Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 10-30-2015 08:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I think some of the apprehension on 3on3 is that there isn't the security of thinking hold on to the shootout. I know I'm sitting there thinking you could lose (or win) at any second.

Like I said before I'm sure people will get sick of it after a while but it's better than shootouts. There is only two places to go if they end up not liking it. The 3 point system or back in to ties.

fonzz41 10-30-2015 09:53 AM

I really like the 3 on 3 still, at least what I've seen of it. I think it really showcases a lot of fun, open talent kinda reminiscent of shinny, so there's some nostalgia. I can see why others may not like it though.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-30-2015 09:54 AM

i still haven't seen any 3 v 3 every jackets game has ended in regulation

daveshookme 10-30-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16180316)
alright that's it.

:: drops gloves ::

What're you new? Its stick, THEN gloves, then shirt.

fonzz41 10-30-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16180680)

C'mon, even Kenny Wu knows THAT!

Although if you're being an efficient fighter, the stick and gloves go at the same time. :D

daveshookme 10-30-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16180683)
C'mon, even Kenny Wu knows THAT!

Although if you're being an efficient fighter, the stick and gloves go at the same time. :D

Sure sure.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-30-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16180680)

my stick broke when i intentionally tripped Timmy on his way in this morning.

salrx95 10-30-2015 11:02 AM

I think obviously, one of the reasons, I don't like the 3 on 3 is that we have now lost 2 in it whereas were generally a very good shootout team since Frans is one of the top shootout guys.

It is a little edge of your seat action but it is just crazy wide open back and forth odd man rushes and just isn't hockey. They knocked the shootout for it being a "skills competition" but that is just what the 3 on 3 is...a skills competition. It's just a different kind of skill.

salrx95 10-30-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16180343)
Yashin on the Islanders
Peca on the Islanders

Maybe not past their prime...but clearly not their main team they are known for. Yashin deal was insane.

They were age 27 when the Islanders acquired them, smack dab in their prime.

Peca was robbed of his prime by that POS Tucker, still one of the worst cheap shots ever (behind Dale Hunter, of course )

Players Rag$ have acquired past their prime in the last 15-20 years include.

Gretzky...yeah I went there :D and since.......
Bure
Kasparitis
Holik
Naslund
Valeri Kamensky
Brad Richards
Lindros
Scott Gomez (was supposed to be in prime but wasn't)
Wade Redden
Chris Drury.

Kept trying to throw money at people and it didn't work for a long time

dmbetc 10-30-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16180805)
I think obviously, one of the reasons, I don't like the 3 on 3 is that we have now lost 2 in it whereas were generally a very good shootout team since Frans is one of the top shootout guys.

It is a little edge of your seat action but it is just crazy wide open back and forth odd man rushes and just isn't hockey. They knocked the shootout for it being a "skills competition" but that is just what the 3 on 3 is...a skills competition. It's just a different kind of skill.

If you wanna be technical, regulation hockey is just a skills competition as well. ;)

dmbetc 10-30-2015 01:10 PM

Ducks aren't making any changes, per GM. This is surprising to me.

TMoore4075 10-30-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16181005)
Ducks aren't making any changes, per GM. This is surprising to me.

Surprised because of how sports works but maybe they feel it'll fix itself. I mean they were a fantastic team last year that got within 1 win of the Finals. Maybe they think it's a funk that they can get out of. Sometimes I do think teams jump the gun on firing guys. IE: Rangers firing Trottier after 54 games and the Avs firing Hartley early in the 02-03 season after he never lost before round 3 in every year he was there.

salrx95 10-30-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16181000)
If you wanna be technical, regulation hockey is just a skills competition as well. ;)

I guess. Maybe the Mets/Royals should just have a Home Run hitting contest tonight. The hell with all that other stuff.;)

dmbetc 10-30-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16181019)
Surprised because of how sports works but maybe they feel it'll fix itself. I mean they were a fantastic team last year that got within 1 win of the Finals. Maybe they think it's a funk that they can get out of. Sometimes I do think teams jump the gun on firing guys. IE: Rangers firing Trottier after 54 games and the Avs firing Hartley early in the 02-03 season after he never lost before round 3 in every year he was there.

