Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 06-20-2017 12:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16819736)

Yeah but the NTC meant nothing here. You could have a full NTC and still be exposed in the expansion draft.

jrkarger 06-20-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16819742)
Yeah but the NTC meant nothing here. You could have a full NTC and still be exposed in the expansion draft.

Right, but I was talking about his contract in regards to a trade from Vegas to somewhere else. I was under the impression that his NMC clause required MAF's blessing to be traded to any other team post expansion.

Looks like Vegas could flip him if they wanted to a team not on his no trade list. I don't think that's going to happen. I have to believe this has been in the works for a while given that he waived the NMC back in Feb and his family has been apparently looking at houses in Vegas.

~Crashintome89~ 06-20-2017 01:19 PM

GMGM also said that he expects to have a good team this year, so have to imagine that Vegas is going to get the best available goaltender which would be Fleury.

TMoore4075 06-20-2017 01:21 PM

They'll probably be the most talented expansion team ever. Although, that's not saying too much.

dmbetc 06-20-2017 05:00 PM

Just did ATV tour with Dustin and friends, here's our group photo. Made a comment about Dustin's Kings shirt was gonna get dirty and he said "well I may have a new logo to sport after tomorrow." :lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/DLDW2

dmbetc 06-20-2017 05:17 PM

https://imgur.com/gallery/RZnoh

bradshaw06 06-20-2017 07:10 PM

Some of these new jerseys are ugly

UCFish 06-21-2017 04:45 AM

So will this Hossa skin allergy issue make him not count towards the cap if he retires?

Roose13 06-21-2017 04:52 AM

Hawks just released a statement he's not playing next season

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...sa/c-290029810

UCFish 06-21-2017 05:06 AM

Sucks to see Hossa go out like that.

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16820156)
So will this Hossa skin allergy issue make him not count towards the cap if he retires?

He won't retire. He'll just be on LTIR for the last 4 years of the deal. Franzen is never playing again for the Wings but he's not gonna retire for the same reason. These guys will still get paid but also not hurt the teams cap.

Roose13 06-21-2017 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16820162)
He won't retire. He'll just be on LTIR for the last 4 years of the deal. Franzen is never playing again for the Wings but he's not gonna retire for the same reason. These guys will still get paid but also not hurt the teams cap.

Same thing the Flyers did with Pronger

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16820163)
Same thing the Flyers did with Pronger

Forgot about him. Flyers were slightly dumber though cause that was a 35+ years old deal. So even if the cap recapture never became a thing with the last CBA, the Flyers were still on the hook for that deal. Which I'll say again, that rule is stupid. I mean I get why it's there, but if Pronger died, the Flyers still would have had his cap hit (had they not traded him). Which begs the question, can you trade a dead guy?

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 05:23 AM

@PierreVLeBrun: My understanding is that VGK have secured via trades about 10 draft picks spread out over 3 years. So far anyway.

Of course you never know how good a pick will turn out to be, but picks in bulk is good.

aeroshady 06-21-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16819955)
Just did ATV tour with Dustin and friends, here's our group photo. Made a comment about Dustin's Kings shirt was gonna get dirty and he said "well I may have a new logo to sport after tomorrow." :lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/DLDW2

This was the last post I read before going to bed....I had a dream that the Rangers traded for him last night :lol

Hope that comes true for you!

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 06:01 AM

While his contract sucks, would be a great leader to have on a new franchise.

aeroshady 06-21-2017 06:07 AM

New Jerseys for the NHL:

Winners:

-Minnesota: I like the new stripe across the middle.

-Las Vegas: They have a team, so this was a win in general

Losers:

-NJ Devils: :lol what an awful jersey. Warms my heart to see them get the shaft on this.

-Nashville: They took a step back in the wrong direction in their jersey history. Pretty poor effort here.

