Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   D&T Seattle - Donation $, JustGive.org, and DMB Community (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=298146)

archaeolady 12-03-2010 04:53 PM

D&T Seattle - Donation $, JustGive.org, and DMB Community

Dearest DMB family,

One of the things that I’ve loved most about DMB has been their heart and compassion, and willingness to support organizations that can benefit from their money, popularity, or influence. The Dave and Tim shows in December are an example of the many things Dave and co. have done to make that happen.

As you all have probably already heard, the $150 donation money that comes with each ticket can be donated to any organization listed on JustGive.org.

I am SURE that many of the people on this board, or on others, are affiliated with non-profits that are listed on JustGive. In addition to being DMB fans doing their best to travel all over the place to catch shows, they work really hard for non profits… most of the time struggling because the pay doesn’t ever really equal the amount of work done.

I write this not as a request to help the non-profit organization that I work for, but to start a forum for people that work for non-profits listed on JustGive that also happen to be huge DMB fans, and connect them with their fellow fans going to the shows.

Let’s support each other! This community has meant a great deal to me for the last 15 years…we have a special connection through this band that not everyone has a chance to experience. This is a really great opportunity for us to come together and show our support for each other. I hope that we take it and recognize other opportunities like this in the future.

I invite others that work for non-profits to reply to this thread with a little dilly about their organization and EIN number (from JustGive’s website). I also invite people who are going to the shows to check out the list of organizations here and consider donating to one of them that they feel like supporting.

To people with donation money: Go to www.justgive.org and enter the EIN number of the organization of your choice and you can donate right to them. You can also divvy up the money between organizations.

Love to you all! I really hope this works in connecting people!
Hillary

dmbinchicago 12-03-2010 05:47 PM

Re: D&T Seattle - Donation $, JustGive.org, and DMB Community

Great idea, and you know how much I admire you and all you do, Hillary. Wish I were going to the show so I could donate!

apunaha23 12-03-2010 07:00 PM

Anyone looking for an organization to help out, let me suggest the Chicago Ovarian Cancer Alliance.

Chicago Ovarian Cancer Alliance
2258 N Lincoln Park W
Chicago, IL 60614
EIN: 364329060

adunifon 12-07-2010 04:25 PM

Great idea, Hillary! :)