Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

drakan 06-12-2019 08:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

I can't believe they won.

drakan 06-12-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17469894)
Super happy for Craig Berube, he was my first autograph. I was a baby and he signed my bib. :lol :lol

Legendary.

dmbetc 06-12-2019 08:36 PM

I got pretty close to the Cup.

Roose13 06-12-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17469897)

Liar.....

Chumlee67 06-12-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Nobody asked you.......hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chumlee67 06-12-2019 08:42 PM

Deciding between a couple more shots and bed, I should probably go to bed since I have to be on site for work tomorrow.

Later thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Crashintome89~ 06-12-2019 08:50 PM

Chum, good night. You are always welcomed here. Hope it's not the last hurrah for Chara.

fonzz41 06-12-2019 09:03 PM

I’m just glad we can finally talk about the draft!

Lcsulla 06-12-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17469820)
Holy fuck this is happening

Congratulations man, so great to see that! They got outplayed and outshot in the first but still were up 2 after the first! See ya next year bruins!!!!!!!! :)

Still hope my Hawks kick your tails in next year though!

Sucks that we have no more hockey until October!

Lcsulla 06-12-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17469911)

Ditto bro!

aeroshady 06-12-2019 09:19 PM

Phish opening their second set with Gloria tonight in St. Louis was amazing. And then playing Loving Cup right after :lol

Congrats Blues! Sorry Boston! I can’t wait for the draft!

coldengrey12 06-12-2019 09:59 PM

Congrats, Blues!

dmbetc 06-12-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17469916)
Phish opening their second set with Gloria tonight in St. Louis was amazing. And then playing Loving Cup right after :lol

That’s awesome!

barbogast 06-13-2019 03:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: Gloria!

Wow phish covered Gloria? That’s so phish of them. That’s awesome

DMBstandUP1984 06-13-2019 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17469943)
Wow phish covered Gloria? That’s so phish of them. That’s awesome

https://livemusicblog.com/videos/phi...s-stanley-cup/

ToySoldier#34 06-13-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

:lol good stuff

barbogast 06-13-2019 05:08 AM

People in St Louis starting to wake up for the first time as Stanley Cup Champions. That’s so cool

DMBstandUP1984 06-13-2019 05:10 AM

Hey no riots in Boston last night.

barbogast 06-13-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17469960)
Hey no riots in Boston last night.

I didn’t see anything that would indicate any mischief in Boston last night. That’s always good to see

UCFish 06-13-2019 05:19 AM

Congrats Blues fans.

swordo84 06-13-2019 06:46 AM

I'm torn on the better story...

Last year, the VGK making the finals as an expansion team or this year's Blues winning the cup after being DFL at the end of January. I'm leaning the Blues.

MOWJO8185 06-13-2019 06:59 AM

Holy shit - what a night.

Jordan Fucking Binnington. That dude won us the Cup in the first period. Just unreal that he's a rookie.

This means so much to the city right now, especially for Blues fans who have waited their whole lives but also for St. Louisans in general who had their reputation as a great sports city dragged through the mud by Stan Kroenke as he pulled the Rams out of town. He called us a baseball town that couldn't support 3 major sports teams when he in actuality he delivered a terrible product for 10+ years. The Blues just filled Enterprise Center and Busch Stadium with people willing to pay money to watch an away game on TV surrounded by other fans.

While doing it at home last game would have been amazing, it's just right for this team to do it the hard way. 10-3 on the road this playoffs, 6-7 at home. That's unreal.

Craig Berube just won a Stanley Cup and his official title on the TV broadcast was "interim head coach". This team was not only dead last in the league in January, their players were literally fighting during practice in December. The job Berube did pulling these guys together was unbelievable.

I'm so proud of this team, the dirtiest team ever in Stanley Cup Finals history. Play Fucking Gloria.

Roose13 06-13-2019 07:07 AM

I can’t wait for Cards fans to act like they were Blues fans all along. That’ll be fun...

MOWJO8185 06-13-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17470099)
I can’t wait for Cards fans to act like they were Blues fans all along. That’ll be fun...

I honestly used to feel this way a bit but after this run it doesn't bother me a bit anymore. The city uniting and new people discovering and getting into the Blues and it being a complete communal thing has been amazing.

Roose13 06-13-2019 07:12 AM

Best thread title change in history!

barbogast 06-13-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17470090)
Holy shit - what a night.

Jordan Fucking Binnington. That dude won us the Cup in the first period. Just unreal that he's a rookie.

This means so much to the city right now, especially for Blues fans who have waited their whole lives but also for St. Louisans in general who had their reputation as a great sports city dragged through the mud by Stan Kroenke as he pulled the Rams out of town. He called us a baseball town that couldn't support 3 major sports teams when he in actuality he delivered a terrible product for 10+ years. The Blues just filled Enterprise Center and Busch Stadium with people willing to pay money to watch an away game on TV surrounded by other fans.

While doing it at home last game would have been amazing, it's just right for this team to do it the hard way. 10-3 on the road this playoffs, 6-7 at home. That's unreal.

Craig Berube just won a Stanley Cup and his official title on the TV broadcast was "interim head coach". This team was not only dead last in the league in January, their players were literally fighting during practice in December. The job Berube did pulling these guys together was unbelievable.

I'm so proud of this team, the dirtiest team ever in Stanley Cup Finals history. Play Fucking Gloria.

I’m so happy for you dude. Congrats. Enjoy it, y’all earned it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17470099)

Coming from my experience in seeing the bandwagon grow to astronomical levels seemingly overnight (suddenly everyone’s a Caps fan after they win the Cup), this couldn’t matter any less to the fans that have been around longer. If a diehard Redskins fan wants to get all sentimental while we talk about the Caps winning the Cup, that’s great with me. I’m sure your diehard Blues fan would echo that.

TheLastPig 06-13-2019 07:37 AM

Awesome game last night. Agreed Bennington won the game in the 1st. Really happy for Bortuzzo and Perron.

kev87lads 06-13-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

We know. We know. Geez...

Quote:

Right? Finally. None of us cared about the Final because we all hate everythingabout everything. Neanderthal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17469916)

This is a DMB loVe forum. Get outta here with that Phish talk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17470106)
Best thread title change in history!

Debateable. But I'll allow it.

fuvonks 06-13-2019 08:10 AM

The "Erection Line" I mean "Perfection Line" for the Bruins went limp during the playoffs. Bergeron, Marchand and Pasta were no shows.

ToySoldier#34 06-13-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17469959)
People in St Louis starting to wake up for the first time as Stanley Cup Champions. That’s so cool

I must really not understand hockey