Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Dramageek 05-17-2017 09:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Yuck yuck yuck. What happened to the Pens' offense? I feel like I'm slowly watching a car run out of gas while simultaneously blowing a tire. Looks like missing Letang as well as the other injuries are finally catching up to them. It pains me to see the offense this anemic, and it's not all the Sens' 1-3-1. They certainly cannot give up four goals in the first 12 minutes. :lol Ah well, it's been a good run, and next year looks to be another really good shot. If they pull it together and get past the Sens (which is still very possible), well, that would be great fun. If not, tip of the cap to the Sens for putting together a very solid team, even if I am not a huge fan of their brand of hockey. I can't complain too much.

Game 4 against the Caps was 3-2. After that, it's been only 1 or 2 goals per game, but with two shutouts by MAF.

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 04:47 AM

Have they said if MAF will play game 4? It wasn't his fault by any means, Pens were getting beat to all the pucks. He deserves another start imo.

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 05:58 AM

Sullivan said he 'hasnt thought about it.'

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 06:02 AM

Its a tough one. I am on the fence. One one hand, those were vintage fleury goals he gave up. On the other, he got the pens this far

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792500)
Its a tough one. I am on the fence. One one hand, those were vintage fleury goals he gave up. On the other, he got the pens this far

yeah, they don't get by the Caps without him. Would be bad if that's his last game as a Pen before he goes to Vegas.

Roose13 05-18-2017 06:03 AM

That was fun last night. Let's do it two more times.

Dramageek 05-18-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792500)

Eh, the first two were shitty bounces, too. Can't put it all on MAF. And the offense needs to come back to life, too.

aeroshady 05-18-2017 06:09 AM

I want to like the Sens because I actually like Ottawa and have been there for a game. I just really hate trap style hockey. The Devils pretty much ruined hockey in the 1990's playing that crap. Ottawa is doing the same. I want to see the trap fail, because if it doesn't, more teams will adapt that style and boring hockey across the NHL will be coming our way.

I can't even count how many 0-0 games I attended in New Jersey in the late 90's and early 00's....

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16792506)
Eh, the first two were shitty bounces, too. Can't put it all on MAF. And the offense needs to come back to life, too.

Yea it is certainly a collective cluster right now

TheLastPig 05-18-2017 06:19 AM

Props to the Sens last night. They came out flying. First home conference finals game in a decade definitely played into that. MAF let in a couple iffy ones but its not all on him.

I have confidence they can bounce back, but they have to make a strong push friday out of the gates.

This isnt based on anything but I think Hornqvist laces them up friday and that will be a biiig help against a team like the Sens. Would be nice to get Schultz back but im doubting it.

To the Sens credit their positioning has really affected the Pens through the neutral zone. But at the same time, there have been alot of passes there and the Pens arent connecting on them... Sens doing a great job getting in passing lanes and blocking shots in their defensive end, but the Pens are still getting tons of chances, but theyre either not burying them or its because Anderson is making a big save time and time again.

As far as MAF/Murray... this is a tough decision. Toughest Sullivan has had as Pens coach. But just off my gut reaction, id go Murray. I say this because of how much the puck has been bouncing around unpredictably in this series, and also because of the way the boards are in Ottawa. MAF has always had trouble with bounces like that, and they happen often there. Murray is a calming influence in net with that kind of stuff. Also I think MAF's play has dropped off slightly in this series. He has been a little sketchy handling the puck, and he isnt covering the net east to west very well right now. If you go to Murray it might send the team a bit of a jolt too.

But even with all that said I still feel good with either guy, I just think Murray is the correct choice right now.

TheLastPig 05-18-2017 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16792506)

That first one cant go in.

Pens lost the faceoff... which they are getting dominated in this series and need to make a change, but that goal is not one that should sneak in, it wasnt a surprising shot, goalie has to cover his post, and it opened the flood gates.

jrkarger 05-18-2017 06:44 AM

I think it's a coin flip on the goalies. My only concern about "giving MAF another chance" is that unlike last year when Murray was pulled the Pens are trailing in the series. They don't have a cushion to "give another chance". With that said, I'm on the side that most of those goals weren't MAF's fault. Glad I'm not Sully having to make this decision.

Another thing...

I hope all those ignoramus fanboys howling on twitter, Madden's show, and the Fan about playing Streit over Matta will finally STFU. Dear God I thought he was effing terrible last night.

TheLastPig 05-18-2017 06:46 AM

Agreed about Maatta/Streit. Maatta has been bad though.

