Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Suspicious Death at DMB show (STL); Looking for Witness (Updated 6/6) (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=351722)

tyler3440 05-22-2019 09:18 PM

Suspicious Death at DMB show (STL); Looking for Witness (Updated 6/6)

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...0-b2b0d4e861db

very messed up situation. Anyone see anything?

YankeesDMB41 05-22-2019 09:20 PM

Re: Suspicious Death at DMB show

You're having yourself a day out there

golf87 05-22-2019 09:20 PM

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...189a018f4.html

Longer story here. Can only imagine what that family is going through.

tyler3440 05-22-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra O (Post 17451616)
Hello, I just joined but cannot post on threads for 3 days. A family member of ours lost his life at the show Wednesday night. I am trying to search every venue possible for anyone that may have seen anything at all. The story was on the local area news tonight and is being investigated as a suspicious death. I don't know if I can post links but this is the news story. Please help us spread the word and hopefully find some answers. - Sandra Osburn (sister in law of Jasen Smith) https://krcgtv.com/news/local/maryla...-as-suspicious

To quote from the STL thread.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-22-2019 10:15 PM

Thanks Tyler. Okay, letís keep this one on task boys. If there is a murderer out there, this family deserves justice. Not getting this thread locked is the least we can do

tyler3440 05-22-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17455594)
Thanks Tyler. Okay, letís keep this one on task boys. If there is a murderer out there, this family deserves justice. Not getting this thread locked is the least we can do

Yeah, this thread needed a second chance.

crashintonickdm 05-22-2019 10:46 PM

Very sad and It’s astounding nobody saw anything. Especially if it happened after ants had just ended.

karczews41 05-22-2019 11:01 PM

Thank you for not letting this get burried. Guy got apparently killed at a DMB show, at the venue, and to our knowledge the person(s) that are involved haven’t been found yet.

karczews41 05-22-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf87 (Post 17455564)
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...189a018f4.html

Longer story here. Can only imagine what that family is going through.

This article deserves a bump. I called the lawyer for the family and left a message letting him know that this may be a good resource to use in trying to contact people that may have been at the show.

Gene Parmesan 05-23-2019 05:26 AM

I’d consider the venue staff. Some of those people can be real dickheads about leaving immediately after the show.

RiotAct 05-23-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 17455613)
Very sad and Itís astounding nobody saw anything. Especially if it happened after ants had just ended.

It was about 10 or 15 minutes after Ants had ended... according to the article he had gone back to grab something that his wife had left behind. Most of then venue had cleared out by that point.

Total speculation on my part, but I'm thinking drugs were involved.... someone high off their mind thinking this guy was threatening them or something.

GoingToCA91 05-23-2019 08:21 AM

The STL Today article seems to suggest "something, not someone" may have hit him in the head... How soon do they start tearing down sound rigs and stuff? But also, if "something" hit him in the head, you'd think the offending object would be nearby... so strange.

ForkInFork 05-23-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 (Post 17455689)
The STL Today article seems to suggest "something, not someone" may have hit him in the head... How soon do they start tearing down sound rigs and stuff? But also, if "something" hit him in the head, you'd think the offending object would be nearby... so strange.

somebody could have thrown something at him

garagebrothers 05-23-2019 05:06 PM

Been reading as much of this online as I can find. I just cant believe that one person didn't see anything. Unless of course there wasn't anything to really see. What if someone threw a full beer can into a crowd and it hit him? What if he was running and smacked face first into something? It may have been something that people didn't even realize was that big of a deal. That being said, of someone did hit him, their ass better be getting too muched in prison for the rest of their lives.

RSSR 05-23-2019 05:21 PM

Re: Suspicious Death at DMB show (STL); Looking for Witness

It amazes me someone can get away with murder at a rock concert, albeit the venue was being vacated by everyone.

ExistenceNow 05-23-2019 05:21 PM

Thanks for reposting, Tyler. Was going to unlock the other one after a bit but a new one is better. Also stickied it and adjusted the title a bit.

prdstmnky36 05-23-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagebrothers (Post 17456472)
Been reading as much of this online as I can find. I just cant believe that one person didn't see anything. Unless of course there wasn't anything to really see. What if someone threw a full beer can into a crowd and it hit him? What if he was running and smacked face first into something? It may have been something that people didn't even realize was that big of a deal. That being said, of someone did hit him, their ass better be getting too muched in prison for the rest of their lives.

