Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 01-06-2018 09:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16969501)
https://twitter.com/i/moments/949315844756029442

:lol Thornton had a bit of a beard trim in a fight last night

Is there a history between him and Kadri that I am unaware of? Who gets a fighting major two seconds into the game?

Pretty damn funny story though! :lol

Lcsulla 01-06-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 16969749)
Great game in Chicago right now.

I am getting frustrated with the Hawks, seems like when they get scoring the D or goalkeeping drops and when the D and goaltending is solid they get no run support at all. So annoying that my team can be this inconsistent with a darn solid core. Sometimes I think I should watch something more uplifting - like a fucking holocaust movie!

~Crashintome89~ 01-06-2018 12:38 PM

man, I remember when Claude Giroux was a top 250 player. He just sucks now. What a shame.

BotheLaneFan 01-06-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16969872)
I am getting frustrated with the Hawks, seems like when they get scoring the D or goalkeeping drops and when the D and goaltending is solid they get no run support at all. So annoying that my team can be this inconsistent with a darn solid core. Sometimes I think I should watch something more uplifting - like a fucking holocaust movie!

Goalie was good all game, he just got overwhelmed.

mr.MikeD 01-06-2018 02:36 PM

This not fake, as of right now google does say this
https://twitter.com/BvrlyTweetmaker/...013327361?s=17

Lcsulla 01-06-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 16969923)
Goalie was good all game, he just got overwhelmed.

I agree, they peppered him with shot after shot and he played damn solid. A few costly turnovers right in front of him pretty much cost the Hawks that game. Like a said, very frustrating. Chicago is better than their record shows, they just need to start clicking, preferably sooner rather than later. Hopefully Crawford and Anisimov will be back soon, that should help.

barbogast 01-06-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16969931)

:lol :lol :lol

That’s rich

dmbetc 01-06-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

As funny as it is every time, that’s been happening for multiple teams this year.

Chumlee67 01-07-2018 06:27 AM

Bergeron scored 4 last night and did not whip his dick out......did Thornton not teach him anything?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fonzz41 01-07-2018 08:26 AM

MacKinnon might be the hottest player in the league right now. 12 points in his last 5 games, moved into 2nd in scoring.

Also, Mikko Rantanen quietly has 41 points in 41 games and the Avs moved into a wild card spot (yes, I’m perfectly aware there’s still half a season to play).

Sorry, it’s just weird getting used to liking a team that actually has an identity and is trending up.

fonzz41 01-07-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16967964)
We all know you love the D, so I'll shout out Doughty's play this year as well. It's amazing how he seems to keep getting better.

:lol mmm love me some D.

Doughty is one of the top 3 defensemen in the league when it comes to all around game.

Brohan_Santana 01-07-2018 03:22 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...643ece4085.jpg

Highly upset with the lack of Bannerzz the Caps are displaying today

Brohan_Santana 01-07-2018 06:58 PM

3rd period of this Boston v Penns game had the feeling of a playoff game. Fun matchup

bradshaw06 01-07-2018 07:17 PM

Fun fun game

Chumlee67 01-07-2018 07:19 PM

That icing in OT killed the Bruins

JRS1386 01-07-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16970122)
MacKinnon might be the hottest player in the league right now. 12 points in his last 5 games, moved into 2nd in scoring.

Also, Mikko Rantanen quietly has 41 points in 41 games and the Avs moved into a wild card spot (yes, I’m perfectly aware there’s still half a season to play).

Sorry, it’s just weird getting used to liking a team that actually has an identity and is trending up.

He's tied you bastard. Don't sleep on OMGCG

aeroshady 01-08-2018 05:57 AM

Rangers are slumping again. Although I can't really explain the coaching decision to play Hank against the Coyotes and Pav against Vegas. Makes very little sense.

Similar note, Vegas is insanely good. They are actually a legitimate cup contender.

swordo84 01-08-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Amazing.

