Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 09-13-2014 12:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

To be real right now, I'm completely down for a new draft. Lockman is right, it's just not fair to have a keeper league currently. I would have drafted completely different if I had known it was a keeper league.

Plus, it would make this year's draft so unique and fun if we could all do it together.

Alazais 09-13-2014 12:45 PM

Is anyone going to Watch the Leafs vs Blackhawks rookie game tonight? If so, are you able to find a stream? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

lockman21 09-13-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15593977)
To be real right now, I'm completely down for a new draft. Lockman is right, it's just not fair to have a keeper league currently. I would have drafted completely different if I had known it was a keeper league.

Plus, it would make this year's draft so unique and fun if we could all do it together.

Totally making this my sig

~Crashintome89~ 09-13-2014 02:19 PM

oh great, this would replace the video of Patrick Kane's Game 6 OT goal, right?

dmbetc 09-13-2014 02:48 PM

Watching the Kings Championship Blu Ray. Such a crazy playoff run. I'm really excited to see what they do this season. Getting chills.

aeroshady 09-13-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15594143)
Watching the Kings Championship Blu Ray. Such a crazy playoff run. I'm really excited to see what they do this season. Getting chills.

Hopefully lose first round ;)

....I'm not still bitter.

waterboy100 09-13-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15594793)
I'm not still bitter.

Well that's good to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

salrx95 09-14-2014 05:03 AM

This is more of a question for Tim but anyone can chime in. I am being offered Jimmy Howard for Jordan Eberle, who I am not keeping, in my fantasy league, which is an auction league. Howard is $5 keeper, which is the minimum and I can keep him at that level for as long as I want. I was looking for another G to keep with Schneider, who I own at 5 bucks. Eberle is a $29 keeper and I am looking to get cheaper keepers. G are at a premium and to have 2 good G for 10 bucks would be awesome.

So my question is: Do you think Howard returns to form this year? He is supposedly the most healthy he has been in 2 years but I know "The Monster" could very well snipe starts if Howard doesn't get off to a good start. He is still young at 30. Do you think Howard can be at least a top 8-12 G?

Thanks.

TMoore4075 09-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15595063)
This is more of a question for Tim but anyone can chime in. I am being offered Jimmy Howard for Jordan Eberle, who I am not keeping, in my fantasy league, which is an auction league. Howard is $5 keeper, which is the minimum and I can keep him at that level for as long as I want. I was looking for another G to keep with Schneider, who I own at 5 bucks. Eberle is a $29 keeper and I am looking to get cheaper keepers. G are at a premium and to have 2 good G for 10 bucks would be awesome.

So my question is: Do you think Howard returns to form this year? He is supposedly the most healthy he has been in 2 years but I know "The Monster" could very well snipe starts if Howard doesn't get off to a good start. He is still young at 30. Do you think Howard can be at least a top 8-12 G?

Thanks.

I think he can return to form. He was much improved down the stretch and was fantastic in game 1 against the Bruins. That's my beacon of hope.

~Crashintome89~ 09-14-2014 11:42 AM

It all depends on your wingers. I think Eberle is going to have a good year. If you're already set with wingers then I wouldn't do it. But if you need some firepower, I would consider it. Schneider will put up some good numbers regardless of how the Devils do this season (I think they're going to improve from last year too).

fonzz41 09-14-2014 03:17 PM

Sorry Waterboy, I got your email but didn't click the "renew" thing. All set now. (Thackalanche)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15593977)

All good points.

salrx95 09-14-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15595380)
It all depends on your wingers. I think Eberle is going to have a good year. If you're already set with wingers then I wouldn't do it. But if you need some firepower, I would consider it. Schneider will put up some good numbers regardless of how the Devils do this season (I think they're going to improve from last year too).

We can keep 4 guys and I am keeping Getzlaf along with Schneider and Okposo, who are both minimum dollar guys. My 4th could be Eberle but I like the idea of getting a G since they go for big money in the auction. I figure with Howard and Schneider, I'd be set at G and could just attack the F at auction.

I think I'm going to do it.

~Crashintome89~ 09-14-2014 04:24 PM

so when is the draft? In two weeks?

I'm good for any day except the 22nd. Flyers preseason. Whatttt..

TMoore4075 09-16-2014 05:56 AM

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...m-not-one-guy/

Ruh Roh for our one Jackets fan.