I thought the initial article I saw (that was posted in the STL thread) had a statement from the medical examiner who said something like "he had a badly fractured skull, something that wouldn't be cause by a fall or the like". It led me to believe this took significant force.

spinartist 05-24-2019 02:15 PM

Even if it happened quickly, it seems unlikely that absolutely nobody witnessed some part of the incident that resulted in a fatal injury to Jasen Smith. Someone saw or heard something. I would hope, for the sake of this DMB fan's wife and children, people will call the detectives (314 298 8700) to share what they saw. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

But even if somehow there was not even a single witness to the actual incident (concrete walkway between the lawn and pavilion 11:10pm) there are other questions with potential answers that might help us find people with important clues.

1. He was returning to his seats to look for a t-shirt, which he did not possess when paramedics found him. Did anyone see him looking around and/or under his empty seats shortly after 11pm?
2. Was he still on his way back to the seats when the injury happened, or did it occur as he was returning to his wife after the search?
3. If he was returning to his wife, was he unsuccessful in finding the shirt, or did he have it at one point?
4. Where exactly was he when medical staff responded to assist him? Was he near the mouth of any of the concrete stairways that serve the lawn, indicating he may have been pushed or fallen?
5. While paramedics were treating him, his phone rang and they answered. Was the phone in his pocket, or somewhere nearby on the ground? The latter would suggest a fall or possible attack.
6. Where were his seats during the show? Could there have been some earlier confrontation or interaction with other individuals at his seats during the show, that is connected to whatever happened at 11:10pm?

answers to these questions might help those who were at the show to possibly recall from memory some detail or observation that will be useful to investigators. Even a seemingly minor detail could ultimately prove to be critical to this case. I have a call in to the detective to ask if there are any answers they can share regarding the above, and I will post here if so. In the meantime, maybe the person who has been in contact with the family's lawyer can ask him to provide more details?

RiotAct 05-28-2019 05:26 PM

no updates at all?

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 11:23 AM

What's mind blowing is the articles mention that someone reported him lying on the ground to security. They are looking for this person who reported him but they haven't been able to find them.

How does this person not step forward unless he/she was involved? Or, is it somehow possible that this person doesn't know what happened? I mean, can you go through life without realizing the police are looking for you? The articles, people talking, coworkers knowing you went to the show (did you hear about this person etc)?

I just don't get how this person doesn't step forward. Or maybe they have and the articles haven't been updated..

ExistenceNow 05-29-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17459262)
What's mind blowing is the articles mention that someone reported him lying on the ground to security. They are looking for this person who reported him but they haven't been able to find them.

How does this person not step forward unless he/she was involved? Or, is it somehow possible that this person doesn't know what happened? I mean, can you go through life without realizing the police are looking for you? The articles, people talking, coworkers knowing you went to the show (did you hear about this person etc)?

I just don't get how this person doesn't step forward. Or maybe they have and the articles haven't been updated..

If I just find a person on the ground, I would run to get EMS/Police. Once they are treating him, unless I know the person, I'm going on with my night as there's nothing more I can do at that point.

How would that person even know they are looking for them? If not for Ants, I would never even know this happened.

drop2d 05-29-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17459270)
If I just find a person on the ground, I would run to get EMS/Police. Once they are treating him, unless I know the person, I'm going on with my night as there's nothing more I can do at that point.

How would that person even know they are looking for them? If not for Ants, I would never even know this happened.

I think we're all a bit different in that respect... I'd want to know if the guy was ok so I'd probably try to find out after.

That said... something like this, you would think it might reach a national news level. I mean, it's not every day that someone dies at a DMB show. Instead we have endless coverage on Mt. Everest, where, no shit, people died.

RiotAct 05-29-2019 11:35 AM

half the U.S. population has friggin cameras on their porches nowadays, for crying out loud. How was this incident NOT captured on surveillance of some kind?

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 11:37 AM

I never agree with Drop2d but I do on this topic. I would be googling 'DMB Gorge, Gorge accident, Gorge man found unconscious' or something along those lines for at least a couple weeks after the show to see if there was any news out there.

