Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

pathetic 02-08-2018 04:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Saturday night we'll have 25-30 people with Timmyhead shirts on. Should be a blast

Chumlee67 02-08-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17011997)
Saturday night we'll have 25-30 people with Timmyhead shirts on. Should be a blast

I may have to go just to witness this again! It was great the first time not knowing what the hell was going on :lol

pathetic 02-08-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17012028)
I may have to go just to witness this again! It was great the first time not knowing what the hell was going on :lol

:lol:lol yeah it's an annual event at this point. one home and one away game. Unfortunately i couldn't make the Montreal trip, but i've been looking forward to this one for a while

we'll be in 310 i believe

mr.MikeD 02-08-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17011770)
Vegas needs one for the playoffs

But don't they have Marc-Andre Fl.....

ah, i get it, Zing!

:lol

gocubsgo3822 02-09-2018 01:40 AM

Ok so I don’t pay attention to hockey that much but can someone tell me or explain to me how an expansion team might win the presidents trophy. I don’t get it.

BotheLaneFan 02-09-2018 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 17012289)
Ok so I donít pay attention to hockey that much but can someone tell me or explain to me how an expansion team might win the presidents trophy. I donít get it.

Great coaching, team that fits super well together, every player has a huge dick.

Chumlee67 02-09-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17012039)
:lol:lol yeah it's an annual event at this point. one home and one away game. Unfortunately i couldn't make the Montreal trip, but i've been looking forward to this one for a while

we'll be in 310 i believe

If I end up going Im gonna need a seat in that section :lol

unccrombie 02-09-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17012081)
But don't they have Marc-Andre Fl.....

ah, i get it, Zing!

[emoji38]

;) best of luck to MAF. Stan up guy.

aeroshady 02-09-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17011688)

Very classy by the organization to be up front with the fans. I have faith that these guys can rebuild and get us back there again. I am willing to be patient for a rebuild because this organization has giving me a lot to be proud of and root for over the past 10 years.

I really want a cup so badly, but I am glad that the team has identified that this group is not going to be the group that gets us there. They gave us some great times though. Winning the 2014 Eastern Conference Finals was one of the best sports memories of my life. As I write this I am wearing my St. Louis #26 Rangers shirt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17011743)
Give me McDonagh

Would not mind seeing the Caps get one with us out of it. Want to give us some first round picks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17011746)
As much as I wish Chicago could add Hank I do not see how they can swing it unless the Rangers want to trade him straight up for Saad who is having a lousy season for the 6mm he is making - we can through in Thomas Jurco to sweeten the pot though! :lol

As a fan, I would love to see Hank play for the Hawks, but I think Crawford will be fine and the move doesn't seem to make much sense for either side!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17011761)
Hank to Colorado!

I read that though and first thought is Hank. Hopefully to a team that has a shot this year, but can also see him going to a place like Oilers or Buffalo

I hope not Buffalo haha. Edmonton would be fun though, except they give up a lot of shots too don't they? I would like Hank to play on a team that gives him some defensive support again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17011796)
Wait, what is going on with the Rangers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I get it now. I wonder who they trade? I know a Rangers fan who will be sad if Hank is traded.

For us Rangers fans, seeing Hank go would be bittersweet. I would hate to see him in another jersey. However, I love the guy and just want him to have his chance to raise a cup. That chance seems to be gone in NY, so if he can move somewhere and get one, I can't be upset about it.

Lcsulla 02-09-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Ok so I donít pay attention to hockey that much but can someone tell me or explain to me how an expansion team might win the presidents trophy. I donít get it.

They really through the book out the window with their expansion draft picks and trades. They did not do the usual bunch of kids with a few veterans route, they built a team ready to compete. I think Tampa probably wins the Presidents Trophy but if Vegas went on a tear (or TB slumped) I would be happy to see Vegas win it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17012426)
Would not mind seeing the Caps get one with us out of it. Want to give us some first round picks?

