Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-22-2019 07:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cup upsets!

Ovechkin literally gets all puck. Never makes contact Mrazek’s pads.

daveshookme 04-22-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17428117)
That’s where I have the problem with the ref show. You know you missed it so don’t get butt hurt and eject Ovechkin. That’s the ref show no one wants to see

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428119)
You know, I text with my dad during games and he said the exact same thing. Don’t get mad at ovie for laughing at you after you just stole a massive goal from him. Good point.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

drakan 04-22-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428129)

Are you serious? The puck was under his pads? When Ovi lunged with his stick he knocked the goalie back into his goal.

jcc522 04-22-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428129)

:lol :lol

barbogast 04-22-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428134)
Are you serious? The puck was under his pads? When Ovi lunged with his stick he knocked the goalie back into his goal.

Yes, I’m absolutely serious. The puck was loose under the goalie. Ovie went for a lose puck and banged it in. The goalie honestly doesn’t move much during the sequence after he stops spinning. And he doesn’t really end up in his goal either. One of the angles I saw clearly shows primary contact is with the loose puck.

barbogast 04-22-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 17428157)
:lol :lol

Tremendous contribution

Brohan_Santana 04-22-2019 08:29 PM

The speed of the puck into the back of the net undoubtedly shows it was put in by the stick. No way it goes in that fast if 1) he has it covered 2) it’s guided in by a pad

jcc522 04-22-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428174)
Tremendous contribution

... is what your optometrist says when he cashes your check at his bank.

barbogast 04-22-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17428191)
The speed of the puck into the back of the net undoubtedly shows it was put in by the stick. No way it goes in that fast if 1) he has it covered 2) it’s guided in by a pad

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 17428192)
... is what your optometrist says when he cashes your check at his bank.

Honestly dude this reads like an 8 year old said it. Yikes.

JRS1386 04-22-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428172)
Yes, I’m absolutely serious. The puck was loose under the goalie. Ovie went for a lose puck and banged it in. The goalie honestly doesn’t move much during the sequence after he stops spinning. And he doesn’t really end up in his goal either. One of the angles I saw clearly shows primary contact is with the loose puck.

Link? I am trying to see and I have only seen inconclusive evidence. I agree with Borhan that the puck is moving too quick to be put in by anything other than a puck. But it also appears to me that Ovechkin bowls into Mrazek

dmbetc 04-22-2019 09:00 PM

Another upset!!

drakan 04-22-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428172)

There was no way because the puck was under the goalie and in-between his pads. He went through the pads and then through the goalie.

drakan 04-22-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17428191)

He went under/through the pad and hit the stick?

drakan 04-22-2019 09:02 PM

Dallas OT was bonkers.

dmbetc 04-22-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428209)
There was no way because the puck was under the goalie and in-between his pads. He went through the pads and then through the goalie.

Haven’t seen this goal you guys are talking about but sounds like exactly what happened here:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/video/situ...410/c-58172203

Brohan_Santana 04-22-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428210)
He went under/through the pad and hit the stick?

Is this a question? Puck went in from the stick, meaning it’s a good goal

Brohan_Santana 04-22-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17428214)
Haven’t seen this goal you guys are talking about but sounds like exactly what happened here:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/video/situ...410/c-58172203

Yes. But Ovechkin had more force on the puck where is hit the back of the net and got there very quickly

drakan 04-22-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17428218)
Is this a question? Puck went in from the stick, meaning it’s a good goal

Not if he goes through the pad.

Lcsulla 04-22-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17428085)
So they’re saying Ovechkin interfered with the goalie. Why didn’t they call a penalty then?

That was pure BS, now the explanation was that there was intent to blow the whistle. So why the ejection? I would be ripshit pissed if I was Ovie too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17428088)
Canes fans are so fucking dumb. I know they're new to the sports but jesus the consistent booing is just too much

Been saying this for over a month now, they are morons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428091)
I can’t wait to hear Rod Brind’Amour’s thoughts on the disallowed Ovie goal

Who cares what that tart thinks anyhow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428118)
The puck was under the goalie and the ref was going to blow the whistle.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428211)
Dallas OT was bonkers.

Hell yeah, winning with just shy of 3 minutes left in the 1st OT - AMAZING. Later nashville!

Well, I can't complain too much 2 of the 4 teams I wanted to win in the past 2 day did. Just have to hope the Sharks and Leafs win tomorrow and the Caps can win Wednesday!

3 game 7's - should be an exciting 48 hours! :)

Lcsulla 04-22-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428223)
Not if he goes through the pad.

Sure looked like a good goal to me, Ovie put it in with his stick, you can do that under the pad.

drakan 04-22-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17428225)
Sure looked like a good goal to me, Ovie put it in with his stick, you can do that under the pad.

I thought it was pretty clear that the ref lost sight of the puck and was going to blow the whistle. Seemed pretty clear the puck was underneath the goalie and that Ovi went under the pad(meaning through) and hit the puck and bowled over the goalie.

Lcsulla 04-22-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428227)
I thought it was pretty clear that the ref lost sight of the puck and was going to blow the whistle. Seemed pretty clear the puck was underneath the goalie and that Ovi went under the pad(meaning through) and hit the puck and bowled over the goalie.

Agree to disagree on this one.

hailtopitt 04-23-2019 02:27 AM

Just dropping in to say congrats to matty on the Avs win and to say haha fuck the preds and their horrible fans

Rooting for a Vegas v. Carolina final right now

Vegas for Fleury and Carolina just so I can see what their team celebration would be for lifting the cup lol

jcc522 04-23-2019 04:57 AM

Rule 69.3

barbogast 04-23-2019 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17428227)

What do you mean he bowled over the goalie? Mrazek hardly moves

If the puck had been covered and Ovie had pushed the pad, a) Mrazek would’ve slid into the goal and b) the puck wouldn’t have moved so fast that it banged off the back of the goal like it did.

swordo84 04-23-2019 05:06 AM

Nothing brings me more joy than people complaining about officiating. Maybe your (no one in particular) team should have played better.

barbogast 04-23-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17428267)
Nothing brings me more joy than people complaining about officiating. Maybe your (no one in particular) team should have played better.

I’ve readily admitted the entire time that this wasn’t the reason at all the Capitals lost this game since the moment the review happened. It’s a controversial topic that’s being discussed. What else should we talk about?

swordo84 04-23-2019 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17428272)
I’ve readily admitted the entire time that this wasn’t the reason at all the Capitals lost this game since the moment the review happened. It’s a controversial topic that’s being discussed. What else should we talk about?

I should have clarified that it pertains mostly to when it's perceived to cause one's team to lose the game. I'm too apathetic about hockey right now to back read and see if this was the case last night or not. The fact that you 'get' it is encouraging.

I would like to talk about anything other than hockey at this point in my fandom. :lol Seeing all this playoff success and accompanying joy is just a shiv to the groin at this point.

swordo84 04-23-2019 05:56 AM

I apologize, I shouldn't bring ya'll down with me. Enjoy the playoffs. Let's go Bruins!

mr.MikeD 04-23-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17428267)

remember whatever year it was when Edmonton had a hockey team and Kessler literally pulled Talbots legs open by yanking on his pads? Probably the most blatantly wrong non-call interference challenge I've ever seen - it was also the end of a full on collapse where they blew a 3 goal lead in the last 4 minutes. They definitely should have played better.

A lingering side effect of that though, is that I just don't care about goaltender interference calls anymore. There's a weighted dice somewhere that the league rolls and decides, basically no logic or standard to that call. Just need to accept that every few goals there's just going to be some random decision that gets made.