Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Seek#41Up 06-13-2014 08:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15409411)
You're in the SCF and you're talking about a guy that just got fired after one season despite signing a ridiculous contract in Vancouver.

Stop.

None of that is relevant at all. Fact is Richards is not playing up to par and is getting important ice time which is my point.

Perch1019 06-13-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAA1305 (Post 15409517)

Any other controversial call has been a 50-50 call, just like that interference call that Nash drew.

Youre going to put the Nash call on the same level as that non goalie interference that was a huge part of this series? I cant even with that.

The Rangers bring alot of it on themselves by playing like scared pussies in the 3rd periods but the Kings are good enough where they dont need the officials handing them gifts like that. That call was a disgrace. You could call Muzzin for the trip or even a dive. Instead, they call Zucc. I dont even see how you logically call Zucc there since hes skating out of the zone and Muzzin is stationary. Its mind blowing how bad that was.

The Kings are a much better team and deserve to be where they are. Its just frustrating to see things like that after seeing what happened in game 2. This series could be completely different instead of a blow out forgone conclusion that the kings are hoisting the cup.

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek#41Up (Post 15409649)
None of that is relevant at all. Fact is Richards is not playing up to par and is getting important ice time which is my point.

You must also be a Blackhawks fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perch1019 (Post 15409651)
Youre going to put the Nash call on the same level as that non goalie interference that was a huge part of this series? I cant even with that.

The Rangers bring alot of it on themselves by playing like scared pussies in the 3rd periods but the Kings are good enough where they dont need the officials handing them gifts like that. That call was a disgrace. You could call Muzzin for the trip or even a dive. Instead, they call Zucc. I dont even see how you logically call Zucc there since hes skating out of the zone and Muzzin is stationary. Its mind blowing how bad that was.

The Kings are a much better team and deserve to be where they are. Its just frustrating to see things like that after seeing what happened in game 2. This series could be completely different instead of a blow out forgone conclusion that the kings are hoisting the cup.

I can't even with that either

Seek#41Up 06-13-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAA1305 (Post 15409517)
Rangers haven't been flat out fucked at all -- until that call. That was a bad one, I'll give you that for sure.

Any other controversial call has been a 50-50 call, just like that interference call that Nash drew.

And again, the Rangers continue to disappear in the 3rd period of these games. Those calls tend to happen when one team is seemingly constantly scrambling and the other team is setting up camp in the offensive zone. Not saying that makes it the right call (it wasn't), but to act like this series has been determined by the officials to this point is pretty weak. Rangers have relinquished four two-goal leads and are yet to play a single good 3rd period, whether leading, tied or trailing. They need to look within, before looking to the stripes.

The series in no way has been determined by the refs. However, the goalie interference in game 2 clear changed the momentum of the game and out of any sport is extremely important in hockey.

That call on Zuc is flat out embarassing and cost the team a goal. The bad calls have been in big spots.

To overcome those calls the Rangers need to stop playing like the Kings get 20 minute PP is the 3rd period.

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perch1019 (Post 15409651)

:ugh:ugh:ugh

The Rangers are one goal away from making this a 3-2 series going back to New York. And like I've said over and over, they've put themselves in this position.

Whether that terrible call is made tonight or not, the Kings had already been dominating the action and threatened to score the game-tying goal 3-4 times in the first five minutes of the period. They had chance after chance in Game 4, too. Rangers got bailed out by some soft ice and a couple big breaks in that one. They need to be more aggressive and they need to protect leads.

If the Rangers play even one remotely decent 3rd period or protect even one two-goal lead (the refs only made one controversial call that led to a goal), then this is on the verge of a 2-2 series. The Rangers have not played Stanley Cup-caliber hockey in the 3rd period of any of these games.

Again, bad call tonight, but the way things were going, there's a decent chance this game was going to end up tied either way. Rangers were on their heels and scrambling the entire first seven minutes of the period.

Seek#41Up 06-13-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15409655)
You must also be a Blackhawks fan

I am a Rangers fan but not a blind one.

Perch1019 06-13-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15409655)

I can't even with that either

I left out one word in that sentence and it really sounded pathetic. Argue should have been in there.

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:22 PM

Be critical when your team gets eliminated or loses the game, not when they are still playing the game

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:26 PM

How did Richards not get that shot off on the power play?

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:27 PM

Looked like he hesitated too much

Perch1019 06-13-2014 08:29 PM

My heart is racing. I'm sitting on a couch. How the hell do these guys do this?

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15409718)
Looked like he hesitated too much

Damn. Should have just been a one-timer -- looked like he had A LOT of net to shoot at. Couldn't tell if he didn't have it clean on his stick or what. If that's St. Louis, game over.

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:34 PM

Holy. Shit.

No other sport compares to this. None.

hippieman556 06-13-2014 08:34 PM

Let's go rangers

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:35 PM

I hope Peggy fucked up the delivery of the Stanley Cup again

barbogast 06-13-2014 08:39 PM

Got back to my hotel from Camden in time to watch the end of the game?!?! YES!!!!

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:41 PM

Lundqvist :lol :lol

What a crazy coincidence that he dropped his water bottle and then there was something random on the ice allllll the way over in the corner of the ice after that extremely long shift that ended in an icing.

Honestly though, I love the gamesmanship in these games :thumbsup

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15409749)
Got back to my hotel from Camden in time to watch the end of the game?!?! YES!!!!

Night just keeps getting better for you :thumbsup :thumbsup

Hope you enjoyed the show! (then again, don't know how you couldn't) :lol

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:42 PM

Holy crap, feel bad for Rags fan, hearts must have given by now

LAA1305 06-13-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15409757)
Holy crap, feel bad for Rags fan, hearts must have given by now

That's not exclusive to Rangers fans :lol

M. Steng 06-13-2014 08:48 PM

Can't breathe. How that McDonough shot didn't go in is beyond me. Krieder has to bury that breakaway. At least throw a move in there. Lundqvist is our Lord and Savior.

JRS1386 06-13-2014 08:49 PM

True, but for the Rangers this is do or die and the Kings have had the most pressure, though the Rangers have had their fair amount of chances

AlpineValley804 06-13-2014 08:51 PM

This game defines playoff hockey.

Perch1019 06-13-2014 08:52 PM

This is so cruel. The rewards vs heartbreak for staying up and watching this is so lopsided. I'm either going to go to bed happy to see one more game or probably crying and devastated. Fuck sports.

barbogast 06-13-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15408795)
Good thing you didn't say that to me on the lawn at PNC :p

Really want to watch more hockey and I am working tonight...even more reason I hope we stay alive tonight!

:lol sorry bud, just can't stomach the idea of the Rangers winning the Cup

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAA1305 (Post 15409756)
Night just keeps getting better for you :thumbsup :thumbsup

Hope you enjoyed the show! (then again, don't know how you couldn't) :lol

Thanks, and I did! :thumbsup

JRS1386 06-13-2014 09:14 PM

Weird seeing the Rangers pp not failing

LAA1305 06-13-2014 09:15 PM

Holy shit, Voynov. This is just unbelievable.

I've never seen an OT go this long, despite so many legitimate scoring chances...

JRS1386 06-13-2014 09:16 PM

What a blocked shot

thebridge15 06-13-2014 09:21 PM

This is amazing

JRS1386 06-13-2014 09:23 PM

anyone else think Boyle looks like Inigo Montoya?