Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 07-21-2017 12:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Just dropping by to inform everyone that Matt Duchene is still a member of the Avalanche.

~Crashintome89~ 07-22-2017 01:50 PM

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/888860592425111552

for you guys.

Alazais 07-24-2017 06:35 AM

Some of the Toronto Hockey Bloggers are suggesting Matta is making a move to Toronto for either Bozak or JVR.

bradshaw06 07-24-2017 08:54 AM

4.1 for 6 years is a lot for domoulin, now to get sheary and that 3c

salrx95 07-25-2017 06:20 PM

Ok Philly fans and those familiar with the city.

I am bringing my clan to town for 3 days next week as part of a vacation to tour the city and do all the sightseeing stuff as well as the zoo, aquarium.

We are staying downtown near most of it and will walk most of the time and bought that Philadelphia pass.

Jims steaks are nearby but do we need to find Geno's. Is there someone else. Any must other eats , bakery, ice cream, things to must do I should look at. There is a Dave & Busters nearby so I guess we would go there one night.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I'll leave my islanders and yankee gear home. Lol

swordo84 07-26-2017 04:50 AM

The Blue Jays blow - is it hockey season yet?!

~Crashintome89~ 07-26-2017 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16844075)

I am bringing my clan to town for 3 days next week as part of a vacation to tour the city and do all the sightseeing stuff as well as the zoo, aquarium.

We are staying downtown near most of it and will walk most of the time and bought that Philadelphia pass.

Jims steaks are nearby but do we need to find Geno's. Is there someone else. Any must other eats , bakery, ice cream, things to must do I should look at. There is a Dave & Busters nearby so I guess we would go there one night.

Do not go to Geno's because they are racist and their cheesesteaks suck.

Definitely do Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, and the Second Bank. You can do the Betsy Ross House, but it's not her house and there is no hard evidence that she created the first American flag.

You can wear all the Islanders gear that you want because no one cares about the Islanders in Philly. At best, you might get a few Leon Stickle jokes.

JRS1386 07-26-2017 05:08 AM

Genos is terrible. I would recommend the Franklin Institute from what hasn't been mentioned yet.

rickyh24 07-26-2017 06:40 AM

The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

If you can't get to delassandros you might as well not even bother with a cheesesteak.

Go to reading terminal market to eat.

TheLastPig 07-26-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16842688)
4.1 for 6 years is a lot for domoulin, now to get sheary and that 3c

I like the deal alot. It will look like a steal in a couple years.

barbogast 07-26-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16844304)
If you can't get to delassandros you might as well not even bother with a cheesesteak.

One time a long time ago, I followed this advice, pretty sure from this same poster. It is one piece of advice I am glad I followed. Sal, you should follow it too.

Also, one of the times I was in Philly I did the Big Bus thing around town and it was a super cool way to see all the cool stuff in the city. Plus I was on top of a double decker bus, which was dope.

Roose13 07-26-2017 10:18 AM

Geno's is fucking disgusting. So is Pat's. Fuck both of those places.

barbogast 07-26-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16844697)
Geno's is fucking disgusting. So is Pat's. Fuck both of those places.

I've never been to either, but is this really true or is this just a thing the locals say because they are such a tourist traps? I'm sure that everyone's favorite "hidden" spot really is better, but are the two famous ones really THAT bad?

JRS1386 07-26-2017 11:01 AM

I have no problem with Pat's. Geno's blows.

~Crashintome89~ 07-26-2017 11:16 AM

They both blow and Rocky sucks.

bradshaw06 07-27-2017 10:01 AM

Theres a place by me called yellow submarine that is awesome. Everytime i go to philly i make a joke i want to eat at 'talk of the town'.

cpxc. 07-27-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16844304)

Go to reading terminal market to eat.

word :thumbsup

also DeNics roast pork sandwich

TheLastPig 07-27-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16845862)
word :thumbsup

also DeNics roast pork sandwich

this is one of my most wanted foods in the world. Need to get to philly to eat one.

cpxc. 07-27-2017 10:20 AM

http://ot-foodspotting-production.s3...jpg?1348340252

nom nom nom

bradshaw06 07-27-2017 10:21 AM

Wife used to live near from the dinics in jersey, and down the street from Carmen's. Lotta good eatin.

kev87lads 07-27-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16844075)

Agree with a lot that has been said. Dalessandro's is very good but it's not going to be convenient for you per se'. I personally like Jim's as well.

