Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 06-26-2021 02:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17977062)
I genuinely don't know who to go with here

The team who just won the Cup? Or the team that has won the most Cups?

Also, regarding the Habs, wow have they really upped their game since they came back to win that Toronto series. They were the lowest seed and convincingly knocked off two teams after that - teams every expert expected them to lose to. Price, their D and their PK are really clicking and they have a knack for big goals at the right time. They are just playing great as a team and they have momentum going plus a belief in themselves. Bolts cannot take them lightly by any means (though they are the better team on paper) because so far they have beaten the odds with hard work and Price being locked in and that has them on a roll against damn good teams.

Antiramie 06-26-2021 02:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17977066)
Also, regarding the Habs, wow have they really upped their game since they came back to win that Toronto series. They were the lowest seed and convincingly knocked off two teams after that - teams every expert expected them to lose to. Price, their D and their PK are really clicking and they have a knack for big goals at the right time. They are just playing great as a team and they have momentum going plus a belief in themselves. Bolts cannot take them lightly by any means (though they are the better team on paper) because so far they have beaten the odds with hard work and Price being locked in and that has them on a roll against damn good teams.

I have a lot of respect for the Habs team, how they play, and them being scorching hot underdogs.

What scares me the most is their speed. We definitely have some slower players that may get exposed. I think the Habs PK might get exposed by our PP though. I think it was more Vegas PP being awful than Habs PK being great, but we'll find out.

We have the higher end talent, but I think they might have more consistency on all 4 lines. Goaltending is about even.

I'm really excited about this series.

Lcsulla 06-26-2021 03:17 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17977068)
I have a lot of respect for the Habs team, how they play, and them being scorching hot underdogs.

What scares me the most is their speed. We definitely have some slower players that may get exposed. I think the Habs PK might get exposed by our PP though. I think it was more Vegas PP being awful than Habs PK being great, but we'll find out.

We have the higher end talent, but I think they might have more consistency on all 4 lines. Goaltending is about even.

I'm really excited about this series.

Agree with all you said especially about this shaping up to be a great final. That said I disagree about the Vegas power play, the PK guys on Montreal just plain stifled them - jammed then up entering the zone, winning board battles to get clears, getting a shortie through a hard work, keeping Vegas largely to the outside of the dots, blocking shots, wasting time along the boards, winning key draws, just plain finding a way to get the puck even two feet out of the zone to force Vegas to tag up and just plain giving themselves time to make quick line changes due to the longer clears and forechecking. They just outworked the Vegas power paly and made it look easy, especially with Price back there to cover up for any mistakes in their end. That was fun to watch. TB PP is a whole different animal though, no doubt the Habs will be tested far more often and from better shooting lanes.

coldengrey12 06-26-2021 11:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm having a hard time accepting the winningest franchise in NHL history as underdogs, but it is true that this particular Habs team has a great story

dmbetc 06-28-2021 07:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pastrnak loses his newborn son. So awful.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-loved-forever

mthawk07 06-28-2021 09:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Let's go Bolts! :bounce

Antiramie 06-28-2021 09:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
And…here…we…go.

drakan 06-28-2021 11:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My prediction...Suns in 4.

mthawk07 06-28-2021 11:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Bolts ainít fucking around.

Antiramie 06-29-2021 12:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Bah gawd! That was an asskicking in every facet.

Lcsulla, how bout that Habs PK? ;) :D

coldengrey12 06-29-2021 01:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The Bolts made that look easy

unccrombie 06-29-2021 09:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hope Biden bet free maple syrup for a year.

Roose13 06-29-2021 11:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17978334)
Hope Biden bet free maple syrup for a year.

If I was Trudeau, I'd be playing for some cigars from Ybor City.

drakan 06-29-2021 05:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17978272)
The Bolts made that look easy

So did Vegas in game 1...Suns in 4.

Lcsulla 06-29-2021 07:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17978253)
Bah gawd! That was an asskicking in every facet.

Lcsulla, how bout that Habs PK? ;) :D

I agree, that was a complete beat down. I was surprised at how slow Montreal looked and how they just plain got outworked. The getting outworked part is probably the worst for them, that hustle and urgency is the reason they beat Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas - it's like the tank ran dry last night. Regardless of that goal last night their PK still looks pretty solid - TB throwing 5 FWD's out there probably threw a wrench into their thinking. Who knows but I do expect a closer game tomorrow, hopefully - if this is just going to be a TB sweep I might as well catch up on Gillligan's Island reruns!

drakan 06-29-2021 07:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Montreal in the middle of the 2nd period could have made it a game.

coldengrey12 06-30-2021 01:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17978654)
So did Vegas in game 1...Suns in 4.

Colorado in game 1

*cries in Avalanche*

Antiramie 06-30-2021 02:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17978742)
Montreal in the middle of the 2nd period could have made it a game.

If weíre talking about getting another crazy fluke goalÖmaybe. But thatís all they could hope for. They got thoroughly dominated from start to finish.

mthawk07 06-30-2021 08:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yeah one game doesnít a series make, but that was embarrassingly one-sided the other night. Iím not counting Montreal out after what they did against Toronto, but this could very well end up a quick series.

Antiramie 06-30-2021 02:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17978881)
Yeah one game doesn’t a series make, but that was embarrassingly one-sided the other night. I’m not counting Montreal out after what they did against Toronto, but this could very well end up a quick series.

I think we'll have a way better idea after tonight. Look what Colorado did to Vegas in Game 1. Didn't mean shit.

Killorn being out won't help. Damnit.

mthawk07 06-30-2021 10:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy shit what a goal!

mthawk07 06-30-2021 11:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Montrealís two goals so far have both been deflected in off Lightning defenders.

TypicalBilly14 07-01-2021 12:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
You have to play a perfect game against TB with no loose ends if you are going to have a chance. MTL was much better tonight versus Game 1, but too many loose ends cost them.

drakan 07-01-2021 12:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17979323)
Montrealís two goals so far have both been deflected in off Lightning defenders.

They had 40 shots though.

Antiramie 07-01-2021 03:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Vasy is a god.

Coleman goal was pure sex.

dmbetc 07-01-2021 01:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Finally the Kings with a good trade! Arvidsson (NSH) for a pair of draft picks.

mr.MikeD 07-02-2021 08:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What should I think about the rumours of old man keith coming to Edmonton? Guess it depends what it takes and who he displaces. He’s like 105 years old, but knows a thing or 2 about hockey and winning.

mthawk07 07-02-2021 09:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This isn't fair.

mr.MikeD 07-02-2021 10:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yeah whatever magic the habs were running on has worn off. TB far too good.

TypicalBilly14 07-02-2021 11:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
MTL, earth. Earth, MTL.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.