I dont think they will be dressing 7 D again this series

jrkarger 05-18-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16792572)
Agreed about Maatta/Streit. Maatta has been bad though.

I dont think they will be dressing 7 D again this series

I hope not.

My wife wondered why they were so bad last night.

My response was they have a team half full of minor leaguers, obi-wan-jobronis, and a one legged Daley

Letang, Hornqvist, Rust, Shultz. Yikes.

Letang and Shultz both healthy, Streit and Hainsey never see the ice.

fonzz41 05-18-2017 07:33 AM

I'm a fan of Hainsey, but he's definitely being (out of necessity) over-utilized. At this point in his career, he's better as a 5-6 and PK-er.

Rough draw for the Pens, and good on the Sens for capitalizing.

Roose13 05-18-2017 09:09 AM

May have met the first ever Canadians who didn’t know shit about hockey. I saw they were from Ontario and asked if they were Senators or Leafs fans and the lady didn’t know what the hell I was talking about haha. I mean Christ, one of the major teams where they’re from just murdered the reigning Stanley Cup champs last night!

Dramageek 05-18-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16792771)
May have met the first ever Canadians who didn’t know shit about hockey. I saw they were from Ontario and asked if they were Senators or Leafs fans and the lady didn’t know what the hell I was talking about haha. I mean Christ, one of the major teams where they’re from just murdered the reigning Stanley Cup champs last night!

I thought hockey appreciation was a subject all
Canadians studied in grade school.

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16792771)

Even if you aren't a fan, how you can have no knowledge of what is going on amazes me.

salrx95 05-18-2017 10:45 AM

Some of you guys in here might get a kick out of this

https://twitter.com/IslesRW/status/865178372300840961

:D:D

Roose13 05-18-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16792915)
I thought hockey appreciation was a subject all
Canadians studied in grade school.

Seriously. I'm surprised Wayne Gretzky isn't on some form of currency yet, or they aren't working on their own Mount Rushmore of hockey greats.

barbogast 05-18-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16792928)

:lol :lol :lol

Dramageek 05-18-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Fantastico! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16792938)
Seriously. I'm surprised Wayne Gretzky isn't on some form of currency yet, or they aren't working on their own Mount Rushmore of hockey greats.

Seriously. He should at least be on the Looney. And there's gotta be some glacier somewhere they can carve his face into.

TheLastPig 05-18-2017 11:06 AM

anyone catch this last night?

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/15/...sby-and-toews/

I want to watch it.

Also that Phil tweet is aweoms

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16792964)

I want to watch it.

Also that Phil tweet is aweoms

I didn't hear, but will have to watch.

Not sure why a soccer video is at the top of the article but whatever NBC.

fonzz41 05-18-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Absolutely, 100% perfect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16792964)

I want to watch it.

I watched some shorter clips of it that they released leading up to it. Crosby and Toews both looked sorta uncomfortable :lol (can't blame them... in the presence of royalty)

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 11:33 AM

Neither of them are the most charismatic when it comes to talking to the media.

fonzz41 05-18-2017 11:35 AM

All things considered, they were fine. If I were JT sitting next to Number 4, I would be an absolute wreck. My pants would be a wreck too.

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793025)
All things considered, they were fine. If I were JT sitting next to Number 4, I would be an absolute wreck. My pants would be a wreck too.

More than #52 or tough call?

fonzz41 05-18-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16793027)
More than #52 or tough call?

Probably more, but good question. #52 is my favorite all-time player, but Bobby Orr is Bobby Orr. Like the closest thing to Jesus that's ever been on this good earth.

I think I've already talked about this in here, but I actually met Adam Foote at the airport a few years back. It was super creepy of me though. I was in the security line, and about 20 people up, I saw him. I was like, "no mistaking that nose. That HAS to be Adam Foote." But of course, we were in the security line so I couldn't just go up to him. By the time I got through security, he was gone. I had time to kill, so I went full stalker-mode and thought, "I bet he's going back to Denver. Worth a shot." So I went up to those big boards that show all the flights and looked for all the Denver departures, then embarked on my quest to have a look at all those gates. Sure enough, I FOUND HIM. He was with his wife, so I didn't want to be too intrusive, but I approached him, introduced myself, told him he was my favorite player of all time (he seemed genuinely surprised - guessing he doesn't get that much. Not sure why), and then went on my way...

... to the bathroom. To change my pants.

