Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

dmbclstj2 06-17-2020 09:36 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Yep just heard that on sirus as well. Looking forward to this one.

Drock414 06-17-2020 10:12 AM

i hope they give us all the 2020 shows (D&T & DMB)

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 10:17 AM

It appears this is now a permanent station and has moved back to channel 30.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/dave-matth...ll-year-round/

Quote:

Want a fix of Dave Matthews Band that’s more than just short but sweet? Starting this Thursday, June 18, Dave Matthews Band Radio will return to Channel 30 and be available all year round (compared to its usual seasonal basis).

The beloved and much-revered channel, devoted to Dave Matthews Band’s extensive musical career, has been a favorite of SiriusXM listeners in recent years. The channel will continue to feature the band’s indelible hits, exclusive never-before-heard interview content, unreleased concerts, solo material, live songs, and musical influences. The channel will also feature additional, brand-new specials, including guest DJ sets from band members and an exclusive live at-home acoustic performance from Dave featuring a set of songs requested by SiriusXM listeners. Details on how listeners can make their song requests for this performance will be announced soon.

“DMB Radio has given us a special opportunity to connect with fans over the past few summers. We’re excited and grateful that SiriusXM has decided to make a year-round home for DMB Radio,” Dave Matthews said.

DMB Radio’s fan-favorite Friday Night Concert Series — featuring a complete show from the archives every Friday night at 8pm ET — will also continue with unreleased shows from recent tours and the band’s deeper archive. See the concert schedule below.

Upcoming Friday Night Concert Series Schedule

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Moon Palace, Cancun (February 15, 2020)

Friday, June 19 at 8pm ET (exclusive premiere)

Saturday, June 20 at 9am and 3pm ET

Sunday, June 21 at 11am and 5pm ET

Monday, June 22 at 1am and 12pm ET

Tuesday, June 23 at 4pm ET

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall, New York City (April 22, 2007)

Friday, June 26 at 8pm ET

Saturday, June 27 at 9am and 3pm ET

Sunday, June 28 at 11am and 5pm ET

Monday, June 29 at 1am and 12pm ET;

Tuesday, June 30 at 4pm ET

Dave Matthews Live From Home: By Request Set

Friday, July 3 at 8pm ET

Saturday, July 4 at 9am and 3pm ET

Sunday, July 5 at 11am and 5pm ET

Monday, July 6 at 1am and 12pm ET;

Tuesday, July 7 at 4pm ET

Cincinnati, Ohio (July 2, 2019)

Friday, July 10 at 8pm ET (exclusive premiere)

Saturday, July 11 at 9am and 3pm ET

Sunday, July 12 at 11am and 5pm ET

Monday, July 13 at 1am and 12pm ET;

Tuesday, July 14 at 4pm ET

Dave Matthews Band Radio is available to subscribers nationwide on SiriusXM as part of our best streaming offer yet: Stream SiriusXM for four months free. To see offer details and to start listening on the SiriusXM app, connected devices, and smart speakers in your home, go to SiriusXM.com/homefree.

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 10:19 AM

Woah: Dave Matthews Live From Home: By Request Set

The channel will also feature additional, brand-new specials, including guest DJ sets from band members and an exclusive live at-home acoustic performance from Dave featuring a set of songs requested by SiriusXM listeners. Details on how listeners can make their song requests for this performance will be announced soon.

flames_theman 06-17-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17730748)
It appears this is now a permanent station and has moved back to channel 30.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/dave-matth...ll-year-round/

Pretty pumped for the Dave and Tim México show this Friday!! Ants with a fiddle sounded awesome on people’s videos I saw!! Plus Amos Lee on Angel from Montgomery!!

dmbwadeo 06-17-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redder (Post 17730647)
Yeah, I noticed the same thing with the app. But on my in car radio it was playing dmb still. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have additional info?

DMB posted on Instagram that the channel is now on 30 to stay. Not sure if that manes the channel is here to stay or if it will be on 30 for the rest of its temporary run.

ALSO: just tuned to 30 and it is George Michael radio

It says starting 6/18 on the post. I didn't read that part. So I guess there is no DMB radio until tomorrow.

dmbclstj2 06-17-2020 10:34 AM

I hope they take this opportunity to really dig into the LT series and DMBLive as well.

bausty 06-17-2020 10:39 AM

Moving back to 30 today seems like this was the plan all along and probably the intended launch date considering the tour would have really started this week. 176 was always a place filler and I am hopeful that making it a year-round channel will inject some variety.

kenticus 06-17-2020 10:44 AM

So upcoming streams are:
Dave and tim - mexico feb 15 2020
DMB - Cincinnati July 2 2019

The other two announced are just radio city and one of the Dave solo streams...

More importantly - the station is staying permanent!