Also, while this didn't really make national news, I bet it was or is pretty mainstream in MO, especially in the city.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 17459281)
half the U.S. population has friggin cameras on their porches nowadays, for crying out loud. How was this incident NOT captured on surveillance of some kind?

This X a million. Every time I see this thread, it's the one thing that goes through my head repeatedly. Really odd.

ExistenceNow 05-29-2019 11:40 AM

I guess it would depend on what I saw. If my eyes just saw someone unconscious, I would just assume drunk and not think much of it after the fact.

If I saw the head wound/lots of blood, yea, I'd probably Google it later.

BUT, if all I did was find him laying there, I don't know that I'd contact police. I probably listen to too many wrongful conviction podcasts, but I'm not seeing much of an upside to inserting myself into the situation if I have no information.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17459289)
I guess it would depend on what I saw. If my eyes just saw someone unconscious, I would just assume drunk and not think much of it after the fact.

If I saw the head wound/lots of blood, yea, I'd probably Google it later.

BUT, if all I did was find him laying there, I don't know that I'd contact police. I probably listen to too many wrongful conviction podcasts, but I'm not seeing much of an upside to inserting myself into the situation if I have no information.

Good point..At this point, given they appear to have no suspects, you'd become someone of interest.

K270 05-29-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17459285)
I never agree with Drop2d but I do on this topic. I would be googling 'DMB Gorge, Gorge accident, Gorge man found unconscious' or something along those lines for at least a couple weeks after the show to see if there was any news out there.

Also, while this didn't really make national news, I bet it was or is pretty mainstream in MO, especially in the city.

Who ever reported it to security, may not live in the immediate area. The person may have travelled from another part of the state or country. I doubt DMB or Ticketmaster would want to get involved, but maybe both could send out an e-mail explaining what happened at the show. It'll be nothing more than the police are looking for your help. DMB has a very loyal following and people come from all over. I'd also guess less than 5% of the fan base frequent the message boards and other social media outlets. If TM and DMB or Musictoday doesn't want to get involved, maybe a lawyer can spend the time getting a address list and sending out a plea to all attendees.

RiotAct 05-29-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K270 (Post 17459361)
Who ever reported it to security, may not live in the immediate area. The person may have travelled from another part of the state or country. I doubt DMB or Ticketmaster would want to get involved, but maybe both could send out an e-mail explaining what happened at the show. It'll be nothing more than the police are looking for your help.

I thought the same thing actually... it would be trivial (from a technical perspective) to grab the list of email addresses associated with ticket purchases for the Maryland Heights show. Not sure if there would be any legal "red tape" around sending an email en masse to everyone, though.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 17459367)
I thought the same thing actually... it would be trivial (from a technical perspective) to grab the list of email addresses associated with ticket purchases for the Maryland Heights show. Not sure if there would be any legal "red tape" around sending an email en masse to everyone, though.

I'm 90% sure this practice would be illegal.

prdstmnky36 05-29-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Way too many secondary market tickets, or those that switch hands. Youíd be sending a lot of emails to people not even in attendance.

K270 05-29-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17459387)
I'm 90% sure this practice would be illegal.

Is it illegal to look at the list to see what areas of the country the crowd came from? If not, look at the list then ask the media in those areas of the country to run the story and police are looking for witnesses.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K270 (Post 17459390)
Is it illegal to look at the list to see what areas of the country the crowd came from? If not, look at the list then ask the media in those areas of the country to run the story and police are looking for witnesses.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like they could technically get our personal info. Whether or not they can contact us directly.. that's questionable.

TicketMaster privacy policy

'We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.'

https://www.ticketmaster.com/h/privacy.html#share

RiotAct 05-29-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 17459389)
Way too many secondary market tickets, or those that switch hands. Youíd be sending a lot of emails to people not even in attendance.

that's true... but you'd also be reaching a lot of people who were at the show, and there's always the chance that someone who sold the tix to someone they know (or gave them as a gift) would see the email and ask the recipient "hey, did you see what happened after the show?"

Also, a Maryland Heights weekday show isn't exactly a hot destination, so I feel like the resale market for this one wasn't too good... but who knows.

