Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 03-25-2014 05:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216516)
you might be right....

it really sucks because i love disco dan, but his unwillingness to make adjustments is going to kill this team, and his job, sooner than later

i love his system philosophies, i love his demeanor, and i love how he handles the media...but his grip on the team has been slowly slipping

he just refuses to change anything, even if it isnt working. i keep going back to this but, why take iginla off the pp last year when it was going so well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216517)
not this time, it's been too long



truth

i'd love to draw a matchup with the caps :lol

i hope you're right.

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:13 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216519)
I hope Babcock doesn't get bored and want to go somewhere like the Pens and coach Sid. Although if Bylsma gets fired this year it won't happen, since Babs has a contract through next season. After Trotz is there any active coach who has been with a team longer than Babs?

i don't see babs coming to pittsburgh any time soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15216521)
that'd be cool if the pens fired bylsma and he came to CBJ as an assistant coach under Richards like the old days.

:lol christ

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15216523)
he just refuses to change anything, even if it isnt working. i keep going back to this but, why take iginla off the pp last year when it was going so well?



i hope you're right.

yea i hear ya

you could look at the entire boston series from last year too

it's literally insanity, they came into every game with the same approach but expected different results, so frustrating

bradshaw06 03-25-2014 05:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
They just had no puck luck... Didnt get to their game, and ran into a hot goalie. /bylsmatalk.

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 05:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216527)
i don't see babs coming to pittsburgh any time soon

Just something I had been thinking about ever since the Olympics. I always thought he was a great coach, but the job he did last year with all the changes was amazing and this year he's doing an even better job. I want him here forever.

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 05:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15216534)
They just had no puck luck... Didnt get to their game, and ran into a hot goalie. /bylsmatalk.

Hey he made a change....when Fleury gave the Isles game 4....

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15216534)
They just had no puck luck... Didnt get to their game, and ran into a hot goalie. /bylsmatalk.

:lol between bylsma and tomlin, i've never heard so much bullshit in my life

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216536)
Just something I had been thinking about ever since the Olympics. I always thought he was a great coach, but the job he did last year with all the changes was amazing and this year he's doing an even better job. I want him here forever.

absolutely, how could you not love babs behind your bench? guy IS hockey

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:17 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216539)
Hey he made a change....when Fleury gave the Isles game 4....

that was an easy change to make though...

Rebecca De Mornay 03-25-2014 05:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216541)
:lol between bylsma and tomlin, i've never heard so much bullshit in my life

do you realize in these two sports I haven't seen a team I root for win a playoff game since 1995?

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 05:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216543)
that was an easy change to make though...

It was, but I also questioned if they were gonna go back to him in game 5 at the time.

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15216546)
do you realize in these two sports I haven't seen a team I root for win a playoff game since 1995?

:lol i know i know, i try to curtail comments like this considering my teams have been successful compared to the test of the country]

dudes gotta vent every now and then ya know?

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216547)
It was, but I also questioned if they were gonna go back to him in game 5 at the time.

anyone else but vokoun and i bet they would have

Rebecca De Mornay 03-25-2014 05:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216551)
:lol i know i know, i try to curtail comments like this considering my teams have been successful compared to the test of the country]

dudes gotta vent every now and then ya know?

you have no idea...

you've seen a cup and a super bowl in the past 5 years? Two basically in the same year right?

I'm living and dying on just making a playoff appearance.

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 05:23 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15216551)
:lol i know i know, i try to curtail comments like this considering my teams have been successful compared to the test of the country]

dudes gotta vent every now and then ya know?

Expectations change. When you suck for a long time just getting into the playoffs or a series victory is monumental. Once you have success you want to keep it.

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:23 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15216555)
you have no idea...

you've seen a cup and a super bowl in the past 5 years? Two basically in the same year right?

I'm living and dying on just making a playoff appearance.

believe me, i know

being a pirates and penguins fan in the late 90's/early 2000's was about as painful as it gets bud

hailtopitt 03-25-2014 05:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216557)
Expectations change. When you suck for a long time just getting into the playoffs or a series victory is monumental. Once you have success you want to keep it.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 05:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Alright, go Wings and suck it Jackets!

lockman21 03-25-2014 05:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Wow, this is a massive, massive game.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-25-2014 05:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15216580)
Alright, go Wings and suck it Jackets!

:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15216599)
Wow, this is a massive, massive game.

played in front of 14,000 fans.
im starting to get excited, always a bad sign.

edit: i guess i just assumed you were talking about wings/jackets, you're probably not.

barbogast 03-25-2014 05:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Again, just please don't go to OT guys

lockman21 03-25-2014 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15216612)
edit: i guess i just assumed you were talking about wings/jackets, you're probably not.

I absolutely am. Huge game. I hope the turnout is better than that.

I'm rooting for a Jackets OT win. 3 point game to really fuck over Toronto and Washington. I want the wild cards to go to Columbus and Detroit.

lockman21 03-25-2014 06:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15216620)
Again, just please don't go to OT guys

:lol Sorry.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-25-2014 06:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I think the jackets will come out swining tonight, we'll see if they can keep that intensity and play good enough defense to get 2 points. My honest opinion is they're just out of gas, I see Detroit winning this game 3 or 4 to 1.

Looks like Nikitin is the healthy scratch for CBJ tonight, Nick Schultz takes his place.

barbogast 03-25-2014 06:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15216646)
:lol Sorry.

:lol it's cool. Lots of Wings and Jackets love in here and I'm fine with that

Been trying real hard to bring some credibility to Caps fans in here, Ovie's just so damn hatable :lol

barbogast 03-25-2014 06:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I think for my personal selfishness I'm picking the Wings tonight, but the only thing that really hurts is obviously someone getting a loser point

lockman21 03-25-2014 06:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15216657)
:lol it's cool. Lots of Wings and Jackets love in here and I'm fine with that

Been trying real hard to bring some credibility to Caps fans in here, Ovie's just so damn hatable :lol

Aside from Troy Brouwer, there's no one on that team that I like :lol

Alazais 03-25-2014 06:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
No one is allowed to complain about the team they cheer for. My team is the Leafs... Nuff' said.

lockman21 03-25-2014 07:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15216686)
No one is allowed to complain about the team they cheer for. My team is the Leafs... Nuff' said.

https://twitter.com/DavidAmber/statu...75618254929921

TMoore4075 03-25-2014 07:12 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15216686)
No one is allowed to complain about the team they cheer for. My team is the Leafs... Nuff' said.

Five in a row!

I only want Wings/Jackets to go to OT if Wings have to lose. Otherwise I want a Wings win in regulation. I'm selfish like that.

Brohan_Santana 03-25-2014 07:29 PM

Huge game for the caps tonight. Hopefully they can keep the west coast momentum rolling. I'll be willing the Caps to a win from the stands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbogast 03-25-2014 07:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15216673)
Aside from Troy Brouwer, there's no one on that team that I like :lol

I dunno...I'd say there's a handful or so of really like able players. Backstrom, Chimera, Ward, Alzner, Carlson...there's a handful of legit likeable guys that actually do pretty well for us


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.