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbwadeo (Post 17730770)
DMB posted on Instagram that the channel is now on 30 to stay. Not sure if that manes the channel is here to stay or if it will be on 30 for the rest of its temporary run.

ALSO: just tuned to 30 and it is George Michael radio

It says starting 6/18 on the post. I didn't read that part. So I guess there is no DMB radio until tomorrow.

It's not on 176 right now still?

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 10:47 AM

The release also says that the Friday Night Concert Series will "continue with unreleased shows from recent tours and the band’s deeper archive."

Hopefully they actually mean actual deep shows.

kenticus 06-17-2020 10:51 AM

I cringed when I saw Cincy 2019 on the list - the set looks like a generally good 2019 set, my only complaint is I saw them at Tinley the next day! Imagine when all is said and done they likely will have released all of the 2019 tour on streams....they’re inching ever closer.

Mateo2k 06-17-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenticus (Post 17730805)
I cringed when I saw Cincy 2019 on the list - the set looks like a generally good 2019 set, my only complaint is I saw them at Tinley the next day! Imagine when all is said and done they likely will have released all of the 2019 tour on streams....they’re inching ever closer.

So you “cringed” because the band will be streaming a concert that took place just before a concert you attended a year ago.

This site is insane sometimes.

RSSR 06-17-2020 11:02 AM

DMB getting a permanent station, this is great news! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

fruchick 06-17-2020 11:16 AM

Excellent news. Will definitely pull the trigger on a subscription after my trial is up.

Dannyyankou 06-17-2020 11:17 AM

With the live from home show, I want as many people requesting Spoon as possible. That’s so good Dave solo.

TheStone91 06-17-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17730835)
With the live from home show, I want as many people requesting Spoon as possible. That’s so good Dave solo.

THE STONE! When’s the last time he played Stone solo? I feel like it’s been over a decade at least.

TheStone91 06-17-2020 12:00 PM

So the last time Dave played The Stone solo was 8/6/2003...wow. What a shame.

At least he went out with a bang:

https://youtu.be/JhHTzbqdOEQ

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 12:14 PM

The Stone
Spoon
Let You Down
JTR
Dodo
Up and Away
PFWYG

All of those would be towards the top of my list of songs that don’t get played often and would be unique to hear Dave solo (yes, some have been done before, but not recently).

Prezzy 06-17-2020 12:21 PM

Super stoked to relive Mexico.

kenticus 06-17-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mateo2k (Post 17730816)
So you “cringed” because the band will be streaming a concert that took place just before a concert you attended a year ago.

This site is insane sometimes.

Hahahaha I was joking around.....just having fun with it. I thoroughly appreciate the mountain of content they’re spooling out this year.

chadizzy1 06-17-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17730753)

The channel will also feature additional, brand-new specials, including guest DJ sets from band members and an exclusive live at-home acoustic performance from Dave featuring a set of songs requested by SiriusXM listeners. Details on how listeners can make their song requests for this performance will be announced soon.

I would subscribe to Sirius to be able to make requests.

monizzle145 06-17-2020 12:55 PM

Essentially the channel will be interesting every other Friday. Looking forward to the Mexico show and the Fan request show. Everything else is meh. You can stream radio city music hall on spotify at anytime so making it a friday night concert series show is like when they almost played listener supported for the drive in.

kenticus 06-17-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17730925)

Can you imagine? Ants folks should FLOOD it with stuff off the beaten path....

Gimme some spoon, #40, etc.....could be fun!

Watch it just end up being cornbread, space between, and can’t stop.

Cscottrun 06-17-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17730925)

I see a lot of people saying similar things. My
opinion is that Sirius is well worth it regardless of DMB radio. I can’t see myself ever going back to FM radio.

tubaguy1145 06-17-2020 01:26 PM

What an awesome lineup for the next month! Don’t sleep on the Cincinnati show either, the band was locked in that night and it’s well worth a listen.

Maybe whoever picks these Sirius shows could give the Drive-In some help.

LaLaLaLaHey 06-17-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17730753)

Ahh that’s crazy!! Can we push for all of the songs that are rarely played?

Cry Freedom
Busted Stuff
Broken Things
Let You Down
PFWYG
Spoon
Dreaming Tree
etc.

And also: His live at-home by request set will happen on July 3rd at 8pm EDT!

RSSR 06-17-2020 01:48 PM

I think Dave might use this as a means to gauge the public interest in what to bring back, but outside of the occasional debut, he's going to play what he wants. So I wouldn't put a lot of stock into this.

flames_theman 06-17-2020 02:12 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if when the request period opens it gives you options. Would you like Dave to play satellite, save me or mercy?

WidespreadMule3 06-17-2020 02:17 PM

Which one of you assholes is gonna request Cigarette Lit or People, People?