YouNeverKnow25 05-29-2019 02:03 PM

why would sending someone an email ever be illegal, outside of spam

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 17459419)
why would sending someone an email ever be illegal, outside of spam

You're right, it can be a breach of contract, but not illegal.

YouNeverKnow25 05-29-2019 04:21 PM

and what contract would it be breaching? those terms of service you mentioned are in the case of ticketmaster sharing your email address with someone else...if they emailed you directly, there'd be no breach.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 17459558)
and what contract would it be breaching? those terms of service you mentioned are in the case of ticketmaster sharing your email address with someone else...if they emailed you directly, there'd be no breach.

We could go on and on about this. Requesting or obtaining personal information is different than requesting or obtaining personal information for purposes of contact/communication.

I have no idea what the deal is here with TM nor do I care.. but in general, you could theoretically breach a contract (maybe not the TM one) by obtaining personal information in order to contact someone (other than law enforcement,government etc)

YouNeverKnow25 05-29-2019 04:28 PM

you can't "obtain" what you already have. reaching out to people who attended an event that you put on in no way, shape, or form breaks any law or breaches any contract.

Bmwm3oz 05-29-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 17459563)
you can't "obtain" what you already have. reaching out to people who attended an event that you put on in no way, shape, or form breaks any law or breaches any contract.

:lol. Dude, Iím not gonna argue with you in this thread but you donít know what youíre talking about. Trust me. :).

If you want to pM and debate and debate this, fine. But not doing this here.

snake911 05-29-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop2d (Post 17459273)
I think we're all a bit different in that respect... I'd want to know if the guy was ok so I'd probably try to find out after.

That said... something like this, you would think it might reach a national news level. I mean, it's not every day that someone dies at a DMB show. Instead we have endless coverage on Mt. Everest, where, no shit, people died.

Some of this is probably due to spending most of my professional life in EMS, but I've helped a lot of people at concerts or at vehicle collisions while out driving and I've never tried to find out how they did afterwards. I help until the on duty pro's arrive and then I'm satisfied with my part.

Terrible situation on this one though and I'm surprised there isn't any security footage inside the venue. Maybe not of the actual event that happened, but of people going in and out of the area?

Cscottrun 05-29-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17459568)
:lol. Dude, I’m not gonna argue with you in this thread but you don’t know what you’re talking about. Trust me. :).

What's the difference between TM reaching out to people who bought tickets advising them of what happened and TM sending a thank you for attending email following the show (which they do/have done btw)?

Also, I skimmed that privacy policy provision you cited and that applies to TM sharing information with third parties, not TM contacting its customers directly.

Bmwm3oz 05-30-2019 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17459836)
What's the difference between TM reaching out to people who bought tickets advising them of what happened and TM sending a thank you for attending email following the show (which they do/have done btw)?

Also, I skimmed that privacy policy provision you cited and that applies to TM sharing information with third parties, not TM contacting its customers directly.

Contracts/policies define the reasons you may be contacted. In other words, TM may contact you using the personal info you provided when it comes to marketing/advertising, information regarding billing, ticket purchases etc. This doesnít give them a right to contact you and advise you to invest in their stock for example.

I know, I pointed that out. They may provide information by request to law enforcement but it didnít cover communication.

spinartist 05-31-2019 12:55 AM

New Details re: Fatal Incident at St. Louis Show

Jasen Smith, his wife Darcy, and two friends were seated in the Right/Center section of the Mezzanine, Row PP, seats 22-28 during the show. After the final encore (Ants) at approximately 10:45pm, they remained near their seats for 10 to 15 minutes before departing the seating area as a group. Just short of the venue exit, they realized a t-shirt was accidentally left back at the Row PP seats, and Jasen went to quickly retrieve it while Darcy remained near the venue exit. This was approximately 11:00pm. The incident that resulted in a fatal injury to Jasen would have occurred on the concrete walkway, at the bottom of the lawn and behind Row ZZ of the Right/Center section around 11:03pm, plus or minus 5 minutes.

It is not currently known if Jasen was still on his way to the PP seats when the incident occurred, or if he made it to the seats and was on his way back to Darcy (with or without the shirt is also unknown, as the shirt was never located) when it happened.

