Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 07-05-2017 06:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16828780)
Still can't believe they really went with Little Caesars Arena

So great

No it's called the LCA....lol

Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure when I'll go. Saturdays are just so much easier with work and a kid but they don't have a Sat home game until Nov 11th and it's against the Jackets. I know they're better but...eh. I could do a Friday against your Caps but having never gone to the arena a Saturday and getting there early would be easier and take my time and wander around. Same better games later in the season but I don't really want to wait until February for a game. They'll probably be out of the playoffs by then so I'd rather have a little hope in Oct or Nov. They probably jacked up the prices again too with a new arena.

TMoore4075 07-05-2017 06:56 AM

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/co...ki/c-290287700

The headline there I just laugh at cause it makes me think of all the guys Babcock pushed for and then soured on and didn't play.

Cleary, Weiss, Tootoo. Two of those guys were bought out and one was buried in the minors the last year of his deal. I hope this one doesn't end up like those. At least if they bury his ass in Grand Rapids, his entire cap hit comes off.

TMoore4075 07-05-2017 10:08 AM

Oilers news conference at 3pm EDT. Gonna be raining cash in Edmonton I'm guessing.

lockman21 07-05-2017 12:43 PM

8 years at $12.24625M per year comes out to $97.97M total

TMoore4075 07-05-2017 01:00 PM

Of the 100mil, 86mil of it is signing bonuses I guess. So each July 1st he's gonna get a huge paycheck.

swordo84 07-06-2017 07:47 AM

Not a bad pay date for McJesus. Now they need to lock up das German....and Talbot.

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 10:48 AM

Bonino firing shots at the Penns. bang bang

https://twitter.com/CTPSports/status/882978181283819527

TheLastPig 07-06-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16829565)
Bonino firing shots at the Penns. bang bang

https://twitter.com/CTPSports/status/882978181283819527

thats not a shot at the pens at all

but #brohangonnabrohan

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16829569)
thats not a shot at the pens at all

but #brohangonnabrohan

What? He said Preds were his number one choice, not the team he was just playing for and carried in 2016 in the playoffs. If that's not a backhanded jab not sure what else is...

barbogast 07-06-2017 11:12 AM

Bonino just signed there, of course he's gonna say it was his number one choice

What else is he gonna say?

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16829572)
Bonino just signed there, of course he's gonna say it was his number one choice

What else is he gonna say?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but seems like a pretty blatant jab at the Penns to me tbh. Yea he's going to talk positively and be excited but the way it was worded seems like a jab to me

TheLastPig 07-06-2017 11:27 AM

its only a blatant jab because you wanted it to be.

Pens soured on him because he was terrible all last season until the playoffs. They may have not even thrown him an offer knowing what NSH was going to pay.

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16829579)
its only a blatant jab because you wanted it to be.

Pens soured on him because he was terrible all last season until the playoffs. They may have not even thrown him an offer knowing what NSH was going to pay.

Nope. Don't hate Pittsburg anymore bud. Too much hate isn't good for one's well being. Pittsburg are the champs. I'm cool with that

Roose13 07-06-2017 11:39 AM

Brohan has gone off the deep end

lockman21 07-06-2017 11:42 AM

Context is everything and nothing wrong with being happy with your new employer. Just because you switch jobs and say you're happy with the new one means you're taking shots at the old one? What?

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16829588)
Context is everything and nothing wrong with being happy with your new employer. Just because you switch jobs and say you're happy with the new one means you're taking shots at the old one? What?

I think I said this above, say 'you're excited for the new opportunity'. That's great. But to go out of your way to say "This was my #1 spot" over the place you just one 2 cups seems like a subtle jab to me. Wouldn't Pittsburg be his #1 spot???

Brohan_Santana 07-06-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16829587)
Brohan has gone off the deep end

Quite the opposite, I'm chilling in the kiddie pool like a puppy

TheLastPig 07-06-2017 12:00 PM

Maybe he has family in Nashville.. maybe he's always wanted to live in nashville.. maybe he has alot of friends on the Preds roster. It could literally be anything. Its easy to say that after bagging two rings then taking a contract where you want to go.

jrkarger 07-06-2017 12:09 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/re...chet-as-coach/

swordo84 07-06-2017 12:20 PM

Bad take by Brohan - not surprised.

~Crashintome89~ 07-06-2017 12:23 PM

or maybe bonino bonino bonino said it was his number one choice because maybe he knew it wasn't going to work out with the pens and that he would have to try his luck in free agency.

lockman21 07-06-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16829595)
I think I said this above, say 'you're excited for the new opportunity'. That's great. But to go out of your way to say "This was my #1 spot" over the place you just one 2 cups seems like a subtle jab to me. Wouldn't Pittsburg be his #1 spot???

Why does it have to be? Maybe he has family in Nashville? Maybe his wife wants to start a music career like Erik Decker's wife? Maybe he just likes drunk suburban college chicks in cowboy boots and wanted to sign for millions so he could buy them shots of Fireball on a Friday night at The Stage on Broadway? Who the fuck knows.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. There are a million reasons outside hockey that make guys want to sign somewhere that we are completely unaware of. Just because he wanted to be in Nashville doesn't mean that he hates or harbors any bad feelings towards his time in Pittsburgh.

lockman21 07-06-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16829601)
Maybe he has family in Nashville.. maybe he's always wanted to live in nashville.. maybe he has alot of friends on the Preds roster. It could literally be anything. Its easy to say that after bagging two rings then taking a contract where you want to go.

Fa realzies

TheLastPig 07-07-2017 06:04 AM

not sure if its leaked out nationally, but reporters around here are pretty confident Rick Tocchet will be the new coach in Arizona... I mean CO.

TMoore4075 07-07-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16829900)
not sure if its leaked out nationally, but reporters around here are pretty confident Rick Tocchet will be the new coach in Arizona... I mean CO.

I saw someone post it last night. I forgot he played there for a few seasons. For my team, I'm happy Todd Nelson will stay with Grand Rapids at least another year.

barbogast 07-10-2017 05:53 AM

https://theyuppieyinzer.files.wordpr...8&h=576&crop=1

JRS1386 07-10-2017 08:18 AM

The sadness of the Hamburglars face is real. It's like he lost a competition to Kessel and now has to eat only tofu the rest of his life while Kessel gets to eat all sort of meaty goodness

barbogast 07-10-2017 10:47 AM

Or maybe the look of "once we trade this dude he will win many Cups as a Penguin"

Lcsulla 07-11-2017 08:15 AM

Another nice move by Yzerman - keeping Johnson locked up for 7 years at a 5 mil annual hit. Gotta love that no income tax FL discount!

barbogast 07-11-2017 10:39 AM

http://www.benstonium.com/wp2015/wp-...23-520x293.jpg