Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 04-22-2018 06:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)

Let's go Nordiques!

Roose13 04-22-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17070455)
For sure. Would have been nice for them to get the Game 7 experience too, but hey this season was better than expected. Hextall needs to start making some moves and getting rid of some of our trash to give the young players more time and space

I agree. No reason Hagg should have played in one (or two?) game(s) this series, especially in place of Brandon fucking Manning. He's useless. And it's a shame Stolarz got hurt before the season because this would have been a valuable experience for him too.

Guys I wanna see gone include Elliott, Manning and Gudas (maybe, I kinda like him on the third pair with a better player). Then I want to see then replace some, if not all, of Filpula, Read, Weisse, etc.

This team, offensively, is two solid pieces away from being much better. I don't know what happened to Simmonds during the end of this season, but it's made me eat some crow with my sentiments about him being tradable earlier in this thread. He's one of my favorite all-time players, but sometimes necessary moves must be made...

rickyh24 04-22-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17070437)
God philly fans are scum

Probably just mad the flyers didnít give them an opportunity to eat horse shit.

hailtopitt 04-22-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17070486)
Probably just mad the flyers didnít give them an opportunity to eat horse shit.

Watch it Ricky. Last time I said that I was promptly corrected that those were Eagles fans and NOT Flyers fans

I also love that philly fans think Letangís poke check was a missed trip but Girouxís late charge on Hagelin was fine

I guess all the fans were throwing full beers on the ice because they arenít very experienced with Cups. Honest mistake.

Roose13 04-22-2018 07:52 PM

I saw some Bruins fans throwing shit on the ice after last night's game. I don't wanna hear about classy fans from Richard :rolleyes

coldengrey12 04-22-2018 07:56 PM

Preds came out stronger but Avs had some good opportunities in the back half of the first

Lcsulla 04-22-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17070487)
I also love that philly fans think Letang’s poke check was a missed trip but Giroux’s late charge on Hagelin was fine

I guess all the fans were throwing full beers on the ice because they aren’t very experienced with Cups. Honest mistake.

It is like those morons know nothing about hockey, calls get missed, it happens - hardly means the refs are doing it intentionally. Giroux had a dirty ass hit on Hagelin where his stick drew blood - no call, Konecny has some sort of roid rage on Sheary and somehow they both get sent to the box despite Sheary having his helmet ripped off and then getting cross-checked in the back? Give me a break. It was bad officiating but it benefited neither team. Oh well, see the Flyers next year - no Malkin, no problem cause Guentzel makes the Flyers look silly. All in all though I think the whole 'Crosby sucks' chant is about as stupid as it gets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17070499)
Preds came out stronger but Avs had some good opportunities in the back half of the first

They are not playing that well and Hammond looks shaky, they need to tighten up the D and start generating better scoring chances to get back in this one. Also, that moron subban should probably get an oscar, love how they just boo the fool out in CO, if this was Preds game against Philly I have no doubt the fans in that city would throwing shit at him.

fonzz41 04-22-2018 08:31 PM

Well sheesh

coldengrey12 04-22-2018 08:39 PM

"Siri, can the Avalanche still come back in the series if they lose this game?"

coldengrey12 04-22-2018 08:40 PM

That crosscheck to the throat by Andrighetto was dirty as hell.

Lcsulla 04-22-2018 08:48 PM

Rinne on his game, going to be a tough comeback attempt for CO at this point though I still will be cheering for them, they had one hell of a season and even if they lose this game they can hold their heads high. Much respect to them and wow do I hate the Preds and their ignorant fans who know less about hockey than I do nuclear physics. Also, props to the Preds D though, they are solid outside of subban who as far as I can tell can only shoot the puck from the point, his D is atrocious.

Lcsulla 04-22-2018 08:49 PM

Dammit, wish that waved off goal would have cut the lead to 3 late in the second.

~Crashintome89~ 04-22-2018 08:52 PM

glad everyone in here is still on friendly terms after the game today.

Lcsulla 04-22-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17070523)
glad everyone in here is still on friendly terms after the game today.

When it comes down to it, it is only a sport that we can sometimes take too seriously but no one gets too annoyed at each other because we are all fans in general. Hell, in baseball my closest friend is a damn Red Sox fan whereas I would have been excommunicated from my family if I cheered for anyone but the Yankees.