Roose13 05-18-2017 05:58 PM

Beauty of a slap shot snipe by the Ducks in the first

Lcsulla 05-18-2017 07:59 PM

Seriously, not one of the refs on the ice saw that blatant crosscheck behind the net seconds before the tying goal by the preds? Wow, that was some awful vision by the refs.

Lcsulla 05-18-2017 08:05 PM

Wow, not even just the crosscheck. After regulation ended the intermission report showed a pred punching a duck in the face before the crosscheck. 2 penalties they missed in 5 seconds.

fonzz41 05-18-2017 08:12 PM

That's the kind of soft cross check that never gets called, especially in the playoffs. Not saying it's right, but I'm not surprised at all it didn't get called.

Lcsulla 05-18-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793394)
That's the kind of soft cross check that never gets called, especially in the playoffs. Not saying it's right, but I'm not surprised at all it didn't get called.

It is still a penalty whether it is the regular season or the playoffs. Did you see the punch by one of the preds right in front of the net seconds before that crosscheck?

I hate the Ducks and cannot stand Perry but thanks for winning it and having his shot deflect in off subban! New series now.

Hope we get a ducks/Sens final and the Sens just crush them!

fonzz41 05-18-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16793423)
It is still a penalty whether it is the regular season or the playoffs. Did you see the punch by one of the preds right in front of the net seconds before that crosscheck?

I hate the Ducks and cannot stand Perry but thanks for winning it and having his shot deflect in off subban! New series now.

Hope we get a ducks/Sens final and the Sens just crush them!

No question it was an infraction. Just saying a soft one like that won't get called. It happens all the time, and we usually only notice it when it's someone we're cheering against. #garageleague

Lcsulla 05-18-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793440)
No question it was an infraction. Just saying a soft one like that won't get called. It happens all the time, and we usually only notice it when it's someone we're cheering against. #garageleague

Agreed Matty!

Roose13 05-19-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793058)
Probably more, but good question. #52 is my favorite all-time player, but Bobby Orr is Bobby Orr. Like the closest thing to Jesus that's ever been on this good earth.

I think I've already talked about this in here, but I actually met Adam Foote at the airport a few years back. It was super creepy of me though. I was in the security line, and about 20 people up, I saw him. I was like, "no mistaking that nose. That HAS to be Adam Foote." But of course, we were in the security line so I couldn't just go up to him. By the time I got through security, he was gone. I had time to kill, so I went full stalker-mode and thought, "I bet he's going back to Denver. Worth a shot." So I went up to those big boards that show all the flights and looked for all the Denver departures, then embarked on my quest to have a look at all those gates. Sure enough, I FOUND HIM. He was with his wife, so I didn't want to be too intrusive, but I approached him, introduced myself, told him he was my favorite player of all time (he seemed genuinely surprised - guessing he doesn't get that much. Not sure why), and then went on my way...

... to the bathroom. To change my pants.

That's a really cool story. I find it funny he was genuinely surprised :lol:lol

I've never met any of my hockey heroes other than riding the elevator up to the press box with one of my friends, who's a reporter, and Ron Hextall and making small talk on the ride up.

Met Gretzky as a kid (maybe 10ish) and got his autograph but was too young to appreciate it (still have the card with me). I met Gordie and Mark Howe a few years ago in the press box, and both, especially Mark, were very nice. Also tried to get Mario Lemieux's autograph as a kid at a charity golf tournament and he blew me off... and then signed and took photos with a bunch of rich people :lol:lol Also met Grant Fuhr at the same tournament and he was nice, as was Brian Propp.

I think that's about it. And that's not counting dozens of interviews with current and former players.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 07:09 AM

Missed the game last night. Seemed like a good one. Glad the ducks tied it up though.

Getting nervous about tonight.

Dramageek 05-19-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793440)

My older brother and step dad always text each other during games, and every time we see a questionable call go by the wayside we just write "playoff hockey." I've always been of the mindset that if something's an infraction on some random Tuesday night in December should be an infraction in the the third round of the playoffs, but that's never how it works.

As for tonight, I'm resigned to the fact that no matter the intelligent schemes Sully comes up with to get around Ottawa, the Pens might finally be out of gas. Sounds like no Schultz, Rust or Hornqvist again. Le sigh.

fonzz41 05-19-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16793657)
My older brother and step dad always text each other during games, and every time we see a questionable call go by the wayside we just write "playoff hockey." I've always been of the mindset that if something's an infraction on some random Tuesday night in December should be an infraction in the the third round of the playoffs, but that's never how it works.

