Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 06-30-2015 06:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

I'm going to put it on record that Dustin Brown has a record year next season. He is in the best shape of his life right now, he is ready to go.

DMBZeppelin 06-30-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16035618)
Not sure where Anisimov fits.

Bowman says they've wanted him for a while, already close to an extension, and he's going to be the 2nd line center for years to come. Says he and Toews will make a great one-two punch.

TMoore4075 06-30-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16035734)
Bowman says they've wanted him for a while, already close to an extension, and he's going to be the 2nd line center for years to come. Says he and Toews will make a great one-two punch.

Yup, all this.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

TMoore4075 06-30-2015 06:40 PM

http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona...der-new-owner/

While this makes sense in many ways but...don't believe it. NHL would not announce the Coyotes are leaving with A YEAR to go on Glendale. 10 people will show up.

Climb2safety 06-30-2015 07:05 PM

Is the nhl ticket class action anything important?

salrx95 06-30-2015 07:06 PM

Thoughts on the day's events.

-Feel bad for my wife's best friend's husband. He just got a Saad jersey for the parade a couple of weeks ago. Now it's mostly useless.

-Stars have 10.4 million tied up now in 2 good but sometimes up an down goalies. Do they think the Finnish in them will push each other to greatness?

-So Richards Richards was supposedly stopped at the Canadian Border due to him having some oxycodone. He wasn't charged with any crime, yet his contract was terminated.
Trying to figure out how Voynov was arrested for beating his wife, yet his contract was not terminated. Can you say Cap Circumvention

-Islanders signed/extended Anders Lee for 4 years. You know you can't spell Islanders without Anders!!!

aeroshady 06-30-2015 08:36 PM

^ Buddy of mine got a Jason Arnott Devils jersey 2 1/2 hours before he was traded :lol

~Crashintome89~ 06-30-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16035727)
I'm going to put it on record that Dustin Brown has a record year next season. He is in the best shape of his life right now, he is ready to go.

He's going to have to.

kings players falling like flies.

fonzz41 06-30-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16035787)
http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona...der-new-owner/

While this makes sense in many ways but...don't believe it. NHL would not announce the Coyotes are leaving with A YEAR to go on Glendale. 10 people will show up.

Bill Daly came out saying this was the worst, most irresponsible, andridiculous article he's ever seen.

dmbetc 06-30-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16036160)
He's going to have to.

kings players falling like flies.

https://twitter.com/theroyalhalf/sta...16598647074817

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine http://theroyalhalf.com/wp-content/u...PerryTears.gif

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16036197)
Bill Daly came out saying this was the worst, most irresponsible, andridiculous article he's ever seen.

Yeah saw that just after it was posted. Why do places like this post it if the NHL is denying it so much? Page hits? I figured it wasn't true, or at least no way they announce that now, but amazing a place posts it with the top of the NHL people and Coyotes saying no. Of course, NHL would deny it if it was true but I don't see why you post that story now when you know they wouldn't come close to announcing it for months if it were true.

Less than 6 hours.

lockman21 07-01-2015 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 16035440)
Columbus already said they'll match it

You're missing the point.

We can then see exactly where the market for Saad was, and what he exactly was willing to sign for from these teams supposedly knocking at his door.

The fire that's going to come from Chicago fans if it's anywhere around $5m AAV will be ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16035734)

Yeah, he's been in the rumor mill for a little bit, but I just don't see it. Bad faceoff guy, constantly underperforming.

People always say "put him with Kane and watch how good he'll be." Yet, history tells us that's not true. Centers usually struggle with Kane for quite some time. Look no further than last year with Richards and Vermette. It took Richards almost 6-7 months to really get used to playing with Kane, and Vermette never looked good with him.

I just don't see the fit. I think he's more of a 3rd line center, but I've been wrong before.

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 05:05 AM

So Pens fans, Semin gonna be your winger option today?

Hoping Wings are able to do something but again Green I worry about injuries and Franson would be nice but I'm guessing he'll get more money than he's worth.

Tiduwho 07-01-2015 05:10 AM

Really bummed about Saad.

barbogast 07-01-2015 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16036276)

Hoping Wings are able to do something but again Green I worry about injuries and Franson would be nice but I'm guessing he'll get more money than he's worth.

I'm kinda worried the Caps might get some wild idea in their heads about Semin...

hailtopitt 07-01-2015 05:25 AM

Quote:

:lol oh christ i hope not

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16036296)
I'm kinda worried the Caps might get some wild idea in their heads about Semin...

He'll get some term that I don't think the Caps would want to do. I always like when someone gets bought out so many people say "with that buyout, he'll take less money to go somewhere." And yet that's almost never true, cause we forget this is the NHL. I mean everyone thought Vinny would do that when TBL bought him out and....well Flyers fans know. THANKFULLY Wings won't do it. With all the RFA's and if Franzen comes back, they have 14 fowards so...thank god.

barbogast 07-01-2015 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16036312)
He'll get some term that I don't think the Caps would want to do. I always like when someone gets bought out so many people say "with that buyout, he'll take less money to go somewhere." And yet that's almost never true, cause we forget this is the NHL. I mean everyone thought Vinny would do that when TBL bought him out and....well Flyers fans know. THANKFULLY Wings won't do it. With all the RFA's and if Franzen comes back, they have 14 fowards so...thank god.