Lcsulla 01-08-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16970028)
As funny as it is every time, that’s been happening for multiple teams this year.

Yeah, this year seems upside down. Ottawa and Montreal are complete disasters. Edmonton, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Anaheim are all under-performing while the expansion team is lighting it up. Had someone predicted this oddity prior to the season I would have laughed at them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16970122)

He is lighting it up these days and will likely shatter his personal single season point total. Somehow he fly's under the radar though, dude is a stud and still under-rated as hell. Would love to have a guy like him on my team!

Roose13 01-08-2018 10:11 AM

Flyers offense has been nice the last few games. Sean Couturier has to be an all-star this year.

barbogast 01-08-2018 11:36 AM

I must say it’s pretty impressive that Vegas still hasn’t dropped off. I keep waiting, but I think it’s maybe that they’re actually a really good team.

kev87lads 01-10-2018 08:50 AM

Guess it's the bye week in here too!

Lcsulla 01-10-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16972899)
Guess it's the bye week in here too!

Yeah, seems that way. I do not always like the concept of a bye week, they always seem to come at the worst time possible. Hawks finally clicking and go on their bye after tonight's game, about the only good thing about time off for them is additional time for Crawford and Anisimov to get healthy.

Brohan_Santana 01-10-2018 08:54 AM

Half way through the NHL season.

that's all I got

Lcsulla 01-10-2018 09:17 AM

I know plus minus is odd when it comes to power plays but it is still strange that last night Kane had 4 assists and a goal in an 8-2 win and ended up a negative 1...

fonzz41 01-10-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16970839)
He is lighting it up these days and will likely shatter his personal single season point total. Somehow he fly's under the radar though, dude is a stud and still under-rated as hell. Would love to have a guy like him on my team!

I mean, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ6-OtwCOyE
The speed, the power, the moves.

What amazes me about MacKinnon, maybe even more than his more noticeable skills, is his ability to create space for teammates. When he enters the zone flying like that, I've rarely seen NHL defensemen give an attacking forward as much room as they give MacKinnon, and it's because they know what he can potentially do to them. Not only does this give him more room to work his magic, but it really opens up the ice for his line mates to get into position and make something happen. I hope Mikko Rantanen got him something nice for Christmas.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16970968)
I must say it’s pretty impressive that Vegas still hasn’t dropped off. I keep waiting, but I think it’s maybe that they’re actually a really good team.

They are so fun to watch. Like a team playing with a collective chip on their shoulder, a sort of contained contempt that makes them want it more than the teams they play.

lol Florida... Gallant (no question Jack Adams is his), Marchessault, Reilly Smith...

Lcsulla 01-10-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16973060)
I mean, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ6-OtwCOyE
The speed, the power, the moves.

What amazes me about MacKinnon, maybe even more than his more noticeable skills, is his ability to create space for teammates. When he enters the zone flying like that, I've rarely seen NHL defensemen give an attacking forward as much room as they give MacKinnon, and it's because they know what he can potentially do to them. Not only does this give him more room to work his magic, but it really opens up the ice for his line mates to get into position and make something happen. I hope Mikko Rantanen got him something nice for Christmas.

They are so fun to watch. Like a team playing with a collective chip on their shoulder, a sort of contained contempt that makes them want it more than the teams they play.

Damn, nice video, he looked like he was shot of a cannon and somehow stickhandled through the whole Panthers team and burned the goalie as well. He is one of those players (like McDavid) who seem to be even faster with the puck than without it!

Lcsulla 01-10-2018 04:09 PM

Chicago sends Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin to the Yotes for Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening.

Sort of looks like a win win for both teams.

JRS1386 01-10-2018 06:01 PM

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...ters-announced

All Star rosters. Bummed Couts didnt make it

Chumlee67 01-10-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16973284)
Chicago sends Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin to the Yotes for Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening.

Sort of looks like a win win for both teams.

Was this brewing or did it come out of nowhere because it surprised the hell out of me!