Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 03-18-2015 07:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15874176)
Little Caesar's was my go-to meal back in college.

Even now with the family, if Mrs. Fonzz calls me when I'm driving home from work and informs me that she will not be cooking that evening as it might mean she ends up cooking one or more of our children, I hit up the LC and save the day.

Smart. All about that value. Can't be beaten. Pizza is reasonable enough to consume and enjoy. Price is elite.

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 08:02 PM

Thanks for supporting my Wings Matty. But no LC for me.

lockman21 03-18-2015 10:28 PM

Hawks/Rangers SCF would have a total of 7 goals scored in 7 games.

lockman21 03-18-2015 11:15 PM

Richards! That had to feel good for him.

lockman21 03-18-2015 11:39 PM

There's that 1-0 game I was talking about.

Sorry Rags fans, I like you guys again.

unccrombie 03-19-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15874846)
There's that 1-0 game I was talking about.

Sorry Rags fans, I like you guys again.

felt like a fairly even game. unhappy with the result but both teams had chances to take 2 goal leads. also, really not thrilled on that quick whistle to disallow out goal in the 1st.

dmbetc 03-19-2015 12:28 AM

Brown makes a perfect hit on Perry. Gets attacked, doesn't react. Gets a roughing penalty. Kings still go on PP, score seconds later.

Felt good, fuck the Ducks.

http://sportglobalnews.blogspot.com/...perry.html?m=1

dmbetc 03-19-2015 03:40 AM

:lol poor Panthers

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=100527

aeroshady 03-19-2015 09:10 AM

Rangers had a goal disallowed in the first because of a dumb ref. Other than that I missed the last two periods because I was curling lol. I sometimes feel like hockey has a script writer because it always seems like the guy who left the team comes back and scores against them.

Also weird low scoring game without either team's top goalies in.

unccrombie 03-19-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15875241)
Rangers had a goal disallowed in the first because of a dumb ref. Other than that I missed the last two periods because I was curling lol. I sometimes feel like hockey has a script writer because it always seems like the guy who left the team comes back and scores against them.

i said to my room mate last night that Cam is currently our #1 and should start the playoff series.

TMoore4075 03-19-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15875254)
i said to my room mate last night that Cam is currently our #1 and should start the playoff series.

At this stage of the season, you have to wonder. I mean Howard has struggled since coming back, will Henrik too? That's a long time to be out and to come right back and be expected to basically start a playoff series within a few weeks.

lockman21 03-19-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15875241)

Two of the best defensive teams in the league. Classic hockey strategy, if the team up front is defensively great, the guy between the pipes doesn't necessarily have to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15875254)

OK, let's not get crazy. Cam has done a commendable job, but that'd be like Teuvo scoring a couple goals over the next couple weeks for the Hawks, and Hawks fans saying that Kaner should just sit because of how well Teuvo is playing.

When you have one of the best in the world, you play him. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15875257)
At this stage of the season, you have to wonder. I mean Howard has struggled since coming back, will Henrik too? That's a long time to be out and to come right back and be expected to basically start a playoff series within a few weeks.

Which is exactly why playing him now is smart. Get him back in the groove. Crawford was fuckin' awful his first couple games after returning from injury. But he's hit his stride and has regained form lately. Let those guys see the puck a little before playoff time. They're some of the best in the league, they'll be fine.

Don't get all loco on me, guys.

unccrombie 03-19-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15875353)
Which is exactly why playing him now is smart. Get him back in the groove. Crawford was fuckin' awful his first couple games after returning from injury. But he's hit his stride and has regained form lately. Let those guys see the puck a little before playoff time. They're some of the best in the league, they'll be fine.

henrik said it'll be at least another week of practicing before he's ready. Probably aiming for the 26th @ OTT. Then we have Boston and the Caps.

Tough stretch to come back on.

barbogast 03-19-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15875358)
henrik said it'll be at least another week of practicing before he's ready. Probably aiming for the 26th @ OTT. Then we have Boston and the Caps.

Tough stretch to come back on.

