Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ** Duluth, GA 2012 ** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=317419)

Sabres914 12-12-2012 08:54 AM

Re: ** Duluth, GA 2012 **

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillybeezler (Post 14229671)
I know!!!!! Still a good day and show though.
Ill get my halloween one day

I got a setlist and a pic from stefan!! so that made my night.

Send that set list to the Almanac! They don't have one yet.

dontdrink36 12-12-2012 09:01 AM

Really good show last night! My gf's first and they played her favorites off AFTW! Plus #40 and Zac on Watchtower!

Squirm: good opener, one of BW's best
Rooftop: is great live! So much energy! Welcome at any show I'm at
Seven: overplayed? Probably but I'm not at every show and it kept the energy in the room up.
Belly Belly Nice: Maybe my favorite new song. So great live but WHERE IS BOYD IN THE MIX?!?!
Snow Outside: sound check issue at the beginning but amazing live! Going to be a 20 minute beast at some point!
Still Water » love this as an intro to DDTW and a great mood changer after BBN
Don't Drink the Water: Classic DMB and still great! Can't go wrong here!
Broken Things: finally heard Boyd and this is a great DMB song. Could be on any album!
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel: heard this 5 times this year but its a great, classic DMB song always welcome!
Mercy: I love this song so haters can suck it. The jam just keeps getting better and Dave got up after it!!!
Eh Hee: not a bad song but it could be shelved for another classic song.
What Would You Say: one of the best reactions all night from the crowd! This is DMB at its best it needs more plays
If Only: love the groove on this one. They could do cool things with this in the future!
Spaceman: personally one of my favs off BW and RR is great on this! Though it does get plenty of plays
Corn Bread: idc what anyone here says this a great fun song and everyone at a show loves it!
Belly Full: my gf and I will dance to this at our wedding and I got to see it with her!
Drunken Soldier: this thing is a fucking beast! I hope it becomes a staple!
Jimi Thing: always welcome at a show! So much cool stuff going on in it. The flute player was awesome! And the horns trading spots was bad ass
All Along the Watchtower: short but fucking sweet with Zac! Great way to close!
-----------------------------------
Baby Blue: beautiful song! So glad I got to hear it again!
#40 [tease] short but sweet! My first ever can't go wrong here!
Happy Birthday to You: really cool moment!
Time Bomb: meh but its short and leads to Two Step!
Two Step: its fucking Two Step! Carter Beauford on the drums!!!!

All in all very good show! Never left a DMB show dissapointed! Bring on Cville!

phillybeezler 12-12-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres914 (Post 14230103)
Send that set list to the Almanac! They don't have one yet.

How do I do that? Just send them a email with a link?

Sabres914 12-12-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillybeezler (Post 14230240)
How do I do that? Just send them a email with a link?

Yes. Or go to their site and click "Submit" at the top.

phillybeezler 12-12-2012 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres914 (Post 14230304)
Yes. Or go to their site and click "Submit" at the top.

10/4 , done

Sabres914 12-12-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillybeezler (Post 14230375)
10/4 , done

Nice thanks! Love how you threw the pick in there too :thumbsup

SeekUpTheCubs 12-12-2012 10:40 AM

anybody know which tape is better before I download it

FeelingGood 12-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackR (Post 14229530)
Of course, my thanks to Boyd for being a true gentleman and being just an all around nice guy. He was so appreciative of the fans and just raved about how DMB has such great fans.

Coming out of the bus, we were wondering who the hell you were.:lol:lol I was observing Boyd as he interacted with fans and I couldn't help but think how personal, friendly and genuine he is.

UTsDMBjunkie 12-12-2012 10:59 AM

Amazing night, per usual right? Setlist watchers, no time for you today. Just going to post MY smileys attached to the set list since I was there.