He has a better shot at making the layoffs in NY than Chicago right now, Rags are only 3 points out of a WC slot while the Hawks are 8 points out and just not playing well at all.

dmbetc 02-09-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Other teams go to Vegas and get fucked up the night before then lose the game.

pathetic 02-09-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17012386)
If I end up going Im gonna need a seat in that section :lol

actually it might be 301.... or 312 :lol

I'll have to look at my tickets when i get home after work

TMoore4075 02-09-2018 07:34 PM

This Isles team is just outside of the playoffs? Yikes.

~Crashintome89~ 02-09-2018 09:35 PM

Good.

Tavares is good as gone.

aeroshady 02-09-2018 09:51 PM

There are nights that just make you proud to be a fan of your team. Tonight was a night like that for this NY Rangers fan. The team lost a bunch of games in a row and then released a letter to the fans letting them know they are going to rebuild by selling at the trade deadline. The fans responded by giving the Rangers a playoff like atmosphere at the Garden against a Calgary Flames team that was on a winning streak. The Rangers battled back to win the game!

The Garden was electric tonight!

pathetic 02-10-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17012855)
actually it might be 301.... or 312 :lol

I'll have to look at my tickets when i get home after work

321! Lol I was way off

Lcsulla 02-10-2018 06:04 PM

I like the way Hitchcock has transformed Dallas into a disciplined team rather than a run and gun team that gave up too many odd man rushes last year. I think the person benefiting most for this is John Klingberg who i would say has the inside track for the Norris if he keeps playing at the level he is now.

kev87lads 02-10-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17013170)
This Isles team is just outside of the playoffs? Yikes.

Tim.......

TMoore4075 02-11-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17013668)
Tim.......

Well the team that played through first 55 minutes. I'm actually ok with the outcome other than it going to OT. I want them to fall in the standings. Buffalo was the only team that helped last night. All the other teams below the Wings lost. That doesn't help me. lol

salrx95 02-11-2018 10:01 AM

Hey boys and girl.

It's Matt Barzal's world and we are all just living in it. 3 Five point games this year. :cool

Been a disappointing year. We need some better play and health on D , a goalie upgrade and better play in our own end but the playoffs are still in play so all is not lost. Wish Snow would make a move to help this team.

I've actually watched less games this year than in maybe the last 5-7 years combined. Life and work getting in the way. Worst year of my career in 2017 and 2018 is not going to be much better.

Hope all is well in here for everyone.

Brohan_Santana 02-11-2018 10:07 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/24d55v.jpg

JRS1386 02-11-2018 10:11 AM

What a shitty meme

You should have said “Flyers are 3rd in the metro takes are coming” to match the winter is coming bit from the show

Roose13 02-11-2018 11:40 AM

Brohan doesn't know what the fuck he's doing when he trolls. It's a beautiful mess. I mean, he made fun of the fanbase of a team that won the Super Bowl because he doesn't understand how championship parades work because he's never been to one.

Brohan_Santana 02-11-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17013976)
I mean, he made fun of the fanbase of a team that won the Super Bowl because he doesn't understand how championship parades work because he's never been to one.

Aren't you a journalist? I feel awful for your editor.

I didn't make fun of the fanbase. I pointed out that your estimates were off vastly, provided a respectable publication as a source & poked fun at you in a playful manner. Why so serious Roosie?

Roose13 02-11-2018 01:04 PM

I love how all of a sudden I’m so serious because Brohan’s feelings are hurt.

My editor is very happy with my work, thank you.

mr.MikeD 02-11-2018 01:58 PM

I watched team ice dancing instead of the oilers last night and there is almost nothing in this world that I care about less than ice dancing.

TMoore4075 02-11-2018 03:17 PM

Go Caps! Want the best chance at the top pick.

mr.MikeD 02-11-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17014069)
Go Caps! Want the best chance at the top pick.

No way, you guys had your time with a superstar Swedish dman.
I think itís the Oilers are about due for first overall, itís been what 3 years?

TMoore4075 02-11-2018 04:41 PM

3 goals in 3 minutes, 2 in 9 seconds, don't the Wings know how to tank? Now if the Isles can come back so can the Caps. Watch out for any match penalties Wings.

TMoore4075 02-11-2018 05:23 PM

Alright Caps come back and win in regulation.