Makes sense to bring him back for it then, IMO. Bruins or Caps are two very likely first round opponents for the Rags, so put him in there and let him shake off the rust now before actual real playoffs start. Having those three teams be his first the back seems almost like a blessing. He'll go against a desperately hungry Senators team and then likely his first round opponent plus the other wild card team. Best way to get back in the swing is to just dive right in.

fonzz41 03-19-2015 11:59 AM

For Chris and all our other beer leaguers: http://blog.purehockey.com/beer-leag....b7wBDWTB.gbpl

fonzz41 03-19-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15875353)
OK, let's not get crazy. Cam has done a commendable job, but that'd be like Teuvo scoring a couple goals over the next couple weeks for the Hawks, and Hawks fans saying that Kaner should just sit because of how well Teuvo is playing.

When you have one of the best in the world, you play him. Period.

Agreed. Hank is the starter. Part of every starter's confidence is KNOWING they're the starter, and seeing a lot of pucks. Get that going with Hank as soon as he gets back.

And hey, if he falters, you take complete comfort in knowing there's a GREAT #2 sitting on the bench.

salrx95 03-19-2015 02:06 PM

Never tried a Little Caesar's pizza. Feel like I haven't had a chain pizza in like 15 years.

Happy Isles are getting some time off so they heal, get some practice in and regroup.

salrx95 03-19-2015 09:43 PM

Capgeek founder dies of cancer. RIP.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/131...ies-of-cancer/

JRS1386 03-19-2015 10:20 PM

Dreadful news. :(

aeroshady 03-19-2015 11:17 PM

Bruins may miss the playoffs...

Edit: also, RIP. Never used his site, but it seemed pretty amazing. He also looks really young.

barbogast 03-19-2015 11:38 PM

Great win tonight. Lotta heart shown. Go Stars, beat the Pens please

TMoore4075 03-20-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15876823)
Capgeek founder dies of cancer. RIP.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/131...ies-of-cancer/

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15876869)
Dreadful news. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15876954)
Bruins may miss the playoffs...

Edit: also, RIP. Never used his site, but it seemed pretty amazing. He also looks really young.

He does look pretty young. That's terrible. Fuck cancer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15876981)
Great win tonight. Lotta heart shown. Go Stars, beat the Pens please

Thanks Sens. As my Wings can't beat the fucking FLA Panthers, I needed that.

~Crashintome89~ 03-20-2015 12:00 PM

I'm really torn between rooting for the Sens or the Panthers for that eighth seed. Andrew Hammond is a great story, but I would love to see the Panthers and Jagr in there.

Anyone but the Bruins.

TMoore4075 03-20-2015 12:04 PM

I think the Bruins get in but I'd go rather see the Sens than the Panthers. At least they'd be butts in the seats. They are still challenging for a playoff spot and was only 60% full last night, and there quite a few Wings fans there. With all their issues, I don't expect a sellout, but better than 60% with help from the road team's fans.

~Crashintome89~ 03-20-2015 12:08 PM

The only way they're going to get people in the building is to win. You can't say hockey doesn't work in Florida when Tampa seems to be doing okay.

fonzz41 03-20-2015 12:13 PM

So is Jagr just kind of on a farewell tour of the NHL? Trying to get on as many teams as he can? He doesn't seem too interested in playing for a contender or anything like that... just like he wants to make the rounds, play in some different cities, etc. Nothing wrong with that, BTW.

rickyh24 03-20-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15877417)
The only way they're going to get people in the building is to win. You can't say hockey doesn't work in Florida when Tampa seems to be doing okay.

I would make the argument that pro sports in general do not work in Florida. Not just the nhl.

~Crashintome89~ 03-20-2015 12:20 PM

I think he signed with the Devils because of the money and ice time. I don't think he had any control over the trade to Florida. But if he did, I think his reasoning was that he'd have a shot at the playoffs and also have a chance to play some major minutes on a relatively young team. Nowadays, I think Jagr relishes the opportunity to mentor the young guys. It really started with his time with the Flyers, helping Giroux, Voracek, Hartnell, and JVR.

Jagr has certainly matured in the past couple of years. I think his time in Russia opened his eyes to a lot of things he took for granted in the NHL. Certainly the death of Alexei Cherpanov probably also played a part in it too. I have no doubt that he'll be back next year somewhere, and still putting up points. The best thing that happened for him was all of this analytic stuff, including puck possession, which he still dominates in. It's really resurrected his career.

rickyh24 03-20-2015 12:20 PM

Bruins are awful. Biggest game of the year last night and they give up 6 goals. They don't deserve that 8th spot.

rickyh24 03-20-2015 12:21 PM

Not as bad as flyers though. Got that going for them.