Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

RiotAct 04-14-2015 09:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Ryane Clowe may be done with hockey, according to Lamiorello.

bonzo48280 04-14-2015 09:51 AM

what but Milbury is still a putz. This only helps

bonzo48280 04-14-2015 10:04 AM

Kaner has said he is playing tomorrow night. Giddyup

fonzz41 04-14-2015 12:01 PM

Another entry on my growing list of reasons why Jamie Benn is one of my favorite current NHL-ers.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/st...ss-on-one-hip/

Also, one of the quietest Art Ross wins in a while?

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 12:38 PM

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-not-starting/

Awwwkward.

dmbetc 04-14-2015 12:45 PM

Suppose I should fill out my bracket

fonzz41 04-14-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15908966)

I'm glad that Jimmy recognizes (at least on the surface) that Babcock has a lot on his plate. It's the coaches job to make decisions, not to sit down each of his players and justify those decisions.

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15909014)
I'm glad that Jimmy recognizes (at least on the surface) that Babcock has a lot on his plate. It's the coaches job to make decisions, not to sit down each of his players and justify those decisions.

I kinda wish for the starting job in the playoffs the coach would have talked to him. BUT wouldn't be surprised if Babs is trying to push his buttons in case he needs him too.

lockman21 04-14-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15908881)
Another entry on my growing list of reasons why Jamie Benn is one of my favorite current NHL-ers.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/st...ss-on-one-hip/

Also, one of the quietest Art Ross wins in a while?

The way he won the Art Ross was so awesome, too. 10 points in his last three games, including a 4 point night with a hat trick in the last game of the season to take it by 1 point.

It's such a shame he and Seguin missed time this year. That tandem is going to be really, really nasty to deal with for the next couple years.

Quote:

Honestly can say I didn't see that coming in a million years. We'll see how he fares in net, but if he does even decently well, you're going to have a Vancouver situation on your hands in Detroit next year.

fonzz41 04-14-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15909021)
I kinda wish for the starting job in the playoffs the coach would have talked to him. BUT wouldn't be surprised if Babs is trying to push his buttons in case he needs him too.

Yeah, we're talking about (IMO) the best coach in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reason for pretty much everything he does. Pissing off Howard could be just the motivation Jimmy needs.

But even if not, he's still not beholden to explain his decision to another adult who's making millions of dollars to play under him. If he wants to follow a chain of command and let the decision go through a goalie coach, that's cool.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15909031)
The way he won the Art Ross was so awesome, too. 10 points in his last three games, including a 4 point night with a hat trick in the last game of the season to take it by 1 point.

It's such a shame he and Seguin missed time this year. That tandem is going to be really, really nasty to deal with for the next couple years.

Incredibly awesome duo. Excited to see them next year.

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15909031)
Honestly can say I didn't see that coming in a million years. We'll see how he fares in net, but if he does even decently well, you're going to have a Vancouver situation on your hands in Detroit next year.

I said yesterday, surprised but not. Mrazek played a little better down the stretch and the tying goal and winning goal against the Habs were pretty bad. I think that's where Howie lost it. As long as Mrazek didn't puke on himself against the Canes, it was his. I wondered if Babcock was using the Mrazek start against the Canes to push Howard but clearly that wasn't the case. It could get awkward next year, especially if Babcock is still there. Howie can still play and is young. Before the injury he was having a career year. Edmonton could use a goalie. I wouldn't send him out just yet (even if Mrazek does well) unless he asks for it. You never know how Mrazek will react in year two. I hope Jimmy doesn't take this personally. It's a business and he had every chance to take the job. Two soft goals lead to a loss in which you can't blame the team, cause that was their best overall game in 2 weeks. Use it to focus and get back at it if called up on this year, or next year.

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 01:28 PM

Can't wait for this draft lottery stuff to be over too. It's actually gotten played to death.

aeroshady 04-14-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Yup, Wings are getting swept....

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15909067)
Yup, Wings are getting swept....

Because the guy who is their backup goalie is upset? I don't deny they are probably losing, but I don't see it being a sweep. Wings played them pretty well this year.

kev87lads 04-14-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15908060)
:lol

Damn

Haha.

How's the tot?

aeroshady 04-14-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15909172)
Because the guy who is their backup goalie is upset? I don't deny they are probably losing, but I don't see it being a sweep. Wings played them pretty well this year.

I honestly think Tampa may be the team to beat in the East. I would not be surprised if it does go 4-0.

To be fair, I want the Wings to move on.

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15909212)
I honestly think Tampa may be the team to beat in the East. I would not be surprised if it does go 4-0.

To be fair, I want the Wings to move on.

No, I'm just curious as to why Howard (the backup) being upset makes you more sure of that pick? lol

aeroshady 04-14-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15909215)
No, I'm just curious as to why Howard (the backup) being upset makes you more sure of that pick? lol

Sounded like the locker room was not in great shape.

thechad90000 04-14-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15906644)
Nashville's hardcore focus on being so anti-Blackhawk is so pathetic.