Squirm: One of my favorite's off BW, happy to get it as an opener. Set the tone for the night!
Rooftop: Originally not a fan studio wise, then after Jimmy Fallon it quickly has stepped up as a top play on the new album.
Seven: Guilty pleasure I suppose, I like this song.
Belly Belly Nice: So great live! This song kept the feet moving, love it.
Snow Outside: At this point I am just so impressed with the new songs and how they sounded, this one was one of my faves of the night.
Still Water » Can't believe that we got this intro, good to get it. Very unexpected (by me at least, quiet set list watchers.)
Don't Drink the Water: Mid-set DDTW is one of my favorites, intense and gets the crowd going. Or should I say kept the crowd going ... :)
Broken Things: Beautiful. Beautiful. B-E-AUTIFUL!
Pantala Naga Pampa » Umm... YES.
Rapunzel: Give my feet a rest already! NOT! :)
Mercy: Have to admit after all the dancing I needed a break, was nice to hear though.
Eh Hee: Say what you will, the crowd enjoyed it and it's intense.
What Would You Say: Always gets one of the best crowd reactions, would love to see this open a show!
If Only: What's the deal with the hatred of this song? I think it's spot on. Love it.
Spaceman: Good break, excited for what I know is next.
Corn Bread: This is such a fun song to get down to. Sorry I've only been to 24 shows and only seen it 10 times live setlist watchers. EVERYBODY gets down to this song. Go eat some breadz.
Belly Full: Nice little tune, wish I had a girlfriend though. Kind of awkward being with two couples all coupled up during this. ;)
Drunken Soldier: We all already know what this is, and that's a BEAST. :)
Jimi Thing: Crowd pleasing, and personally always enjoy it, thought it was the closer but ...
All Along the Watchtower: Zac Brown guest spot on this was great and a huge surprise. Saw this in Lexington a few years back and they really enjoy performing together. Good stuff!
Baby Blue: Thought it was Sister at first, and I was actually there with my sister but she's a crazy lady and was all over the floor during the show. Have you seen my sister?!
#40 [tease] 4th #40 tease, gimme more already! Loved it though, another short but sweet surprise.
Happy Birthday to You: Pretty awesome moment for this fan.
Time Bomb: Was kind of disappointed because we all obviously were waiting for Hallobillies, but that quickly passed realizing what was next.
Two Step: Classic, personal favorite, might have re injured my ACL. :)

All in all, plenty of small little surprises that made the night special. I can't really understand the frustration for people spending a ga-gillion dollars traveling around to see this band; if this is your biggest worry, donate to a charity. It's Christmas and we got DMB in December. LOVE IT, love this band. :)

Sniper15 12-12-2012 11:08 AM

:thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by UTsDMBjunkie (Post 14230556)
Amazing night, per usual right? Setlist watchers, no time for you today. Just going to post MY smileys attached to the set list since I was there.

Squirm: One of my favorite's off BW, happy to get it as an opener. Set the tone for the night!
Rooftop: Originally not a fan studio wise, then after Jimmy Fallon it quickly has stepped up as a top play on the new album.
Seven: Guilty pleasure I suppose, I like this song.
Belly Belly Nice: So great live! This song kept the feet moving, love it.
Snow Outside: At this point I am just so impressed with the new songs and how they sounded, this one was one of my faves of the night.
Still Water » Can't believe that we got this intro, good to get it. Very unexpected (by me at least, quiet set list watchers.)
Don't Drink the Water: Mid-set DDTW is one of my favorites, intense and gets the crowd going. Or should I say kept the crowd going ... :)
Broken Things: Beautiful. Beautiful. B-E-AUTIFUL!
Pantala Naga Pampa » Umm... YES.
Rapunzel: Give my feet a rest already! NOT! :)
Mercy: Have to admit after all the dancing I needed a break, was nice to hear though.
Eh Hee: Say what you will, the crowd enjoyed it and it's intense.
What Would You Say: Always gets one of the best crowd reactions, would love to see this open a show!
If Only: What's the deal with the hatred of this song? I think it's spot on. Love it.
Spaceman: Good break, excited for what I know is next.
Corn Bread: This is such a fun song to get down to. Sorry I've only been to 24 shows and only seen it 10 times live setlist watchers. EVERYBODY gets down to this song. Go eat some breadz.
Belly Full: Nice little tune, wish I had a girlfriend though. Kind of awkward being with two couples all coupled up during this. ;)
Drunken Soldier: We all already know what this is, and that's a BEAST. :)
Jimi Thing: Crowd pleasing, and personally always enjoy it, thought it was the closer but ...
All Along the Watchtower: Zac Brown guest spot on this was great and a huge surprise. Saw this in Lexington a few years back and they really enjoy performing together. Good stuff!
Baby Blue: Thought it was Sister at first, and I was actually there with my sister but she's a crazy lady and was all over the floor during the show. Have you seen my sister?!
#40 [tease] 4th #40 tease, gimme more already! Loved it though, another short but sweet surprise.
Happy Birthday to You: Pretty awesome moment for this fan.
Time Bomb: Was kind of disappointed because we all obviously were waiting for Hallobillies, but that quickly passed realizing what was next.
Two Step: Classic, personal favorite, might have re injured my ACL. :)

All in all, plenty of small little surprises that made the night special. I can't really understand the frustration for people spending a ga-gillion dollars traveling around to see this band; if this is your biggest worry, donate to a charity. It's Christmas and we got DMB in December. LOVE IT, love this band. :)

Nice NOT joke bro :thumbsup

chadizzy1 12-12-2012 12:16 PM

Glad you guys had fun. I missed the show. Some personal stuff came up on Monday and I couldn't go, and didn't have enough time to sell my tickets. :/

dmaul1114 12-12-2012 01:24 PM

My song by song reactions.