-Carolina: I am not digging the black on the bottom

-NY Islanders: Almost fine, but the while on the sleeves is weird

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 06:12 AM

Red Wings jersey looks totally different.

aeroshady 06-21-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16820206)
Red Wings jersey looks totally different.

Yeah, the NY Rangers one is so foreign to me. What were they thinking!

salrx95 06-21-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16820202)
New Jerseys for the NHL:

Winners:

-Minnesota: I like the new stripe across the middle.

-Las Vegas: They have a team, so this was a win in general

Losers:

-NJ Devils: :lol what an awful jersey. Warms my heart to see them get the shaft on this.

-Nashville: They took a step back in the wrong direction in their jersey history. Pretty poor effort here.

-Carolina: I am not digging the black on the bottom

-NY Islanders: Almost fine, but the while on the sleeves is weird

Shocking to see you dislike the Isles and Devils. It was required, wasn't it?

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 07:12 AM

Most you don't even notice a difference. The one's that I do it's the sleeves are weird. Devils, Canes and yeah the white at the end of the Isles arms is weird. That much white, on a mostly dark jersey is strange to me. Same with the Canes and a red jersey with these weird black forearms.

aeroshady 06-21-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16820240)
Shocking to see you dislike the Isles and Devils. It was required, wasn't it?

The Devils jersey is really bad though :lol. Even their own twitter page agrees:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...eal-nhl-adidas

The Islanders one is fine, but I do find the White odd. Will the Islanders be wearing white gloves?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16820256)
Most you don't even notice a difference. The one's that I do it's the sleeves are weird. Devils, Canes and yeah the white at the end of the Isles arms is weird. That much white, on a mostly dark jersey is strange to me. Same with the Canes and a red jersey with these weird black forearms.

:thumbsup Agreed. Most of the new jerseys are what I expected.

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 07:31 AM

Vegas has submitted their picks. We think the leak before tonight? I just want to know if it's Mrazek. I get why they did it, but it was risky. If he stays, maybe it's a slap to the face to stop being a douche and work hard for your job. Howie did. He struggled for a good year or so before he found his game. Hoping the rumors of someone wanting Helm was true. Get that contract off the books, buyout Ericsson (they won't) and Wings would be so much better off.

lockman21 06-21-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16820156)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16820162)

This, but it's not that simple. Hossa's cap counts in the offseason, but not during the season. You can go over the cap ceiling by 10% in the offseason, but have to be cap compliant by...I forget the date. Anyway, they can't put him on LTIR until the season starts, which makes things interesting for how they build the roster.

AGAIN, this is why he goes to the Yotes. They'll just take that contract off the Hawks hands and buy him out.

TMoore4075 06-21-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16820307)
This, but it's not that simple. Hossa's cap counts in the offseason, but not during the season. You can go over the cap ceiling by 10% in the offseason, but have to be cap compliant by...I forget the date. Anyway, they can't put him on LTIR until the season starts, which makes things interesting for how they build the roster.

AGAIN, this is why he goes to the Yotes. They'll just take that contract off the Hawks hands and buy him out.

I think the day after preseason is over.

lockman21 06-21-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16820318)
I think the day after preseason is over.

This helps understand the situation:

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...p-pronger-ltir

lockman21 06-21-2017 08:13 AM

Again, I don't think any of that matters as I'm guessing the Hawks trade him to the Yotes (or someone similar) instead.

It really sucks, and I hope he can take care of himself, but it is what it is.

TheLastPig 06-21-2017 08:27 AM

Sup doods...

Pens champs again. I enjoyed watching brohan melt down from afar.

Good lord those Vegas jerseys are HORRID. As are most of these adidas jerseys, the way most are cut make them look like shit.

lockman21 06-21-2017 08:43 AM

I like the Vegas ones.

TheLastPig 06-21-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16820367)
I like the Vegas ones.

They would be fine without the red. It throws the whole jersey off IMO.

I do like the white/gold gloves though.

The whole thing from logo on down just looks to a T like a made up NHL17 team.