Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 03-03-2015 11:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Weber absolutely deserves the Norris this year. Not to take away from the season many d-men are having (Letang included), there's just not a more complete defenseman in the NHL right now than Shea. And he's playing like it this year.

So sad to see Giordano go down. Love that guy.

barbogast 03-03-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15850287)
:lol Capitals

jesus

It's frustrating ya know, because as much as I really do love the team on the ice and want to see them succeed so badly, I would hate for Ted to get that satisfaction. He truly does not deserve it.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 11:31 AM

If it makes you feel better, I don't think they get out of the 2nd round(could lose in the 1st honestly), but that's me.

barbogast 03-03-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15850310)
If it makes you feel better, I don't think they get out of the 2nd round(could lose in the 1st honestly), but that's me.

Well and they probably will.

But that makes it even worse, because while the team on the ice continues to be just simply above average but not truly elite most years, the ticket prices keep going up and up and up.

Again, I love the team and I want them to win above anything else, but if I was in a position to actually go to any hockey games (which I'm really not) I would have to think very carefully if I really want that piece of garbage making money off my hard earned buck. Fuck Leonsis, he's a dirtbag.

aeroshady 03-03-2015 11:55 AM

Wow, that is ugly by the Caps organization. Sorry to hear that.

I remember the fans in Toronto flipping out because Toronto FC did close to the same after the team missed the playoffs again. Asking that much when the team has not one a title is insane.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 12:00 PM

So raised the top tier. What about the rest? He's trying to get the corporate people to buy those up. Huge money there. Wings have done that for a while. My tickets tomorrow are just ok and for two they cost me almost $150.

Toronto, they keep selling out so, they are gonna keep charging. Fans can throw jerseys all they want. That money was already spent by those fans on the sweater and the ticket.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-03-2015 12:03 PM

ya im guessing the people who own the top tier seats are not indiviudals, it's corporate and an easy money grab for any organization.
i don't think that's such an awful crime.
also $8,000/yr for those seats seems pretty cheap compared to what I've seen in other arenas.
That's comporable to what CBJ charges for the glass seats and Columbus is a much smaller market with a much smaller fan base.

Brohan_Santana 03-03-2015 12:04 PM

Barbs you need to get your shit straight before you bitch. The price increase that your talking of only effects 2% of the overall capacity of seats. All they did was extend the VIP seats to include 2 more rows.

The price increase next year is only 3% excluding the VIP seats. And the Caps are working with those customers who were in those seats on finding them new seats on a one-on-one basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15850348)
So raised the top tier. What about the rest? He's trying to get the corporate people to buy those up. Huge money there. Wings have done that for a while. My tickets tomorrow are just ok and for two they cost me almost $150.

Toronto, they keep selling out so, they are gonna keep charging. Fans can throw jerseys all they want. That money was already spent by those fans on the sweater and the ticket.

I read on Washington Post that approximately 60% of the seats in the building will increase in prices next year. Only level I've seen exact figures for is the top tier.

I should clarify, I don't really have a problem with raising the prices. I have a problem with raising them by the amount he did. He's taken seats that already cost a lot of money away from the hands of regular people that have been in those seats for decades in some cases, and made it so only corporate sponsors can afford them. This is a team that is only a decade removed from the fire sale and less than a decade removed from being a last place team in the NHL. When was the last time the Red Wings finished in last place? These people that can't afford the seats anymore are the same people that bought season tickets back in the really bad days, back when there was a thing called the Eagle's Nest at the top of the building and you could buy 4 tickets for $20 (i.e. about ten years ago). And this is how Ted treats them. It's garbage, despicable garbage. There's now way around it.

Simple point is the Caps aren't the Wings or the Leafs, not even close. Toronto is and always will be the most in demand franchise. It's because they are in Toronto and nothing more. You can't really put a Canadian franchise in the same light as a team like the Caps. The Wings don't have bad seasons, they haven't for almost my entire life. There's a difference there. Verizon Center is littered with division title banners. That's all they got.

Raising the prices is fine, making them unaffordable to the people that have been in those seats through the dark days is not.

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15850360)
Barbs you need to get your shit straight before you bitch. The price increase that your talking of only effects 2% of the overall capacity of seats. All they did was extend the VIP seats to include 2 more rows.

The price increase next year is only 3% excluding the VIP seats. And the Caps are working with those customers who were in those seats on finding them new seats on a one-on-one basis.

Does not change the fact that he's made it unaffordable for long term STHers to keep their seats. No matter how you spin it, that's a dirty move

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15850357)
ya im guessing the people who own the top tier seats are not indiviudals, it's corporate and an easy money grab for any organization.
i don't think that's such an awful crime.
also $8,000/yr for those seats seems pretty cheap compared to what I've seen in other arenas.
That's comporable to what CBJ charges for the glass seats and Columbus is a much smaller market with a much smaller fan base.

I know of several instances where they are in fact individuals, obviously I cannot account for every seat. But screwing over anyone who has forked out that kind of money for a minimal on ice return sucks

Brohan_Santana 03-03-2015 12:23 PM

It literally affects 300 seats. Poor STH have to move back one row.

All they did was extended the VIP area. This is a literal non-issue.

This is not a dick move and you are blasting Leonsis for no reason

~Crashintome89~ 03-03-2015 12:24 PM

yeah barbs, give the Caps a break. Do you know how many President's Trophies they've won?