This additional information is provided to help you if you were at this show, to possibly recall any detail, no matter how small, that could prove useful to the effort to learn what happened. We are seeking any information at all, not just witnesses to the actual incident, but to anything even slightly out of the ordinary that you may have noticed during this time period. Possible examples: someone running. venue staff behaving aggressively or oddly. an argument, or angry voices that you heard but did not see. someone looking under seats in Row PP. anything that stood out as unusual.

Please PM if you need contact information to reach the investigator assigned to this case. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

photos of Jasen are at: https://www.millardfamilychapels.com/obituaries/Jasen-Smith/#!/PhotosVideos/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000/dc233e89-3cd9-445c-968c-640a17b50eff

YouNeverKnow25 05-31-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17459568)
:lol. Dude, Iím not gonna argue with you in this thread but you donít know what youíre talking about. Trust me. :).

is that right? in fact, I very much do know what I'm talking about ;)

spinartist 06-06-2019 11:52 PM

Re: New Details re: Fatal Incident at St. Louis Show

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinartist (Post 17460693)
Jasen Smith, his wife Darcy, and two friends were seated in the Right/Center section of the Mezzanine, Row PP, seats 22-28 during the show. After the final encore (Ants) at approximately 10:45pm, they remained near their seats for 10 to 15 minutes before departing the seating area as a group. Just short of the venue exit, they realized a t-shirt was accidentally left back at the Row PP seats, and Jasen went to quickly retrieve it while Darcy remained near the venue exit. This was approximately 11:00pm. The incident that resulted in a fatal injury to Jasen would have occurred on the concrete walkway, at the bottom of the lawn and behind Row ZZ of the Right/Center section around 11:03pm, plus or minus 5 minutes.

It is not currently known if Jasen was still on his way to the PP seats when the incident occurred, or if he made it to the seats and was on his way back to Darcy (with or without the shirt is also unknown, as the shirt was never located) when it happened.

This additional information is provided to help you if you were at this show, to possibly recall any detail, no matter how small, that could prove useful to the effort to learn what happened. We are seeking any information at all, not just witnesses to the actual incident, but to anything even slightly out of the ordinary that you may have noticed during this time period. Possible examples: someone running. venue staff behaving aggressively or oddly. an argument, or angry voices that you heard but did not see. someone looking under seats in Row PP. anything that stood out as unusual.

Please PM if you need contact information to reach the investigator assigned to this case. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

photos of Jasen are at: https://www.millardfamilychapels.com...c-640a17b50eff

UPDATE: This remains an active and ongoing investigation. Further refinement of the timeline suggests this incident most likely occurred while Jasen Smith was still attempting to return to his Row PP seats, sometime between 10:59 and 11:09pm. However, authorities are seeking observations and first hand accounts during ANY time period from those who were at this show, with special interest in any unusual, aggressive, or otherwise noticeable behavior from venue staff and/or security staff. Please call Detective Robinson at 314-486-7260. You may remain anonymous if you wish.

karczews41 06-14-2019 06:34 PM

Re: Suspicious Death at DMB show (STL); Looking for Witness (Updated 6/6)

The attorney for the family and I have been exchanging voice mails on this, I'm trying to get him steered toward this site/thread in case any developments can be made from people here that may have seen/know anything about this incident. I'll post more detail once I actually speak to him.

Sheik_Yerbutay 06-15-2019 05:24 PM

If they know the guys seat location the WH should be able to contact members adjacent to his location and get any info they may have. Just a thought

karczews41 06-16-2019 08:15 PM

Based on what I’ve been told it doesn’t appear that they’re looking for an attacker anymore, but that it’s an issue with the venue and possibly it’s staff creating a dangerous condition that could have caused this unfortunate event.

Cptn. Monkeyman 06-16-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karczews41 (Post 17473186)
Based on what Iíve been told it doesnít appear that theyíre looking for an attacker anymore, but that itís an issue with the venue and possibly itís staff creating a dangerous condition that could have caused this unfortunate event.

That idea was tossed around earlier. Possibly some equipment had fallen, or something was tripped over? Regardless, itís just such a shame.

