Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-12-2016 08:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

It's worth noting that the 2016 Capitals are markedly different than the 2010 Capitals

unccrombie 04-12-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16369139)
It's worth noting that the 2016 Capitals are markedly different than the 2010 Capitals

noted.
but they're still a DC sports team.

wampa3 04-12-2016 08:26 AM

One more day...

~Crashintome89~ 04-12-2016 08:34 AM

Flyers gonna be so lit on Thursday. It's not even funny. If I'm the Caps and I'm not terrified, there's something very wrong.

barbogast 04-12-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16369141)
noted.
but they're still a DC sports team.

Yep. It's the worst.

fonzz41 04-12-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16369048)

Brian Murray: "Nancy, get me Claude Julien on the phone!"

aeroshady 04-12-2016 08:38 AM

Who I want to win the cup: I am sure this will change as the playoffs role on.

Rangers

Panthers

Caps
Preds

Wings
Hawks

Blues
Sharks

Wild
Pens

Stars

Ducks
Kings

Flyers

Icelanders

Lightning

unccrombie 04-12-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16369184)
Yep. It's the worst.

not sure if having false hope (DC) or no hope (Buffalo) is the worst

barbogast 04-12-2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16369174)
Flyers gonna be so lit on Thursday. It's not even funny. If I'm the Caps and I'm not terrified, there's something very wrong.

I dunno man, Flyers have something to be worried about too. I know, they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs and house money and RIP Snider and all that but there's no denying the Caps are the better, deeper team. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that they completely dominate the Flyers.

Dramageek 04-12-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 16369148)
One more day...

:lol Love the avatar! I know it's been 24 years and the Pens won the hell out of those playoffs, but still, fuck Adam Graves.

aeroshady 04-12-2016 08:49 AM

Yeah, I think people are being to hard on the Caps. They are still the favorite in the east in my opinion. Keep in mind, they have been playing meaningless games for about a month. Just watch them when it is time to play for real.

cpxc. 04-12-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 16369148)
One more day...

:thumbsup:thumbsup

you win for best avatar

aeroshady 04-12-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16369224)
:lol Love the avatar! I know it's been 24 years and the Pens won the hell out of those playoffs, but still, fuck Adam Graves.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...mSlide=1.72024

hailtopitt 04-12-2016 09:33 AM

#GarageLeague

JRS1386 04-12-2016 09:38 AM

So is there a way to catch games online after they aired? I'll most likely be working during every game

aeroshady 04-12-2016 10:08 AM

Man, TSN and other new sources are pretty much destroying the Rangers going into these playoffs. They have been completely written off. I share doubt, but it is still surprising that they are being so underdog'ed considering they have been to the east finals three of the last 4 years. I mean TSN has Hank ranked 13th out of the playoff goalies.....

Everyone ignoring the Rangers and assuming the Pens are going to role over them may make the Rangers a sleeping giant. Hard to believe we are considered such an underrated underdog after the past 4 years in the playoffs.

unccrombie 04-12-2016 10:11 AM

we've played like dogshit the past couple weeks and Pens are like almost undefeated
yeah, real hard to believe...

Lcsulla 04-12-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16369209)
I dunno man, Flyers have something to be worried about too. I know, they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs and house money and RIP Snider and all that but there's no denying the Caps are the better, deeper team. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that they completely dominate the Flyers.

Absolutely, will be a good series but the Caps are just a better team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16369231)
Yeah, I think people are being to hard on the Caps. They are still the favorite in the east in my opinion. Keep in mind, they have been playing meaningless games for about a month. Just watch them when it is time to play for real.

This.

Dramageek 04-12-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16369352)

:lol Touche. Seriously, though. Fuck that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvxQcnZy2Y

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16369459)
Man, TSN and other new sources are pretty much destroying the Rangers going into these playoffs. They have been completely written off. I share doubt, but it is still surprising that they are being so underdog'ed considering they have been to the east finals three of the last 4 years. I mean TSN has Hank ranked 13th out of the playoff goalies.....

Everyone ignoring the Rangers and assuming the Pens are going to role over them may make the Rangers a sleeping giant. Hard to believe we are considered such an underrated underdog after the past 4 years in the playoffs.

This is understandable given the way the teams have been trending. The Pens are on a tear, and the Rags have been slumping. And while the Rags have gone deep in the playoffs the last several seasons, Hank hasn't been able to close the deal. But if he plays like a king, that could frustrate the Pens juggernaut-like offense.

That said, the Pens shouldn't sleep on them (they won't.) But unlike last year, the Pens should be able to score more than one goal per game.

Lcsulla 04-12-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16369365)
So is there a way to catch games online after they aired? I'll most likely be working during every game

I think you would have to wait 48 hours to watch the game online due to blackout restrictions on nationally televised games. You can probably find some site that will illegally stream it live to your phone or tabloid though, may want to look into that.

Lcsulla 04-12-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16369459)

Yeah, I am not sure why all the so called experts are counting the Rangers out of that series. How about we wait until a few games have been played before making any giant predictions. That is going to be a brutal, nail biting 6 or 7 game series IMO.

~Crashintome89~ 04-12-2016 10:26 AM

There have been plenty of 'better' teams that have lost playoff series.

FYI.

~Crashintome89~ 04-12-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16369365)

best bet is probably youtube, but it depends how much time you're referring to after the game.

lockman21 04-12-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16369193)
Who I want to win the cup: I am sure this will change as the playoffs role on.

Rangers

Panthers

Caps
Preds

Wings
Hawks

Blues
Sharks

Wild
Pens

Stars

Ducks
Kings

Flyers

Icelanders

Lightning

Who I want to win the Cup, pretty sure this will not change:

Hawks

fuck everyone else

TMoore4075 04-12-2016 10:52 AM

Can we just fast forward to tomorrow night? I just want playoff hockey to start. First round is the most fun with so many games on each night and not knowing who might win.

fonzz41 04-12-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16369581)
Can we just fast forward to tomorrow night? I just want playoff hockey to start. First round is the most fun with so many games on each night and not knowing who might win.

YES. I love the first round just for the immense amount of hockey we get every night.

TMoore4075 04-12-2016 11:18 AM

I remember 2002 in my dorm flipping between the Wings local broadcast, a game on espn and a game on espn 2. If the Wings wouldn't have been playing the Canucks, would have had a game on CBC as well.

Dramageek 04-12-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

I am looking so forward to watching hockey all night into the wee hours tomorrow!

Lcsulla 04-12-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16369505)
Who I want to win the Cup, pretty sure this will not change:

Hawks

fuck everyone else

Agreed, though if the Hawks somehow fall I can cheer on the Rangers if they are still in the playoffs. I have no problems with the Rangers and geographically they play quite close to me.

Quote:

Yeah, first round is always great and you end up with some exciting games, unlikely hero's, upsets, lot of OT, etc, etc! Can't wait!

JRS1386 04-12-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16369500)
best bet is probably youtube, but it depends how much time you're referring to after the game.

Well I want to try and avoid finding out the score until I watch the game, so I work til 11 on Thursday so pretty much right away :lol