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:25 PM

Why should anyone want to move back any amount of rows?

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15850410)
It literally affects 300 seats. Poor STH have to move back one row.

All they did was extended the VIP area. This is a literal non-issue.

This is not a dick move and you are blasting Leonsis for no reason

The other thing you forget to make mention of is that at no point were STH that would be affected this informed of the price increase until the bill came. That's pretty shitty IMO

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 12:34 PM

I'm very upset....that the Coyotes game on Thursday will not be on tv nationally. They are wearing their original jerseys. Sure they were ugly, but they were the 90's.

Brohan_Santana 03-03-2015 12:35 PM

Not being informed is shitty but it still doesn't change the fact your blasting Leonsis for legitimate business move. Leonsis overall is a very sound owner

Dramageek 03-03-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15850425)
The other thing you forget to make mention of is that at no point were STH that would be affected this informed of the price increase until the bill came. That's pretty shitty IMO

As a Pens fan, I have despised Leonsis since he intentionally blocked people with 412 area codes or Pittsburgh Zip Codes from buying tickets to Pens-Caps games in D. C.

Yes, ticket prices are going to rise, but this is a grade-A dick move. At least let people know beforehand. And corporate money-grab or no, it is a huge increase.

~Crashintome89~ 03-03-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15850433)
As a Pens fan, I have despised Leonsis since he intentionally blocked people with 412 area codes or Pittsburgh Zip Codes from buying tickets to Pens-Caps games in D. C.

I remember that. That's hilarious. :lol:lol:lol:lol

What a bunch of sore losers.

barbogast 03-03-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15850429)
I'm very upset....that the Coyotes game on Thursday will not be on tv nationally. They are wearing their original jerseys. Sure they were ugly, but they were the 90's.

Those really were some amazing jerseys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15850432)
Not being informed is shitty but it still doesn't change the fact your blasting Leonsis for legitimate business move. Leonsis overall is a very sound owner

Ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15850433)

Yes, ticket prices are going to rise, but this is a grade-A dick move. At least let people know beforehand. And corporate money-grab or no, it is a huge increase.

This sure never kept Pens fans out of Verizon Center :lol

And exactly, if you're gonna talk and blog about how much you care about your fans, at least give them a heads up and have a remedial plan laid out. Just sending a bill with that kind of price hike is beyond grimy

fonzz41 03-03-2015 12:53 PM

Guys... it just hit me. What if Brohan IS Leonsis?

Dramageek 03-03-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15850436)
I remember that. That's hilarious. :lol:lol:lol:lol

What a bunch of sore losers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15850440)

This sure never kept Pens fans out of Verizon Center :lol

And exactly, if you're gonna talk and blog about how much you care about your fans, at least give them a heads up and have a remedial plan laid out. Just sending a bill with that kind of price hike is beyond grimy

It's totally hilarious as the bolded is true and the Pens kept winning in the playoffs! :lol

~Crashintome89~ 03-03-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15850480)
Guys... it just hit me. What if Brohan IS Leonsis?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif

lockman21 03-03-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15850280)
So Ted Leonsis, often praised as one of the best owners in sports, has just raised top tier season ticket prices by 250%. That is not a typo, two hundred and fifty percent. What was an $8,000/yr seat (~10 rows off the ice or closer) this season is now a whopping $20,000/yr for next season. What's worse, current STHers were not given any advance notice of the increase, they found out when the annual invoice email came.

As much as I love the Washington Capitals, I absolutely hate that crook. He's in it for the corporate fillers which is surely all that can afford to spend that kind of money. And let's keep one thing in mind here: we're talking about the CAPS. Not the Habs, not the Leafs, not the Wings, not the Hawks. The fucking Capitals. I'm unsure of exact prices for other clubs, but I cannot imagine even for the elite and always in demand franchises that they would be much higher if even this high at all. That breaks down to just under $500 A GAME. Again, for the Washington FUCKING Capitals. Absolutely insane, and a huge slap to many fans that have stuck with this dumpster of a franchise for DECADES. He should be ashamed of himself. But he's not. I hope everyone cancels and the seats stay empty.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL WHAT

fonzz41 03-03-2015 01:28 PM

Whether the Avs make the playoffs or not (spoiler: they won't), stuff like this is what makes them - and most other hockey players - awesome.

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/video...sole?id=767586

barbogast 03-03-2015 03:11 PM

Just saw the comments Kessel made earlier today. Good for Phil.

Also BOBROVSKY! gets back in the cage tonight vs Caps

barbogast 03-03-2015 03:50 PM

So Lupul, Phaneuf and Phaneuf's wife are all evidently suing TSN for that tweet incident on Monday. Demanding TSN "pay a significant amount of damages". Rich people suing rich people. :rolleyes

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 03:54 PM

Sue them for human error? OK. Maybe the people of Toronto can sue the Leafs for signing Dion to that contract.

barbogast 03-03-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15850925)
Sue them for human error? OK. Maybe the people of Toronto can sue the Leafs for signing Dion to that contract.

Exactly. It's ridiculous

lockman21 03-03-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15850915)
So Lupul, Phaneuf and Phaneuf's wife are all evidently suing TSN for that tweet incident on Monday. Demanding TSN "pay a significant amount of damages". Rich people suing rich people. :rolleyes

OK, that's just stupid.