Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 01-24-2022 01:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18117758)
Understatement of the year in terms of being a Flyers fan :lol

I say this because most of my friends are philly fans, you guys deserve better. When the eagles won i was right there with you guys cheering.

Roose13 01-24-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 18117759)
I say this because most of my friends are philly fans, you guys deserve better. When the eagles won i was right there with you guys cheering.

I would give anything for 2010 to have gone differently. That year was magical, and instead it just looks like any other year in the books. What I got to experience as a 20-year-old in 2008 with the Phils and a 29-year-old in 2018 with the Eagles was cathartic.

drakan 01-24-2022 02:24 PM

This is what I was talking about the other day.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/stats/playe...goals/dir/desc

Is Leon Draisaitl the best athlete that most people haven't heard of? It's mostly McDavid talk and a lot of Americans won't know him because he plays in Canada?

drakan 01-24-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 18117759)

I hate when people on tv tell me how can you hate that team? You're just an irrational fan. Bro, you're network sells that as a must-watch rivalry game.:lol

I'll always hate the Eagles although it as nice to see Brady lose again.:)

Brady has lost 3 straight against the NFC East in the SB..............

TypicalBilly14 01-24-2022 07:38 PM

Congrats to Mr. Yandle. We have a new Iron Man, folks.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...tive-games-964

drakan 01-24-2022 07:53 PM

Kreider>Ovi.

aeroshady 01-24-2022 10:14 PM

Adam Fox is one of the best players I have seen in many years. Guy does everything well.

Huge win for the Rangers tonight that took them digging deep after going down 2-1 and being out played for much of the night. This also felt like a big win that lifted some demons that have been lingering. The Rangers have struggled against the west this year and especially against western teams in playoff contention. In addition, they have struggled against the Kings for years now.

You all know how I feel about the Kings ever since 2014, so this felt really good tonight to get a W even if in a shootout. They are an annoyingly hard working team that takes shots every chance they get. Quick also looked outstanding tonight until his 5-hole got exposed in the shootout.

Stressful game to watch but such a high once Fox scored the winner! And yes, Kreider hit 30 goals for the first time in his career in is leading the NHL in goals! Apparently this is the first time the Rangers had a player leading the NHL in goals since like the 40s :lol.

spoot388 01-25-2022 12:31 AM

im really hoping fleury gets traded to a team in the east. i'm tired of the avs having to deal with him on a regular basis. he's just too good.

aeroshady 01-25-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18118143)
im really hoping fleury gets traded to a team in the east. i'm tired of the avs having to deal with him on a regular basis. he's just too good.

This feels like the type of karma that results in the Aves playing Fleury in the finals.

JRS1386 01-25-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18117762)
I would give anything for 2010 to have gone differently. That year was magical, and instead it just looks like any other year in the books. What I got to experience as a 20-year-old in 2008 with the Phils and a 29-year-old in 2018 with the Eagles was cathartic.

2010 was one of the most painful years of my life as a sports fan

spoot388 01-27-2022 01:58 AM

mackinnon out with a broken nose. clean hit from hall. mackinnon's own stick got shoved into his face during the hit and destroyed his nose. he's a hockey player though, so i guess day-to-day?

hell of a comeback by the avs though. down 2 with under 10 minutes to play. landeskog ties it with under a minute left, and makar rips home a wrister in OT to give colorado their 17th(!) home win in a row.

unccrombie 01-27-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18119729)
mackinnon out with a broken nose. clean hit from hall. mackinnon's own stick got shoved into his face during the hit and destroyed his nose. he's a hockey player though, so i guess day-to-day?

He痴 gotta learn to breathe and get a face shield. I give it a work week lol.

swordo84 01-27-2022 01:17 PM

I know it's a bit of an empty gesture, but I'm really not sure if I can or will watch any more Oilers games this year after they sign Evander Kane. It's disappointing on so many levels.

jcc522 01-27-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 18120074)
I know it's a bit of an empty gesture, but I'm really not sure if I can or will watch any more Oilers games this year after they sign Evander Kane. It's disappointing on so many levels.

I知 not fully caught up on his antics.