That is true that teams jump the gun and panic too early. Just seems they are far too in the hole already. Doesn't bother me though!

JRS1386 10-30-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16180316)
alright that's it.

:: drops gloves ::

You are showing more spirit than your team. Not a good look

barbogast 10-30-2015 05:26 PM

Soooooo

The Jackets look way better under Torts

That is seriously not cool

barbogast 10-30-2015 06:28 PM

So, Caps just lost a challenge, and I don't have a problem with the goal against counting, but I'm not excited about the level of inconsistency with which goalie interference is being called. Figures, #garageleague and all

dmbetc 10-31-2015 04:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15205741)

Up and coming: Tyler Toffoli has really molded well with the team and feel in a next year or two he will be on top of the roster for scoring.

One year after this post and my prediction is shaping up nicely.

TMoore4075 10-31-2015 06:13 PM

Another shit game last night but looking better tonight. Larkin's goal was a beauty.

fonzz41 11-01-2015 09:53 PM

So they present the MLB trophy in the club house to the owner? Gotta be the most boring trophy ceremony I've ever watched.

dmbetc 11-01-2015 10:12 PM

And they can't even drink out of it!! Baseball is so lame.

Also, I couldn't tell if they won the world series or the first round as they celebrate the same way. :lol hey we won the first round! Let's put goggles on and pour champagne on ourselves because we haven't even won anything yet.

~Crashintome89~ 11-01-2015 10:25 PM

I've always given baseball a pass for having champagne victories after each series. It's a grueling and long schedule.

dmbetc 11-01-2015 10:37 PM

I understand that, I just think it looks silly.

barbogast 11-02-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16182302)
I've always given baseball a pass for having champagne victories after each series. It's a grueling and long schedule.

:lol

There is nothing grueling about baseball

Roose13 11-02-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16182338)

A 162-game schedule is incredibly taxing, regardless how physical the sport is.

Come on guys, don't feed the Napoleon Complex stereotype hockey fans have with petty mocking of baseball. Seriously.

TMoore4075 11-02-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16182299)
And they can't even drink out of it!! Baseball is so lame.

Also, I couldn't tell if they won the world series or the first round as they celebrate the same way. :lol hey we won the first round! Let's put goggles on and pour champagne on ourselves because we haven't even won anything yet.

Yeah I don't get it. Celebrate making the playoffs. Celebrate winning the division if you do. Celebrate winning the division series, or both that and the wild card game if you are in that game. Celebrate winning the AL or NL CS. Celebrate World Series....no.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16182302)

Quote:

Yeah while it's the longest of the sports in terms of games, and they can play 6 out of 7 nights, but the other 3 sports are more grueling.

aeroshady 11-02-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Not true...have you ever tried watching a mid season game on tv. That shit is boring and I find very grueling to get through.

That said, I love late season/post season baseball.

TMoore4075 11-02-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16182375)
Not true...have you ever tried watching a mid season game on tv. That shit is boring and I find very grueling to get through.

LOL yeah. I want to add I love post season baseball but the celebrating as much as they do is silly.

barbogast 11-02-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16182370)
A 162-game schedule is incredibly taxing, regardless how physical the sport is.

Come on guys, don't feed the Napoleon Complex stereotype hockey fans have with petty mocking of baseball. Seriously.

It's not even a macho hockey thing for me though, I consider football and soccer every bit as grueling. There's obviously a lot of skill involved in playing baseball, but unless you pitch, it's not exactly non stop physical activity while you're on the field. The fact that they can even play 162 times emphasizes this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16182375)

:lol :thumbsup

space_raven 11-02-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

War of Attrition