ExistenceNow 06-16-2019 09:35 PM

What equipment is there hanging between the lawn and the seats that comes down between shows? That doesn't make sense to me.

Venue staff... that makes sense considering how some of those assholes are and considering he was trying make his way back into the seats afterward...

edit: But as to what the lawyer is looking for, it's someone to pay up. That's the venue. Even if he was attacked by a concert goer, they're clearly not finding the guy who did it so then the next step is the venue for letting it happen. Maybe security shouldn't have let him back in. Maybe security should have been watching better etc...

42km 06-16-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17473235)
What equipment is there hanging between the lawn and the seats that comes down between shows? That doesn't make sense to me.

Venue staff... that makes sense considering how some of those assholes are and considering he was trying make his way back into the seats afterward...

edit: But as to what the lawyer is looking for, it's someone to pay up. That's the venue. Even if he was attacked by a concert goer, they're clearly not finding the guy who did it so then the next step is the venue for letting it happen. Maybe security shouldn't have let him back in. Maybe security should have been watching better etc...

Equipment may not have been hanging. Could have been movement of security or concession equipment such as moving beer kegs or fencing on a Gator cart, or a Gator cart itself that was being driven across the venue between the pavilion seats and the lawns. Based on the limited reports I have seen, it would appear to have been caused by a significant blunt force to the skull, which seems to be beyond a punch. Real hard for a fan to bring in an object into the venue capable of causing such damage.

My heart goes out to the family.

prdstmnky36 06-16-2019 10:02 PM

I just dont see how something major, like a Gator running into someone, or a big piece of equipment hitting someone, could happen that close to the show ending and no one seeing it or being cooperative on site. Something just doesn't add up here.

ExistenceNow 06-16-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42km (Post 17473238)
Equipment may not have been hanging. Could have been movement of security or concession equipment such as moving beer kegs or fencing on a Gator cart, or a Gator cart itself that was being driven across the venue between the pavilion seats and the lawns. Based on the limited reports I have seen, it would appear to have been caused by a significant blunt force to the skull, which seems to be beyond a punch. Real hard for a fan to bring in an object into the venue capable of causing such damage.

My heart goes out to the family.

Gator cart I could see if it hit him and then he hit his head on the sidewalk, but I'd think he'd have a lot of bruising on the front indicating where it hit him. If the only real damage is on the back of his head, I'm not sure how a Gator could do that.

You can definitely kill someone with a punch. Sadly, I read about it happening here on 6th St a few times a year.

daveshookme 06-21-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17473235)

Doesn't necessarily have to be something that comes down between shows. Could be a permanent fixture.

ExistenceNow 06-21-2019 04:19 PM

So what's the theory? Something fell from the ceiling and killed him then security picked it up and hid it?

daveshookme 06-21-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17477928)
So what's the theory? Something fell from the ceiling and killed him then security picked it up and hid it?

Oh it still doesn't make much more sense, i've no idea.

no-sweat 06-21-2019 09:20 PM

No cameras at this place?

davem#36 06-24-2019 02:46 PM

This sucks.

crazy joe Devola 06-26-2019 11:13 AM

I'm struggling to understand how there is zero surveillance within the venue, combined with any cameras still rolling from stage possibly pointing in the direction of the stands, that has caught absolutely nothing of substance. How can it be such a massive venue doesn't have any security cameras rolling??

ExistenceNow 06-26-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy joe Devola (Post 17481377)
I'm struggling to understand how there is zero surveillance within the venue, combined with any cameras still rolling from stage possibly pointing in the direction of the stands, that has caught absolutely nothing of substance. How can it be such a massive venue doesn't have any security cameras rolling??

Is it normal to have cameras in that area of venues? I'd assume if they have any, they'd be at entrances and maybe in the concourse where money is changing hands.

zburch 06-26-2019 04:04 PM

I was at this venue again last night and I can tell you that I saw no cameras anywhere on the pavilion. There may be some up by the stage, but nothing that would cover that pathway where he was found.

Bmwm3oz 06-26-2019 07:23 PM

Interesting that an unsolved case, potentially murder, has not led to the venue installing cameras.

ExistenceNow 06-27-2019 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17481926)
Interesting that an unsolved case, potentially murder, has not led to the venue installing cameras.