Squirm--good song, solid opener
Rooftop--awesome live. Probably the biggest jump in quality from album to live of the new songs (I've seen all live but The Riff now)
Seven--gets a lot of hate, but I enjoy it live
Belly Belly Nice--awesome live. Kind of a Too Much type of vibe in a live set. Would be cool to get a So Much to Say-->ASTB-->BBN sometime.
Snow Outside--Loved this live. Favorite song on the new album and translates super well. Jam at the end was great.
Still Water...>--Loved getting this intro. DDTW is tied with Too Much for my most seen song (10 times each). This intro really made it fresh.
Don't Drink the Water--Seen it a bunch as noted, but always awesome live.
Broken Things--Great live. 2nd favorite song off AFTW
Pantala Naga Pampa...>
Rapunzel---very cool to get PnP-->Rapunzel midset rather than as an opener or set/encore closer
Mercy--like this a lot live, like others was happy when he stood up and didn't go into OOMH
Eh Hee--enjoy this live, but could have done with out it since they played it in ATL in may.
What Would You Say--awesome live. Love the horns during the jam at the end.
If Only--only ok live. Not something I'd want to see a bunch in the future.
Spaceman--as always, pretty dull live. Seemed like he flubbed the words a bunch too.
Corn Bread--I really enjoy this live, and didn't get it this summer so wasn't sick of it.
Belly Full--solid song. Would be a good E1 song rather than main set though. Maybe it do it into something for a two part solo encore start since it's so short.
Drunken Soldier--Very good live, but the jam at the end needs changed live. Works on the album, but a bit dull and long live.
Jimi Thing--A little tired of getting this so much lately (also played in May in ATL), but they rocked it and the Sexy MF outro was great.
All Along the Watchtower--Awesome getting this as a set closer rather than show closer. Even better with the Zac Brown appearance.
encore:
Baby Blue ^--always great
#40 (tease) ^--fine, but never got the fuss over this tease
Happy Birthday !--neat little moment in the show
Time Bomb--I actually like this one, tad let down when it started as I was hoping for Hallowbilles, but still rocked it.
Two Step --and Two Step is always amazing so great end to the show. Loved the fast/loud end to the jam as I noted earlier. Wish they'd go back to the improv intro rather than the TB intro though.

Gray AU 12-12-2012 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear that Chad!

Had an absolute blast last night. Got onto the floor at 6:30 and had a great spot, center stage maybe about 50 or so feet back. Lumineers were awesome and DMB was great. Lots of energy in this setlist, thats for sure. Haters gonna hate but I didn't really have a problem with our setlist at all--in person. Good to see the new tunes being played, Rooftop in the second song slot was great. Lost my mind during the drunken solider outro/jam too. Also, Zac on Watchtower was freaking crazy! As an ATL native, I found it especially cool to see our boy up there with Dave.

Highlight of the night had to be walking over to the Boyd meet and greet (also a great way to sober up before driving home). Boyd might literally be one of the most genuinely nice guys I have ever met. Everyone got a hug, an autograph, a pic and some conversation. It was crazy. Got my poster signed and got a picture too. Way too cool.

Listening to Jeff Brock's tape now and it sounds pretty darn good. "I GOT PEOPLE DOWN HERE!"

Timebomb07 12-12-2012 03:17 PM

damn thats fucking awesome. I want to meet Boyd... Or Carter.

raven20 12-12-2012 04:38 PM

How were the lumineers???? Looking forward to seeing them in Brooklyn.

ZackR 12-12-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostep665 (Post 14229846)
Were you the guy who got off the bus a few minutes before Boyd? I said "Hey, you're not Boyd!" and the person replied "Nope I'm not!" :lol

Yes. That was me. :) Nice to "meet" you last night. :D

UTsDMBjunkie 12-12-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven20 (Post 14231561)

I really enjoyed The Lumineers. One of my favorite openers for sure!

phillybeezler 12-12-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

They really were awesome, one of the best openers i've seen for sure.

Utopia 12-12-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillybeezler (Post 14231661)
They really were awesome, one of the best openers i've seen for sure.

I agree. They were great! Especially since these are the largest crowds they've played for according to the lead singer.

dmbolp 12-12-2012 05:57 PM

My daughter and I went over late to see Boyd, about 30 people left so we hung back to be last in hopes of spending a little more time with him. He's always been my favorite band member, got him to sign my jersy.

And Carter threw me a used stick after Watchtower

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...bolp/Boyd1.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...bolp/boyd2.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...bolp/Boyd3.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...lp/stick-1.jpg

chadizzy1 12-12-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 14231927)
My daughter and I went over late to see Boyd, about 30 people left so we hung back to be last in hopes of spending a little more time with him. He's always been my favorite band member, got him to sign my jersy.

