like, "Oshit"

unccrombie 04-27-2016 07:07 AM

:: takes seat in corner with dunce cap ::

barbogast 04-27-2016 07:26 AM

:lol :lol crombie

hailtopitt 04-27-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16390173)

:lol this guy

Dramageek 04-27-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16390174)

:lol Nicely done.

fonzz41 04-27-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16390174)

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I'm sitting on a conference call and just got called out for chuckling. Forgot to go on mute.

Lcsulla 04-27-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16390051)

I do not think he is a dirty player either but he does take stupid penalties as opposed to smart ones, stupid penalties do not help your team whereas smart ones often help your team (especially if you have a good PK unit) like interference or holding to prevent an odd man rush or a breakaway.

Couple other things:

I hope the Ducks get knocked out tonight

Apparently the 'experts' at espn have realized that this Blues team is better than most thought - 8 out of 10 of them picked them over the Stars - I tend to agree. St. Louis is going to pick that defense apart and I expect Elliot to be on top of his game as usual.

Dallas may have made the biggest blunder in the playoffs by starting Seguin for a game in the first round, now he is likely going to miss the series against the Blues.

Sucks that Stamkos is not going to play in the series against the Islanders - at least that is what TB is saying for now. Besides the Penguins/Capitals series this one is going to be one of the most interesting.

No one is really giving San Jose their due. That is a good damn team and I expect they will beat whomever comes out of the Dallas/St. Louis series.

Go Caps!

Curious how the additional pressure of round 2 will effect Drouin.

I hope that guy who just realized white people have been hiding hockey from black continues to tweet, I do not have a twitter account so if anyone sees him making comments please post em! :lol

Enough about how the NHL needs to get a broader audience by shrinking the goalie gear, it is stupid and dangerous. Yeah, it may result in a couple extra goals per game (and likely some more highlight reel saves )but does any real hockey fan give a damn what the final score is? Personally I have no issue with low scoring games.

Hopefully Stralman will return at some point soon to help the Bolts. That would be a huge boost for them going foreword.

Lcsulla 04-27-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16390046)
Fixed for accuracy

Outside of Quebec they generally speak English in Canada!

Quote:

Well played, probably the natural reaction of anyone who has been on the receiving end of a hit like that. Personally I'd have said 'OFuck' but that is a preference thing.

Dramageek 04-27-2016 08:58 AM

Godammit Connor Sheary not practicing today! :BANG

hailtopitt 04-27-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16390373)
Godammit Connor Sheary not practicing today! :BANG

could be a maintenance day

fingers crossed...

Lcsulla 04-27-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16390376)
could be a maintenance day

fingers crossed...

I hope so too. The kid is one of this years young crop who has the potential to be an impact player like McDavid, Panarin, Larkin, Gostisbehere, Eichel, Gibson and Domi.

Also, Eric Fehr will be back on familiar ice tomorrow after playing 10 seasons in Washington before being moved to Pittsburgh.

Edit: should have added Parayko to the list of potential impact players who started their NHL career's this season. Also curious if Trevor van Riemsdyk gets any votes, he is eligible for the Calder and had a damn solid season.

Brohan_Santana 04-27-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Hit wasn't clean, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 games was including all the other stuff he did that series

hailtopitt 04-27-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16390412)
I hope so too. The kid is one of this years young crop who has the potential to be an impact player like McDavid, Panarin, Larkin, Gostisbehere, Eichel, Gibson and Domi.

Also, Eric Fehr will be back on familiar ice tomorrow after playing 10 seasons in Washington before being moved to Pittsburgh.

Edit: should have added Parayko to the list of potential impact players who started their NHL career's this season. Also curious if Trevor van Riemsdyk gets any votes, he is eligible for the Calder and had a damn solid season.

The Penguins obviously agree because they gave extensions to all of the young guys they brought up

crazy how 6 months ago the narrative was that the Penguins had no forward talent in the pipeline and now they're flush with it

sometimes all you have to do is give some young kids a chance and they grab the bull by the horns

Lcsulla 04-27-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16390444)
The Penguins obviously agree because they gave extensions to all of the young guys they brought up

crazy how 6 months ago the narrative was that the Penguins had no forward talent in the pipeline and now they're flush with it

sometimes all you have to do is give some young kids a chance and they grab the bull by the horns

Agreed. I would take him in a heartbeat when his contract expires after next season. Another year of experience and I would not have any issue slotting him in on the Toews line alongside whomever is playing the opposite wing, Hossa is getting up there in age and I highly doubt that Chicago can somehow keep Ladd without shedding a lot of role player type guys - all of whom are necessary at times.

hailtopitt 04-27-2016 10:07 AM

yep, Sheary went from AHL afterthought, to AHL leading scorer, to nice NHL 3rd liner, to scoring HUGE goals in the playoffs on Sidney Crosby's wing

quite the whirlwind in the last few months for Sheary...so happy for him, such a hard worker and from what i hear, just a great kid all around

Roose13 04-27-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16390368)
Outside of Quebec they generally speak English in Canada!

http://i.imgur.com/fB19z.gif

fonzz41 04-27-2016 10:40 AM

The Schenn hit was definitely illegal. Leaves feet to jump into the hit, PPoC was head. As an official, I would be OK giving him a game misconduct because of those two factors.

EDIT: My official "ref" call would've been 5 mins for Charging and a Game Misconduct.

Now, why he got suspended 3 games while Orlov got 1? Eh, you guys are tired of me talking about that so I'll just shut up.