Reading Terminal Market is a must for a lunch or dinner stop. So many choices and a lot of it is really good.

Not sure if you have a Dave & Buster's up there but it's really not that exciting. But can be good, family fun if you want to just chill and game and eat whatever. I wouldn't go there just for food.

Franklin Institute is cool. Can be pricey though.

You don't HAVE to go to Pat's or Geno's......

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16844722)
I've never been to either, but is this really true or is this just a thing the locals say because they are such a tourist traps? I'm sure that everyone's favorite "hidden" spot really is better, but are the two famous ones really THAT bad?

......... Locals will bash these two. They are no doubt tourist traps. But the food isn't THAT bad as you put it. It's fine. It is what it is. There are better spots (Referenced above and Ishkabibbles on South is good too). But it's not like this food completely tastes terrible. It's a cheesesteak. It's not filet mignon....

salrx95 07-27-2017 05:28 PM

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Will look up this Dalessandros. I've only heard of Geno's and Jims is advertised in the philly pass and close to where we will be.

Franklin institute is on the list of must see.

I bought the 3 day pass so we get into everything for free with the pass. Was around $340 for the 4 of us. Easily worth it.

aeroshady 07-28-2017 05:11 AM

Finally back in the USA! Rangers still need a center I see. Still like where they are at though!

~Crashintome89~ 07-28-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16846117)
Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Will look up this Dalessandros. I've only heard of Geno's and Jims is advertised in the philly pass and close to where we will be.

Franklin institute is on the list of must see.

I bought the 3 day pass so we get into everything for free with the pass. Was around $340 for the 4 of us. Easily worth it.

Sucks I'll be in New Orleans next week, or else I'd definitely hit you guys up with a tour of the place where I work at. It's a part of the City Pass.

salrx95 07-29-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16847042)
Sucks I'll be in New Orleans next week, or else I'd definitely hit you guys up with a tour of the place where I work at. It's a part of the City Pass.

Thanks man. Very kind.

Both my boys are big NFL fans and part of the city pass is a tour of the Lincoln Financial Field. I told them, I know it's the Eagles but still an NFL field. Probably be cool. They wanted no part and I wasn't gonna push for it since my wife definitely wanted no part.

salrx95 07-30-2017 05:45 PM

Thanks for the recommendation on Dalessandro as it did not disappoint. No parking so I dropped wife at corner and double parked. She said it was crazy busy inside and likened to the experience of the soup nazi Seinfeld episode.

jrkarger 08-01-2017 06:19 AM

this brought the :lol

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201707310168

TheLastPig 08-01-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16848693)

I knew Bittner in HS, he graduated the year after me. Kid is an insufferable weirdo who will never admit he's wrong, especially about the pirates or Penn St.

jrkarger 08-01-2017 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16848708)
I knew Bittner in HS, he graduated the year after me. Kid is an insufferable weirdo who will never admit he's wrong, especially about the pirates or Penn St.

:lol

I was laughing more at the Pens and Knights twitter beef. I didn't even pay attention to the article. It was a place I found that had the tweets since I can't access twitter at work.

But, yeah the article comes across way too snarky.

...and zero effes given about the Pirates or Penn St. Is Bittner a shill for them?

TheLastPig 08-01-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16848717)
:lol

I was laughing more at the Pens and Knights twitter beef. I didn't even pay attention to the article. It was a place I found that had the tweets since I can't access twitter at work.

But, yeah the article comes across way too snarky.

...and zero effes given about the Pirates or Penn St. Is Bittner a shill for them?

Lol yeah I figured, but yeah his snarkiness in that article is what prompted me to say that. Thats how he is on twitter too.

But yeah he's definitely a Pirates shill, because hes been an insane fan his whole life... he wrote for the paper at PSU and while he isnt a joepa defender, hes one of those people thats kind of always in the middle of it and wont fully admit what happened. He gets real defensive about the nittany lions.

With that said, I didnt really get the reason for LV specifying out Pens fans lol.