For sure. They often "let the players play", a philosophy which can impact the rhythm and momentum of the game in a positive way, but can lead to a lot of "what ifs" when potential PP opportunities are missed.

But the crosscheck in question last night... it probably wouldn't even be called in the middle of the season on a Tuesday night game in front of a Florida Panthers crowd. Soft. JR, of course, screaming about it like it was on pair with the one that gave Sid the concussion. :lol

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 07:59 AM

While I didnt see last night's, Ive gotta give credit to JR, he is the best guy doing between period and after game analysis on NBCSN now I think. He actually gets excited about stuff, isnt biased and is generally pleasant to listen to.

Really changed from maybe 3 or so years back.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:00 AM

Great sign :lol

https://twitter.com/stoolchiclets/st...00057901613062

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:21 AM

Murray looks to be starting tonight.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 08:32 AM

Source? 888888888888888888

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793743)
Source? 888888888888888888

Just found this

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...86751519080448

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793746)

Yeah, that.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 08:36 AM

Ahhh, i see.

My bad. Twitter is blocked at work.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793750)
Ahhh, i see.

My bad. Twitter is blocked at work.

Losers.

"Matt Murray n'a pas partagé le filet et est le premier gardien ŕ quitter l'entraînement. Il affrontera les @senators ce soir. #seriesLNH"

Or if you HAVE to have it in English:

"Matt Murray first out this morning. Had his own net at practice. He will face the @senators tonight. Marc-André Fleury doing extra."

Dramageek 05-19-2017 08:56 AM

Hmm, not sure I agree with that move. But maybe the more positionally sound Murray is a better option against Ottawa. I don't know. At least if they lose, they won't have to answer why they didn't try this option. :lol

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16793767)
Hmm, not sure I agree with that move. But maybe the more positionally sound Murray is a better option against Ottawa. I don't know. At least if they lose, they won't have to answer why they didn't try this option. :lol

I think its the safer bet for the reasoned I mentioned yesterday. He controls loose pucks, fluery has started to look shaky and maybe it puts a little extra bounce in their step.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

I hope that wasn't brought into their reasoning. lol but you do know they would hear it. Even if they lost the next two games 1-0 in both people would ask why didn't you make the change?

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:11 AM

Very interesting going with Murray. I've been going back and forth about this. I am Murray guy, but i would have gone with fleury. Then again, i know Murray is Sully's guy. Very tough decision

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:13 AM

I mean, one of the bigger arguments from earlier in the season was that murray controlled things better than fleury, it seemed to have a calming effect on the team. Maf was known to give up early and/or big goals. We'll see

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16793757)
Or if you HAVE to have it in English:

"Matt Murray first out this morning. Had his own net at practice. He will face the @senators tonight. Marc-André Fleury doing extra."

I think most of us in here would prefer to read that news in English rather than swahili! :lol

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

I know this is sort of a must win game for the Pens but MAF has been damn solid through the playoffs, if they do end up repeating the guy has to be on the short list for the Conn Smyth.

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:52 AM

Not going to matter who is in net if they dont score.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 09:58 AM

Pens need to win tonight. With all their injuries, they can't go down 3-1. 3-1 is tough enough but missing all the guys they are missing makes it even tougher.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 10:21 AM

Yikes just saw the post gazette sports front page was a headline asking about who should start, they had a picutre of MAF on the left, then someone totally fucked up and put a picture of Jarry on the right :lol

So blatant too, it says JARRY right on the bottom of his mask clear as day

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16793785)
I mean, one of the bigger arguments from earlier in the season was that murray controlled things better than fleury, it seemed to have a calming effect on the team. Maf was known to give up early and/or big goals. We'll see

I think this is exactly why hes starting.

Plus you kind of throw the Sens a bit of a monkey wrench away from their scouting report on the goalie

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793844)
I think this is exactly why hes starting.

Plus you kind of throw the Sens a bit of a monkey wrench away from their scouting report on the goalie

As Bradshaw06 stated it doesn't matter who is in goal if the Pens cannot score.

Also, after last year I am pretty sure every team has a game plan for both Pens goalies.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16793882)
As Bradshaw06 stated it doesn't matter who is in goal if the Pens cannot score.

Also, after last year I am pretty sure every team has a game plan for both Pens goalies.

oh im sure they do. But it having not been in practice for 3 games may help.