Would love to see the Avs come back but that is becoming increasingly unlikely with each tick of the clock so I guess I will have to content myself with hoping I get 2 game sevens to enjoy on Tuesday and hope (barring a miracle) that the Jets beat down the Preds in round 2.

coldengrey12 04-22-2018 09:27 PM

Whatever. Hockey's a dumb sport anyway.

jk. Really pleased with the season Colorado put together. Hopefully, it's the start of good things, the direction I hoped we were headed after Roy's first year behind the bench.

Dramageek 04-22-2018 09:38 PM

Avs, great fight! Carry that over into next season.

https://twitter.com/joshyohe_pgh/sta...205476864?s=21 :lol :lol :lol

DMBstandUP1984 04-22-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17070497)
I saw some Bruins fans throwing shit on the ice after last night's game. I don't wanna hear about classy fans from Richard :rolleyes

I saw a bruins fan in Boston throw a hot dog on the ice as Seguin (as a Bruin) was in the middle of a shootout

Donít put anything past us

Lcsulla 04-22-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17070533)
jk. Really pleased with the season Colorado put together. Hopefully, it's the start of good things, the direction I hoped we were headed after Roy's first year behind the bench.

They had a great season and I have no doubt what Sakic and Bednar have put together will keep rolling next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17070549)
I saw a bruins fan in Boston throw a hot dog on the ice as Seguin (as a Bruin) was in the middle of a shootout

Donít put anything past us

Sure it wasn't Kessel they were throwing it to when he was on Boston? :lol

DMBstandUP1984 04-22-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17070556)
They had a great season and I have no doubt what Sakic and Bednar have put together will keep rolling next season.

Sure it wasn't Kessel they were throwing it to when he was on Boston? :lol

lol yea, but that would have been a million times more funnier.

mthawk07 04-22-2018 10:08 PM

Preds/Jets gonna be a great series.

fonzz41 04-22-2018 10:17 PM

Not even that mad. Avs have a bright bright future and are headed in exactly the right direction.

JRS1386 04-22-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17070505)
It is like those morons know nothing about hockey, calls get missed, it happens - hardly means the refs are doing it intentionally. Giroux had a dirty ass hit on Hagelin where his stick drew blood - no call, Konecny has some sort of roid rage on Sheary and somehow they both get sent to the box despite Sheary having his helmet ripped off and then getting cross-checked in the back? Give me a break. It was bad officiating but it benefited neither team. Oh well, see the Flyers next year - no Malkin, no problem cause Guentzel makes the Flyers look silly. All in all though I think the whole 'Crosby sucks' chant is about as stupid as it gets.

Giroux's hit was not dirty.

As for TK that was stupid, but they both deserved to go to the box for what led up to the play. Sheary was on top of him checking him into the ice and the refs were going to let it go until TK got up and retaliated. They couldn't call just one without getting the other.

Also, Guetzal had a hell of a game, but the Flyers made themselves look silly more than he did. He just capitalized on all their fuck ups

dmbetc 04-22-2018 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didnít get any videos this time, just a pic from us watching the Avs game, which I thought Matty would like.

AJF_41 04-22-2018 11:19 PM

:lol philly living down to the expectation

#trash

DMBzilla 04-22-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 17070583)
:lol philly living down to the expectation

#trash

Looks like a real nice stadium youíve got there in Minny. Glad we own it now.

barbogast 04-23-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17070505)
It is like those morons know nothing about hockey, calls get missed, it happens - hardly means the refs are doing it intentionally.

This coming from the guy who rambles about Stevie Wonder and cocksuckers when a call gets missed against his precious Blackhawks. :rolleyes

JRS1386 04-23-2018 07:32 AM

https://giphy.com/gifs/cga6vXMLlOSw8/html5

CrushB610 04-23-2018 07:47 AM

How to go from a fan favorite to the most hated Flyer in one season ó a short story by Radko Gudas

Roose13 04-23-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17070615)
This coming from the guy who rambles about Stevie Wonder and cocksuckers when a call gets missed against his precious Blackhawks. :rolleyes

:lol:lol

bradshaw06 04-23-2018 08:29 AM

West is looking very tough