Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

BotheLaneFan 06-17-2021 09:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

That went poorly.

drakan 06-17-2021 03:21 PM

Impressive win by Montreal.

mthawk07 06-17-2021 11:50 PM

Great job by the Lightning tonight. Ugly win but it counts. Just got tickets to go to the game 4 watch party at Amalie on Saturday night, should be fun!

Antiramie 06-17-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17973017)
Great job by the Lightning tonight. Ugly win but it counts. Just got tickets to go to the game 4 watch party at Amalie on Saturday night, should be fun!

Yea, a little too much turtling, but I'll take the W.

drakan 06-18-2021 02:57 PM

wrong thread.

Lcsulla 06-18-2021 10:52 PM

Wow, no idea why mcnab wasn't tossed for that hit a few minutes ago - refs had their choice of tossing him for initial contact to the head or leaving his feet to deliver the hit.

BotheLaneFan 06-19-2021 12:19 AM

Fleury blew this. What a bonehead. Ugh. We’re fuuuucked.

Lcsulla 06-19-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 17973535)
Fleury blew this. What a bonehead. Ugh. We’re fuuuucked.

I am literally stunned. Flower is playing exceptional throughout the playoffs and that fluke mistake cost them the game - admittedly Vegas probably could have put a few more pucks in but Price is in the zone and their PP is DOA. By now it is almost impossible for me not to think Montreal is on some sort of Cinderella run they way they have just found ways to win up until now (9-1 in their last 10!) - Vegas is clearly the more skilled and deep team but between coming back from 3-1 to beat Toronto, sweeping Winnipeg and now this lucky win to take a 2-1 series lead - sort of tough to doubt them right now.

I feel horrible for MAF - guy is one of the nicest, classiest, likable and skilled player I can think of. There is literally nothing you can say negative anyone can say about him - unless someone is maybe a Philly fan! :lol

Antiramie 06-19-2021 02:39 AM

NHL officiating is ruining this sport. Just a fucking embarrassment of epic proportions.

Lcsulla 06-19-2021 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17973564)
NHL officiating is ruining this sport. Just a fucking embarrassment of epic proportions.

They let a lot go tonight, notably a number of clear cut penalties of the dangerous nature denying Montreal PP's. The big example obviously no one seeing Cory Perry get smashed in the face with a high stick in OT which was just a guy swing to bat down a puck in the air without looking around to see if his effort put anyone in danger. Damn was Perry bleeding from the nose, should have been at least a double minor for drawing blood - not that it mattered in the end, think it fired the Habs up since it happened not long before their OT winner.

mthawk07 06-19-2021 10:12 AM

Fleury. :lol

drakan 06-19-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17973586)
Fleury. :lol

Yeah that was bad. Montreal has won 2 in a row since I told myself Vegas is going to win the cup...

mthawk07 06-19-2021 11:30 PM

My wife and I really are bad luck. We’ve been to three Lightning playoff games in person, and they got blown out every time. Now we go to a watch party for an away game, and it’s 3-0 after the 2nd. We leave to go home, and by the time we get home, they’ve scored twice to get back in the game. We may never go to another playoff game here again. :lol

mthawk07 06-19-2021 11:54 PM

Holy shit what a play by that Islanders defenseman to save the game.

Antiramie 06-20-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17973843)
My wife and I really are bad luck. We’ve been to three Lightning playoff games in person, and they got blown out every time. Now we go to a watch party for an away game, and it’s 3-0 after the 2nd. We leave to go home, and by the time we get home, they’ve scored twice to get back in the game. We may never go to another playoff game here again. :lol

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...ld-you-not.jpg

Lcsulla 06-21-2021 12:21 AM

Well that ending sucked. Pretty darn stunned Price let that soft one in so late to allow Vegas to tie the game and ultimately even the series. For me it is easy to cheer for the Habs and I have been on their bandwagon since the took that game 5 vs Toronto - great run they are having and Price (not to jump the guy) looks like a Conn Smyth frontrunner right now, despite losing he has been easily the best player on the Habs and they are certainly not even alive at this point without his amazing play.

Lcsulla 06-21-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17973843)

Haven't been to a playoff game since like 1985 or 1986 with my uncle taking me up to Hartford to see the Whalers get blown out. Was damn cool to be at an All Star game in Hartford to see Gretzky, Lemeiux, Bossy, Messier and all those greats from that era. Still have a pin and stub in my hockey keepsake box - wherever I stuffed it! :lol

BotheLaneFan 06-21-2021 03:40 AM

That went better.

drakan 06-21-2021 09:57 PM

Isles completely overwhelmed.

TypicalBilly14 06-21-2021 10:37 PM

Edzo broken up there for TK's passing. Rest in Peace, TK.

Antiramie 06-22-2021 01:03 AM

Well that was fun.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7tOkpntQtBM/hqdefault.jpg

Lcsulla 06-22-2021 02:21 AM

Damn that was a 8-0 complete and total beat down by TB, damn happy as I cannot stand the Isles. Bolts in 6 was my prediction all along, figured the Isles could forecheck themselves to a win or two and their fourth line has a lot of skill and the size to throw their weight around plus they often get beneficial matchups.

unccrombie 06-22-2021 10:12 AM

Back to back
(Thunderstorm)
(Bolt)
(Lightning)
(Lighting Bolt)
Champs

Antiramie 06-22-2021 05:52 PM

Barzal gets a fine lol. Gonna be such BS if the guy he crosschecked in the face can't play tomorrow and he's allowed to. Get fucked, NHLPA and DoPS.

Lcsulla 06-22-2021 11:37 PM

Cole Caufield showing the world on national TV why he is a world class goal scorer having broken, tied or come within 1 goal of records set by guys like Ovechkin, Kane, Kessel and Matthews. Kid is gonna be something.

mr.MikeD 06-23-2021 12:50 AM

Love to see it. Knights faces and body language kinda looking like they forgot they have to actually play the games and win them.

Lcsulla 06-23-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17975036)
Love to see it. Knights faces and body language kinda looking like they forgot they have to actually play the games and win them.

Just like Toronto when the Habs tied the series and when the Jets were moments away from being swept. Teams are underestimating how solid of a game Montreal - plus they have Price who is unreal to pick them up!!!!

drakan 06-23-2021 02:48 AM

Playoffs are delivering.

mthawk07 06-23-2021 08:12 AM

I stand corrected on Canada’s chances of making the Final.

TypicalBilly14 06-23-2021 09:43 PM

Point taken, that dude is on a roll.