Some people are flipping the fuck out here. Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I was walking down the street coming back from lunch, and im wearing a pens shirt. Random dude stopped me and said "You see Murray is starting?" me: "yeah" him: "I think thats a dumb decision"

I fucking hate yinzers

Dramageek 05-19-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793887)
oh im sure they do. But it having not been in practice for 3 games may help.

Some people are flipping the fuck out here. Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I was walking down the street coming back from lunch, and im wearing a pens shirt. Random dude stopped me and said "You see Murray is starting?" me: "yeah" him: "I think thats a dumb decision"

I fucking hate yinzers

This grinds my gears a bit, too. These are the same people who wanted Fleury run out of town on a rail. These people are totally reactionary and incapable of analytical thought. Mike Sullivan is 6-0 in playoff series so far. I will trust he has good reason for his decisions until proven otherwise.

fonzz41 05-19-2017 11:44 AM

If I'm going to start a cold goalie, I'd rather it be in a non-elimination game than an elimination game. If it doesn't work out, their backs will still be against the wall, but at least they still have some life and can reassess, going back to MAF if necessary. If it does work out, well, now the series is tied rather than 3-1.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793904)
If I'm going to start a cold goalie, I'd rather it be in a non-elimination game than an elimination game. If it doesn't work out, their backs will still be against the wall, but at least they still have some life and can reassess, going back to MAF if necessary. If it does work out, well, now the series is tied rather than 3-1.

Good point.

Plus murray got over 2 periods of work wednesday, and the Sens pressured the whole time he was in, they werent sitting back.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793887)
Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I'm assuming this is the fan?

There is nothing worse than dumb yinzers calling the radio station that only cares about hockey for 10 min a day for 45 days out of the year.

:BANG

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793919)
I'm assuming this is the fan?

There is nothing worse than dumb yinzers calling the radio station that only cares about hockey for 10 min a day for 45 days out of the year.

:BANG

Yeah it was on the fan.

Ill give starkey & mueller credit, they talk hockey, but noone else on that station knows what theyre talking about.

Its absolutely pathetic they have Paul Zeise as their Pens post-game guy. Totally laughable. I know ive said in here before, but my close friend sat next to him at a pens game in 2013.. he said out loud he didnt know how icing works.

The best that station ever was, was when Mueller had the 6-10 solo and dunlap had 10-2 solo. Dunlap was hysterical. Might have been the best talk radio ive ever heard. Now that he's on mornings he has no personality and has become totally full of himself.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793929)
Yeah it was on the fan.

Ill give starkey & mueller credit, they talk hockey, but noone else on that station knows what theyre talking about.

Its absolutely pathetic they have Paul Zeise as their Pens post-game guy. Totally laughable. I know ive said in here before, but my close friend sat next to him at a pens game in 2013.. he said out loud he didnt know how icing works.

The best that station ever was, was when Mueller had the 6-10 solo and dunlap had 10-2 solo. Dunlap was hysterical. Might have been the best talk radio ive ever heard. Now that he's on mornings he has no personality and has become totally full of himself.

I don't know about Starkey & Mueller. Mueller is ok I suppose but I can't think of another nerdy or more dweebey (sp?) guy talking sports than Starkey.

And, at least to me, those guys still only pay lip service to the Pens. I turned them on in car around 5:30 the night of Game 7 against the caps when Madden went to commerical. They were talking Pirates. I said "NOPE" and changed the channel.

I do like Dunlap and listen to the morning show for lack of alternative. Although I float between them and DVE. But, the guys on DVE have gotten so carmageddony too.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793940)
I don't know about Starkey & Mueller. Mueller is ok I suppose but I can't think of another nerdy or more dweebey (sp?) guy talking sports than Starkey.

And, at least to me, those guys still only pay lip service to the Pens. I turned them on in car around 5:30 the night of Game 7 against the caps when Madden went to commerical. They were talking Pirates. I said "NOPE" and changed the channel.

I do like Dunlap and listen to the morning show for lack of alternative. Although I float between them and DVE. But, the guys on DVE have gotten so carmageddony too.

Oh im with you on starkey. Im not a fan of his. I like Mueller the most on that station currently.

Everyone there is a shill for the pirates and its annoying.

No Hornqvist tonight. fuck.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:10 PM

Madden just said Sully might go seven D again.

Great.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:13 PM

ugh. I dont have a very good feeling.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 12:46 PM

My cable has been out since yesterday afternoon and might not be back on by game time. Fuckers.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:49 PM

NBCSN app?