Caps need a top 6 RWer, which Semin can be. There's a lot of familiarity there too obviously. True about the term, BMac isn't stupid it seems and I doubt he'd throw a long contract at Semin, but I could absolutely see them offering a "bridge" deal if we can call it that this late in his career. Whether or not Semin takes it, I don't know, I guess it depends on what else he is offered. Problem with a guy like Semin is it's no secret what he's about. Unlike with Vinny who had shown elite qualities earlier in his career, that's never happened with Semin. In fact exactly the opposite. So I think teams will be very hesitant to offer him a lot of term.

jrkarger 07-01-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Kevin Stevens

pathetic 07-01-2015 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16035600)
breaking news

:lol:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16035885)
Thoughts on the day's events.

-Feel bad for my wife's best friend's husband. He just got a Saad jersey for the parade a couple of weeks ago. Now it's mostly useless.

while that sucks, it's still a sweater of a guy that helped bring 2 cups to Chicago.

I'd still wear a Thomas, thornton and Milan lucic sweater

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 16036343)
while that sucks, it's still a sweater of a guy that helped bring 2 cups to Chicago.

Yeah it's not a Pens or Wings Marian Hossa jersey. I still don't know why anyone with either of those teams would have bought that unless he was signed to a long term deal.

DMBZeppelin 07-01-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16036263)
Yeah, he's been in the rumor mill for a little bit, but I just don't see it. Bad faceoff guy, constantly underperforming.

People always say "put him with Kane and watch how good he'll be." Yet, history tells us that's not true. Centers usually struggle with Kane for quite some time. Look no further than last year with Richards and Vermette. It took Richards almost 6-7 months to really get used to playing with Kane, and Vermette never looked good with him.

I just don't see the fit. I think he's more of a 3rd line center, but I've been wrong before.

Well this news should thrill you:

@andystrickland: Five-year extension with Artem Anisimov is completed. More details later #Blackhawks #NHLFreeAgency

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 16036343)

Despite the 2 cups in 3 full seasons people won't remember him as a Blackhawk. He's going to play a majority of his career elsewhere. Not that he can't wear it but it will suck. It really felt like he was going to be here a long time, and there wasn't any way Bowman would let him leave.

pathetic 07-01-2015 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16036360)
Well this news should thrill you:

@andystrickland: Five-year extension with Artem Anisimov is completed. More details later #Blackhawks #NHLFreeAgency

Despite the 2 cups in 3 full seasons people won't remember him as a Blackhawk. He's going to play a majority of his career elsewhere. Not that he can't wear it but it will suck. It really felt like he was going to be here a long time, and there wasn't any way Bowman would let him leave.

I suppose it would be like wearing a seguin sweater in boston now. except saad accomplished a lot more

DMBZeppelin 07-01-2015 06:18 AM

@JayZawaski670: Heard from a great source that Saad is absolutely crushed. He didn't think he'd be getting traded. Seems like a lack of comm w/ agent to me.

I actually feel really bad for Saad if that's the case. Considering what he said previously I believe it though.

~Crashintome89~ 07-01-2015 06:28 AM

please tell me I'm wrong in anything I say here:

Everyone is so worried about offer sheets, or at least the threat of it--but don't offer sheets not mean anything if the player doesn't sign them? The player has to sign the offer sheet. If he doesn't, the offer sheet doesn't matter.

So in the case, let's just say there is better communication between Bowman, Saad, and Saad's agent. Let's just say Bowman goes to the two of them and says, "listen, we don't have the money to do a long-term deal with you right now. If you want to stay in Chicago, please work with us. Take a bridge deal. Give us two years to straighten out the our cap mess, and then you'll get paid. It's a win-win for each of us, and we'll win so many stanley cups."

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 06:28 AM

He didn't do know his agent was going to try and get big money and past a certain $$, the Hawks couldn't do it? Seems weird to me.

TMoore4075 07-01-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16036383)
please tell me I'm wrong in anything I say here:

Everyone is so worried about offer sheets, or at least the threat of it--but don't offer sheets not mean anything if the player doesn't sign them? The player has to sign the offer sheet. If he doesn't, the offer sheet doesn't matter.

So in the case, let's just say there is better communication between Bowman, Saad, and Saad's agent. Let's just say Bowman goes to the two of them and says, "listen, we don't have the money to do a long-term deal with you right now. If you want to stay in Chicago, please work with us. Take a bridge deal. Give us two years to straighten out the our cap mess, and then you'll get paid. It's a win-win for each of us, and we'll win so many stanley cups."

When people say an offer sheet is coming, I think they mean player is gonna sign it.

Roose13 07-01-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16036281)
Really bummed about Saad.

So is it safe to say your sad about Saad?

Rebecca De Mornay 07-01-2015 06:57 AM

the CBJ fanbase is highly uneducated.
it's what you would expect from a newish non-traditional market but geez.
lots of people ripping the FO for trading away Dano

fonzz41 07-01-2015 07:03 AM

Looking forward to an unproductive work day.