I mean it's not pathetic to want less visitors in your home crowd. Especially a conference rival opponent in the playoffs. Preds fans will sell out the arena, they don't need the visitor help and with Chicago's fans typically filling up more seats than most away teams, they want to insure that it'll be all gold. They just don't have to do it with other fanbases.

lockman21 04-14-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 15909227)
I mean it's not pathetic to want less visitors in your home crowd. Especially a conference rival opponent in the playoffs. Preds fans will sell out the arena, they don't need the visitor help and with Chicago's fans typically filling up more seats than most away teams, they want to insure that it'll be all gold. They just don't have to do it with other fanbases.

The initial statement is true, yes, but to defer the blame away from the Nashville fanbase is a little sad...but the pathetic part is just how obsessed they are. The anthem thing is what throws it overboard.

Really? They're statement is that it would be against God and 'Murica to not participate in their new anthem "tradition"? How southern redneck do you want to sound?

Also saying that they'll turn away Hawks fans that traveled all the way to Nashville, bought hotel rooms, possibly plane tickets/rental cars to go to the game...and they said they won't honor their StubHub purchased tickets? If you want to control your own product you sell, fine, I can't argue that. But when you change the National Anthem, cite God and America as your reasons, and then deny other people entrance for their secondary market tickets...that's sad.

aeroshady 04-14-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15909232)
The initial statement is true, yes, but to defer the blame away from the Nashville fanbase is a little sad...but the pathetic part is just how obsessed they are. The anthem thing is what throws it overboard.

Really? They're statement is that it would be against God and 'Murica to not participate in their new anthem "tradition"? How southern redneck do you want to sound?

Also saying that they'll turn away Hawks fans that traveled all the way to Nashville, bought hotel rooms, possibly plane tickets/rental cars to go to the game...and they said they won't honor their StubHub purchased tickets? If you want to control your own product you sell, fine, I can't argue that. But when you change the National Anthem, cite God and America as your reasons, and then deny other people entrance for their secondary market tickets...that's sad.

Wait...what??

lockman21 04-14-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15909235)
Wait...what??

Earlier they didn't sing the Anthem because of the Chicago tradition, and instead sang God Bless America. They received a lot of backlash for that, so their new plan is to have the entire crowd sing the anthem instead...all because of the Hawks tradition.

Now, I truly believe that the Hawks tradition should stay at the UC. But the point still stands, they're so intimidated by Chicago fans that they go to great lengths to make it as anti-Chicago as possible.

You know who's fault this really is? Nashville fans for not "keeping the red out" on their own, but it's bad PR to say that. You see Winnipeg, St. Louis, or Minnesota "keeping the red out"? No. You don't.

bonzo48280 04-14-2015 05:02 PM

actually yes to St Louis. not to the dramatic effects of Nashville, but they have had similar programs in the past where if you bought tickets to a blues Blackhawks game you had to also buy tickets to two or three other games.

bonzo48280 04-14-2015 05:03 PM

Q is already starting to annoy me and it's not even game one yet. If he doesn't slot Vermette into the lineup for tomorrow's game and keeps Shaw at Center, that's a pretty boneheaded move if you ask me

RiotAct 04-14-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15909256)
actually yes to St Louis. not to the dramatic effects of Nashville, but they have had similar programs in the past where if you bought tickets to a blues Blackhawks game you had to also buy tickets to two or three other games.

How about what the Lightning are doing, not allowing any opposing team logos in certain sections :lol

aeroshady 04-14-2015 05:38 PM

So glad the Rangers don't have these problems. If it is NY v NY in the second round I welcome Icelanders fans to the garden if they can get tickets. I sure as hell will be trying to get tickets to both MSG and Nassty Colushitty for games.

rickyh24 04-14-2015 05:50 PM

Florida professional sports are a joke.

lockman21 04-14-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15909256)

Ah, that's right. I forgot about St. Louis.

RiotAct 04-14-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15909301)
Florida professional sports are a joke.

But that indoor stadium the Marlins have... OH MAN!

barbogast 04-14-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15909246)
Earlier they didn't sing the Anthem because of the Chicago tradition, and instead sang God Bless America. They received a lot of backlash for that, so their new plan is to have the entire crowd sing the anthem instead...all because of the Hawks tradition.

Now, I truly believe that the Hawks tradition should stay at the UC. But the point still stands, they're so intimidated by Chicago fans that they go to great lengths to make it as anti-Chicago as possible.

You know who's fault this really is? Nashville fans for not "keeping the red out" on their own, but it's bad PR to say that. You see Winnipeg, St. Louis, or Minnesota "keeping the red out"? No. You don't.

I'm still confused about this. They don't sing the national anthem at Predators games because they sing it at Blackhawks games? What??