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793983)
NBCSN app?

yeah download it on your xbox or playstation if you have one and you can just stream it on your tv from there.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:52 PM

Depending on your TV you can even cast it straight from your phone.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793983)
NBCSN app?

Never tried it. Will give it a try tonight if it's not back on by game time. Not sure I've ever tried to stream video in my house outside of wifi. Hope the signal is good enough.

edit: No internet either. We had a pretty big wind storm that fucked up a lot in the area.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16793987)
Never tried it. Will give it a try tonight if it's not back on by game time. Not sure I've ever tried to stream video in my house outside of wifi. Hope the signal is good enough.

:confused

You can be on wifi and stream it

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793988)
:confused

You can be on wifi and stream it

Edited my post. internet and tv out.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:56 PM

No internet either? Yikes.

Looks like it's bar time!

~Crashintome89~ 05-19-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

why is his nips so hard?

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16793990)
Edited my post. internet and tv out.

Ah I see.

Well I can say I streamed the first two periods of game 7 last week sitting in PNC park and it was good the whole time.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 02:41 PM

Tv and internet back on thankfully. We're good to go.

Dramageek 05-19-2017 02:43 PM

So on my way home from work I was following a gray Ford Explorer with a Pens sticker and a firedancer sticker on the back window. That wasn't any of you knuckleheads was it? :lol

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 02:47 PM

Johansen done for the playoffs. Are we really gonna get Sens/Ducks 10 years later?

fonzz41 05-19-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16794094)
Johansen done for the playoffs. Are we really gonna get Sens/Ducks 10 years later?

Damn... that hurts bad. Could they still win without him? Possibly. But that is a very heavy blow. He played in a lot of situations and despite the Kesler stuff, is a hard-working and versatile guy to have in the lineup.

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 05:14 PM

Sens anthem singer is a huge step up in the looks department from that gladiator non sense they had years ago.

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 05:44 PM

So if Pittsburgh loses tonight do they go back to MAF for game 5 or stick with Murray?

Dramageek 05-19-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16794146)
So if Pittsburgh loses tonight do they go back to MAF for game 5 or stick with Murray?

Unless Murray's leg falls off I think they're sticking with him until the bitter end! But Olli Maaatttaaaa with the all-important first goal!

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 05:56 PM

Mah boy Olli

hailtopitt 05-19-2017 06:26 PM

That interference call on Cole was one of the worst I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lockman21 05-19-2017 07:39 PM

Just in case anyone is still trying to watch:

Code:

https://youtu.be/APJxyqS9PHo

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16794166)
That interference call on Cole was one of the worst I've seen

Yeah, refs have been pretty inconsistent tonight, drives me nuts.

As a Whalers fan (before they skipped town) I cannot stand the penguins but Murray is playing damn good which is even more impressive due to their lack of solid D men!

Tie it up and force OT Ottawa - then take a commanding 3-1 lead in the series!

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 07:49 PM

My chest

thedak 05-19-2017 07:51 PM

Sheesh.......

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 07:59 PM

Murray was fantastic.

hailtopitt 05-19-2017 08:20 PM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

My heart is blown

Pens need to be even better in game 5...Ottawa is locked in

Roenick having some HOT TAKES regarding Karlsson right now

hailtopitt 05-19-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16794216)
Murray was fantastic.

Agreed...although something tells me Fleury's athleticism saves that 1st goal...the2nd goal was a ridiculous pinball

Murray showed up for sure though which is al that matters

Best of 3 now and pens regained home ice

salrx95 05-20-2017 03:26 AM

Damn. Preds losing Johansen for the playoffs hurt bigly.

JRS1386 05-20-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16794232)
Agreed...although something tells me Fleury's athleticism saves that 1st goal...the2nd goal was a ridiculous pinball

Murray showed up for sure though which is al that matters

Best of 3 now and pens regained home ice

Home field advantage has not seemed to matter in this series. We will see if it does for these next two games. If the Penns come out and dominate Game 5 I think it's over in 6 and vice versa.

Dramageek 05-20-2017 08:33 AM

Though the Pens are hardly the world beaters they were last year, but I still like their chances with 2 of 3 at home. Hopefully the offense continues to wake back up. White-knuckling your way to a Stanley Cup is still winning a Stanley Cup. :lol

TheLastPig 05-20-2017 09:00 AM

Any thoughts on that hit on ruhwedel?

It looked bad to me. I know the elbow wasn't extended but it was an unnecessary hit to the head while ruhwedel was already falling down.