Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Chat Threads (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   The Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307801)

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:18 PM

Re: The Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkhouser (Post 16289800)
damn. jealous

come on down bro, we'll get BBQ and cuddle

YouNeverKnow25 02-10-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16289845)
Rained piss :lol

:lol
Quote:

Hey man, glad to hear you had fun. Apologies on the outcome, but from the looks of it they'll have plenty more opportunities :)

I agree that they seem to be set up for the near future but don't you think the packers told themselves after 2010 that they'd be back in the super bowl a half dozen times over the next decade? and they at least won the super bowl they got to. fuck the broncos and the panthers' terrible o-line and receivers.

Quote:

Not everybody gets to say they've been to a SuperBowl!!

yeah good point

LadyMadonna68 02-10-2016 01:20 PM

It's tight man I'm telling you. I have a whole litany of shortcuts and shit set up. Tap the "sexy time" shortcut widget on my phone, only the bedroom lights stay on (at 2%) and Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" starts playing over Spotify on my computer speakers

LadyMadonna68 02-10-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16289851)
I scoped stub hub every 60 seconds pretty much literally from the moment I got there. I didn't have tickets; I knew I would get some but it was a matter of how much I was going to spend.

Well on Friday morning at 8 am local time a pair popped up that was within my budget, so I tried to buy them. It said "error processing your payment--please try again." So I did. And again. And again. Etc. It just kept telling me to try again ("well people kept ringing the bell!").

Well as it turned out stub hub was putting an authorization for the several thousand dollars that the tickets cost every time I "tried again" as instructed. Also it turned out that the tickets were never actually available because the seller had taken down the listing but the site wasn't showing that.

It turned out that I had $256,000 in pending authorizations to my credit card. Stub Hub credited each attempted purchase right back, but my stupid ass bank for whatever reason doesn't process credits for 5-7 business days, with 24 business hours being the extreme rush edition.

So I was 3000 miles away from home with no credit card. I had my bank card but that's it. More galling was that I spent like 10-15 hours of my vacation stuck in my hotel room on the phone trying to fix that shit. Fucking annoying.

:lol:lol oh fuck omg. What a nightmare

unccrombie 02-10-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 (Post 16289755)
QFA:

What will be your next single item purchase that is over $100

airfare

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289756)
had lunch catered from the cafe in our complex

1 cup wedding soup
side salad w/ italian dressing
grilled chicken in a spinach wrap w/swiss cheese, lettuce & tomato
homemade potato chips
orange juice
water

sounds dank

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16289768)
I'm gonna buy a fancy belt to hang myself with

glad you're well!

Quote:

I scoped stub hub every 60 seconds pretty much literally from the moment I got there. I didn't have tickets; I knew I would get some but it was a matter of how much I was going to spend.

Well on Friday morning at 8 am local time a pair popped up that was within my budget, so I tried to buy them. It said "error processing your payment--please try again." So I did. And again. And again. Etc. It just kept telling me to try again ("well people kept ringing the bell!").

Well as it turned out stub hub was putting an authorization for the several thousand dollars that the tickets cost every time I "tried again" as instructed. Also it turned out that the tickets were never actually available because the seller had taken down the listing but the site wasn't showing that.

It turned out that I had $256,000 in pending authorizations to my credit card. Stub Hub credited each attempted purchase right back, but my stupid ass bank for whatever reason doesn't process credits for 5-7 business days, with 24 business hours being the extreme rush edition.

So I was 3000 miles away from home with no credit card. I had my bank card but that's it. More galling was that I spent like 10-15 hours of my vacation stuck in my hotel room on the phone trying to fix that shit. Fucking annoying.

I would have western unioned you some Franks, man. just ask next time

YouNeverKnow25 02-10-2016 01:22 PM

I mean I had money but there were principalities involved smokey

scrock25 02-10-2016 01:23 PM

OMG $256k :lol :lol

JFC

Glad everything worked out for you Graham.

