Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

DmBand801 10-14-2013 10:51 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14865985)
And so the changes begin. Guess Asham wasn't a great replacement for Prust after all. Biron..well, I think he is older now and not off to a good start. They likely want someone younger and better who can play more as they don't want to run the Queen into the ground.

I thought the Rangers are going to have to play Lundqvist a lot if they want to go anywhere this year. Waiving Biron allows them to call up that young goalie Talbot who was with them until late into the preseason.

This is a good opportunity for him to learn from Lundqvist on how to conduct yourself.

salrx95 10-14-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14865990)
I thought the Rangers are going to have to play Lundqvist a lot if they want to go anywhere this year. Waiving Biron allows them to call up that young goalie Talbot who was with them until late into the preseason.

This is a good opportunity for him to learn from Lundqvist on how to conduct yourself.

Yeah, I mean he is their best player and he'll need to be Vezina-like for them to go anywhere this year. So that makes sense, too, and probably helps cap-wise, too. At some point, though, he will need to play less games.

TMoore4075 10-14-2013 11:18 AM

Nice Weiss. Now let's hold onto this longer than 3 minutes this time.

aeroshady 10-14-2013 11:36 AM

Kind of a killer to have the Rangers start the year like this. Not giving me much incentive to spent money on attending a game. Looks like Bruins games will be my only live hockey this season right now.

TMoore4075 10-14-2013 12:23 PM

And another PP for Boston. Come on Wings don't keep giving them chances. One Boston team coming from behind is enough for 24 hours.

TMoore4075 10-14-2013 12:25 PM

Love that the Wings have a rookie out there on the PK. Depth is nice.

TMoore4075 10-14-2013 12:32 PM

That was too close for comfort. Weird listening on the radio, well computer, and not watching. Don't remember the last time I listened to a game. Made it more tense not being able to actually watch.

HallowBillies7 10-14-2013 12:34 PM

What a game, these two teams are going to have some great battles in the division.

kev87lads 10-14-2013 12:35 PM

Look at Tim! He's talking to himself! Look at him!

EVERYBODY! LOOk. At. TIM!

TMoore4075 10-14-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14865944)
Wow. What a play by Datsyuk and shot by Zetts. Lovin some afternoon hockey.

So this is what you were talking about huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91p_cOICtIc

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 14866163)
Look at Tim! He's talking to himself! Look at him!

EVERYBODY! LOOk. At. TIM!

There were people here! I swear!

kev87lads 10-14-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14866170)
So this is what you were talking about huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91p_cOICtIc

God. Those two are so unfair.

DMBnick15 10-14-2013 01:23 PM

been awhile since i've been on ants, GO BLUES! going to try and keep up with you all this season.

fonzz41 10-14-2013 01:39 PM

Catching up...
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14864357)
Hell, I'd even take Bryzgalov at this point. He may be a head case but he (can be a) hell of a goalie.

Really time for McTavish to make that "bold' move he keeps talking about. Ship Yakupov outta town and package him up for a goalie. Originally I thought a d-man would be a better choice but clearly the tender is what needs most improvement.

Bryz actually isn't a bad thought, but if he couldn't handle the pressure in Philly, could he in a Canadian market? Seems like he belongs in a place like FLA where there's no humangus expectations

Miller for Yakupov? You have to think MacTavish is considering something like that. That is, unless he pulls a Kovy. :rolleyes
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14864395)
Speaking of kids, how awesome was MacKinnon netting his first goal, Matt? Hilarious watching him celebrate. Giant smile on his face.

This was so cool. MacKinnon's been working SO hard every game, and you could almost seem starting to squeeze his stick a little too hard. I know it's only a handful of games into the season, but you can tell he puts an enormous amount of pressure on himself. The look of relief on his face was pretty magical.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14865813)
1) The Ducks sweaters were absolutely incredible. I always loved the Mighty Ducks, even if it was a Disney name. They were so sweet. I'd love to see that come back.

These were so awesome. I loved that that they even had the old school graphics and stuff on TV. Would love to see them adopt those sweaters as 3rd jerseys.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14865963)
Sorry. Yeah, I'm off today. Pays to be laid up off my feet from surgery. I won't spoil any more.

Whatever it is, hope you have a speedy recovery, Sal. :thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14865985)
And so the changes begin. Guess Asham wasn't a great replacement for Prust after all. Biron..well, I think he is older now and not off to a good start. They likely want someone younger and better who can play more as they don't want to run the Queen into the ground.

I think the big reason for keeping Biron was his locker room presence. Apparently he's a fantastic leader and a real gel guy. In the past, his attitude plus experience made him the perfect backup for a guy like Hank, but now I think those intangibles don't quite make up for the fact that he may have just reached the end of the line. Too bad, because again, he seems like a great guy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14866131)
Love that the Wings have a rookie out there on the PK. Depth is nice.

MacKinnon has been taking a shift here and there on the PK as well. Sometimes, that tenacity and desire to prove oneself makes rookies the perfect candidates for PK minutes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBnick15 (Post 14866263)
been awhile since i've been on ants, GO BLUES! going to try and keep up with you all this season.

Welcome! Look out for Bonzo... Some members of the Blues kissed his sister or something and he's pretty butthurt by it all. ;)

salrx95 10-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14866323)
Catching up...