Rebecca De Mornay 09-16-2014 06:28 AM

i mean i still feel the same way as i did before.

i think jarmo is absolutely right that the reason they were succesful was last year was the team approach.
there are so many young guys on this team that will be negotiating new deals in the next 5 years that they have to set precedent to really have a chance of putting a respectable squad on the ice in years to come.
johansen only had one good year, CBJ isn't trying to lock him up for 7 years at 4mill, it's 2 years. if you're so good go do it for 2 more years and then get paid.

in any event i think he signs a few days after camp starts for 4-5 mill/2 years. I just don't see how johnansen "wins" by sitting out. $4.5 is way better than nothing and I don't think he's that marketable as a UFA if he sits out all that time.

Rebecca De Mornay 09-16-2014 06:32 AM

having said that, a 19 alternate is the only jackets sweater I own.

if he's not playing on opening night due to this situation what do I do?

buy a murray sweater?

hailtopitt 09-16-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15597927)

buy a murray sweater?

buy a fleury sweater, he was the best player for the jackets last year

~Crashintome89~ 09-16-2014 06:35 AM

http://giant.gfycat.com/AdolescentSpeedyCaiman.gif

barbogast 09-16-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15597920)
i mean i still feel the same way as i did before.

i think jarmo is absolutely right that the reason they were succesful was last year was the team approach.
there are so many young guys on this team that will be negotiating new deals in the next 5 years that they have to set precedent to really have a chance of putting a respectable squad on the ice in years to come.
johansen only had one good year, CBJ isn't trying to lock him up for 7 years at 4mill, it's 2 years. if you're so good go do it for 2 more years and then get paid.

in any event i think he signs a few days after camp starts for 4-5 mill/2 years. I just don't see how johnansen "wins" by sitting out. $4.5 is way better than nothing and I don't think he's that marketable as a UFA if he sits out all that time.

I think this is the most important point in all of this. Ryan Johansen hurts himself by sitting out much more than he hurts CBus. Will the roster look weaker without him on it? Obviously, but if he expects to get a better deal as a 21 year old who only had one really good year, AND he's now got the ugly stigma that comes with long contract disputes, he's crazy. $4.5 mil is a lot of money, he's foolish not to take it

fonzz41 09-16-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15597927)

buy a murray sweater?

This should have been your first choice. One with a C on it.

But I forgive you.

~Crashintome89~ 09-16-2014 10:52 AM

who is the better player right now?

Claude Giroux or John Tavares.

fonzz41 09-16-2014 12:18 PM

I would say OMGCG is the better all-around talent. Great skater who does everything well.

Tavares is a bit more specialized in his skills (i.e., scoring and his hands in general), but his skating is, frankly, sub-par. Still, Tavares is able to make up for it with INCREDIBLE hockey sense. You never notice he's a slow player because he has a knack for being where he's supposed to be and he just ends up there. I think he's arguably a bit more consistent as well.

Giroux's probably a bit more electric, while JT's a bit more reliable.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't actually answer your question of who's better. The correct answer is Drew Doughty.

TMoore4075 09-16-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15598733)
I would say OMGCG is the better all-around talent. Great skater who does everything well.

Tavares is a bit more specialized in his skills (i.e., scoring and his hands in general), but his skating is, frankly, sub-par. Still, Tavares is able to make up for it with INCREDIBLE hockey sense. You never notice he's a slow player because he has a knack for being where he's supposed to be and he just ends up there. I think he's arguably a bit more consistent as well.

Giroux's probably a bit more electric, while JT's a bit more reliable.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't actually answer your question of who's better. The correct answer is Drew Doughty.

Correct answer is Adam Foote.

fonzz41 09-16-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15598776)
Correct answer is Adam Foote.

Well yeah, if we were talking about all time.

waterboy100 09-16-2014 02:50 PM

OK. So I have thought about it and the dissenters have a very good point. It is not entirely fair to convert a league to keeper unless everyone is on board.

That said, I think that a keeper league is a pretty cool idea and I am proposing that we draft this year with it in mind that this is now a keeper league. Is that ok?

fonzz41 09-16-2014 02:56 PM

^ Yeppers.

JRS1386 09-16-2014 03:21 PM

The fuck you guys smoking? Correct answer is a three way FOD tie

aeroshady 09-16-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 15598927)
OK. So I have thought about it and the dissenters have a very good point. It is not entirely fair to convert a league to keeper unless everyone is on board.

That said, I think that a keeper league is a pretty cool idea and I am proposing that we draft this year with it in mind that this is now a keeper league. Is that ok?

Yes, I like that idea.

Also, when is the draft? I have an exam at 5pm on the 23rd. Hope it is not that night!

lockman21 09-16-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15594122)
oh great, this would replace the video of Patrick Kane's Game 6 OT goal, right?

Not a chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 15598927)

Absolutely. I'm in.

swordo84 09-16-2014 08:47 PM

Noticed someone mentioned an Oiler so I thought I would pop in and say 'hi'. Not too long now until the annual avatar change and I start to think hockey again :)