Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 05-09-2016 03:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16406583)
^ The mod is back!!!

#freeparking

:lol I did not know my bolded name would carry so much power. Tell your sister she was so sweet and I'm glad she had such an awesome time!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16406644)
Sorry you had to deal with Flyers peeps.

They were nice people under their ugly shirts.

UCFish 05-09-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16406468)
What a weekend! I'm ready to just relax and watch hockey now.

Bob, Kevin and John it was so awesome meeting you guys!

What am I chopped liver?

kev87lads 05-09-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16406740)
What am I chopped liver?

You weren't in the pic. You weren't there. :)

Thanks for stopping by. And revealing that your brother is the biggest troll on the planet.

dmbetc 05-09-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16406740)
What am I chopped liver?

:lol:lol I was just about to send you a tweet!

So happy to finally meet you, now we need to get together out in Cali!

dmbetc 05-09-2016 03:21 PM

Kev that 70 looks good.

kev87lads 05-09-2016 03:40 PM

Yeah it does. You made it happen!

barbogast 05-09-2016 03:47 PM

Heavenly! Nicely done. I thought for sure you would be stumped

kev87lads 05-09-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16406788)
Heavenly! Nicely done. I thought for sure you would be stumped

Flyers fans are smarter than the average Bruin.

rconverse 05-09-2016 05:19 PM

Hot start for the Stars. Hopefully they keep it up.

aeroshady 05-09-2016 06:53 PM

If the Preds and Blues both get knocked out, I may not watch another game this season :lol

I don't think I could bring myself to care about a Sharks v. Stars western finals or a Pens v. Tampa East.

Maybe if the Caps pull it out I would hang around.

Long story short, I really hope the Blues and Preds turn tonight around!

Dramageek 05-09-2016 08:29 PM

Great game between the Sharks and Preds. Sharks are very solid this year, but I really like this Preds team. Hope they take it to Game 7.

dmbetc 05-09-2016 08:43 PM

Forgot how much west coast OT games suck on the east coast.

mr.MikeD 05-09-2016 08:55 PM

looks like the sharks could very pull a sharks in the playoffs again.

rconverse 05-09-2016 09:05 PM

Damn. Missed the goal. How long did it take to get the game winner?

dmbetc 05-09-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16407171)

God I hope so.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16407186)
Damn. Missed the goal. How long did it take to get the game winner?

2:03

rconverse 05-09-2016 09:26 PM

Thanks. The last couple OT games I've watched were super short. I guess I didn't technically see this OT.

lockman21 05-09-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16407171)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSJFZEMz0U

lol Nabokov

UCFish 05-09-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16406745)
You weren't in the pic. You weren't there. :)

Thanks for stopping by. And revealing that your brother is the biggest troll on the planet.

:lol:lol:lol

barbogast 05-10-2016 04:42 AM

Awesome results last night. Double game 7s out West. That's nice.

Ugh, Caps play today. Why can't there be a DMB show to occupy my day this time. Hanging out with the kid today, just waiting. Gonna be a loooooooong ten hours.

TMoore4075 05-10-2016 05:25 AM

Since I've got nothing else to think about, Wings making changes in their coaching staff. With Granato heading to Wisconsin we knew they'd be looking for another veteran. Apparently they will be looking for 2. Their other assistant, who Blash brought up from Grand Rapids, will be moving up to the press box and we'll have two new veterans behind the bench and a new goaltending coach. I'm ok with all of it. Plenty of veteran options out there like Oates, Richards, Yeo and others. Apparently the new goalie coach will be the guy down in Grand Rapids who has worked a lot with....Mrazek. Bye Howie.

Move him, would love for them to move Jonathan Ericsson too and then Pav's contract and you'll have plenty of $$ to spend. My biggest thing is let the kids play. not that you have to give them 27 minutes a game but quite a few are ready for it. Playing them 8 minutes a game or worse, sitting upstairs, isn't going to make them ready. Personally, I wonder if Blash felt the pressure to keep the streak going instead of getting this team ready for the future and that's why some guys wouldn't play and he kept changing up lines and giving big minutes to the veterans.

barbogast 05-10-2016 06:00 AM

The idea of Adam Oates coaching anything makes me shudder

TMoore4075 05-10-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16407347)
The idea of Adam Oates coaching anything makes me shudder

He was a good assistant in New Jersey. And let's be fair, not the easiest position in Washington.

Would be funny to see him back in Detroit where he was part of the worst trade in NHL history. He has the Wings to thank for his success in St Louis and Boston.

TMoore4075 05-10-2016 06:17 AM

If the Sharks lose now, it'll just be the same old Sharks. Too bad cause they sure seem different, even now. I think the NHL would prefer Sharks. They are probably scared for a Nashville/Lightning final.

barbogast 05-10-2016 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16407350)
He was a good assistant in New Jersey. And let's be fair, not the easiest position in Washington.

Would be funny to see him back in Detroit where he was part of the worst trade in NHL history. He has the Wings to thank for his success in St Louis and Boston.

You're right actually he was good in an assistant role. Obviously he's got one of the best offensive hockey minds ever created. It wasn't an easy position in Washington but there's also no denying the effect he had on their powerplay. It still shows now. Head coaching proved too much as his defensive scheme was poor and his ability to manage a roster filled with nhl players and their egos was bad. He severely mishandled his talent and little command of the locker room.

But yeah as an offensive assistant he can be valuable.

barbogast 05-10-2016 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16407363)
If the Sharks lose now, it'll just be the same old Sharks. Too bad cause they sure seem different, even now. I think the NHL would prefer Sharks. They are probably scared for a Nashville/Lightning final.

Agreed, they're probably hoping very much the Sharks and Blues come good and that the Caps and Pens don't kill each other before the Lightning series

TMoore4075 05-10-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16407364)
You're right actually he was good in an assistant role. Obviously he's got one of the best offensive hockey minds ever created. It wasn't an easy position in Washington but there's also no denying the effect he had on their powerplay. It still shows now. Head coaching proved too much as his defensive scheme was poor and his ability to manage a roster filled with nhl players and their egos was bad. He severely mishandled his talent and little command of the locker room.

But yeah as an offensive assistant he can be valuable.

Too bad too cause it had the makings of a nice story of him coming back to Washington. I enjoyed beating him in 98 though.

barbogast 05-10-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16407377)
Too bad too cause it had the makings of a nice story of him coming back to Washington. I enjoyed beating him in 98 though.

Yes, we know. The Wings won Cups in 97, 98, 02 and 08. You're just aching to remind us all of that

TMoore4075 05-10-2016 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16407385)
Yes, we know. The Wings won Cups in 97, 98, 02 and 08. You're just aching to remind us all of that

Just you and the Flyers fans. Hey I don't have much to cheer about recently so I have to live in the past a little bit.

aeroshady 05-10-2016 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16407363)

I find Nashville more interesting than San Jose. Also, the commish would love that finals.

I personally think a Tampa Dallas finals is the worst case for the NHL.

St. Louis v Washington is probably the best case because it is two good hockey markets that have never won.

aeroshady 05-10-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16407412)
Just you and the Flyers fans. Hey I don't have much to cheer about recently so I have to live in the past a little bit.

:rolleyes

Yup, the 4 cups since the last time my team won must make it so hard to be struggling now....

Haha come on man.