/sigh

I'm a drummer, and I've yet to get a stick. It's my #1 thing I want to do

jek3295 12-12-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 14231958)
/sigh

I'm a drummer, and I've yet to get a stick. It's my #1 thing I want to do

Bring a girl, be in the first 5 rows, put her on your shoulders. It's foolproof.

mbux40 12-12-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 14230142)
Really good show last night! My gf's first and they played her favorites off AFTW! Plus #40 and Zac on Watchtower!

Squirm: good opener, one of BW's best
Rooftop: is great live! So much energy! Welcome at any show I'm at
Seven: overplayed? Probably but I'm not at every show and it kept the energy in the room up.
Belly Belly Nice: Maybe my favorite new song. So great live but WHERE IS BOYD IN THE MIX?!?!
Snow Outside: sound check issue at the beginning but amazing live! Going to be a 20 minute beast at some point!
Still Water » love this as an intro to DDTW and a great mood changer after BBN
Don't Drink the Water: Classic DMB and still great! Can't go wrong here!
Broken Things: finally heard Boyd and this is a great DMB song. Could be on any album!
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel: heard this 5 times this year but its a great, classic DMB song always welcome!
Mercy: I love this song so haters can suck it. The jam just keeps getting better and Dave got up after it!!!
Eh Hee: not a bad song but it could be shelved for another classic song.
What Would You Say: one of the best reactions all night from the crowd! This is DMB at its best it needs more plays
If Only: love the groove on this one. They could do cool things with this in the future!
Spaceman: personally one of my favs off BW and RR is great on this! Though it does get plenty of plays
Corn Bread: idc what anyone here says this a great fun song and everyone at a show loves it!
Belly Full: my gf and I will dance to this at our wedding and I got to see it with her!
Drunken Soldier: this thing is a fucking beast! I hope it becomes a staple!
Jimi Thing: always welcome at a show! So much cool stuff going on in it. The flute player was awesome! And the horns trading spots was bad ass
All Along the Watchtower: short but fucking sweet with Zac! Great way to close!
Baby Blue: beautiful song! So glad I got to hear it again!
#40 [tease] short but sweet! My first ever can't go wrong here!
Happy Birthday to You: really cool moment!
Time Bomb: meh but its short and leads to Two Step!
Two Step: its fucking Two Step! Carter Beauford on the drums!!!!

All in all very good show! Never left a DMB show dissapointed! Bring on Cville!

i like your review on this..pretty much sums it up. This is mine and my husbands best show so far bc we've enjoyed our best experiences. Got there around 130 and waited in the freezing cold so we could get a good spot in the pit. Ok the waiting sucked but was worth it seeing as to we were maybe 7 or 8 rows back from the stage..the closest my husbands been to the band in 30+ shows. I have to honestly say that baby blue almost made me cry..possibly bc I'm a girl but it was just so beautiful you could really feel the emotion. And then meeting bt after the show was epic! He's so genuine and nice. I give him mad props times a million for being so true and caring of his fans! All in all I'm obviously satisfied but of course can't wait til the next time. :)

mbux40 12-12-2012 08:44 PM

Oh yeah..last thing..although it was just a tease the thing that topped it off for me was hearing #40..def one of my favorites and never imagined I would get to hear any part of it live

Utopia 12-12-2012 08:53 PM

The 'guy wearing a diaper' was the same guy with the #40 sign that lit up. Dave was definitely making his night. He was standing in front of me.

mbux40 12-12-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopia (Post 14233129)
The 'guy wearing a diaper' was the same guy with the #40 sign that lit up. Dave was definitely making his night. He was standing in front of me.

I about died 'sorry y'all I got distracted by a man in diapers..I'm back on track now' gotta love dave speak

whyiam34 12-12-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyiam34 (Post 14228148)
ive got a feeling zac brown is gunna make an appearance

called it, my source? brenny...seriously

aklex10 12-12-2012 10:02 PM

Does anybody know the lumineers setlist?

Gray AU 12-12-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 14231927)

Nice, I remember telling you how cool your jersey was at the Boyd meetup.

FeelingGood 12-13-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

As others have said, they were awesome. A surprise treat for me, because I bought their album and was like, ok this is folk music. Much better live and that chick was hot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jek3295 (Post 14232075)
Bring a girl, be in the first 5 rows, put her on your shoulders. It's foolproof.

Ha ha, you should know, right? I was right next to you back in May when you got your stick. I was standing near a couple Tuesday night who said they wanted a stick and I told them about the trick - bam, she got a stick right after Watchtower - works like a charm. I caught it all on video and I'll include it when I upload Watchtower next week. Thanks to Michelle (the young lady who caught the stick) and her sister for letting me move up for a better view - I watched the video on my camera last night and it turned out really nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopia (Post 14233129)

We must have been standing together, dude, 'cuz I was right behind him too. He definitely got a lot of play out of those signs. Smart move with those Christmas lights! :lol