Was he the gambler?

swordo84 01-27-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18120314)
I知 not fully caught up on his antics.

Was he the gambler?

Here ya go!
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl...043448365.html

mr.MikeD 01-27-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 18120074)

this is either an incredible redemption story ending in a parade, or with Connor and Leon demanding trades. There's no in between.

I'm a bit torn. The NHL isn't a competition to be the team with the nicest guys. But also, come on...

swordo84 01-27-2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 18120371)
this is either an incredible redemption story ending in a parade, or with Connor and Leon demanding trades. There's no in between.

I'm a bit torn. The NHL isn't a competition to be the team with the nicest guys. But also, come on...

I'd put the odds of the former at 10%, and 90% for the latter. It is the Oilers we're talking about afterall.

Totally agree about it not being a nice guy contest but Kane is a bridge too far for me.

aeroshady 01-27-2022 08:26 PM

Rangers jumped out to a 2-0 lead and then decided they didn’t need to play anymore. Jackets kicked one in that shouldn’t have counted, but that is no excuse for giving up 4 straight goals. Rangers goaltending is horrendous tonight.

jcc522 01-27-2022 09:45 PM

Awwww yeah

jcc522 01-27-2022 09:51 PM

I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Freddie Andersen. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Freddie. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then he'll go inside, pen a brief missive to his departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without his one true platonic love.

swordo84 01-28-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18120451)
I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Freddie Andersen. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Freddie. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then he'll go inside, pen a brief missive to his departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without his one true platonic love.

I'm happy to see him performing well after getting shit on for years by Toronto sports media. Not as happy as you, but you do your thing, JeepKid!

Still keeping your socks on like a badass? :lol

unccrombie 01-28-2022 08:19 PM

Could. Not. Emotionally handle that #30 going in to the rafters.

aeroshady 01-28-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18121147)
Could. Not. Emotionally handle that #30 going in to the rafters.

:thumbsup

Special moment for sure! Hank deserves it and I only wish he could have gotten a cup!

Unfortunately, the Rangers and making blowing a two goal lead a habit. Becoming the new Leafs. They are injured a fair amount, but it definitely looks like they are coming back to earth. I fully expect them to wind up a WC team.

TypicalBilly14 01-28-2022 11:41 PM

Bruins win their 17th straight against the Coyotes. Last time they lost to them was in 2010.......in Prague. :multi :bounce :multi :bounce

spoot388 01-29-2022 02:58 AM

absolutely bonkers 3rd period in the avalanche - blackhawks game. score was 2-0 colorado after 2 periods. both teams combined for EIGHT goals in the 3rd, including 4 in the first 3 minutes of the period, to go along with 2 empty netters and an extra attacker goal in the final 2:02. what was looking to be a 3-1 type finish ended up 6-4 colorado.

spoot388 01-29-2022 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18118313)
This feels like the type of karma that results in the Aves playing Fleury in the finals.

haha, ya i know. the last few years he just always seems to be in the avs' way and singlehandedly controls games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18119798)
He痴 gotta learn to breathe and get a face shield. I give it a work week lol.

thats what i was figuring too, but apparently he also had a broken cheekbone and had to have surgery. reports are he's out through the ASG.

jcc522 01-29-2022 10:05 AM

I値l say it: I知 over whalers night.

aeroshady 01-29-2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18121321)
I値l say it: I知 over whalers night.

Blasphemy! I love wearing my Aho Whale jersey!

jcc522 01-29-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18121457)
Blasphemy! I love wearing my Aho Whale jersey!

I'll amend: Whalers night once a year is fine only if the next retro release is of a retro Canes jersey. I'm tired of new whalers jerseys.

you going tonight?

aeroshady 01-29-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18121463)
I'll amend: Whalers night once a year is fine only if the next retro release is of a retro Canes jersey. I'm tired of new whalers jerseys.

you going tonight?

Sadly no, I am stuck out in Blowing Rock on a ski mountain that they decided not to plow or salt :lol. I was told I wouldn't be able to get out until tomorrow.

I will be watching though. Hope the Canes win big because F the Devils haha.