Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

unccrombie 05-04-2015 06:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15934241)
Call them both. The linesman was closer on the Orpik. Be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 different hits, big guy

Brohan_Santana 05-04-2015 06:44 PM

lol. What game you watching?

barbogast 05-04-2015 06:50 PM

I actually agree that both hits are similar. I am not surprised they were not consistently called and I'm not upset about it either. There's so much missed shit and shit that shoulda been called all the time. And it always affects both teams. Crying about refereeing is tired and pointless.

RiotAct 05-04-2015 06:59 PM

Pierre McGuire just called someone a man-child.

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:07 PM

:: exhales ::

Gonna go have a heart attack now

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 07:08 PM

Life is good, at least for the next 48 hours.

Brohan_Santana 05-04-2015 07:08 PM

Solid GD win for the Caps

jackisback24 05-04-2015 07:10 PM

Any ideas on when the Bruins/Habs Gillette tickets go on sale?

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:12 PM

can't win if you don't score goals.

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15934280)
can't win if you don't score goals.

King Holtby son!

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15934287)
King Holtby son!

eh. not really

Holtby had the save on Marty.
Hank had the stop on OV

pretty average night for both goalies

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:18 PM

Way to party poop all over a great goalie matchup. The goaltending all series has been fantastic from both guys.

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 07:20 PM

Huge props to every man for the shutout. Total commitment in the defensive zone. Great face offs, great passing in the zone, huge shot blocks. That shit just doesn't happen by itself. Caps wanted it more tonight.

Keep it up boys!

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15934291)
Way to party poop all over a great goalie matchup. The goaltending all series has been fantastic from both guys.

yeah, but that's par for them. you'll get use to it.

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15934294)
yeah, but that's par for them. you'll get use to it.

Goaltending is a beautiful art my man. Never gets old watching guys play at that level.

aeroshady 05-04-2015 07:23 PM

So I didn't get to watch the last two games. I am currently in a library studying for finals. That said, I have some thoughts...

I honestly am disappointed in the Rangers. They managed to give me false hope this season which I didn't think was possible. Once the playoffs started most of my preseason fears have come true. The offense has completely dried up. The team is 100% reliant on Hank as always....it is way past old . Not the kind of hockey I want to watch.

I complained in this very thread all offseason that the Rangers needed more size in their lineup. It was obvious to me that they lost to the Kings on size...they did nothing to fix it though...in fact they got smaller by losing B. Boyle. Now that we are in the playoffs all those issues are being exposed.

By all means the Rangers could still win this series. They were down 3-1 last year in the second round too. That said, I don't think they will. Honestly, I think Caps in 5 at this point. Even if the Rangers do come back and win this series...it is becoming clear to me that they would just get crushed by a western conference team again anyway. My biggest peeve with this team since 2011 was scoring and more recently size. If we are going to lose I want to lose 7-5 or 5-4 rather than 2-1 or 1-0.

Hawks fans have no idea how lucky they are to have that team. Wish NY played that way.

Anyway, I won't be able to watch until game 5 because I have finals until Friday. Hopefully the Rangers are still relevent at that point.

End rant. Congrats Caps fans....pretty sure you got this series unless NY has a total turn around.

Brohan_Santana 05-04-2015 07:23 PM

Matty Niskanen was the man tonight.

Also I had a mini freak out when I saw a Ranger had the puck all alone in the Caps zone. Then I was relieved when I saw it was Rick Nash :lol

mthawk07 05-04-2015 07:24 PM

Yeah Caps!

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15934298)
So I didn't get to watch the last two games. I am currently in a library studying for finals. That said, I have some thoughts...

I honestly am disappointed in the Rangers. They managed to give me false hope this season which I didn't think was possible. Once the playoffs started most of my preseason fears have come true. The offense has completely dried up. The team is 100% reliant on Hank as always....it is way past old . Not the kind of hockey I want to watch.

I complained in this very thread all offseason that the Rangers needed more size in their lineup. It was obvious to me that they lost to the Kings on size...they did nothing to fix it though...in fact they got smaller by losing B. Boyle. Now that we are in the playoffs all those issues are being exposed.

By all means the Rangers could still win this series. They were down 3-1 last year in the second round too. That said, I don't think they will. Honestly, I think Caps in 5 at this point. Even if the Rangers do come back and win this series...it is becoming clear to me that they would just get crushed by a western conference team again anyway. My biggest peeve with this team since 2011 was scoring and more recently size. If we are going to lose I want to lose 7-5 or 5-4 rather than 2-1 or 1-0.

Hawks fans have no idea how lucky they are to have that team. Wish NY played that way.

Anyway, I won't be able to watch until game 5 because I have finals until Friday. Hopefully the Rangers are still relevent at that point.

End rant. Congrats Caps fans....pretty sure you got this series unless NY has a total turn around.

disagree with like, 95% of this

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15934295)
Goaltending is a beautiful art my man. Never gets old watching guys play at that level.

i think you misunderstood.

i'm so use to Hank winning us games, it's almost laughable. because you know, we can't score...ever

edit: some days i wish we'd play Talbot and put Hank on the 3rd line winger spot...just to see if he can indeed do it all

lockman21 05-04-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15934298)

Jesus Christ, lose two games and people are ready to give up.

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15934290)
eh. not really

Holtby had the save on Marty.
Hank had the stop on OV

pretty average night for both goalies

So you think it's possible for a goalie to shut out the Rangers, in the second round, and only be average?

Come on man!

Both goalies were great. You want one epic save in a 5-4 game have at it. I'll take the goalies and hockey tonight.

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15934313)
So you think it's possible for a goalie to shut out the Rangers, in the second round, and only be average?

Come on man!

Both goalies were great. You want one epic save in a 5-4 game have at it. I'll take the goalies and hockey tonight.

tonight was hardly a game of goaltending greatness, on either side

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15934305)
disagree with like, 95% of this

I do too. It's only one game, the next game isn't even an elimination game. Series isn't even close to over yet.

Greg, keep one very important thing in mind. You are playing the Capitals. Sudden implosion is always right around the corner.

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 07:35 PM

Nash had a strong game.

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15934331)
Nash had a strong game.

Nash was great on the defense end.
Bad thing for him is that he gets paid to score

barbogast 05-04-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15934331)
Nash had a strong game.

He also had one or two botched chances where he had a pretty good look. But I would agree. His best game overall of these first 3

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15934318)
tonight was hardly a game of goaltending greatness, on either side

Probably the two best defensive units on the whole in this series too.

unccrombie 05-04-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15934339)
Probably the two best defensive units on the whole in this series too.

agreeeeeeeed.

Climb2safety 05-04-2015 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm back in Va spending time with my dad who is sick and just got a picture from my son.

God I love that kid :leroi