Whatever it is, hope you have a speedy recovery, Sal. :thumbsup

I think the big reason for keeping Biron was his locker room presence. Apparently he's a fantastic leader and a real gel guy. In the past, his attitude plus experience made him the perfect backup for a guy like Hank, but now I think those intangibles don't quite make up for the fact that he may have just reached the end of the line. Too bad, because again, he seems like a great guy.

;)

Thanks. Nothing major. Had a fasciotomy done to my left foot. Had the right one done 2 years ago. Suffered for a long time with plantar fasciitis in first the right, then the left foot. Didn't let it go too long with the left. Limped around on right for too long and wound up with hip/groin issues. If I had a desk job, I could be back to work fast but since I stand for 40+ hours a week, Dr has me out for 6 weeks. So I'm enjoying the time off, though not enjoying the strain it puts on the wife. Looking forward to being healed and able to play ball with the kids and not be in pain afterwards. Never mind the agony I'm in while at work and especially right after I get home from work when all the pain building up all day just oozes out on the ride home. Not gonna miss the walk from the car to the couch when I get home work and how much that freaking hurt. Of course, I still have a herniated disc but we'll figure that out at a later date.

Yeah, Biron is a very good guy and clubhouse guy. Was so when he was with the Islanders. Hate to see guys like lose their job but he has a bunch of kids, I'm pretty sure, so he will stay busy. Plus his personality might put him in some TV booth soon, too.

mr.MikeD 10-14-2013 04:30 PM

Yak a healthy scratch again. Wonder if it's just coach trying to light a fire under the kid or something more like a trade in the works? I'm inclined to think the first.

dmbetc 10-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Welcome! Hope you stick around! Blues look good this year.

HallowBillies7 10-14-2013 10:29 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Wrong link sorry

bonzo48280 10-14-2013 10:30 PM

is that the correct link?

bonzo48280 10-14-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

welcome! Hopefully you do stick around!

Now that is the only sort of positive light you will ever get from me, as the Blues can go to hell.

But hopefully YOU stick around, I love it when there are more people in here!

HallowBillies7 10-14-2013 10:32 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 14866844)
is that the correct link?

Nope sorry, tried posting this from my iphone. Was Milan Lucic's top 10 fights from TSN. I don't know what the hell happened

Edit:
http://youtu.be/KthQD9W1Pnw

Hopefully worked this time?

TMoore4075 10-15-2013 05:28 AM

So Oilers still suck. Maybe a shakeup coming? Something needs to happen. The Avs are better, the Wild are better, the Blues are better but the Oilers are still the same.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-15-2013 06:23 AM

Tough road stretch coming up for the Jackets here.

I know it's early to panic (unless you're the flyers) but I was really hoping they'd look a little stronger out of the gate.

Does anyone else think they are good fit for Vanek?

fonzz41 10-15-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14866363)
Thanks. Nothing major. Had a fasciotomy done to my left foot. Had the right one done 2 years ago. Suffered for a long time with plantar fasciitis in first the right, then the left foot. Didn't let it go too long with the left. Limped around on right for too long and wound up with hip/groin issues. If I had a desk job, I could be back to work fast but since I stand for 40+ hours a week, Dr has me out for 6 weeks. So I'm enjoying the time off, though not enjoying the strain it puts on the wife. Looking forward to being healed and able to play ball with the kids and not be in pain afterwards. Never mind the agony I'm in while at work and especially right after I get home from work when all the pain building up all day just oozes out on the ride home. Not gonna miss the walk from the car to the couch when I get home work and how much that freaking hurt. Of course, I still have a herniated disc but we'll figure that out at a later date.

Yeah, Biron is a very good guy and clubhouse guy. Was so when he was with the Islanders. Hate to see guys like lose their job but he has a bunch of kids, I'm pretty sure, so he will stay busy. Plus his personality might put him in some TV booth soon, too.

Sounds painful, but glad you were able to start getting it resolved. You're right about the broadcasting job... I'm sure there's no shortage of options for him.

On an unrelated note, guys: keep an eye on this Brodin kid in Minny. I finally watched him play a whole game and I couldn't believe how smart he is. He's already developed instincts that Tyler Myers didn't even know existed. He will be a very steady defenseman for a long time.

fonzz41 10-15-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14866983)
Tough road stretch coming up for the Jackets here.

I know it's early to panic (unless you're the flyers) but I was really hoping they'd look a little stronger out of the gate.

Does anyone else think they are good fit for Vanek?

I'm interested to see what he and Gaborik could do together.

TMoore4075 10-15-2013 09:14 AM

Do they have a center to play with them? Have to say I don't even know half their players.

swordo84 10-15-2013 09:16 AM

Just a general #facepalm Nothing more can be said.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-15-2013 09:18 AM

:lol well you'll get to see tonight.

They have Dubinsky, Johansen and Anisimov.

edit: Dubinsky would be my pick to center that line.

TMoore4075 10-15-2013 09:23 AM

Oh yeah that's right they do play tonight. That afternoon game totally threw me off yesterday.

TMoore4075 10-15-2013 05:26 PM

Hey Matt, Alfie now has 1 goal and 4 assists in his last three games since your post.

salrx95 10-15-2013 05:27 PM

Man, this was a lot of blood. That's gonna need a lot of stitches. Was really worried about him for a few seconds. But he wasn't down long.

Not for the squeamish!!

http://islanderspointblank.com/islan...warning-blood/