I don't mean to be unnecessarily callous, but this poor man's death hasn't cost them anything yet so they don't really have any reason to shell out a bunch of money for cameras.

Now, if they end up having to pay a large settlement to the family, perhaps they will decide to, or perhaps their insurance company will force them to.

Bmwm3oz 06-27-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17482233)
I don't mean to be unnecessarily callous, but this poor man's death hasn't cost them anything yet so they don't really have any reason to shell out a bunch of money for cameras.

Now, if they end up having to pay a large settlement to the family, perhaps they will decide to, or perhaps their insurance company will force them to.

That's because they managed to slip by the bad PR.

If the national news wasn't busy bashing Trump/democrats etc, and the local news wasn't busy talking about how it's 55 degrees in one neighborhood, and 57F down the road from there, and someone's dog was found and returned to it's owner, the word could have been more widespread and 'some' people would avoid a venue where something like this has happened with no resolution, lack of security, cameras, etc.

If it were to happen again soon, they'll make changes because people will avoid the venue and finally impact their bottom line.

It reminds me, when I used to live in Wallingford/Green Lake (Seattle), there were accidents and collisions with pedestrians at least once a month at this awkward intersection outside my window. I called the city about it and they said, until a quota is met (say 5 accidents/deaths/injuries in one month) they will not make any changes.

It's kinda crazy to think about how X amount of people have to die before changes happen.

RiotAct 07-17-2019 11:24 PM

any updates at all on this?

spinartist 08-02-2019 11:51 PM

This remains an active and ongoing investigation, no additional update beyond that.

swordo84 08-22-2019 03:14 PM

Any progress/updates on the investigation?

dmbkc 01-15-2020 02:50 PM

Was at that show and did not witness anything. Forgot about this happening. So sad.

Cobo 07-22-2020 06:15 PM

So how long does this thread need to have a sticky? I don't think the sleuths at AM.org are figuring this one out.

42km 07-23-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobo (Post 17754784)
So how long does this thread need to have a sticky? I don't think the sleuths at AM.org are figuring this one out.

Whats the downside of keeping it as a sticky?

haiku.warrior 07-23-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42km (Post 17755843)
Whats the downside of keeping it as a sticky?

Yeah, as many people as possible need to know about this.. It's tragic we haven't found any more leads

Crash1983 09-30-2020 12:26 PM

Here is an update I just read

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...BsDfpHssmdmW6w

cry_minarets458 09-30-2020 01:14 PM

thanks for teh update

dontdrink36 09-30-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 17795372)

Such a tragic and crazy way to die.

dmb41er 09-30-2020 07:56 PM

Honestly, it brought me peace to know it was not an act of violence. Still tragic.

willndmb 09-30-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17795531)
Such a tragic and crazy way to die.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb41er (Post 17795716)
Honestly, it brought me peace to know it was not an act of violence. Still tragic.

Yes, but also makes me wonder if he might have lived if staff reported it when it happened.
As an accident there prob wouldnít be the need for a lawsuit or potential jail time

coldengrey12 09-30-2020 09:40 PM

Glad to have some answers here. Still sad, though.

Cryfreedom09 10-01-2020 08:01 AM

Wow. How sad.

dontdrink36 10-01-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17795787)
Yes, but also makes me wonder if he might have lived if staff reported it when it happened.
As an accident there prob wouldn’t be the need for a lawsuit or potential jail time

True, but we live in a litigious society. A lawsuit would have been filed regardless. The facts of the case and the possible negligence by the staff will impact the outcome of the suit.

aeroshady 10-01-2020 09:43 AM

Horrible story that reminds you how fragile life is and how just a simple careless act could end someone's story. Very sad.

grilldanmo 10-01-2020 11:05 AM

Still so tragic, twin boys w/o a father, wife loses her husband...my wife was worried for her, still is...

RSSR 07-22-2021 04:26 PM

Yeah, me too in that it comforts me finding out it wasn't an act of violence.

C.S. 07-22-2021 08:46 PM

I figured it was something like this; the human body is at once so resilient, but also so vulnerable to freak shit like this. I feel for the family as I can only imagine something like this happening to me at a concert and the aftermath my loved ones would have to endure. RIP Jasen.