Arby 02-10-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

:lol JfC. The concert ticketing system is all sorts of fucked. Almost as much as ISPs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 (Post 16289862)
It's tight man I'm telling you. I have a whole litany of shortcuts and shit set up. Tap the "sexy time" shortcut widget on my phone, only the bedroom lights stay on (at 2%) and Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" starts playing over Spotify on my computer speakers

:lol:lol

Funkhouser 02-10-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Wow. I probably would have started crying tbh. Glad it worked out. This might be personal so don't answer if you don't want to but how much did the trip cost all together?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289854)
come on down bro, we'll get BBQ and cuddle

yes

and thats my final answer lmao

Funkhouser 02-10-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkhouser (Post 16289876)
Wow. I probably would have started crying tbh. Glad it worked out. This might be personal so don't answer if you don't want to but how much did the trip cost all together?

also what is your ssn?

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:29 PM

Regis, that sucks Tank

Arby 02-10-2016 01:33 PM

And on the 5th day Gelman said, "Let there be call in Trivia!"

YouNeverKnow25 02-10-2016 01:33 PM

the tickets were like 3100 apiece after the credit stub hub gave me (I had to buy stub hub because the tickets I was promised by a family friend fell through, SMH). the flight was 380. room was 255 total plus some points. dmb ticket was like 85. nfl experience was like 35 I think. all I bought at the game was a program for 20 bucks and a bunch of beer, maybe 4 or 5 at 13 a pop. went to the golden state-OKC game but made my friend pay for the ticket to that. ground transportation was probably like 100-150 total between ubers and train tickets.

ballpark of maybe 4 grand or so I dunno

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:35 PM

wait, the SB tickets alone were 6200 but your grand total was 4k?

or am i reading that wrong?

Arby 02-10-2016 01:36 PM

4k each, babe

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:38 PM

ahhh, gotcha

space_raven 02-10-2016 01:39 PM

We will not be entering in the 2016 Math League competition, that's for sure.

ryguy469 02-10-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289852)
i won't rule it out...what's going on at Wrigley?

AJF, KCR and I are going to be candy flipping in the outfield and disappearing into the ivy.

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy469 (Post 16289908)
AJF, KCR and I are going to be candy flipping in the outfield and disappearing into the ivy.

for Phish i assume?

space_raven 02-10-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289909)
for Phish i assume?

No, for Nationals v. Cubs

Christ...

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 16289913)
No, for Nationals v. Cubs

Christ...

could've been Pearl Jam or another concert

this conversation doesn't concern you anyway

Funkhouser 02-10-2016 01:48 PM

4K is not that bad. Expected worst. Glad you had a good time tank

space_raven 02-10-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289915)
could've been Pearl Jam or another concert

this conversation doesn't concern you anyway

Yeah, maybe, because the 3 of them won't shut up about PJ and never mention Phish.

I'm still clocked in so it concerns me.

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 16289918)
Yeah, maybe, because the 3 of them won't shut up about PJ and never mention Phish.

that's why i assumed he meant Phish, as you can see in my post

do you know what the word assume means?

ryguy469 02-10-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289909)
for Phish i assume?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xT77Y...kaNLEY/200.gif

Flights from Chicago to NY are so insanely cheap wow.

space_raven 02-10-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16289920)
that's why i assumed he meant Phish, as you can see in my post

do you know what the word assume means?

Now you're just making an ass of u and me.

Funkhouser 02-10-2016 01:52 PM

Yikes that was bad space.

space_raven 02-10-2016 01:54 PM

Okay, Funk.

hailtopitt 02-10-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy469 (Post 16289922)
https://media2.giphy.com/media/xT77Y...kaNLEY/200.gif

Flights from Chicago to NY are so insanely cheap wow.

depends how much i spend in Austin and on DMB

i loved Chicago when i was there though

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 16289923)
Now you're just making an ass of u and me.

yikes

Arby 02-10-2016 01:56 PM

4k isnt terrible. How could you have known that Cam Newton would shit the bed?